No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augh! I had a bad dream when I fell asleep this evening!

I dreamt I was in the kitchen, and found that I'd left the fridge door open, and it had turned off, and things in it had warmed up!

What? Sorry, that's about the worst dream I've had for a while. If I get bad dreams, I don't remember them, and they don't often wake me up, either.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
      Alla:
      AHH NOT QUADRATICS! ... hold on. *fetches calculator* Gah! I can't be bothered.
      Forget the calculator. Do it on paper!
      NAHUH! doing them on paper is silly when the calculator can do it I suck at quadratics on paper anyway... .
      Gryph again:
      Pennies = 1cent
      Nickel = 5 cents
      Dime = 10 cents
      Quarter = 25 cents
      Dollar = $1 (I think you know this one)
      Five dollars and so on from there.
      Thanks!

*follows the link to mirrormask* Hey that doesn't look too bad. Kli, when does it come out?

Anyways, must go - tis food time!

Alla

Comment

• alla: I've got absolutely no idea when it's coming out. Sony was going to release it direct to video last November, but (naturally) it turned out so incredibly well, that it looks like they're changing their minds about promoting it as a theatrical release.

It's currently doing the film festival circuit. It's showing at Sundance this week, and another festival in Florida. Which probably means that it'll be a ways in the future before it hits a theatre near you. The last I heard, it's going to have an arthouse release, rather than a regular wide release, but again, that might change.

Neil Gaiman said that one stunned Sony executive, who had no idea what he was going to be seeing, came out of the first screening, muttering, "It's like Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast. On acid. But for kids..." I'm really looking forward to it.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Thanks kli! I will keep an eye/ear out for it. It looks really cool.

I would just like to say at this moment in time: *chants* Lets go, Lleyton, lets go! Lets go Lleyton, lets go!
          Yes, I am watching the tennis (Australian Open) Roddick is winning at the moment, but its far from over...

I have discovered that the most comfortable way to sit at the computer is on two of our beanbags. Its just the right height and waay more comfy than the desk chairs.

C'arn Hewitt!!!!!!!!! - ohh many exclaimation points

I have just noticed something. We have no thread for just discussing sports and that. Does someone want to start one - I was going to, but I reconsidered it and thought that I would run the idea past you guys first. Whaddaya think?

I would just like to interrupt this post to say Hewitt won the second set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! If I can stay awake, I will keep updating this post with the results .

UPDATE: 10:15pm AEST. Hewitt won the third set

UPDATE: 10:30pm AEST - I need to get to sleep so I looked up who won on google (spoiler for those who are gonna watch it)<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Hewitt WON!!!</span>

Alla

Comment

• Artemis--
            I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time.
            I hope this will be encouraging to you:
            About 10 years ago my doctor told me I was showing symptoms of an eating disorder (I didn't have enough of the symptoms to be diagnosed as having anorexia, though).
            I've since met people (at camp, at a youth group event, and in college working on Eating Disorders Awareness Week) who have had an eating disorder and have gotten through it.
            You can get through this!
            When you're having a really bad day, please remember there are a lot of people rooting for you and don't give up.

<hugs>

Comment

• Artemis: In CampTen Trees, my friend kept getting bad dreams. I told her to ignore it, but it didn't work for her. Then I told her to concentrate before she goes to bed. Concentrate on banishing the bad thoughts and forget them. Well, she did and it actually worked. It was so weird. Of course, I don't get rid of my bad thoughts because I happen to like bad dreams... Yea, You heard me right. I don't know anyone else who is like me though... It's kind of annoying...

Anyway, try doing what I told my friend to do at camp. It might work, but I'm not garanteeing anything... I hope your dreams go away...

Polie
              From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• I like to remember bad dreams, but I don't like the actual dream. Heh. I've got the Governor's Cup Quick Recall thing tomorrow. *sigh* I don't get to sleep in. Then I suppose I have to go to this Spelling Bee thing next week. Eek. Too much thinking stuff. *sighs again* And I need to do my Research Paper junk. Blech. I really need more time to fit everything in. Hm... *is thinking* *clutches head*
                <3
                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• z:
                  STOP WITH THE MATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  But why??? Math loves you!

PM:
                  I dreamt I was in the kitchen, and found that I'd left the fridge door open, and it had turned off, and things in it had warmed up!
                  Heh, that's really funny.

My e-mail is gryphon.rykaios@gmail.com . That's different from my old one, so if you still have that, change it. I still have my old one, but I'd rather you messaged me at gmail.

