No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! It's snowing here! If it snows enough, school will be closed, and that would rock, because we had Monday and Tuesday off for teacher workdays, and I stayed home "sick" today! I really hope school is canceled!
    Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
    "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
    "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Earwen: I'm sure that Lee's email address must be around here somewhere! It can't really be a secret, can it?

LORT? Lord of Red Towers? Land of Risible Trolls? Laser on Radical Tank?

I like typos, you can have fun with them.

Snow? We had snow on two days this year, and it was all gone within an hour or so the first day, and by the next morning the next day. Oh well.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Snow? SNOW? hehe have a look at this. Can you beat that?! Grrr... everywhere south of us got some sort of interesting storm two nights ago, and what did Brisbane get? A timid RAIN SHOWER!!! Ok, I know I shouldn't want some destructive storm, but we haven't had any this season!!!

*sigh* I am bored.

Alla

Comment

• Ooh alla we're studying Austrailia in school. Lots of sheep and cows, that's all I remember.
          Hmm I haven't posted for two pages, that's gotta be a record for me.

I was singing all today for this business meeting and then for a class at our school since I'm in our schools Jazz Choir, (we're getting paid now to sing! It's so exciting!!!)
          So my feet and voice hurt from standing up and singing.
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Polie:
            I have to go, but hopefully I can post more later... Oh yea and I like you picture a lot, Gryph!!!
            *huggles*

I just now noticed that the dragon's scales (spikes) reverse direction on his tail. Ah well, they're easier to draw in that direction, anyway.

I was so pissed that I was reading the newspaper with a highlighter, coloring over facts about the Union Address. Even with the truth separate from the bias, I was still mad. RAHH. I've been reading Yahoo's news stories a lot, and I'm glad to have another source to go to when mine starts to get biased. Meh.

Groundhogs day is, well, a thing? Groundhog supposedly comes out of its hole, and if it sees its shadow, we get/don't get so many more weeks of winter. If it doesn't, we get/don't get so many more weeks of winter. It would be great if we could get off for this.

I've started a stash of quotes from people that make me feel great. One is from Belial along the lines of "I hate you and I hope you die," and it makes me smile. All the rest of positive, of course. I don't hate anyone like I hate Belial.

I have a test tomorrow on probability and I am dead. Not even PM could help me. So I brought home my math book.

It's not the easy stuff like, "A coin is flipped. What's the chance of it being heads?" or even, "A coin is flipped six times. What's the chance of all six landing as heads?" It's a lot like, "You have 60 coins that are all flipped, but there is 78.32897532 of it being heads because it's been messed up. What's the chance for it to land tails at least 15 times?" taken really far, stretched, and twisted in knots. Not all of it is coin flipping either. S'a lot of stuff.

Heh, Cinnamon loves to crawl under things and fall asleep. He slid underneath a blanket that was folded on top of a couch, fell asleep, and then Sparkle came over. She crawled on top and curled up, also, with Cinnamon underneath. It was cute (and funny -- Cinnamon didn't come out until Sparkle started licking herself).

Uncle Gibbisho:
            I find that a little shocking due to the nature of the topic.
            As if a random topic can have predictable trends! *huggles* You can lift those grades! I don't know if it'll work for you, but when I just can't memorize, sometimes notecards help to brand a few extra facts on my brain.

PM Who Must be Nitpicked:
            I like typos PERIOD HERE. NEW SENTENCE HERE You can have fun with them.

*huggles all* Because no one did, and it's so tempting [adds extra *huggles*; might not see Gryphon again]...

KAT
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• The snow isn't being nice! It's been snowing for about five or six hours but there is absolutely no accumulation! Nothing! Grr...not fair. Oh well.

Zgirl, you get paid for being in chorus? So lucky.
              Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
              "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zgirl:
                Ooh alla we're studying Austrailia in school. Lots of sheep and cows, that's all I remember.
                There's soo much more to us than that! SHEEP!! AHHH... don't mention sheep. New Zealanders are meant to be the sheep lovers, but never mention the fact that Australia has more sheep per capita than they do... If you want to know anything from an Aussie's point of view, just ask away! Don't forget that we ride around on Kangaroos.

Uh, if its February 2, how can there be six more weeks of winter/six more weeks til spring? Your spring starts on the first of March, doesn't it?

Update on how much snow Australia got: 40 whole centimetres!!! Thats (according to PM and for all you Americans out there) 16 inches!!! We're getting some really strange weather at the moment.

Alla

Comment

• Ahahaha, help me...

