The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rad View Post
    Quick question...is the member status based on number of posts or how long the user has been a member? For some reason, I thought mine said Senior Member before, but now I see it just says Member. Am I missing something?
    Number of posts. Lee set up the board with the default numbers for member levels, as far as I could tell: I just brought the old levels across from YW.Net and recalculated them. I mentioned it over here, but it was pretty easy to miss.
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• I feel sad for a few reasons, actually.
      • I don't know what the tumbleweeds are
      • I ordered the expansion for world of warcraft and it was supposed to come yesterday, but it didn't...
      • I went to play WOW today, but it's scheduled maintenence on Tuesdays.
      • I'm sick (maybe that should go farther up on the list, but it's not because I don't know how to do that, and I only have a cold, so it's pretty much nothing compared to what sicknesses other people have right now
      • I'm ranting...sorry about that

happiness list now:
      • No more school until sometime in January!
      • Christmas is coming up really soon
      • I can play on the computer
      • Coming on the forums always cheers me up

As you can see, I'm more pessimistic than optimistic today, even when I try hard to find happy stuff to list...*sigh*

If you guys want to read my story, here's the link: http://www.quizilla.com/stories/8355559/the-rebels-ch1

I posted it on quizilla.com because I dont think there's any chance of it being published, ever. I wrote 10 chapters so far, but Quizilla glitches sometimes, so if you only see a line or two, click 'next chapter.'

I got a 'drawing fantasy art' book on Saturday, when my family gathered to celebrate Christmas together. I tried to use the basic shapes in it to draw Roshaun, but failed miserably...oh well.

I can't think of anything else to say, so dai all.

Comment

• Gwendi! *hugs* I haven't heard from you in ages! Haha...

Life is good, today! Reasons why:
        • Christmas is almost here, and I finished all of my Christmas Shopping! YAY!
        • I made sugar cookies...yummy yummy!
        • I got over a ton of old books from my grandfather's house! They're so amazingly awesome... and very, very old. In example, "The Raidioman's Guide, 1936." It's a good book...
        • I'm feeling optimistic!

Dai, all.
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• hmm...

Cress! Rad! Alla! *tacklehuggles the oldbies* No funfuns Cress...I got here during the funfuns. They were...dare I say it...funfun. XD

I've been on winter (I just typed vinter...like Dracula! haha...right) break for a little over a week now, and it's so weird! I mean...I love being home, and seeing all my friends from high school, when they have time...but I really miss my friends from college. I'm lucky in that my closest friend from school lives literally 2 streets away from me...saw him last night. Yes, Sea's closest friend at school is a guy. A rather good looking guy who she likes who likes her back, as a matter of fact. We're not dating yet...but there's a pretty good chance we will. It's a weird story; we first met because he was wearing a shirt from a local restaurant, and so we talked...and found out we went to the same elementary school...and there are a whole bunch of other freaky coincidences where our lives intersect too. So I thought "Great! This guy can give me a ride home from school, we'll be friends, I'm not really attracted to him in that way..." Well...everything changes, I guess, and some things are inevitable. I'm not one to mess with Fate, especially when I tried so hard to do it earlier in the year and it didn't work out too well.

I had a good first semester of college...I passed Latin with a B, which I am absolutely thrilled about. It's weird being thrilled about a B, but I am. I was extremely worried about Latin, since my professor teaches differently than my high school teacher did, and it's become a lot harder; I thought I was going to get a C. But I didn't, and I must not have completely bombed the final...I'm very happy about all this.

Today is my family's cookie party. Basically, we all get together and each family brings over a bunch of different types of cookies...and we eat cookies. My family's pretty big on baking. I made mine yesterday, this sort of chocolate chip like cookie with chocolate pudding powder mixed into it. They're so chocolatey, and are kind of deadly because of it.

I can't believe tomorrow is already Christmas Eve...I lost track of time, I guess. Time seems to be moving more quickly lately, and everything is flying by. I kind of want to stick out my hand and say "Stop! I'm not ready to move this fast yet, let me get adjusted to life more..." but you know, that only works in the movies. And I can't stop time anyway.

