The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *shudder* Eeek. Giggly.

I had shadowed at his school like, a while ago, but I had totally accepted the fact that I probably wouldn't see him again, but then, one day, I was preparing for a duet with one of my friends at KMEA: Kentucky Music E(something) Association when lo and behold! There he was! I mean, I knew he played clarinet, but WOW! It was weird!

Oh yeah, and we got a distinguished (the highest) rating on our duet! *clappies*

Right...

Time for your PotO scene of the day!

MASQUERADE SCENE: PART 1

FIRMIN: Monsieur Andre!
    ANDRE: Monsieur Firmin!
    FIRMIN: Dear Andre, what a splendid party!
    ANDRE: The prelude to a bright new year
    FIRMIN: What a night!
    ANDRE: I'm impressed!
    FIRMIN: When one does one's best!
    BOTH: Here's to us! The toast of all the city. What a pity that the Phantom can't be here!
    *photo op/Vogue*

Thank-you. That's all. Sorry 'bout that. Had to get it out of me.

Comment

• I've listened to the Fruits Basket Opening Theme song like 20 times and I still haven't memorized it! (It's in Japanese,) I think this is the longest time I haven't posted in the TOGR. (Like 8 pages, impressive for me!!!)
      At lunch one of my friends made up a song called "My Clemintine" (which says the title over and over and over.) Since I sit with the choir geeks we all harmonized it and made it sound really pretty. ^-^ funny huh? Okay maybe not but it was at the time.
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *sneaks in*
        I'm supposed to be turning off the comp...just had a big lecture about violent video games just b/c of my best star wars game, Jedi Outcast...my mom is weird sometimes, but at least this time we aren't fighting. I have to go but I just wanted to read up on this and make a short post.

BTW, Sharky makes me giggly

*Huggles all*
        ~Rachel

Comment

• Zgirl, your friends sound almost as insane as mine, and that's saying something! Weird...clementines.

There are several boys I get "giggly" around. Page knows two of them...but not the third. hehehe. Anyway, they're really popular, and they didn't even notice me when I sang a solo in the school play. Or, at least, I don't think they did. (Although, one of them knows I like him...I've had a major crush on him since third grade, and it got out somehow.) They're WAAYY out of my league.

Yep, I'm happy today.

I just saw Ladder 49, the movie, and oh my gosh it was so good. (spoiler) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I cried for like, ten minutes straight; from when he knew he was going to die, until after the movie went off. It's so good.</span> Yeah, my mom's from Baltimore and that's where they filmed it so...yeah. That's why we watched it.

Second song in my ff.net story-thing up. Just in case you wanted to know.
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• <span class="ev_code_PINK">Dai, it's been a long time!</span> Say hi to me sometime please! I've been soooo busy and now I'm finally on for once! So give me a shout in this forum!
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein
            "Dreaming is the first step, doing is the second."
            "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Kelller
            I am very evil...Mua,ha,ha,ha!

Comment

• Dai all!
              i'm new on here, and want to know what're the big topics. also, are there shippers here? or does nobody care?
              thx.

P.S. is there a way i can get a signature?

Comment

• Life is awesome.

Yesterday in math class, K drew a big K on my homework and started to shade it in. He asked, "What am I spelling?" and I said, "K[...]" "Nooo."

The next letter was E. KE. Heh, Kinetic Energy.

Yesterday we did break falls, a little bit of kata, line drills, and a little bit of knocking each other over. Woo, fun.

Z, my one friend is trying to memorize a few Japanese songs too... I think you're both insane. XD

You got a fight over violent video games? What game isn't/[can't be]!? Even Zoo Tycoon can be if your animals escape. Heh.

Mmm... clementines.

Sportz:
                Dai, it's been a long time! Say hi to me sometime please! I've been soooo busy and now I'm finally on for once! So give me a shout in this forum!
                AHHH *Big huggles!* I haven't seen you in forever. I just missed you in the chat.

Heyyy, welcome, Brennick. I'm Gryphon, and you can call me Gryph. I'll answer your question and get to breifing the guidelines later.

You can get a signature by click go (it's by a compass symbol), My Space, and then My Profile. While you're at your profile page, click 'Edit Profile" and scroll down. You should be able to click something below and select one of the forum's ones. How to get your own is more complicated.