My math is driving me mad, and I don't get it. *sobs*
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Math is bad. Math hurts my head. Hehe. That's my random wisdom for today. Eek. Guys are being really annoyin' all of the sudden. This one seventh grader called for a ride to the Quick Recall stuff, and *growl* this guy who's in a lot of my classes joined my website. *bangs head on wall* He said in his application: "----- ----- is hot!" I'm not going to put my real name there. *snicker* The idiot. Of course, now my friends are being rediculous and teasing me constantly.
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• I don't like math either. At least not anymore. It's kept me from the all 'A' honor roll three or four times now.

On anothr note, my younger brother won the Boy Scout pine wood derby for his den! He got fourth out of his whole pack, which is like 100 kids.
                      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Originally posted by kli6:
                        Neil Gaiman said that one stunned Sony executive, who had no idea what he was going to be seeing, came out of the first screening, muttering, "It's like Cocteau's _Beauty and the Beast_. On acid. But for _kids_..." I'm really looking forward to it.
                        Sounds interesting. And that's from someone who still hasn't read an issue of Sandman since Kirby's last issue, and who gave up on the Mirrormask website because it took so long to load even the still pictures.

Oh! Maybe this counts as a bad dream - I dreamt my mother found a new boyfriend, and I didn't know what to call him. No? *sigh* that's the best I can manage today, I'm afraid. (In real life, she died 13 years after my father did, but never found someone else as far as I knew. Both my parents still show up in my dreams, but that doesn't make them bad dreams.)
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Mm, maaath...ppc likes math. A lot. Calculus is your friend!
                          I hardly ever do quadratics by hand anymore; my TI-83+ has a PolySmlt that does it for me. Saves a lot of busywork.
                          But I love doing related rates and integrations and such...good times. Indeed.
                          Yes I am a huge dork!
                          My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I have that Green Day song on my MP3 player, Papercrane! (as well as a few others)...

Weirdness....I seem to be going through some kind of phase...

I love my job! It's nice. I am reading DW now. I can't believe I skipped it the first time I was reading the books...

I don't like math usually, but statistics seems to be better than most...

I love dreams...even though some of them would be considered nightmares, I rarely see them as that...
                            ~Rachel

Comment

• Because ammusing chats must be preserved...

sharklord *POOF*
                              sharklord *and all that*
                              alla ah
                              alla the party ends
                              Zgirl AH! sharky's gone.
                              Lisa Is this an all girl chat now?
                              Artemis Wolfang XD I don't know.
                              wildflower44 I think so....
                              Artemis Wolfang I think so..
                              Artemis Wolfang XD Yeah.
                              Zgirl now all girls are left! YAYNESS! let's paint toenails and do makeup...
                              Lisa cool!
                              Zgirl *gets out nail polish*
                              Gryphon all girl, yeah...
                              Zgirl Gryph gets pink...
                              Zgirl Art get's blue...
                              Gryphon how 'bout gryph does NOT get pink
                              wildflower44 I'll have to borrow some. I don't own any.
                              wildflower44 How about we keel pink.
                              alla *hides*
                              Gryphon in fact, how 'bout gryuph doesn't get toenails done or make up either...
                              Zgirl wildflower gets penguins...(how do you paint penguins?)
                              alla I'm with gryph
                              wildflower44 I get black.
                              alla just do black and white
                              alla ... all over
                              Artemis Wolfang How about Art gets a clear color to just pick at... 'cause Art is OCD. XD
                              wildflower44 How about just black?
                              Zgirl alla gets 1/2 black and white to look like the phantom of the opera mask.
                              alla
                              Zgirl find wildflower gets just black.
                              alla ohk
                              Moose is Online
                              alla brb
                              Moose im back
                              wildflower44 Dai!
                              Lisa Dai1
                              Zgirl Gryph gets pink with glitter...
                              Gryphon heyy
                              Gryphon i do _NOT_ get pink
                              Zgirl hola
                              Gryphon and I do NOT get glitter
                              wildflower44 No pink glitter!!
                              wildflower44 Badbadbad.
                              Moose pink glitter?
                              wildflower44 You can have some of my black.
                              Moose wat the heck?
                              Lisa nail polish. yuck.
                              wildflower44 We're doing nails....it's an al girl chat...
                              wildflower44 *all
                              Moose yay
                              Gryphon *sobs*
                              Moose hand over the black
                              Artemis Wolfang ...
                              wildflower44 *Shares black*
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• HEYA PEOPLES! Woah... I hasn't posted here in a while. lol funny convo gryph...

YAY!
                                TOP came over and is sitting next to me! She says hey yall! Yeah... We went sledding and it was fun! But my butt-like brother wouldn't let me use his snow board, so I had to steal it every once and a while...

Sooooo....... hi. What's up peoples? lalalalala......LLAMAS!!!!
                                Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X