I can't even tell if we'll have a white Christmas this year, the weather has been so weird lately. I'm in the part of the country where it was below zero over the weekend, and has been very cold ever since then. My dorm room at school is ridiculously warm; like, I sleep in shorts and a tshirt, and don't use any blankets warm. So here at home where the furnace is set on a "balmy" 67 degrees is actually really cold to me. School is spoiling me; warm rooms all the time, warm showers that are as long as I want...yep, definitely spoiling me. I like being warm.

My roommate is insisting that I watch all 4 seasons of Lost before it starts up again in January, so I'm working on that now. It's a good thing they're all online!

Alright, I want tea. For everyone who celebrates it, Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Cress: Hehe, it's cold where I live. As in, if it gets above 0 degrees, people start wearing shorts.
            AND I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK! I don't know anyone anymore. *cries* Except for alla. I remember you. And your avatar. I don't know how I remember it, but oh well. This place just keeps sucking me back in. I leave for a half a year, and then I come back.
            Awww... I feel loved I keep going away for a while and then coming back too. I may have even stayed away for a while if this move hadn't happened. I think it renewed my interest in the forums; made me realise how much I actually missed coming here. What have you been up to? Oh, in regards to the weather, here if it drops below 20 degrees (Celcius, that is), everyone gets out their winter clothing. I think I just caught the tail end of the funfuns. I can remember people warning me not to use them, or go anywhere near them... ah, all the old injokes, how I miss them. You know, I really don't talk in slang as often as I used to, its kinda sad. I've either lost interest in doing it... or USspeak is rubbing off on me

HUNGRY! *tacklehuggles back* Its been too long

Ugh... today is christmas eve here, and I'm not feeling so good :S. I think it was the colslaw that I had last night; something about it hasn't agreed with my stomach. I hope that I'll be better tomorrow. Being sick on Christmas Day will suck: we always have such good food.

Gwendi: There's an injokes topic over in the Newbie section. One of the first explanations is that of the tumbleweeds.

Anyway, for all you out there who celebrate it, have a bloody ripper of a Christmas and a corker of a new year, in case I don't get online between now and then

... interesting, I just had message come up that you can only use 4 images in a post. I'm cool with that, just surprised is all.
            Last edited by alla; December 23, 2008, 09:55:25 PM. Reason: adding a question

Comment

• hypochondria, too much worry about one's health

Comment

• Vacation finally starts! Yay!!! I'm so excited! Haha. But the sad part is I have to read a whole book by the end of the vacation... and four chapters of another book. I'm halfway done with the four chapters.

Hungry... I guess I really can't call you that- your avatar isn't up yet. Yay, for passing Latin! I know, time does seem like it's flying by wicked fast. I can't believe I'm almost over my last first semester of high school! It's saddening in a way... but also exhilarating. Haha.

Cress- I do believe I remember you from when I first joined the forums... although you just dropped by to say hi. But anyway, welcome back!

Alla: I've been meaning to ask this for the longest time... is that the Tardis on your avatar? If so- I love you. Haha. Not in a creepy way but in an oh-my-god-I-just-found-another-Dr.-Who-lover way. Sorry, not a lot of people in my area know about Dr. Who.... If it's not- then I just feel stupid for saying anything.

Regarding Nano... I tried and failed due to a certain injury to my wrist.

Um, still haven't received my letter yet. And everyone else who has auditioned got their letters last Thursday. I'm getting ansty. This is so not cool. Haha.

But on the bright side... I got an interview date for the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (that's a mouthful)!! I'm going January 31st... I'm so excited/nervous/I don't know. Haha. Three people interviewing me at the same time... intimidating much? I need to start preparing.

Hmm... I don't know if there's anything else I need to report. I'll probably be back sometime during the vacation week.

