The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peter Murray:

Poliester: Did you know that, although it got changed a lot from their original script, the TNG episode "Where No One Has Gone Before" was a script by DD and Michael Reaves? (Quote from DD's article about writing it: "All we know for sure is that, in the shooting script for the episode, only two elements of our original (besides the general idea) remain".)
    WOW REALLY?! Cool... Yea okay...

WF: You can't see my avie? Huh... Weird... I can't see mine either on the computer at school...

Polie
    From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• For chem... well, yeah, me. I'll just start at the beginning, and then I'll probably make more sense. Today I had four tests/quizes. Fun, fun. I'm pretty sure I did great on my math test, but there was one I was unsure about. We never did it in class, just looked at it in the text once. Have no way of knowing if what I did is right or not, but ah well. Next test was part two of the history one. It's a long essay question, essay length, complete with five paragraphs. I chose to write about deforestation. Then I went to lunch with my chem text book and flipped through the pages. Over lunch was my chem test, and I had studied a little for it. Converting an element name to its symbol or the opposite. So I flipped to page 84, which was what I thought the test was based off of. Turned out to be a list of elements in a column with their percentage of whatever based off of what part of the crust they make up. I gaped at it for a few minutes, and then thought, "I studied the wrong thing..." So all of lunch period I spent memorizing them. Now I can rattle off the nine most abundant elements in the earth's crust and their percentage. For nothing. I was right the first time; I got confused because she said, "first column out of two, page..." yesterday I knew she said 87, but for some reason, at lunch, I had 84 in my mind. Both had a table with two columns. XD Geo test went great. I can ID a lot of minerals from that class, but I hope we won't stay on this all semester. Yeah, peeling muscovite mica is fun, and all that, but...

Hey, Gibby, I watch Lost too. XD And so does Kli. I'm surprised that more people here don't also.

Half Life 2 rocks. Just... if you can, get an awesome graphics card for it. The detail is spectacular. In one bit, we were walking along the underside of a bridge (not upside-down; it had railings and walkways) with the wind and the sky and the water... (in the way that you say, "the person with the hair," simply leaving hair as hair), firing with your rocket launcher at a (air)ship. This game... well, there's a lot to explain about it (and a lot of '...'s involved in my post). I think the government wants to keep their research and the negatives about their research secret, and the main character is actually a scientist working with other scientists. Aliens from another dimension. All of that. And as a first person shooter.

Golden sun is good, but I'm stuck, and all of the guides won't help. I think I messed up somewhere, but I don't really mind; haven't played that game for years.

I don't like first person games unless they're fps, like MP and HL.

I have Mr. Brightside stuck in my head. I don't like that song.

Printed up 3 pages (front and back) of VGDawn.

[adds:]
      To prove I can

OSiAlFeCaNaKMgH

49.2 Oxygen
      25.7 Silicon
      7.50 Aluminum
      4.71 Iron
      3.39 Calcium
      2.63 Sodium
      2.40 Potassium
      1.93 Magnesium
      0.87 Hydrogen

(the half of the column that I studied)
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• LLAMA!!!!
        Sorry, I just thought I'd add something to this wonderful place and since I have absolutly no clue what your talking about I thought I'd add LLAMA!
        "We pray for our sorrows to end,
        and hope that our hearts will blend.
        Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
        And who knows:
        starting a new journey may not be so hard
        or maybe it has already begun.
        There are many worlds,
        but they

Comment

• Hey everyone, I've been gone for awhile and I thank you for not posting so much. Only 1 1/2 pages of ToGR and a few other topics to deal with is alot less than normal.

I went on a band trip for a few days and have come back sufficiently exhausted. I'll try to sum up what happened. My group ended up with the biggest cabin (the trip was to a resort several hours north of Toronto) which was nice. We did clinics, practices, and listened to other people play. This morning we performed for others and the accustics in the room we were playing in were perfect and made my solo sound excellent *trumpet players have massive egos*. Also during the trip we went skiing, snow-tubing, and did a whole bunch of other fun stuff.

I thought up the idea for this song just a moment ago.

(to be sung to the tune of BINGO)
          Oh, the Young Wizards forums had a cat,
          and Skitty was her name-ee
          S-k-i-t-t-y
          S-k-i-t-t-y
          S-k-i-t-t-y, and Skitty was her name-ee

Can I get another copy of LotR, Kat
          "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• I knew Gryph way back when she still went by Skitty. She didn't start going by Gryph until after WA, hehe. It took me a long time to figure out that Gryph and Skitty were the same...
            ~Rachel

Comment

• I'm so exhausted. It's 10:30 p.m. here and I've been at school for...12 1/2 hours today because my girl scout troop was hosting a Valentine's day dance for other girl scouts. It was tiring. My younger sister was there too, and she has to go snowtubing at 6 am tomorrow morning. *laughes at all the stupid people who are only getting six hours of sleep* I'm glad I don't like snowtubing.
              Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
              "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
              "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Heyy all,

Ugh, havent been onto YW this past week. I have ONE reason and ONE reason only. The famous reason is... DADADADUUUUHHH
                HOMEWORKHOMEWORKHOMEWORK, REASEARCHPAPERSANDTESTS, HOMEWORKHOMEWORKHOMEWORK, REASEARCHPAPERSANDTESTS
                HOMEWORKHOMEWORKHOMEWORK, REASEARCHPAPERSANDTESTS,
                HOMEWORKHOMEWORKHOMEWORKHOMEWORK,
                REASEARCHPAPERSANDTESTS!

