The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Christmas Music EVER

I know it's a little late for Christmas, but I just found the most awesome Christmas music lol.

Check it out (it's free!):
    http://www.doctoroctoroc.com/video-g...album-release/

I should be heading off to work soon...
    ~Rachel

Comment

• Whew! I just read like three pages of TTOGR. I can't believe I missed so much....

Okay, so I'm glad everyone's Christmas and New Year's was good!!! I had a fun NYE. I went over my bf's house and we watched some British Comedy stuff. It was cool.

It snowed here... like NYE night. I was glad that it was windy though... I didn't have to clean off my car when I got out of work. Yes I had to work on NYE. It wasn't bad because the store closed at six and I got out at six. I had to work the same hours on NYD. Sorry for the short hand, I'm just too lazy to type out the actual words today...

I made another video!! Actually it's just a bunch of pictures thrown together to the music of "Hot 'n Cold" by Katy Perry. Click me

So... I'm procrastinating. I need to go do my homework... But I don't really want to. Call is senioritis?? Haha. I don't know what else to say.

Oh yeah, eowyngirl: Sympathy pains? That made me laugh... maybe my wrist is having sympathy pains.

Alright... I'm off.

Dai.
      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Emu, you're not alone with the procrastinating... I think my case is worse here. I'm supposed to be typing this book I'm writing for a school project. I've been "working" on it since September, but I'm only on chapter 2, and it has to be written, illustrated, and bound by May.

*feels guilty at the thought of all the reading that's been done the past 4 months*

If only I could stop time for a few months...
        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Voice recognition

i just figured out how to use the speech recognition program on my computer. That's what I'm using now. It's still a little confusing because it doesn't always type what I want. I still have to type lots of stuff too. This post is taking forever because it keeps typing the wrong thing.

YAY! The tumbleweed smiley is back! This post its too tedious to keep saying so I'm going to stop here. Hope I have a chance to come back on soon, so that I can tell you the rest of what was supposed to be in this post.

Dai!

Comment

• OMG

Ever eaten one of those little supposedly seedless tangerine things?

Well, I'm eating one now, and it has 10 seeds. There was one little section that had four seeds in it. I'm not even done eating it yet, either! *sits and eats the rest*

There were 13 seeds! The orange was only 3' by 3' by 2'! there was hardly room enough in there for all the seeds, much less any orange! OMG!
            "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• It's true that hair keeps growing after you die (but I think it's only for a little bit). Wouldn't it be sad if you were a vampire and decided you wanted to change your hair, so you cut it and hated it? How tragic...it would never grow back.
              My New Year wasn't super amazing, but it was nice. I had a bunch of my friends over and actually spent New Years with my boyfriend for the first time ever.
              I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. Lots of blood. I can't eat much, which is not fun. Also, my cheeks have started swelling and now I look like a chipmunk. No fun at all.
              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
              I promise not to funfun anymore
              Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Emi, Zirsta: I'm also guilty of procrastinating...I think I've got sophomoritis, if there is such a thing. Especially with speech and debate; I think I'm getting burnt out. Kind of like...I dunno...beating a dead horse? *giggles* I have a strange obsession with that smiley.

Cress: That would indeed be horrible, especially if you got a buzz cut and decided you didn't like it. Eek. I hope your teeth get better! I've never had to have huge dental procedures, but I know it's not fun. Best wishes.

I got realllly sick yesterday, which was no fun, and because I have adrenal insufficiency I had to go to the hospital. I got out a few hours ago and have been cleaning out my email and stuff...I think I'm going to watch SNL and go to bed.

My little cousins and my uncle are here from Tennessee, so I'm looking forward to seeing them. I probably would've spent all day yesterday with them if hadn't been throwing up constantly. Meh.

I'm really worried about my homework--I've been outlining all break long and finally finished Thursday night. I meant to do my biology yesterday (while hanging out with cousins, ha) and finish/memorize my oratory yesterday, but that obviously didn't happen. So...I guess I'll do homework all day tomorrow and hope it gets done?

Sorry I'm unable to anything but whine. ...Dai...

Comment

• Originally posted by Glede View Post
                  I am so ticklish, all you have to do is put your finger an inch from me skin and I'll start laughing. Poke me and I'll squeal. Tickle me and I'll scream. Yes, I said (wrote?) scream.
                  *takes notes in case of future Young Wizards meetup/con/whatever*

That dead horse beating is... hypnotic....

