No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z:ALLA! in school today we learned how to speak like a dinky di! I learned that I'm a yankie (which means gangster in japanese,) and PM is a pommy! And a cigarette is a ***. and lots more stuff!

PM: Huh! I had enough of being a pommy from 1971-2! I like the way the forum censors slang cigarettes, though . (But did you learn that b_st_rd is a term of affection in Aus
    *exaggerates her accent* Thats bloody awesome, ya (to use PM's wording) b_st_rd! Good on ya mate. D'ya understand the whole 'bloody kookaburras' thing now and what I'm rattlin' on 'bout.

Ohhh... one of the local computer stores has an Apple iMac for AU$549 ... I'm pondering buying it, but yeah... either that or convincing dad to get a MacMini to replace this computer .. I have my fingers crossed, but I dunno if it'll happen.

I'm going to Dreamworld again on Saturday. Should be fun, cept I have to remember not to stop for breakfast at Central again - last time when I did that, I missed the express train . .

Okay became o'ay, and now just 'ay.
    Heh. I know what you mean. My mum gets so annoyed by that.

Hey Art, that fanfic is awesome!!! keep going with it! I want to read it all

I'm using one of the dreaded Mac computers again
    The Uni that I'm going to has who LABS of eMacs. I can't wait to get on them. I'm so sick of using PCs and Windows... new OS here I come ...

Ich muss gehe... es gibt eine deutsche Fernseshow im Fernsehen Tschuss!!!

Alla

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by alla:

Alla[/QUOTE

I must go... it is a German T.V. show in T.V.? Is that right? I haven't done German in about two years.

Gryphon - PLEASE stop calling me <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Kat</span> If you don't i'll tell all the newbies to call you <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Skitty</span> Mwhaaa haa haaa!

Comment

• Wow, a lot of long posts followed mine. Consecutive long posts never happen! Though I wish they would...

Polie:
        Why do people keep calling you a skitty? I'm confluzled (my new word prenounced: Cun-floo-zld). Was that an old nickname?
        No. IT NEVER EVER EVER EXISTED and you'll remember that. Nothing was called Skitty. NOTHING. THERE IS NO SKITTY.

I had a history test today. It was... okay? I think I might've actually done pretty good, considering how bad I am at history. Gah. I know I had to have gotten at least one (or several) wrong because that's what I do.

PM:
        I suppose it's a cliche to guess George Washington Carver?

After all, you can't spread insanity unless you've got it...
        Not him. XD I remember asking mom, and she came up with a person right away. Someone somewhere in the science feild not GWC.

Was going to comment about spreading insanity, but then I turned on Evanescence. XD

I use ummm 3D... S3D? Micro-- uhh. Graphixmafx. Maggraphix? I have no idea. Somewhere about that, anyway.

PM:
        "Teen"? You mean, you're so protective of your real name, you won't even tell your mother what it is? That's the truth, isn't it?
        XD Mom loves giving me nicknames. The last one was IW. I asked where I could get a toothbrush because mine was starting to look a little pathetic. Mom called me a parasite. Then I commented that, no, I was that other thing whose name I think is a symbiote or something like that. Only, I added a syllable or so and came out with symbi-idiot. By the time we got to karate, I was intestinal worm (IW). Gross.

Oh, I got HCl on me today. It wasn't that exciting -- I didn't even spill it. How lame is that? Exploding, breaking glass, acid everywhere... that's the whole point of chem class! All I did was touch some that had dribbled down the beaker and then had to thoroughly wash my hands.

XD

Then I walked back to my spot in the lab with S and poured the HCl into the glass container when it was fine where it was and had to pour more.

G: Bloody hell.
        S: ... Suck. Go pour some more.
        G: Nooo... you this time; I think I got HCl on my hands.
        S: ...!

Before that, neither of us wanted to get it. This time we got someone else to get it for us. XD Knowing me, I'da prol'ly dropped it the second time anyway, and then I'd have a story.

I called you Kat again?

Three tests tomorrow. Meh. And I think chem might be my easiest.

[adds:]
        Micrografx! Something by them, at least. I think. Something.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Alla sagt:
          No, no: "Ich muss gehen"!
          Gryphon shrieked:
          No. IT NEVER EVER EVER EXISTED and you'll remember that. Nothing was called Skitty. NOTHING. THERE IS NO SKITTY.
          In much the same way that there is no Callahan here, either .
          I use ummm 3D... S3D? Micro-- uhh. Graphixmafx. Maggraphix? I have no idea. Somewhere about that, anyway.
          You're really concentrating on that program, aren't you ? I suppose you're too busy with homework, karate etc to get POV-Ray at home and play with it. I like it.

Symbi-idiot . Heh.

Urk. Leave that HCl in the containers, not on your hands!
          Micrografx! Something by them, at least. I think. Something.
          Ah. *looks blank*
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Kat guessed: I must go... it is a German T.V. show in T.V.? Is that right? I haven't done German in about two years.
            YAY! I think thats what it is anyway. I've probably forgoten some grammar or something, but yeah.

One of my friends is having his eighteenth Saturday week, and has decided that he wants it to be a Starwars Fancy Dress (he's obsessed with Star Wars, btw). Its going to be... interesting. Anyone got any ideas as to what to go as?