Short posts aren't allowed; they cost DD money without getting enough done. Also, watch your caps, spelling, all of that. No chat speech, please. Kli has a link to the newbie help in her signature. It'll be one of the forums.

You don't have to read all of the TOGR. In fact, I'd be shocked if you did...

Heh, in Geo, TCL mentioned that only one person got a 100 and that she was shocked that some people scored low (lowest being a C; I'd be stunned if anyone got lower in one of her clases ). Everyone was convinced it was me (except for me). People assume that I get perfect. Makes me feel good, but I wish I could score perfect.

Today in math, K wrote, "Do you (heart) me?" and I wrote, "I (heart) KE." By the way, this is the crowd who uses "I love/heart you" like we use "*huggles*". Also, K parades "hugs, not drugs" around the school.

[ADDS:]

Woops, Bennick. I was thinking about something else when I replied to your post. I actually told you how to get an avatar. No, the forum doesn't have preset avatars. Instead, you go to the same bit and type in what you want your signature to be. No more than four lines, enters included.

Related chat excerpt:
                Peter Murray Heh. Gryphon posted on automatic. She said Brennick can get one of the forum's own signatures, but getting your own is more complicated .
                Gryphon woops
                Gryphon i was thinking avatar!
                Gryphon heh
                Gryphon lemme go fix that
                Peter Murray I know .
                Gryphon edited
                Gryphon hehe
                Peter Murray I decided to be tactful and let you edit it .
                Peter Murray I've already moved a topic today .
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hello Brennick and sportzgr101. I've never seen either of you before...so Hi!!!

Oh Gryph, nice avatar. I thought it was six lines for a siggy? Oh well. I'll change mine soon anyway.

Gr. I don't have an A in english. That's not good. (I'm a perfectionist...I've gotten used to low-ish grades in math, but english is unacceptable).

I had a writing SOL (standardized test--stands for Standards of Learning) today, and yesterday I had a reading/editing one. I was first to finish both.

You know the pencils they make you use during standardized tests? They have really awful erasers, and I'm so glad they let me use my own pencil for the writing test, because I'm sure I got one question "wrong" (stupid scantron sheets) because the eraser messed it up.
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Oooh, that's harsh. Hiya happy people that I don't know. I'm a green mitten. Actually, I don't know if most people here know that. Huh. Generally I think sigs should be kept to what needs to be said. For example, I could add about twelve more lines to mine, but I had to get it down to the essentials. Yup, this is my meaning of life people, all contained in a three line signature. Ok, the sorry part isn't my meaning of life, I just feel I can't apologize enough for that. I felt horrible for like a week. I'm getting off topic. Is that a surprise? I'm feeling REALLY hyper right now, because I have no homework, plus we have Friday off, plus swimming is over so I can just hang out tomorrow, plus I have choir tomorrow which is always uber fun. I LOVE the word uber. My taiko teacher kept using the words ober and swell one night, so I suggested that she make a new word for herself-uberswell! Hehe, making up words is fun. Yeah, I'm really getting off topic here. Ta!
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Reminder to self: Depression is bad for me and academic performance.

--''

I just got back stuff I wrote and stuff when I was sad, lonely and didn't care. . . My English mark just plummeted six percent, and my chem test was pretty shabby. --'' argh.

Comment

• AUGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!!!!!

Bad moderator!! Bad bad bad!!!!!

Lovey, apologies. I meant to reply to your post, and I deleted it instead!

My only excuse is that I'm on hour 9 of my day at work....

If you want to repost, feel free. I was just trying to give you a gentle hint that 1) posting just to bump your karma points or see your title move upwards is not-good, and that 2), you might want to link to a site with song lyrics, rather than posting them in full here, both for copyright and bandwidth reasons.

I'm so sorry!!!

This is SO not my day.... [thunks face against desk]

[edited to remove link, thanks, Gryph!!] See? NOT my day....
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Hey, uhh, don't click Kli's link. I clicked it and got a virus warning. Trojan. The antivirus says I cannot repair the file and that it's called "downloader.trojan".
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Hasn't posted in forever, and isn't going to try to catch up*
                            Plus my compy died yesterday and lost my togr post. All I can remember of it is the ellipses wars copied from Chime. Hehe..what happens when me and Sharky get bored in chat...

wildflower44 ...
                            sharklord '...' ...
                            wildflower44 "'...'..."...
                            sharklord '"'...'..."...' ...
                            wildflower44 "'"'...'..."...' ..."...
                            sharklord '"'"'...' ..." ...' ..." ...' ...?
                            wildflower44 "'"'"'...' ..." ...' ..." ...' ...?"...!