As you can see,I have finally cracked a second time in this stress of school catagory...
                Just for the reccord, I know Gryph as Gryph, weather she used to be called Skitty or not. Whichever name you wish to be called by, Ill call you by that.
                Gonna go, couldnt be any more tiered from this weeks...

HOMEWORKHOMEWORK... oh never mind...

----------------------------------------------
                Member of the DDFQOTW foundation...
                Forever and Always

Comment

• I'd rather be saying B-I-N-G-O. Skitty has too many letters. G-R-Y-P-H fits perfectly.

Oh, the Young Wizards forums had a cat,
                  and Gryphon was her name
                  G-R-Y-P-H
                  G-R-Y-P-H
                  G-R-Y-P-H

Everyone thought of me as Gryph when I changed, anyway. Or at least as an insane black and white cat with green eyes.

Call me Gryph, please.

Read all of Smuggling the Star, and now I can post.
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                    The chat won't let me in...*cries* It's so annoying! I wonder what's wrong with it?!? Gah!

Anyhow, I am at work once again, and this time I will actually have a good lunch! The Caf had cake muffins AND cookies this morning so I snitched some for lunch I just wish I could have some milk too...oh well. I brought some homework with me, but I prolly won't do any of it, hehe. *goes to play neopets*
                    ~Rachel

Comment

• Kay GRYPH...
                      HEHE... Hope you're happy, vgdawn is a little too fantasy for me... But a good friend of mine is now exstatic about it... Shes not on YW because her mom wont let get go on boards like this... But she just sent in her application a little while ago... Like at 1:00 last night, she called me on my cell screaming in my ear.., "I APPLIED TO VGDAWWWWN" I was like, "Girl... Call me tomorow PLEASE..." Anyways... Hope you accept her... She told me to ask the admin person to do that... I wrote down her "account" its like Selcine or something... Anyways... Hope you like her Application... shes a pretty decent writer, at least i think so... ANYWHOO...
                      THANKS FOR READING!

----------------------------------------------
                      Member of the DDFQOTW foundation
                      Forever and Always
                      Nella

Comment

• One time, I tried to join VGDawn but it never sent me my password!!!!!!
                        Dai stiho cousins
                        ~~~Ezra

Comment

• Yes I like Gryph's version of bingo better. I used to hate the name gryphon because I couldn't spell it...but now I'm okay.

My mom just made me take the ACT's this morning. And I'm not even 13!!!! They were pretty easy though. I haven't started trigonomentry yet so I think I only got 1/3 of the math right and I ran out of time for the science so I probably got 10 wrong on there...oh well it doesn't matter anyways because i'm not applying for colleges yet or anything.
                          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Leah:
                            HEHE... Hope you're happy, vgdawn is a little too fantasy for me... But a good friend of mine is now exstatic about it... Shes not on YW because her mom wont let get go on boards like this... But she just sent in her application a little while ago... Like at 1:00 last night, she called me on my cell screaming in my ear.., "I APPLIED TO VGDAWWWWN" I was like, "Girl... Call me tomorow PLEASE..." Anyways... Hope you accept her... She told me to ask the admin person to do that... I wrote down her "account" its like Selcine or something... Anyways... Hope you like her Application... shes a pretty decent writer, at least i think so... ANYWHOO...
                            *feels warm and fuzzy inside* It makes me feel like I'm doing something good when I hear things like that. *huggles all*

WRR, you've been accepted. You probably misspelled your e-mail address; that'll stop the password from getting to you.

I have a message and an application. ((Selcines!)) I promised Frosty that I'll make a standalone account for her, and I'll go ahead and do that for you, too, WRR, 'cuz it's easier for people whose passwords didn't come the first time.

XD I've never taken the ACT's before. Trig is okay, but I only know a little from what I leared in either geometry or algebra. Those two years blur together for me.

Comment

• Gryph was still called <span class="ev_code_WHITE">______</span> when I started posting here, too. And M was still <span class="ev_code_WHITE">___________</span>. And Earwen was still <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Kat</span> - oh wait, that's still true.

Gryphon said:
                              I'd rather be saying B-I-N-G-O. Skitty has too many letters. G-R-Y-P-H fits perfectly.
                              What?!? You're changing names again to Bingo?
                              Wasn't he the ape from the Banana Splits TV series?
                              Read all of Smuggling the Star, and now I can post.
                              Augh! A VGDawn reference!
                              Nella/leah said:
                              vgdawn is a little too fantasy for me
                              Augh! Another VGDawn reference!
                              And another one by Ezra!
                              And another one by Gryphon! Augh!

I've never taken ACT's, but I used to live in the ACT. Is that close enough?
                              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• ow. ow ow ow ow ow. I don't know if I've ever been this sore before in my life. My swimming practice yesterday has left me in so much pain it's not even funny. It takes me about 3 seconds to actually be able to sit down because it's so painful. Augh, my hamstrings. augh, my quads! I feel so weird using those technical terms... haha. my shoulders really hurt too though. We had a dryland workout and we did so many drills that were veeeeeeeery painful and even though I stretched it didn't seem to help much.

Oooh, my mom just brought over a bag of clothes my aunt left for me to try on if I wanted any. yay! fun.... I guess, but new stuff amuses me.

eek, haven't been keeping up with the ToGR. Don't have a whole lot of time to read it and catch up either. Behind in so much stuff. This week was really random and crazy. blah. stress.

well, I must go disappear again and try and finish some homework and get some studying done. and it feels like I have something else I'm supposed to be doing, only I'm not sure what. ... hrm. ah well. I'll try to pop in soon again.. bye everybody!
                                ------------------------------
                                Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                                -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

Working...
                                X