No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glede: If you don't mind me asking, where is Chico? Should I know these things as a junior in high school? *is worried*

And I'm glad to hear everyones Christmas went so well! Ours was really relaxing... As in... we all slept late and opened gifts at like four before making dinner. It was just the three of us, my parents and me... So there was no pressure to get out of our lounge cloths or look presentable. We didn't even a have tree o.O, though I wasn't so happy about that.
    Regardless...
    I got them the book "The Last Lecture", by Randy Pausch, which I fully plan on stealing and reading when they finnish... They gave me some cool stuff too... which consisted approximately of:
    Two fuzzy pairs of pj bottoms, some hair product, a journal, some chopsticks, and of course, my Dr. Martens, which have yet to come in the mail... x.X I'm going crazy waiting.
    OH and I got some money... Which was nice... I think I'll spend some quality bookstore time with it. *cackles in a corner*

eowyn: I have no doubt that the Princess Bride is just as good, if not better, as a book... Because I find that books are always better than movies...
    Though the Princess Bride IS a good movie. We'll see...
    And my brain is having sympathy pains for your homework load .

Emi: I get stupid spazzy wrists too... Though for me its because of text messaging >.< *blush* because I seem to do that much much too often. And congrats on your cousin, I completely understand her reasoning for wanting to get married up in New Hampshire in fall... I absolutely LOVE it up there, especially with all the leaves etc. We get some of the beauty down in Massachusetts but not nearly as much as you guys get...

Cress: Yay for your boyfriend getting to endure perhaps one of the most stereotypically horrifying introductions of his life! I bet it went well though...

And I'm waiting to turn my laundry so I can get packing... We're going out of state tomorrow and I'm... well... not excited. I _really_ wanted to be in Boston with friends for New Years but i guess the cookie didn't crumble that way . Oh well... I'll call them when the ball drops.

Oh my computer's going to die... whoops...

I really should figure out some kind of a signature like a normal person...

And Garrett how do you work the smily things? Like the tumble weed and the... >.>
    <.< beating a dead horse one... Was I the only one to find that smily a bit odd?

And I'll have to copy this because by the time I go to post it I'll have been logged out...

Comment

• Erm... I'm having issues with my avatar. It won't work. Any ideas on how to fix it? Or is there a thread that explains how?
      "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Yeah, the boyfriend thing wasn't too bad. We went bowling, and on his first ball he got a strike. After that all anybody did was tease him, which means he's in with my family.

I still can't find the smilies. Oh well. I shall do without. *sighs*

Oh, The Last Lecture is really cool. We watched the movie of it in my religion class, and while I despise that class with every fiber of my being, those few days were much better because not only did we get to see a cool video, but my teacher also stopped talking, which is my favorite part of the class.

Glede: I went bowling too! But I use bumpers, so I didn't get that bad a score. Otherwise I probably would have. I think I got 97 the first time and then 120 the second time.
        The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
        I promise not to funfun anymore
        Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Cress/Glede: I went bowling too! lol, craziness. I'm a really bad bowler...the first game I got a 65, I think...but the second game I got a 141. I think it was a fluke, but I bowled 4 spares and one strike in the first 5 frames, and another couple in the last few frames. I'm honestly not sure how it happened...I did have bumpers up, but I usually don't end up hitting them, I just like not getting gutter balls.

Christmas was...insanity. I guess I'm just still not used to being around my entire family for like...4 days straight, and not seeing my friends at all. P. and I tried to get together on Friday night (he's got a crazy family too) and it didn't happen...so we tried again on Saturday night...but he got stuck at a family party. So we went to Taco Bell at midnight, and then walked around a local beach in the dark, since it was so warm yesterday. Not going to lie, it's weird not being around him all the time like I am at school; we don't have any of the same classes or anything, but we live in the same dorm so we're pretty much together 24/7. Oh well-not everyone at my school gets to see the person they like over break, so I really shouldn't be complaining at all.

I had a pretty good Christmas...mainly I got money that I'm saving for when I go abroad junior year. Random clothes...a purse...and a 2x2 Rubix cube. Now. I hate Rubix cubes; I can't solve the normal sized one to save my life. But both my siblings can do it; my sister has solved one in under 1 minute, and she only learned how to solve them in the last 6 months! I, on the other hand, tend to throw the things at the wall. They frustrate me...I'm not really spatially aware of the world around me, and I have a hard time working out in my head how the stupid things work. So, this cube is supposedly easier than the traditional Rubix cube...lies. LIES. (I am just a little bit frustrated by it. XD)

Yesterday's weather was amazing...it was the highest it's been on that day since sometime in the 1930's (where I live, anyway.) 65 degree weather is basically my favorite weather anyway, so it was just amazing. Otherwise, I would have never agreed to go to the beach at midnight; normally, at this time of year, you'd freeze if you did that.

Meh. Finally figured out the smilies.

Garrett: thanks for making my avatar magically appear! I honestly probably would have not gotten around to it until summer break, which is really depressing.