Lovey:
                            Hilo!!!! Am I a member yet?!?!? I must know!!! ARGH!

Anywho...nothing much to say...HEY! I KNOW!!!!

I am going to tell you what Angel got on her history test! She got a 97%, and I got a 93%. My predicitions were correct! *maniacal laughter* Evil Laugh

I left my official PotO original screenplay at school today, so, to ensure opreatic (*snort*) accuracy, there will not be a PotO scene of the day. Today, there will be a song of the day!

Today's song:

Eres Tu (Touch the Wind)-Mocedades

[I]Como una promesa, eres tu, eres tu
                            Como una manana de verano
                            Como una sonrisa, eres tu, eres tu
                            Asi, asi, eres tu.

Toda mi esperanza, eres tu, eres tu
                            Como lluvia fresca en mis manos
                            como fuerte brisa, eres tu, eres tu
                            Asi, asi, eres tu

Eres tu como el agua de mi fuente
                            (Algo asi eres tu)
                            Eres tu el fuego de mi hogar
                            Eres tu como el fuego de mi hoguera
                            Eres tu el trigo de mi pan

Como mi poema, eres tu, eres tu
                            Como una guitarra en la noche
                            todo mi horizonte eres tu, eres tu
                            Asi, asi, eres tu

Eres tu como el agua de mi fuente
                            (Algo asi eres tu)
                            Eres tu el fuego de mi hogar
                            Eres tu como el fuego de mi hoguera
                            Eres tu el trigo de mi pan

Eres tu...[I]

You may, like an aquaintance of mine, be saying, "For all you know, you could be saying, 'Dogs are cool." BUT WAIT!!! I have the translation:

I woke up this morning and my mind fell away
                            And looking back sadly from tomorrow
                            As I heard an echo from the past softly say
                            Come back, come back, won't you stay
                            I wanted to reach you, let you know I still care
                            And lost in the silence of my sorrow
                            I put a promise in the wind, on the air
                            To fly away to you there

Touch the wind
                            Catch my love as it goes sailing
                            Touch the wind and I'll be close to you
                            I'll be easy to find
                            On the winds of the morning I'll come sailing
                            I'll be easy to find
                            And, baby, I'll be close to you

And only forever can I say I love you
                            And only forever have I lost you
                            But only a dreamer could wake up
                            As I do and hope it's still yesterday

Touch the wind. Catch my love as it goes sailing
                            Touch the wind and I'll be close to you
                            I'll be easy to find
                            on the winds of the morning I'll come sailing
                            I'll be easy to find
                            and, baby, I'll be close to you

Touch the wind

Nice, huh...*swoon*
                            is the accidentally deleted post, btw. Back buttons + copy-paste are Good Things...

I was going to say SOMETHING, I know I was...*hits compy*
                            Can't remember. Besides, there are ten billion pages I've read but not replied to, and I'm not going to go back and find my last post and reply from that...

Adds: Oh, and Foundation of the Week is very close to becoming Foundation of the Month, if it isn't already. But I want to keep the Throw Things At Chime Foundation. It does let me in in Netscape, and it lets me in instantly (Whens the last time THAT'S happened? It should be the Throw Things At Wf's Web Browsers Foundation), but I can't scroll. Same in Firefox, which let me in too FINALLY, but Firefox only let me in once (with no scrolling...) and now it won't let me in again, or at least I haven't tried after it started going on and off. IE lets me scroll, but it still takes me 15 minutes to get in with Show Recent History being clicked every few minutes in the multiple windows. MEH. *Kicks compy*

Comment

• Thank you, wildflower!!!! You are the best!

I swear. You guys need to mod me, not the other way 'round.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *backs away from Lovey* Giggly most definitely doesn't describe her... It's quite scary. Phantom of the Opera! *screams* I think she's memorized the whole thing word for word. Eep. What predictions? *is lost*

I need to go to bed. *snore* I've been out of it all day. *leaves yawning*
                                <3
                                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                                X