No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibby: Umm, blue and green. And possibly grey.

Gryphon: Ow! Don't kick me!

Lisa: What's a SN? Oh, a screen name. Right. Thanks.

And what I was going to say is:
    I hear they just cancelled Star Trek: Enterprise. In a different chat, not Chime, some of us were coming up with possible replacements.
    So, in no particular order but random (some of these are, um, "inspired" by other series and may not be too obvious):
    Star Trek: Teheran 6 A wholly original new series, not inspired by any other series, so don't even think it was. With Majel Barrett as the Emperor's Wife. D'oh!
    Star Trek: Revenge of the Tribbles Ok David (Gerrold), we're sorry - here, have _lots_ of royalties.
    Star Trek Survivor When in doubt, follow fashion.
    Star Trek: Romulus Equal time.
    Star Trek: The Next Degeneration
    Gates Trek Picard sells out. Starring Gates McFadden as an excuse for the name. Buy Windows XP today!
    Star Trek: Cargo Ship Experience the thrills and excitement of short loading! Wonder at the complexities of Ferengi cargo manifests! More exciting than Voyager!
    Star Trek: Enterprise Hey, so few of you watched it, we thought it was worth pretending it was a new series.
    Star Trek: Barrel Bottom Do we need to add anything?
    Star Trek: Enterprise 2.0 - now with one year free service contract
    Star Trek: Energizer "Keeps going on and on and on..."
    Star Trek Tight Costumes
    and its companion series, Star Trek: Explosions stick with what the fans like.
    Star Trek: Wars Oh, all right. Sorry Mr Lucas. Won't do it again .
    Star Trek: Battle of the Planets with a cute robot at the base.
    Star Trek: Planet Pufnstuf The strangest aliens ever in a Trek series.

I confused Alla above - David Gerrold was the writer who came up with tribbles for the original Star Trek series.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• It's not that I don't like guys or anything like that. . . I just have NO PATIENCE. And if they're stupid, I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THEM. and if they bore me, they go away. . . too bad a lot of things bore me. The last guy who liked me. . . I gave him a chance, because he was pretty cool. Then after a month of talking to him, I realized that he's a bit of an idiot. . . and I've told him so before, but he always gets hurt and goes "No I'm not" and I'm all like "Shut up, yes you are."

I swear, three things go around in his head

a) How great he is
      b) . . . let's use the dictionary phrasing. Intercourse.
      c) Blowing stuff up.

gods he's boring.

A boyfriend before grade nine is too young, I think. I mean, why pretend to be a teenager and rush the process? Being a teen really sucks. We get so much stereotyping by adults that we're bad and everything. . . It's horrible for people like me, who just want to be left in peace. Like I'll go in a store, and some salesperson will follow me around to make sure I don't steal anything. Why are "youth" always associated with negative things? I'm not a criminal- don't treat me like one. I don't sleep around with guys- don't treat me like a person that does. I don't mess around with drugs- Don't act like I do. They don't know me, they haven't any right to suddenly think I'm going to break a window or sleep with their son (really- I had an experience once where a mother tossed me out of her house. . .), I want to go to law school, I don't have time for stuff like that.

Boyfriends/Girlfriends are great, if they're the right people. Being a teen sucks because you get no respect.

Comment

• PM: An SN is a screen name, or your e-mail/instant message address.

Also, I want to add about my favorite colors: not bright purple, but a royal-ish color. And Not neon green, either, but a sort of grey-green forest type color.
        Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
        "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
        "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Working in groups has always been hard for me, especially now that I'm in honors classes and I don't have any friends in any of my classes. The teahers rarely notice when I do all the work, but somehow my stupid english teacher (who gave us another major project) realized I was just letting my group figure things out for themselves because I couldn't stand their incompetence. (I mean, really, we're in an honors class and the girl who's taking charge of the group doesn't even know what we're doing-literally!) Our whole group got in trouble, but we ended up with an A.
            Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
            "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

• I didn't know you liked Star Trek Gibby. Good for you.

Yes...Cancelled...evil rats at Paramount, Viacom, and other related companies...first time without new Star Trek in 18 years.

If there is anyone who cares, go to www.saveenterprise.com or www.enterpriseproject.org for information about trying to save the show.

Other Possible Spinoffs

Star Trek: Shattered Universe (Show about the Terran Empire in the Mirror Universe)
              Star Trek: Temporal Agents
              Star Trek Idol
              Who Wants to Marry a Starfleet Captain
              CSI: Vulcan
              America's Next Top Borg Drone
              CSI: Romulus
              Everybody Loves Neilix
              CSI: Ferenginar
              CSI: Cardassia
              CSI: Babel
              CSI: Jupiter Station
              Desperate Androids
              The Warp Engineering Aprentice
              "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!

Comment

• AS:
                  Prob'ly purplish pinkish...and sapphire blue.
                  *feels suffocated* XD

Several thoughts on my mine.

I scanned the headlines and saw one that commented on this year's half time being boring. *eye roll* XD I never saw it, but I might wonder what they're comparing it to.

Bush wants to cut spending on education and environment funding. How predictable, and that's exactly where we're hurting the most, or in education at least.

Today while riding home from school, I saw a mom walking down the sidewalk, holding hands with her daughter (who looked about 5 years old... but then, I'm not a very good judge of ages). The little girl was wearing a big coat even though it's not that cold. Or at least for me, but hey, I'm the person who sticks her finger in the snow until it starts to feel really cold. It just doesn't bother me. I thought, "I hope her coat isn't taken off of her before she's old enough to understand the cold." Funny how half my thoughts can't be taken literally...