Who's talking about the Princess Bride? I've never read the book (actually, I didn't know there was a book...) but the movie was pretty sweet. The name, however, reminds me of this doll I got for Christmas when I was about 3. The doll was called Princess Bride, and had absolutely nothing to do with the movie. It was this blonde princess doll who came dressed in a pink dress that, when you reversed it, was white! So she went from being a princess to a bride! And her necklace and crown turned from colored "pearls" to white ones when you put them in water...good times. I don't know why I'm talking about this, it's kind of random. But that was the first thing I ever really really wanted for Christmas, and my mom still makes fun of me for it 15 years later. But seriously...that doll was, to my 3 year old self, the most awesome thing ever.

Well...ok, I've got 1 episode left in season 2 of LOST. I'm on a mission to watch all 4 seasons before the 5th season starts (I've never watched them before, but my roomie and all my friends at school are obsessed with it, so I figure I'll join in their mania.) So I'm going to go watch that...

Comment

• Originally posted by PointeFeet View Post
            It's interesting that people describe the same feelings that I've had my whole life, ever since i was little and realized that I hated myself, I think that i was about seven. It comes and goes, I guess that it's pretty bad right now, considering the scars that are just fading on my shoulder, but fortunately I've never been suicidal, especially after last fall when one of my friends did hand herself, and I saw how awful it was to everyone who was left. But I still know that feeling of sometimes just wanting everything to end.
            I take it you meant Hang herself....
            But that makes me wonder if all good and powerful people with big destinies have times like that around the age of seven.....

I was a bit depressed at that age too.... (btw, it is impossible to suffocate oneself)
            My mom stopped understanding me (b/c she didn't believe in talking to everything...) and everyone (literally) picked on me form kindergarten to sixth grade.

But I got better in seventh grade (around the time of my ordeal...)!

I've learned that the only way to cure emo-ness is with love.

That's how I was cured then, and how I've just recently cured someone!

Oh yeah, also @ the age of seven, some evil spirit tried to kill me by setting a car I was sitting in into reverse while I was in my driveway...
            Luckily my parents, who were bringing groceries up the stairs heard me yell for help. my mom thought I did it @ first.

I love life, btw.

I also know a way to stop someone from committing suicide...

All humans have built in them the instinct for survival.

Get into thier mind and appeal to that instinct; get into thier sub-conscious where they have no control and pull out this instinct to make them live. (I think I did this in 8th grade.)

I have a regular 3x3 cube and a 5x5 cube; ther is a book called the simple solution to the rubics cube, with that I can solve the 3x3, but I can only solve the top layer of the 5x5 (which I got for last x-mas). but there is let a cube wiz borrow my 5x5 and he figured out how to solve it, and can now do it in 20 min! (The time it takes me to solve a 3x3 with the book!)

I had agreat x-mas too!

I got Folklore for my PS3 !!!!!

and a new iPod, among other things

So I'm Happy!!!!!!!!

That's what I call myself, "The Happy Person"

Originally posted by bookgirl View Post
            Erm... I'm having issues with my avatar. It won't work. Any ideas on how to fix it? Or is there a thread that explains how?
            Amen on the arts quote girl!

I'm confused on the avatar too, (but you can find me on WeeWorld!)

can someone else help us with this?
            Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 29, 2008, 03:51:32 PM. Reason: merging multipost
            The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by nelina
              Amen on the arts quote girl!

I'm confused on the avatar too, (but you can find me on WeeWorld!)

can someone else help us with this?
              I was confused at first too. What I did was I clicked on the quick links to go to my account. From there I looked to the left bar and found the Edit Your Avatar thing. From there you just choose a photo from your comp or the internet.

Was I any help?

Oh and Nelina. You shouldn't do two posts, it costs DD more money. If you want to add more then click the Edit button.
              "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
              "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
              "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
              "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glede View Post
                I was confused at first too. What I did was I clicked on the quick links to go to my account. From there I looked to the left bar and found the Edit Your Avatar thing. From there you just choose a photo from your comp or the internet.

Was I any help?

Yes, that helped! Thanks a ton!

I've spent the day feeling rather pathetic. Everyone caught this nasty cold right around finals, I thought I'd managed to avoid it. No such luck. My dad is the best though, he went to the store for me and got some medicine and chicken noodle soup. I spent the day reading "Tales of the Beadle Bard", I got it for Christmas. Its really good!
                "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Wow, almost another full page of posts...so this is what happens when I don't check the forums for a day and a half...

Nella: Awww, it sounds cute! I got my rabbits when they were about 2 months old, at an animal shelter. They look exactly like all of the wild rabbits running around the neighborhood, so it gets confusing. I've lost two sets of speakers, a computer mouse, and a pair of headphones to those rabbits... They're fun, though.

I just finished playing the computer game Shadow of Destiny. Anyone heard of it? It's addictive...and fun... And kind of "choose-your-own-adventure-ish."
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Wow, im pretty bored. My friend joined this site. Hse's only read the first book but she like it. her name is dark-angel. She's pretty cool.

Um... So...

Anybody got anything to talk about?

PS:
                    Originally posted by kk View Post
                    Wow, almost another full page of posts...so this is what happens when I don't check the forums for a day and a half...