Dai Stiho!
                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• i want a wizard of mars to come out!!!! its impossible to find a better series than YW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I LOVE Latin. I'm so happy I found other people who take it. I'm just in my first semester of it, but it's probably my favorite class. I may be a super geek, but I get relaxed from conjugating verbs and declining nouns. It just all makes sense.
                    I love break. I love sleeping in. It's beautiful.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I love it, cause all my family comes over and we eat way too much and give each other stuff. YAY! People I like!
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Emi View Post
                      Hungry... I guess I really can't call you that- your avatar isn't up yet. Yay, for passing

Alla: I've been meaning to ask this for the longest time... is that the Tardis on your avatar? If so- I love you. Haha. Not in a creepy way but in an oh-my-god-I-just-found-another-Dr.-Who-lover way. Sorry, not a lot of people in my area know about Dr. Who.... If it's not- then I just feel stupid for saying anything.

But on the bright side... I got an interview date for the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (that's a mouthful)!! I'm going January 31st... I'm so excited/nervous/I don't know. Haha. Three people interviewing me at the same time... intimidating much? I need to start preparing.
                      Yes, that is the TARDIS sitting behind the walking laptop, and its wearing the fourth doctor's scarf too. Like it? I started off with just the drawing of the laptop; it was meant to be spot, waaay back about four months after I joined the forums. And then I got obsessed with Phantom of the Opera, so he had the Phantom's mask on, and then I think there was one with a tumbleweed in the background, and one with Darth Vader's mask on, and then I dug out some extremely rare drawing ability and managed to pull what you now see as my avatar off. I like it so much I haven't been bothered to draw another one since. There are quite a few people here that are Doctor Who fans, the 'Man at the Bar' topic used to be more of a Doctor fan club area. Maybe we should start a thread for it... maybe after Christmas, when the next ep comes out in the UK.

Having three people interview you is no-where near as intimidating as a phone interview. The pauses when they're writing things down makes me feel soo nervous. Then again, I must have impressed them, because I got that job .

Oh, fernie, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure if you've noticed (and I know this is the Topic of Great Randomness), but we usually try to make our posts a little longer, since DD Herself pays for the boards. Oh, and you might want to read Maskerade by Terry Pratchett regarding the overuse of exclaimation marks.

Comment

• it's too late for this...

Emi: Yep...I know my avatar isn't up. The link to where wf posted it online (she made it for me wayyy back in the day, like a month after I joined the forum) is on my bookmarks on my old laptop, which I haven't used to get on the internet in awhile. I'll fix it soon...hopefully. Hmm...haven't seen wf in about a year, it seems like; hope she's doing well!

I kind of can't think right now from the amount of sugar I ate today. Too many cookies at the cookie party. It was insane-my friend came over afterwards and looked at the table full of cookies and asked if we were crazy. Like...my entire dining room table, which seats 12 when it's all pulled out, was filled with cookies. Insanity.

I feel bad...it's really icy out tonight, and my friend still came over to watch a movie. I know he only lives two streets away, but still...icy. I'm always nervous whenever the weather is bad and people have to drive. At school my friends call me "Mom." P. (my friend) thinks it's ridiculous that I worry that much about my friends, but I just want to make sure they're ok and being safe, you know?

Well...technically it's Christmas Eve now. I haven't wrapped any presents yet...haven't even decided if I'm buying P. a present or not. I can't decide if it'd be appropriate...we're not actually dating...but we sort of are thought to be by, well, everyone including our parents, and...argh. Maybe I'll just go all joke gift on him and buy him one of those Star Wars plastic lightsabers, so that next time he challenges me to a duel he'll be able to defend himself (I have a lightsaber, blue plastic, Obi Wan Kenobi's, that I keep in my dorm room at school. Yes, I am a huge dork.)

Where'd the last semester go? Seriously, I've been at college for an entire semester already. I just don't understand why time is going so quickly. And winter break is almost half over...argh. I should just go to bed...

