No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sticks up for aussie band* ACDC is good!!! Or I like them anyway - they played at my mums senior dance before they became popular
    Awesome!!!

I hate it when bad things happen to cats. It makes me cry.

I have nothing to say...lalalalalalala...MASHED POTATOES!

Hey Danzrgrl! Can I call you Danzy? You can say no if you want.

EDIT:
    Gryph, do you have a cubby house?
    A what, now?
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• I walked into the kitchen. Mom was sitting at the table, playing music on her radio. I filled a cup with water at the sink.
      Music: And the reason is you....
      *chokes on water*

Hoobastank?

Blech. I hate coconaut. Cannot stand it at all. Dunno why.

A... cubby house?

And.. 14 litters? That would be like 100 cats!
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• ohk... a cubby house is a tree house, but on the ground... there aren't that many tree house capable trees around here - they're all tall eucalypts (gum trees) with no brances for about thirty feet up the tree.

and you don't taste the coconut on lamingtons, gryph, its just there for decoration. *wishes she could have a lamington for breakfast*

Comment

• Z: *chuckle* Yep.. Chani-san. And to clarify.. I was at the chat... just had loads of trouble getting in. *sigh*

Diego: You are just weird.... no other word to describe it. *sad look*
          They both suck. And the site sucks too because they put Puerto Rico as a state. Puerto Rico is not just another star.
          OH plu-leaze!

M:
          Nice story sharklord! Even though it didn't have me in it... I feel so unloved...
          Oh yeah... like I don't! I can't get on as much as I used to. *sigh* And probably less as time goes by. Ahh well. Life is filled with projects that seem never ending.. and when they do end, there are 2 more waiting for their turn.

Sharklord: Liked it... (story)

Gryphon: Your replays are hilarious as always.

Tui: Nothing wrong with net friends... they are the best friends... and you can choose when you want to talk to them. And if they aren't available.. there is always gmail. *chuckle* I like net friends. *is happy*

Alla: ROFL Okay.. that was just funny.
          vegimite
          Och! That is what I call my 5 year old son. My brother has called him Vegiman instead of Benjamin for a long time so my mother shorteded it into Vegimite... *chuckle* Makes him mad now.. but ... I know.. silly, but there ya have it.

Wow.. finally came to the end of the pages and pages.... It is always such a relief! :-) Ahh you all were enormously entertaining, you were!

Loves and *huggles* to all!
          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• What do you mean plu=leaze!!!??
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• *huggles Chani*

A Tumbleweed picture at http://www.freewebs.com/valorgryphon/gryphi.html. I'll add you if you say your hair color, hair length, and anything special.

From the left:
              Z, PM, Gryph, Sharky, BiW, TOP, VC, M.

I'm adding more. Whenever I edit the picture, I'll upload it again.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I lub it Gryphon! I wish I could make it larger but my com won't let me. Usually it does...
                *huggles gryph*

Poor Diego...lol. GO PUERTO RICO (territoryTERRITORY of the USA.)

I just went over to my friends house. We had a lot of fun. Climbing trees ect. I ate italian food at her house. *rubs tummy* I'm full...no room for toblerone!
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• i went into brisbane city today!!! It was fun. My friend and I put our formal photos in for developing and then wandered around for a while. Then we went over to the museum to see the dinosaur exhibit. Hehehe, a velociraptor looks soo funny with fur . And then we wandered a little more... And i got the last three beanies in the Garfield TY set yay!!! now i have all seven!!! and that brings my collection up to thirty six of them

How's the thing with skittles going, Gryph? I just had a thought. If the worst does happen? take a photo or something and host it somewhere on the net. Then he can become the forum cat or something and will live for as long as one of us remembers him.

Could I be in the tumbleweed pic? I have red hair which is just beyond my shoulders.

nooooooo!!! i have school tomorrow morning and band... oh well..

time to go do otherstuff now

cyas

Comment

• Why exactly do I look like the whale from Free Willy? Hmmm?
                    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• I HAVE A PRESENT FOR SHARKY! (no it's not a toblerone...)
                      It's something that describes you in the best words I can think of. (no not free willy.)

YAYNESS! i'M obsessed with happy bunny so excuse me.

I had the best day ever at school today. I got into jazz choir. (A choir where people sing modern upbeat songs and for people who actually have good singing voices.) YOu have to audition so I was excited. She said I could either be a soprano or alto (I'm a mezzo soprano.) So she put me in alto. I am so thankful! The alto girls are so fun to hang out with! They crack me up. The boys in our choir actually sing WELL. (Would ya figure that?) And the teacher is so nice we just goof off the whole time. It totally is so much better than having my Home Ec. (Aka evil) teacher for homeroom.

Also this weekend I got to visit my best friend. (We live SO far away and never see each other... )
                      We hung out and climbed trees and just talked. Mostly about school...The only problem was I fell out of a tree and have these burning scars on my wrist and stomach....*ouch*
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I'm glad you got to see your best friend! I know how it is to live far away from your friends. Unfortunately time passes so quickly when you're with them...

