No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol. Thanx, Tui. Hey, have you guys ever been to fictionalley.org?

Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere else very quickly. But if they say "Enter", don't stop to pack.
    --Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *nods* Yep. There's some good stuff, I think, as well as a bunch of stuff that's archived elsewhere (ffn.net, Quill, other places...) but it can be quite hard to find the good stuff- often I find it on the Quill and then finish it on FA, 'cause it's finished there and not on the Quill. (Speaking of which: my best friend's story, which I beta and bounce-board, just got accepted. it's fantastic, go read it. Name's Elsha, fic's Distractions.)

Where was I? Ah, FA. It can be hard to find the stuff you actually want, shipwise, plotwise or characterwise. On the other hand, it has the excellent forums like cruisin' (here be fics, sorted by ships. ), SCUSA and some others. But on a third hand, FAPark is so BIG that you miss a heap of stuff, and there's not quality guarantee, which can be annoying. And because there usually aren't summaries... you can't tell if it's a good fic just by looking.

But it's not a bad archive. I need to check that new site that's going up, don't I...

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
      --Agent M
      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• True, but then again there's no quality guarantee on ff.net. And it does have the fanart section...there's some really nice stuff there.
        Will go and read Distractions now...

Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere else very quickly. But if they say "Enter", don't stop to pack.
        --Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
        My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
        OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Well, I don't have much to say. I don't think Ron and Hermione are quite perfect. I think she needs to open up to the fact that he isn't perfect, and he needs to open up to the fact that she isn't either. I still think Snape's the best...love...But I don't mid Sirius either. I think if I were a witch, I would be his widow.

brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
          --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
          brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Ack!! I just read this is my sister's National Geographic Kids:
            News flash! Next summer's Happy Potter and the Prosoner of Azkaban is going to look a lot different from the first two movies.
            Harry, Hermione, and Ron now dress in hip street clothes instead of their stuffy Hogwarts uniforms. And the sets will look a little, uh, not-so-normal. (Try a zig-zaggedy main street in the wizard village of Hogsmeade and a zany-looking Honeydukes candy store.) Then there's Albus Dumbledore, now played by Irish-born actor Michael Gambon. He's turned from a kindly headmaster into a groovy hippie.
            I knew they were going to mess it up! It's all because of that stupid director...

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
            'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
            -Spongebob Squarepants
            *Ella*
            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
            What could mean more than this?"
            --Bright Eyes

Comment

• why? Ya know I really thought that Snape was going to turn around in the last book. But, no he's still as nasty as ever.
              Arrg. I really don't want to do this project. Interdisciplinary unit thing. It has to be about visionaries. grrrrrrrrrr. and i really haven't done anything for it yet and it's due in like 10 days.
              Sorry. just ignore me.

You had better start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one. -Pirates of the Carribean

Don't you dare call me Cutey.

Comment

• oh, i read that too! Thats horrible! grrrrr.....

You had better start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one. -Pirates of the Carribean

Don't you dare call me Cutey.

Comment

• yeah, I read that magazine too, it's from my uncle, he gives us a subscription to a magazine every christmas, of our choice, this year I'm gonna ask for the adult National Geographic. But anyways, I guess the clothes is o.k. but I don't like how he said "He's turned from a kindly headmaster into a groovy hippie" WHAT THE DOES THAT MEAN!??!?!?!?!?

*Agent~M*
                  "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                  "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                  "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

• I don't know! And I don't think I want to find out! I don't like the clothes thing either, that's totally against the books. Hogsmeade is okay, although I've been getting some ideas on just what Honeydukes will look like.

*wanders off muttering*

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
                    'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
                    -Spongebob Squarepants
                    *Ella*
                    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                    What could mean more than this?"
                    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• It's strange... now I'm actually looking forward to the movies more then I am looking forward to more books... That NEVER happens to me.... I didn't like the 5th book that much though...

*Agent~M*
                      "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "I could live

Comment

• Several things, moviewise...
                        1. How could Cuaron possibly, ever, ever, be worse than Columbus? he did a crap job. Sorry. the movies sucked. (Actually, no, they didn't : my father, who has a practice of seeing movie then reading book, liked them. But as adaptations, they suck.)
                        2. The actors aren't usually all that good, but the sets and scenery have always been excellent: from what I've seen, that's not actually going to change.
                        3. Costuming was wrong in the first two anyway. They wore muggle clothes with, I don't know, the kind of overrobe you get when you leave university. so that's not really going to change much, and in all the scenes where the kids are out of uniform, they wear Muggle clothes anyway: JKR mentions it specifically.

As for Dumbledore; actually, that could mean anything. To me, that review sounds pretty ignorant and unblanaced, probably wirtten by someone who doens't really know what they're talking about... I have no idea what the movie will be like, and my expectations are reasonably low (though I'm still excited... go figure...) but I don't think the review's going to give us a good idea. And it didn't really say anything about the movie anyway...

So. in a nutshell. Calm down, guys...
                        Oh, I have one problem: in some of the photos, hermione is wearing pink. Yes. PINK. Hermione is SO NOT a pink person...

--Agent M

Comment

• Just watch the POA trailer!
                          azkaban.com

Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
                          Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com
                          Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
                          Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com

Comment

• "Hermione is SO NOT a pink person" ? Does that mean that Hermione the character is not a pink person (in which case I TOTALLY agree) or do you mean Emma Watson doesn't look good in pink, in which case, why does it matter?

*Agent~M*
                            *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

• Hermione the character is not a pink person. Not that there's anything 9drastically) wrong with people who like pink: Hermione jsut isn't one of them.

Avi, look, I know people keep telling you this, so can you please, please try to refrain from one-liners? It gets really frustrating. What you could have done was said watch the POA trailer because....[insert comments here]. Apart from anything else, one-sentence posts are so irritating, and they CoST DD MONEY.
                              T

--Agent M

Comment

• Emphasis on "THEY COST DD MONEY!!" $$ is too important in the modern world.... *sigh*
                                I don't like pink.

*Agent~M*
                                *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X