*shakes head* *makes shaking head noise he can't actually spell*

In any case, I'm one of the commanders of the Maggie team over on http://www.gocrosscampus.com/, which is a kind of online Risk game. Anyone want to come join in, besides the folks who are already there? :-)
                  Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 6, 2009, 11:24:02 AM.
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• I had no idea! (a/b the money that is)

and personally, I think the choose your own adventure boks are kind of stupid, because when I read them, I can think of so many ways that the story could have been better.....
                    The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Comment

• Finally!!! I found out when I'm going to be getting my Young Americans letter! I had my mom call the school to find out what happened to it, and they said they're going to send out another letter yesterday. So- judging from how long mail should get from California to New Hampshire I might be getting it either Saturday or Monday.

eowyngirl: Don't worry I had sophmoritis too. It got worse junior year because I had a load of seniors in my classes. Let's just say we never got any work done then. Haha.

Zirsta: You're writing a book for your project? What class is this in? I had to write a horror story for my English class... but my teacher let me pass in a finished story I had started writing last year. I had her edit it for me and everything. She was so excited over it... Sometimes she embarrasses me.

Gwendi: I've always wanted to use the voice recognition thingy. That's so cool.

nelina: .... what? Haha. I guess this _is_ TTOGR.... Welcome to the forums by the way. And deary please refrain from chattspeak or IM-talk. I got confused about the (a/b) thing... and I'm usually up to date with the whole IM/TXT speak. Haha. Thank you.

And that's about it... I gotta get my dinner now.

Dai stiho.
                      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Well, the book isn't really for a specific class because I'm still stuck in elementary school... The project it's for is called ROPEs. (rite of passage experiences) You make a list of ten of you life goals. The you pick one of the most important, and make that into a project that has a responsible risk. So I chose writing, illustrating, ad binding a book.

Comment

• I just changed my avatar to a picture of my beagle, Sam. I think it's way better than the screenshot I took from World of Warcraft. (a picture of me on a flying reindeer, closeup on the reindeer butt)

I just recently found a notebook of mine that I wrote a story in in 4th grade. I'm in 7th now, and it's actually a little better than what I'm writing now...I'm pathetic. I'm not posting that on www.quizilla.com because I'm still holding out hope that someday, I can edit it a lot and publish it...not online where anyone can see it for free. If you wanna make a living being creative, why give it away free... anyway... I'm probably not going to be a writer. I actually want to be a lawyer, I mean, what's better than arguing?

If anyone actually wanted to read the story I posted on quizilla, it's called the Rebels, and a link is in my sig. Also, I put a link to my twilight spoof that my friends and I put on youtube.

I'm going to go play World of Warcraft now, so bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
                            *takes notes in case of future Young Wizards meetup/con/whatever*

That dead horse beating is... hypnotic....

*shakes head* *makes shaking head noise he can't actually spell*

In any case, I'm one of the commanders of the Maggie team over on http://www.gocrosscampus.com/, which is a kind of online Risk game. Anyone want to come join in, besides the folks who are already there? :-)
                            Ah, maybe I shouldn't have wrote anything at all concerning my ticklishness. Oh well.

A Risk game? What is that?

An ya.. it is hypnotic.... ....

And Gwendi that is such a pretty picture! Your dog is SO cute!!!
                            I like writing so much! It's fun and creative and it lets you get some of your emotions out. Can I read your story? I WANT TO BE A WRITER! Though my mother says I'd be a good lawyer. What is it with parents and always saying that!?!? She says it's because I argue a lot. But I either want to be an artist or a writer or a paleontologist.
                            Last edited by Glede; January 7, 2009, 05:55:10 PM.
                            "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                            "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                            "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                            "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• I've been in Kenya for the last three-and-a-bit weeks, but I'm back now. It was a lot warmer there than it is here. I gave my Australian niece the first three Young Wizards books for Christmas.
                              -- Rick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glede View Post
                                Ah, maybe I shouldn't have wrote anything at all concerning my ticklishness. Oh well.
                                heh heh heh...

A Risk game? What is that?
                                Risk is a Parker Brothers board game in which you have to try to take over the world. I used to play it on the Mac all the time.

I started playing GXC when someone on the Brown alums' email list was recruiting for the Ivy League Championship (we lost :-( )
                                ----
                                Oh, btw, folks, my wife took a picture today. We knew it was a LOLcat, but we didn't know what the caption was at the time.

We just figured it out. :-)

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/v...x?ciid=3061973
                                Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 8, 2009, 12:56:33 AM.
                                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
                                X