sharklord Chime-breaker! *points*
                  Gryphon it doesn't happen in the second you're accepted
                  sharklord is Online
                  frostykitten_13 i killed what>
                  frostykitten_13 i killed what?
                  Gryphon you kille chime!
                  Gryphon the chat!
                  Gryphon you made so many "..." s in a row that it stretched it to bursting point
                  frostykitten_13 i sry, *sniff* i'll leave
                  Gryphon shamme
                  Gryphon
                  Gryphon naw, don't go
                  Gryphon *huggles*
                  frostykitten_13 is Online
                  frostykitten_13 :P back
                  frostykitten_13
                  alla
                  Gryphon you never left...
                  frostykitten_13 it's fixed for me now, yah i did leave, but only for a sec
                  frostykitten_13
                  Gryphon you don't leave unless you click 'close'
                  Gryphon so no you didn't
                  frostykitten_13 the x in the top corner?
                  Gryphon don't click the X!
                  Gryphon the x won't work
                  sharklord click it! everybody's doing it...
                  alla huh?
                  frostykitten_13 but i always click the x, am i always here?
                  alla .....
                  sharklord *headclutch*
                  alla ..................
                  alla ...........................................
                  alla
                  Gryphon *sobs*
                  sharklord My psudeo peer pressure...thing went unnoticed.
                  Gryphon frosty, don't click the x, click 'close'
                  Gryphon if you click the x, you stay on the member list and in the chat for ten or so minutes
                  alla i usually close the window....
                  Gryphon and no one knows that you left
                  Gryphon alla, click 'close!'
                  alla ahhh
                  Gryphon not the x...
                  frostykitten_13 oh! i always log out the wrong way....
                  alla no i don't click the x next to close...
                  Gryphon yeah.
                  Gryphon don't clikc any of the x's!
                  alla i click the x on the window to actually close the window
                  frostykitten_13 ok
                  Gryphon the one in the upper right hand corner is the wrong one!!!
                  frostykitten_13 that's what i do too
                  Gryphon alla, that's the one i'm talking about
                  alla they're both in the upper right hand corner
                  Gryphon the x by close doesn't do anything at all
                  Gryphon XD
                  Gryphon *vents*
                  Gryphon RAHHH
                  Gryphon ahahaha...
                  alla is Online
                  alla yes it does...
                  frostykitten_13 so we're all right!
                  Gryphon i need to go to karate and punch stuff hard
                  Gryphon no you're NOT
                  Gryphon YOU STAY IN CHAT EVEN AFTER YOU'RE GONE
                  sharklord quiet, gryphon, you're scaring them!
                  frostykitten_13 *hides*
                  alla
                  frostykitten_13 soo mant new concepts.......... brain going to explode
                  frostykitten_13 *many
                  Gryphon there is only ONE concept
                  alla gryph doe'nt scare me..
                  Gryphon and that is: do not click X, click CLOSE!!!!!
                  frostykitten_13 she's angry at me
                  sharklord ahh, don't worry. Angry Skitties aren't that dangerous.
                  frostykitten_13 lol
                  Gryphon I AM NOT A SKITTY!!!!!!
                  Gryphon AHHHHHHHHH
                  frostykitten_13 i'm sry i don't log out of chat right Gryphon
                  frostykitten_13 *offers her catnip to gryphon*
                  frostykitten_13 *meow*
                  Gryphon YOU'RE TRYING TO DRUG ME!!!1
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Alla, according to my LOTR movie calendar, the 1st day of spring is March 20. I have so many LOTR things in my room...

Comment

• Gryph: The chat excerpt...*Dies from the funny* Wish I could've been there. Chime hasn't let me in all month! And part of last month... (Okay, so it hasn't let me in for four days.) Next time anyone's in chat, stab it for me please...

People with snow: *Is deviod of snow* *Wants snow a lot...*

Lisa: Yay! I'm reading The Book of Night with Moon now, FINALLY. My library has never had it, still doesn't have it, and probably won't ever get it. I got it off eBay.

Gryph again: I love your piccy! Wish I had a scanner...my Roshaun piccy's turning out half-decent. *Tacks to wall*

It's Thursday again! Already! Maybe I should have a Foundation of Two Weeks, the way this is going I'm posting about once a week.

*Is still on page 280 of togr...hasn't read any for a while...*

AAAAHHHH. *Stabs Chat from the outside* I've had the little window up for about a half-hour now. *Closes and re-opens for the hundred billionth time, only to wait another half-hour and do the same thing again* I didn't even do ANYTHING. Except change a single setting for QuickTime (Which is still working fine, unlike Chime)...*Fiddles with IE's Java settings* *Keels Firefox and Netscape's Java settings, which seem to be nonexistant*
                      Argh.

(Edits) Oh no...How to Avoid a Baby Penguin Attack

Comment

• Thursday? 'I never could quite get the hang of Thursdays.'

Muahahaha! I'm watching Starsky and Hutch - the newer one. Its just started, so this post isn't going to be very long. OOHHH the stripy red tomato!

Anyways... Its hot outside. I just walked to the shop and now I'm going to go and sit in front of the aircon.

Alla

Comment

• The Gryphon nitpicked:
                          PM Who Must be Nitpicked:
                          I like typos PERIOD HERE. NEW SENTENCE HERE You can have fun with them.
                          No, no. It's one of Santa's assistants, you know, a subordinate clause. The second clause reinforces the meaning of the first clause, in this case by explaining it.

Nyah.

Wildflower: I'm reading How To Avoid France, as that's potentially a serious risk around here.

Gryphon again: Here's another comment about the first amendment survey, this time by writer David Gerrold.
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• frostykitten_13 soo mant new concepts.......... brain going to explode
                            your head a splode<-- w00t homestar

Comment

• Hey Gryphon, I apolgiesd... don't be nasty and call me Kat. Even Earwig is better than Kat!

*bashes Poot with hardback copy of LOTR for such a short post*

PM - LORT stands for Lord of Rings The. Don't tell me you've never heard of it...

Comment

• Come on you guys! Please look at this website!

http://catfishdesign.ca/books
                                "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
                                "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

Working...
                                X