Comment

• Ugh...

it's eleven thirty where I am, stuck in California. I think I just dozed a few minutes ago too. I have to stay up, to win a bet with my friends. I told them that I could stay up for half the night until like, five thirty in the morning if I wanted too. I don't know why but they got upset and said that I was lying. So they made me a bet. If I could stay up until five-thirty, they would give me fifty bucks. If I lost I had to give them fifty bucks. I don't have the cash so I got to win.

I need hot chocolate...

*goes to go get hot chocolate*
                          "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                          "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                          "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                          "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwendi View Post
                            I feel sad for a few reasons, actually.
                            • I can play on the computer
                            Gwendi, if you want to play on the computer, come on over to http://www.gocrosscampus.com/. :-) It's online multiplayer Risk, basically: each player controls her own energy, and decides where to move it based on the Battle Plan of the commanders of each team. I'm commanding the Wookiees in "Star Wars: A New Game", and Tuttle is commanding the Center for Biological Diversity in the Tournament of Charities (or was, depend on whether we get knocked out before you read this :-) )
                            ----
                            Originally posted by seabiscuit1009 View Post
                            Emi: Yep...I know my avatar isn't up. The link to where wf posted it online (she made it for me wayyy back in the day, like a month after I joined the forum) is on my bookmarks on my old laptop
                            Seabiscuit, I went over to the old forums and grabbed the link to your avi. Should be all set here now.
                            ----
                            Originally posted by Glede View Post
                            I have to stay up, to win a bet with my friends. I told them that I could stay up for half the night until like, five thirty in the morning if I wanted too. I don't know why but they got upset and said that I was lying. So they made me a bet. If I could stay up until five-thirty, they would give me fifty bucks. If I lost I had to give them fifty bucks. I don't have the cash so I got to win.
                            Well? :-)
                            ----
                            Originally posted by alla View Post
                            There are quite a few people here that are Doctor Who fans, the 'Man at the Bar' topic used to be more of a Doctor fan club area. Maybe we should start a thread for it... maybe after Christmas, when the next ep comes out in the UK.
                            Heh. I was over on http://ihasatardis.livejournal.com/ recently (which, incidentally, is another place Diane is active (warning, "Utopia" spoiler)), and somebody had a picture of Tennant and Morrissey labeled "Proper Dave" and "Other Dave" :-) ("Spoilers.")
                            ----
                            Originally posted by kk View Post
                            • I got over a ton of old books from my grandfather's house! They're so amazingly awesome... and very, very old. In example, "The Raidioman's Guide, 1936." It's a good book...
                            Ooh. Anything suitable to scan in for Distributed Proofreaders? (Hey, I'm still the only member of the Young Wizards team -- how about a little help here? :-) )
                            Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 24, 2008, 11:57:35 AM. Reason: Added response to seabee, glede, alla
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• I love Christmas eve!!!!!!!!!!! Oops, too many exclamation points. Oh well. It's only six thirty here, but it feels a lot later. I can never sleep on Christmas Eve, so I'll probably be up until at least 3. But today I got presents from my aunts and uncles, and I got both The Once and Future King AND Dante's Inferno! I'm SO SO excited. I just read Paradise Lost and it was amazing and I read The Aeneid, and the Inferno is similar to both of them, so I'm really excited to read it, plus I love King Arthur and my friend said The Once and Future King is really good. I love books. I can't wait until tomorrow.
                              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                              I promise not to funfun anymore
                              Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Garrett Fitzgerald: I WON!!!! I stayed up till five thirty exactly! Then fell asleep very quickly and didn't wake up fully till like three in the afternoon. I was all like this when I got my hot chocolate though... So, I got my family presents with the money. I hope they love em. We're having Christmas tonight! Since tomorrow we got to wake up at six thirty and drive to Chico... It's gonna be awesome!

Cress: I love Christmas eve!!!!!!!!!!! Oops, too many exclamation points. Oh well. It's only six thirty here, but it feels a lot later. I can never sleep on Christmas Eve, so I'll probably be up until at least 3.
                                I can never sleep either! Even now, when I know the Santa secret. *shrugs* Well, what can I say. I'm nocturnal!
                                "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                                "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                                "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                                "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Working...
                                X