Alla

Comment

• Alla:
              One of my friends is having his eighteenth Saturday week, and has decided that he wants it to be a Starwars Fancy Dress (he's obsessed with Star Wars, btw). Its going to be... interesting. Anyone got any ideas as to what to go as?
              (I hope that quote works. It's the first one I've done.)
              Alla, I'm obsessed with star wars too, and I've got some suggestions. Well, there's the obvious Padme Amidala or Princess Leia. Those will probably be the easiest to find. Can you have costumes from any of the episodes? Or is it limited to a certain era? *goes over to bookshelf and pulls off several caracter guides* Hmmm...seems there's not too many girls in the star wars movies. I'll see if I can find any and post them here later.

rant: my computer hates me. It does. I got a virus at 9:30 p.m. when I was trying to do my major science project. It took about an mour and a half to fix it, and once I finished my project, my printer was out of ink! I tried to replace the cartridge, but my hand slipped and I pushed a button that turned off my printer, and it wouldn't turn back on. AND my po-up blocker has turned defective. It doesn't block anything any more.
              Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
              "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
              "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Heh, Lisa, my first thought was Princess Leia, but my hair isn't long enough anymore.

Also, I'm on a bit of a budget, so I'm seeing what I can put together with stuff I already have. This is what I've come up with so far (I'm being a random Jedi).

This was put together in about ten minutes. It consists of two skivvys (one white and one green v-neck one), my fencing breeches, the belt from my cadet webbing and a piece of material for the outer tunic. The only thing I'm short of now is a pair of boots (or something like). I'm thinking crepe paper or cardboard put around a pair of shoes that I already have. Oh yeah, and a light sabre that my brother has had for years, but I'm thinking of buying another one - one of the ones that goes all the way into the handle, and is colourful. What do you think?

Comment

• Alla:
                  Uhh... jedi? XD

Your computer didn't give itself a virus. That's something you do to it. As for the rest of it, naw, s'printer and pro-up's fault.

Anti computer violent.

Note on Alla's costume: we wear our gis the other way with the left part on top of the right as if you were a samari. Then you'd slide it and draw from the right (if you're right-handed).

My head still hurts.

Drain the pressure from the swelling/ this sensation's overwhelming

-Greenday
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Note on Alla's costume: we wear our gis the other way with the left part on top of the right as if you were a samari. Then you'd slide it and draw from the right (if you're right-handed).
                    Oh, ok. Does it make that much of a difference? I'm right handed, thats why it ended up that way, cos I pinned that side first. I can change it. The sides are only pinned. I haven't had time to sew them yet. I also need to find a brown sheet - where on Earth would you get a _brown_ sheet from - to make a robe. Or I could be different and colourful and make a blue one or something .

UPDATE
                    Wow, I feel like I've killed the conversation in TOGR - nearly eight hours since I last posted and theres no responses. Ok, so its probably closer to seven, but thats still a long time . Anyway, I need to find a cheap brown flat sheet to turn into a jedi robe... I think I'll have a look in the city either tomorrow or Sunday. Anyway, TV and MSN Messenger are calling me, so I will leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by alla:
                      Kat guessed: I must go... it is a German T.V. show in T.V.? Is that right? I haven't done German in about two years.
                      Alla
                      I'm glad I got it right espially as I have never been at Gernman (I mangaed to pass my exam but that was due to constant revsion and extra coaching) but PLEASE don't call me<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Kat</span>. *Gets ready to throw LOTR at the next person who call her <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Kat</span>*

Comment

• Sorry <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Kat</span> *stands by to catch the copy of LOTR*

*sigh* update on my friends b'day. He's no longer having it as a fancy dress. His mum didn't like the idea, but I think I'll fill my time by making a better outfit. The same friend wants me to help him make one too, cos he wants to go to the premier of Revenge of the Sith all dressed up - and he wants me to go too, but anyways... Now that I have the time, I'm going to try to make one properly. Any ideas for a colour scheme? I was thinking a green tunic, just for a change (and cos I like green) with either black or cream pants... I dunno yet....

*scrolls back up the page* I should probably not post as much tomorrow to make up for today. I'm like every second post on this page

Oh yeah, for those who care, I'm not going to Dreamworld tomorrow, so I will be around for chatting and all that jazz.

Alla

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Earwen begged:
                            PLEASE don't call me Kat. *Gets ready to throw LOTR at the next person who call her Kat*
                            Ooh, the colours go away. Have you actually asked Lee to change your name yet? You've been explaining your name is Angua or Earwen since I started posting here .
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• *throws copy of LOTR at Alla*

PM - I haven't got round to it yet. I will one day... I'm really bad at remember stuff like that. I have her email address now so I will get it done as soon as possible.

Comment

• *catches copy of LOTR* Thanks, Earwen! *reads it*

On a more serious note:

Guys, I'm really worried about, Art. In the chat this morning (my time) she was discussing her problem and that she can't seem to talk to her mum about it for fear of hurting her. I really want to help her - by contacting one of her friends or something, but I don't have any of their email addresses. Does anyone have them? Like from IMing or something?

Alla

Comment

Working...
                                X