No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *bc calmly starts making stacks of copies of the quote, then blows them up with extreme force* GRRR. DO YOU YOU KNOW HOW MAD THAT MAKES ME??????? It's a good thing for you that you don't. Because I wouldn't want to traumatize you so early in life.

brokencello
    the crinkled paper bag
    "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
    --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
    brokencello
    the crinkled paper bag
    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• *mumbles some not entirely polite language under her breath* Stupid biased little...person. So YW's only good for waiting for the next Harry Potter book, huh? It can't stand by itself? An original science fiction veteran is only good enough for a fill-in? What is the world coming to when someone with the genius of DD has to compete with the newest fad? GRRR.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.

School is hell with flourescent lighting.
      I will rejoice in the moonlight;
      I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
      For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

Comment

• Noooooo! Guys, slow down! Don't hate this poor, well-meaning, if slightly deluded lady! I'm sure she was doing her best! To me, the article had the tone of someone using the HP phenomenon to get a series that is "great in its own right" some much-deserved publicity...

Certainly, the article had problems, namely the way it sot of implied that the two series were really similar and stuff, and the way she compared them was, well, pretty bad and very irritating. but it wasn't THAT bad. Don't hurt her!
        T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
        --Agent M
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• It had issues. She has issues. No one will turn me away from the thought that she's NOT a good reporter... *mumble mumble*

*Agent~M*
          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Hah, I agree with M. Sorry Tui--it does have issues. Seriously, the article's saturated with nasty little insinuations. Grr...we should form a mob and run yelling and screaming to her house, brandishing banners that say 'The Great DD is Not Happy!' and 'YW is NOT a Fill-In!' and 'HP is Inferior!' and other less mild statements.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
            -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
            *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
            http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I hate the article, but I never said I hate the woman who wrote it. I still think she's biased, though.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.

I will rejoice in the moonlight;
              I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
              For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

Comment

• Maybe we should find more of her articles and see all of the others are bad too... Maybe I'll do that in my spare time...

MATRIX REVOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

*Agent~M*
                "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                *Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

• KS8Skter bla-blahblah (sorry I don't know your nickname too well) No I'm not a serial killer, the only one I'm planning to kill sometime soon is that Karen person. *Goes looking for a sniper doesn't find one so he gets a golf club instead* ATTACK!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                  "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
                  "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                  Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I was not happy ALL day I copied it into word then printed it and brought it to school and read it over and over during DEAR time and it made me hiss (I sometimes hiss when I'm hyper and get mad) then I showed it to all my friends and it made even them mad (and only one of them has read or in his case is reading SYWTBAW or any other of DD's books) and one of them told me to write her a nasty letter, but I'm not like that so...
                    Tui: you're probably right, but the article makes me so mad I have to blame the author.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                    ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                    Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                    HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                    My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• You still have DEAR time? LUCKY. We have to wait till the teacher stops talking or hide the book. Maybe we should write a nasty letter to that Karen person..... *Grabs a nearby ski pole and joins db.*

*Agent~M*
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• We're still supposed to have DEAR time, but we are 7th graders who eat lunch with 6th graders, so we have 6th grade DEAR and my teach. doesn't know when it is because the 6th grade DEAR bell only rings downstairs, so we only get like 3 minutes.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                        You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same.
                        A memory lasts forever never does it die, true friends stay together and never say goodbye.
                        ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                        Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                        HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                        My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Oh. That's a little confusing... You have classes with the 6th graders? *shudders* I'm not too fond of the current 6th graders.... Or the 8th graders either...

*Agent~M*
                          *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

• I eat with 7th grade up. I hate 11th graders. And 10th. What's "DEAR" time?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                            "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                            Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Drop Everything And Read. It's pretty self explanatory.
                              Are you in 7th grade db? I thought you were 11?

*Agent~M*
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• I am 11 and I am on 7th grade. Oh, then I have had some DEAR time myself. lol

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Working...
                                X