The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Birdhead:
    And... Kingdom in Twilight was renamed, not _Dragon Gold_ or _dragongold_ but... _DragonGold_! I think the caps are important.
    Not any more. From today's Out of Ambit update, DragonGold is now old news. Apparently titles with the word "Ring" in are no longer impossible, since it's now the Ring of the Nibelungs - a title I think I've heard of before .

Oh, and since it has some animated sequences, you might want to have good bandwidth to view it. Or patience.

But now it's not KiT anymore, messing up jokes about any sequel being NiTa . Now it's RoN, a whole different series.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I'm dying laughing at your posts. So I guess I'll start at the top.

Hey VC. I want to be a musician when I grow up. Unfortunately I am not as determined at the moment. I have devoted myself to have a normal year this year and rock the school next year. (That way no one can see me coming.) I could've joined jazz choir but I decided not to because practices are during homeroom and I lub homeroom. Next year I will be totally focused on my goal.
      I'm glad that you're following yours at the moment though. I think I"m joining drama club next month because they're doing a musical. I'm not that much of an actress otherwise. Maybe my singing and trying to dance will make up for that....

Diego. ROFLMAO. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while.OMG. Alka Seltzer??
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Gryph-- I checked _In the Hand of the Goddess_. Alanna's cat is called "Faithful."

Comment

• LOL yeah alka seltzer.

Ugh, on religion class they made us do a project on music genres and stuff, I got reggae and the rastafari but the group that was studying Punk Rock did EVERYTHING wrong. I mean, they were saying stuff like that the Nazi cross represents punk anarchists. That's a lie, punks are totally against nazis and all they represent. And they were saying stuff like all their song's lyrics expressed death, hatred and prejudice. That was the worst of them all 'cause punk rock is quite the COMPLETE contrary.

Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Oh, you guys. I hate to see Diego and Nitafan so mad at each other. C'mon! If Bush gets elected president, it'll only be for four more years, and after that there's no coming back for him. If Kerry gets elected and he ruins the country so bad that the world explodes, we won't have to worry about either of them.

I love VGDawn's new colors. And for all who haven't joined, join now!

Faithful. *huggles kitty* Purple eyes are scary.

Nibelungs? What?

After the debate, I feel more for Kerry, and less for Bush. Bush... doesn't have any positive left anymore. And he linked the 9/11 attacks to Iraq. Ouch ouch ouch. But talking like this isn't going to change anyone's vote, so please don't start yelling, ok? I'd like to hear poeple's opinions, but not if we get into fights.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• We got ripped off when my mom sold her old car. They payed 1500$ for it, but sold it for 4000$. They said they wouldn't get a good price for it.... *fumes* *smoke pouring out of ears* We just now found out how much the person who bought it payed. *sigh* Why would the dealership give him our phone number? Anyways, he called asking about the car. *rolls eyes* Why he needed to, I'll never know. My mom ain't too happy that she got so little for that car. It was a really good car! *pouts*

Anyways...I was really hyper today at school. I think I scared some people. My friend had a shadow today. (A person from a different school seeing if they want to come to my school) She was really nice, though I didn't really get to talk to her.

Instead of band, we had study hall because the teacher wasn't there today. He took the High School somewhere. *grumble* The vice principal person, who I sometimes think of as... nevermind. I will be nice. Well, she was there and wouldn't let us talk or sit where we want. I did some algebra. It was hard! I needed help, but no, I couldn't ask a friend! *snarl* Then I was late to lunch 'cause I had to put my stuff in my locker. On the second floor. In a totally different part of the building. So I was stuck in line forever to get a piece of greasy pizza. Of course, there weren't any seets left with my friends, so I had to share a chair. *grumble* That ain't fun at all.
              <3
              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Angel_Star:
                Anyways...I was really hyper today at school. I think I scared some people. My friend had a shadow today. (A person from a different school seeing if they want to come to my school) She was really nice, though I didn't really get to talk to her.
                Your friend had a shadow. Interesti- oh! I shadowed once. Twice. It was fun.

*huggles angel_star*

I went to the doctor today. She said I had a sinus infection, and then perscribed medicine. The chewable kind.

Mom has been making fun of me for that. Lol. I don't like the pills that you have to swallow with water or whatever, so I asked for the chewable kind. Mom rolled her eyes.

Hehe.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Ahhhhh angel star...if it was a good car why'd you sell it in the first place?lol. Just Kidding.

Comment

• I didn't sell it; my mom did. *sniff* She wanted a new car because she didn't trust the old one to last if we went on long trips and stuff. Anyways, the new one has a moon roof or sun roof or whatever you call it.
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• everyone here has a nick name...
                      i dont,
                      i want one, does anyone want to give me any ideas on what my nick name should be?

Comment

• Leah, watch what you write in the forums. We usually use capital letters, puntuation, and no chat speach outside of the chats.

Well, Freya is out. We are _not_ naming you after a god like that.