Nella: Awww, it sounds cute! I got my rabbits when they were about 2 months old, at an animal shelter. They look exactly like all of the wild rabbits running around the neighborhood, so it gets confusing. I've lost two sets of speakers, a computer mouse, and a pair of headphones to those rabbits... They're fun, though.

I just finished playing the computer game Shadow of Destiny. Anyone heard of it? It's addictive...and fun... And kind of "choose-your-own-adventure-ish."
                    Nella: I like rabbits they really cute. But my sister has asthma and we can't get any animal besides fish. Fish! Oh well. My fish is named Fang. He's cool.

kk: No I havn't heard about Shadow of Destiny. What's it about?
                    Last edited by Glede; December 28, 2008, 10:17:51 PM.

Comment

• One of my friends is insane and can almost do a Rubik's cube without looking at it. She can do it in probably 30 seconds. She used to bring them to Latin class all the time and do them while the teacher was lecturing. He got really distracted, it was funny. Then again, this is the same teacher who talked about footie pajamas when he was explaining conditional sentences, so we bought him footie pajamas before finals and he put them on during class and then said he couldn't concentrate on Latin because he was too comfortable. I kind of miss him and classes don't start again until Jan. 20. Sigh.

I have three cats, and I love them! I've never had a bunny...oh well. I think they're cute too.

Has anyone ever heard of Eisley? I kind of love them right now...
                      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                      I promise not to funfun anymore
                      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Eisly? No not really. Who/what are they?
                        My friend has a cat. Her name is Ashes and she's preg. Again. This is the third time. She's a Siamese.
                        My classes don't start until... Jan 12. How are you Cress?

Comment

• Nella: Ooh, quality bookstore time...I'm going to be doing some of that too, with my Borders gift card. And I don't have a siggy either...I did, but it was extraordinarily lame. Perhaps we're just siggy-impaired?

I must say that I love the beating a dead horse smilie. I had never imagined a cliche would come to life in such a...um...such a way. Oh, dear. *chuckles*

Cress: I had the same problem with the smilies--perhaps this will help: Go to the User CP, then click on Edit Options under "Settings and Options". Scroll to the bottom, and choose Enhanced Interface under the Message Editor Interface option. Then click Save Changes. This should help...it did for me, at least. *crosses fingers*

Am I the only one on here that hasn't gone bowling in the past week? Hm. Perhaps so.

seabiscuit: Oh, no, the dreaded Rubiks cube. Those are SO frustrating. Argh. Thinking about it makes me want to throw something...I, too, am very spatially challenged. Blarg. Best of luck, though! Speaking of the Princess Bride doll...I had an Ariel (from The Little Mermaid) Barbie when I was little that came with this "pearl" ring that would change from blue to white when you ran it under hot water. I also had an Ariel figurine that would change colors when you put in the refridgerator (you were actually supposed to dunk it in cold water, but the fridge worked a lot better, especially as it aged). Hm. Now that I think about it, I had far more Ariel color-changing toys than I ever thought possible. Strange. Anyway, I understand how it would be possible to think that doll was the coolest thing ever, because I thought mine was the coolest thing ever. (Ooh, smurf smiley.)

bookgirl: Glad you're enjoying Beedle...I loved it. The Warlock and the Hairy Heart is my favorite, but perhaps I'm just morbid and gruesome. I hope your cold gets better soon!

Cress: Your Latin teacher sounds amazing. Do you think I could borrow him for a semester and have him teach my biology class? Ah...well...I suppose not. And no, I've never heard of Eisley. Sorry, I think...

I am waaaay too obsessed with Pieces of Flair on Facebook. I love getting all sorts of geeky things and putting them on my board. Probably half the things on mine are in-jokes from books.

I did a lot of history outlining today...I got about forty pages done in three hours, which is pretty fast--not that it sounds fast at all. It takes time. Anyway, I'll be continuing on that tomorrow, as well as perhaps--gasp--some biology if I fell up to it. Well. As it's 1:25 A.M. here, I should probably go to sleep. Aw, the sleepy smilie is so cute. *huggles sleepy smilie*

Comment

• I went bowling a couple days ago! Well... does Wii Bowling count?

This warm weather is depressing me. The snow is all melted except for the piles the plows made. I really like the snow, and I always hate to see it gone.

And now, the road is muddy, the potholes are back and bigger, and ruts are forming.

Plus, I can't sleep because it's warm and humid, I get a dry mouth and throat and a headache... I just can't stand this weather! It's like Spring, which is my least favorite season.

But on the positive side, I still have a full week off from school!
                            "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• I wish the snow would disappear as fast here as it does where you live. There's between two and three feet of snow, and it won't be gone til May... *sighs* Alaskan weather is cruel...

Has anyone gone skiing over winter break, or have you ever gone, or what? My whole family is doing stuff revolving around skiing, except little old me, sitting at the computer, typing for a project...
                              "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Originally posted by Glede View Post
                                Oh and Nelina. You shouldn't do two posts, it costs DD more money. If you want to add more then click the Edit button.
                                I don't think that applies for the new board, but let's keep behaving like it does: it's probably a good habit to be in.
                                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
                                X