There is nothing going on in my life that could possibly be interesting, except that my birthday is in 3 days (October 7th) and I'm so excited!
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Oh god... the next page is the 300th.

Maybe cuz it's at its largest? It's only 400 pixels by 400 if I remember right.

Italian Waterice... Mmm. *floats off in dreamworld* For anyone who doesn't know what water is, it's not ice, and it's not water. It's the wonderful inbetween. Wheee!

I'm so stressed. This return to school is killing me. I've worked over three hours (I'm sure people with AP classes work more), and there's still more to do. Ugg! And my idiot brother won't leave me alone.

Heh. My brother told Buck that we're getting Skittles. And Buck is thrilled. So now no matter what, we're getting Skittles. Put in a situation like that, there's no way mom could say no. Not that she'd say no at this point anyway. Everyone loves the kitty.

*huggles* Sharky's story is the one highlight of my day. (Besides saying hi to all of you and visiting VGDawn.) This homework is killing me.

Alla, you _are_ the tumbleweed. Though, sure, I could add an extra you.

Why do you look like a whale? GRRRR

Happy early B-day Ella!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zgirl:

I had the best day ever at school today. I got into jazz choir. (A choir where people sing modern upbeat songs and for people who actually have good singing voices.) YOu have to audition so I was excited. She said I could either be a soprano or alto (I'm a mezzo soprano.) So she put me in alto. I am so thankful! The alto girls are so fun to hang

out with! They crack me up. The boys in our choir actually sing WELL. (Would ya figure that?) And the teacher is so nice we just goof off the whole time. It totally is so much better than having my Home Ec. (Aka evil) teacher for homeroom.
                            Lucky you. In my concert choir (which you have to try out for) most of the guys have bad voices because their voices are changing () and it sounds awful, a lot of them like to goof off and they are the ones that sound the worse. I'm a really high soprano. I can hit the high c, I'm not sure but I think that I can get higher than that

A lot of the 8th graders fool around a lot and there is this bunch of eighth graders that sit behind me, and they are so OBNOXIOUS!!! They barely sing, they just gossip and giggle a lot. And I can barely hear anyone sing because they are giggling so loud. Ugg

The tumbleweed picture is awesome, I think that I'm gonna make an avatar out of the picture you made of me. It looks just like me! lool
                            ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
                              Heh. My brother told Buck that we're getting Skittles. And Buck is thrilled. So now no matter what, we're getting Skittles. Put in a situation like that, there's no way mom could say no. Not that she'd say no at this point anyway. Everyone loves the kitty.

Alla, you _are_ the tumbleweed. Though, sure, I could add an extra you.
                              Gryph, i didn't know that i seemed so menacing ...

Yay about Skittles!!! Good on ya brother!

VC, you can hit a high C, as in the one two octaves above middle C, on the ledger lines?! Wow!... when (and if) i sing (I don't do it very often), I am most definitely an alto . I sometimes have trouble singing to some (male) popsongs, Justin Timberlake in particular - the songs go too high for me *blushes*... hehe guys in choirs are soo funny . When i was in grade 9, my school started up a boys choir. Boy, they were bloody good! it was funny though - a couple of the younger boys (one in year 8 and the other in year 9) who were singing practically soprano! or somthing really high and they were standing right next to a mic

Anyways... first day back at school today . It was alright, i guess... we watched videos for most of the day . The one in chem was so boring that i nearly fell asleep

Anyways, i gotta go... will post tomorrow cyas

Alla

Comment

• One of the advantages in singing in a choir at a university is that all the boys' voices have settled down... in one choir I sing in, we're doing Faure's (?sp?) Requiem, and also one of Handel's masses, and in another choir we're doing stuff for advent/christmas carol service. All good fun
                                I sing bass, although I'm arguably a bass-baritone... range-wise I can get from G'' to a' (see below for this notation).. i.e from one and half octaves below middle C to just under two octaves above it. I've recently been able to hit top A (a') for the first time in 7 1/2 years (i.e since before my voice broke), and was very excited when I found out . I'm aiming to have a range from E'' to a' - i.e. form just below the bass clef to just above the treble clef, because that covers more or less any part in any music I'm likely to sing.

In practice, my falsetto kicks in around e, and lacks colour in its quality (like a sine wave), and I can't change from normal to falsetto very quickly, although that is improving.

posted 27 March 2004 11:29 AM by wilf
                                I think it is time to introduce some notaion here, to save talking about "the G above the C two octaves middle C" all the time. This is based on what I used at school, and works as follows:
                                * Middle C and above use lower case letters, below middle C uses upper case letters
                                * Middle C is written c, the C above that is written c', the c above that c'' etc.
                                * The C below middle c is written C, the C below that is written C', the C below that C'', etc.
                                * Any other note takes the form of the C below it. So, g is the g above middle C, B'' is the B above the C two below middle C.
                                * On this basis, my piano has a range from A''' to a''', and a clarinet has the range E to about a''.
                                * Any questions? Good...
                                A typical soprano needs a range of c to a', alto F to d', tenor C to f, bass F'' to e
                                "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
                                X