Nope.

I'm not a fashion person.

Comment

• I still like Majella Brunnhilde, or M.B. for short. Or we could call you Nick or Nicola, if you want a nick name .

Angel_Star: I thought only werewolves bought cars with moon roofs?

Nibelungs. Yes. You read that Godchecker site to find out what Freya meant, before deciding it wasn't suitable as a nickname. It's basically got the plot of the film on, apart from the Wagnerian stuff. (Starts whistling Ride of the Valkyries, which has nothing to do with the new film.)
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Guys, I just got this as a foward from a friend, who would fit right in here, but hasn't and doesn't want to read the books (i am trying to get her to). It's a little bit of an in sight into the Aussie culture

Aussies
                            WE, the people of a free nation of blokes, Sheilas and the occasional wanker.

We come from many lands (although a few too many of us come from New Zealand) and although we live in the best country in the world, we reserve the right to bitch and moan about it whenever we bloody like.

We are One Nation but we're divided into many States.

First, there's Victoria, named after a queen who didn't believe in lesbians.
                            Victoria is the realm of Mossimo turtlenecks, cafe latte, grand-final day and big horse races. Its capital is Melbourne, whose chief marketing pitch is that "it's livable". At least that's what they think. The rest of us think it is too bloody cold and wet.

Next, there's NSW, the realm of pastel shorts, macchiato with sugar, thin books read quickly and millions of dancing queens. Its capital Sydney has more queens than any other city in the world and is proud of it. Its mascots are Bondi lifesavers who pull their Speedos up their cracks to keep the left and right sides of their brains separate.

Down south we have Tasmania, a State based on the notion that the family that bonks together stays together. In Tassie, everyone gets an extra chromosome at conception. Maps of the State bring smiles to the sternest faces. It holds the world record for a single mass shooting, which the Yanks can't seem to beat no matter how often they try.

South Australia is the province of half-decent reds, a festival of foreigners and bizarre axe murders. SA is the state of innovation. Where else can you so effectively reuse country bank vaults and barrels as in Snowtown, just out of Adelaide (also named after a queen).

Western Australia is too far from anywhere to be relevant. It's main claim to fame is that it doesn't have daylight saving because if it did all the men would get erections on the bus on the way to work. WA was the last state to stop importing convicts and many of them still work there in the government and business.
                            The Northern Territory is the red heart of our land. Outback plains, cattle stations the size of Europe, Kangaroos, Jackaroos, Emus, Uluru and dusty kids with big smiles. It also has the highest beer consumption of anywhere on the planet and its creek beds have the highest aluminium content of anywhere too. Although the Territory is the centre piece of our national culture, few of us live there and the rest prefer to fly over it on our way to Bali.

And there's Queensland. While any mention of God seems silly in a document defining a nation of half-arsed sceptics, it is worth noting that God probably made Queensland as it's beautiful one day and perfect the next.

Oh yes and there's Canberra. The least said the better.

We, the citizens of Oz, are united by Highways, whose treacherous twists and turns kill more of us each year than murderers. We are united by a democracy so flawed that a political party, albeit a redneck gun-toting one, can get a million votes and still not win one seat in Federal Parliament. Not that we're whingeing, we leave that to our Pommy immigrants. We want to make "no worries mate" our national phrase, "she'll be right mate" our national attitude and "Waltzing Matilda" our national anthem (So what if it's about a sheep-stealing crim who commits suicide). We love sport so much our news readers can read the death toll from a sailing race and still tell us who's winning. And we're the best in the world at all the sports that count, like cricket, netball, rugby, AFL, roo-shooting, two-up and horse racing. We also have the biggest rock, the tastiest pies, the blackest aborigines and the worst-dressed Olympians in the known universe. We shoot, we root, we vote. We are girt by sea and pissed by lunchtime. Even though we might seem a racist, closed-minded, sports-obsessed little people, at least we feel better for it.

You are, I am, we are Australian.

Enjoy

Comment

• bloke
                              noun:- an Australian male. To call someone a "good bloke" is to give them a compliment.

Sheila
                              noun:- a common term for an Australia female, usually single and probably good looking. It probably originated from the high number of female immigrants from Ireland called Sheelagh.

Wanker isn't coming up.

Wheeeee.... still sugarinated!

Comment

• Leah. Usually we give people nicknames either if there name is too long or if we want to tease them.
                                Like Skitty and Marnie and Tui for Birdhead because she asked...iz her name. Peter Murray is PM or Pops. We have BIW and semi and gryph and Neets and a million nick names. I'm Z but usually people type out Zgirl.
                                If you post a lot for about a month you get a nickname...

Alla! What was that aussie translation site?

YAY! Yesterday I sold 4 items for our school fundraiser. I've never participated in a fundraiser before. But this year I will because if you sell 10 things you get to go to a party and have an hour out of school. I need to sell only 6 more...

Comment

Working...
                                X