*sigh*

Math. XD We're doing all of these 'if - then's. It's not new for me, but it'll be on the final. I walked into lunch, thinking:
                  "If these lunchables are so gross, then I shouldn't eat them."
                  L came in and said she was thinking in if's, then's too. XD

Lunchables, btw, are a load of processed crap. Pre-made lunches.

In groups, I:
                  a) do everything
                  b) do nothing
                  or c) the group is divided so everyone gets exactly equal parts

And nothing inbetween. Well, no, for rewriting bits of R + J into our own poems, I did half, J did half, and no one else did anything. 'Cept for sit there and complain about this work they had to do.
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Aurora:
                    Boyfriends/Girlfriends are great, if they're the right people. Being a teen sucks because you get no respect.
                    I was skimming to catch up (again) in the togr and I ran across this. It gave me pause. It certainly gave enought incentive to read the whole post. It makes me happy to know that I'm not alone in my thoughts. Somebody else thinks that having a b/g friend isn't the only purpose to high school life. Meh, and I just thought that it was because I couldn't get one that I thought that way...

And it's true too, about being a teen. Especially being a black teen. If I ever chose to wear something really urban-looking into DC, I'm sure someone would've been on me in an hour. Luckily for me (I guess) I hardly ever do. I'm fairly content to walk around with Dockers and a decent shirt on. Parents these days have been pumped so full of propaganda that teens are all worst-case scenarios (except, of course, their teen, which they must save from turning into one of us) That they forget that being a teen isn't a choice, it's spending 13 to 19 years on planet Earth.

Law school? Sounds cool. My mom was a lawyer, she went to University of Michigan for law school. Good luck. Don't fail the Bar!

Meh, all in all it's not worth it to derail your life for a crush...

Oh, c'mon Gryph, everybody knows what lunchables are! They're a packaged lunch dynasty!

We're gonna have a talk w/ our college counselors soon during history...I really hope I can go somewhere good...Or, failing that, I hope I can make the amdmissions directors miserable for the rest of their lives if they reject me...

~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• Dude, I like what Aurie's last paragraph in her post said. It really made sense.
                      Gryph doesn't know what lunchables are? interesting...but they're gross so whatever.

WARNING THIS IS A RANT THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!
                      Ah Sharky, so true. Being a black kid in MN, (We're pretty scarce but not as bad as Canada.) Anyways...you have to own something from a designer 'rocawear, baby phat' talk slang or do something else like that to be noticed. It really sucks, I just be who I am and get ignored. And then I'm surrounded by stupid people who are all like "oh my god are you like chealsea?" (chealsea is a philippino girl at my school and we have the same skin color because i'm so frickin light.
                      I think it's so ******** when people say you look alike with another person just because your skin color matches. Of course when I really get annoyed I'll go "oh my god are you like chris?!" or some other person like them.)
                      I wore a button that said "ethio pride" (i'm ethiopian.)
                      And my science teacher was like
                      "take it off! if someone had a t-shirt that said white pride they'd be down at the office!"
                      I ignored him. He's so stupid. He should meet my cousin...*plans...muhahahaha* I hate it when people are like that.
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I haven't been a teenager for long (almost 3 months) but I agree: being a teen can really stink. All the teachers at my school ever talk about is "When I was your age..." or "Being a teen means you'll have more responsibilty" or they'll keep pressing and pressing on us to not do drugs, don't do this, don't do that. Why do they stop giving the "don't bully" speeches in middle school? It seems like they expect us to do something wrong! The people that give teens a bad image are the ones I have to ignore. In my school, there's not a problem with drugs or anything like that. the only real problem is the bullys, at least for me and my friends.

Comment

• Actually they did give "don't bully" talks at my school. But they were so stupid, the bullies just turned around after class and punched whoever again right in the face.So it doesn't really work...
                          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• The worst part about being a teen is my mom. She thinks I'm the one to blame for everything, just because I'm 13 and "moody". If I even begin to disagree with her opinion, or, say, her decision to let my sister sleep in my room tonight (grrrrr) she says something like "I'm not going to have you be all moody and rebellious because you're a teen. If you're going to act like that then you don't deserve to go to the dance." It's so infuriating, especially when it's not my fault.

Comment

• I'm not rebellious and moody, am I?

No, of couse not. I've actually never had to struggle with teen stereotypes, or maybe it's that I never notice. But yeah, I'm very rebellious and very moody. People here can tell you about the second.

Sharky:
                              I was skimming to catch up (again) in the togr and I ran across this. It gave me pause. It certainly gave enought incentive to read the whole post. It makes me happy to know that I'm not alone in my thoughts. Somebody else thinks that having a b/g friend isn't the only purpose to high school life. Meh, and I just thought that it was because I couldn't get one that I thought that way...
                              XD We all agree, then.

Ahhhh, I suddenly have a time limit to finish this post. Z, YES I DO KNOW WHAT A LUNCHABLE IS OTHERWISE I WOULDN'T BE EATING THEM. XD What a bunch of capped letters... wasn't screaming, I was caps locked.

*huggles Z & sharky*

I love it when the 60 + year old substitutes fail to give us work because they talk about, "when I was your age..." Also,

okay, time's run out.
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Working...
                                X