No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, there's another person who doesn't have MSN. I don't feel so alone anymore!! (Although I'm a chronic sufferer of LoLS (Lack of Life Syndrome.))

Umm...Dain, I hate to break this to you, but if smileys start looking like friends, then perhaps you need to...er...let's say...broaden your social horizons.

(Did look like anyone familiar? )

I'm sure there is a place for abandoned e-mail accounts. All the ones I don't use except as "fronts" for people whom I don't trust (i.e. companies who will use the e-main address for spam.) go there.

I guess this my be my first response to you on the YW forums, Dain, so let me give you the usual rundown. Uhh...there's a newbie section over there to supply the rules...Nita's probably told you all of them...Gryph used to be the Enforcer, now she's just a disgruntled cat. Ummm...the Forum Administrator is Lee, she's really nice and will help if you ask. Only a few members have mysteriously dissapeared after talking with her...

JOIN VGDa--wait a minute...

Gryph~ I had nothing to do with the instatement of Pick on Gryphon Week. I just ardently support it.

HW is awesome. Although Ed is the coolest character. Ever.

All the carols are AWESOME!!
    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• I have a broadend socail horizon. He just looks like one. He's always doing that thats why it reminds me of him. gee.

Acually griffon told me all the rules like no short posting..blah blah blah.... thats really all i remember. Anyway!

Your right sharky. Ed is awsome. I mean aside form being a giant shark who eats the silent one every couple of thousand years, he just unbeleavebly calm. It's cool though how he ends up in timeheart. or atleast i think it was timeheart where he went. right?

sigh go and post in your forum sharky i just posted. and where is gryphon. she still hasent responed to my message. and i think naeva has gone on another homework week and probley wont post for a while.
      "Free is Free" -Dain
      Founder of the Why So Many Foundations Foundation (WSMFF)

This a picture of Doonut. A character from Red vs. Blue. My favorite web show.

: Doonut and Sarg siting under a jeep :
      Doonut:"Hey sarg! What's that metal thing th

Comment

• Anyway. *goes back to the beginning* I know this is a little late, but... MARIUS/EPONINE OMG! I adore Eponine; she is considerably tougher and altogether more cool than Cosette who, although I don't mind her, only really has one good song and that (Castle on a Cloud) totally overused- whereas Eponine sings On My Own, which must be one of the great songs of the musical. Yeah. (I also like the Innkeeper, which is, um, daft I know. But hee, "Master of the House, isn't worth my spit/comforter, philosopher, and life-long...")
        I love you guys. Only here can I talk about ships in Les Miserables and have someone understand and answer me. Tui, I like Innkeeper's Song too. We're doing that on Friday. We've already learned Prologue (that's not me, it's just the guys), At the End of the Day, Lovely Ladies (which has these little solo lines for the pimp and the whores [just ignore this if you don't know what I'm talking about] and can make for some very...uh...interesting conversation) and we did the Cart Crash, which is when Valjean lifts the cart off that guy and ends up revealing that he is really Valjean (Who Am I?).
        I have to say of the songs I know my favorite is Drink With Me. The melancholy sound, the notes, the reflections on life (Drink with me, to days gone by, can it be you fear to die, will the world remember you when you fall, can it be your death means nothing at all, is your life just one more lie?) The problem with that song is that Marius gets all goo-goo over Cosette and ruins the moment. Bad Marius.

ANYway...lalala...twisted Christmas carols...what else is new?

Just thought I'd let you all know: because of the aforementioned show it's going to get harder and harder for me to come on, so if you don't hear for me for a while please don't worry. This is in February especially as we get closer to the show. I'll try to come on--it's actually a miracle that I'm here now because I had rehearsal today--but again, don't worry if I don't come around.
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Dain: Hehe. I like the smileys too. You can join the UTMTF (Use Too Many Things Foundation) if you want!

Alla: That's great! It's really really long though. . .

Sunstar: If you want you can join the STMFF (Start Too Many Foundations Foundation)!
          Heh. I made a million foudations, now I just need to have members.

Gryph: Actually just posting when you're asleep is basically the same thing as being in Chime asleep. Probably. I might bug my mom until she lets me in for the chat on the 11th with DD, because I'm pretty sure it'll work in Internet Explorer, but she probably still wouldn't let me go.

Sharky: I don't have MSN either, actually. And believe it or not, looks a lot like my puppy. Do dogs count?

Oh, I guess I really do need to join VGDawn then. I have no idea what you VGDawn people are talking about. Well, sort of. I've been lurking forever. *Goes to lurk more on VGDawn*

And Ed's really great. I had the most boring summer ever this year, and if it wasn't for the libraries that have EVERYTHING (Obviously not the ones HERE, we went to New York) I would've died. So I mostly read non-stop, and I've memorized the Oath (And taken it a few times too)and all of Ed's name. Also little bits here and there of the Song of the Twelve.

Ella: They are not twisted carols! They're. . .Imaginative!

Comment

• HEY PPLS! Yes, my compys are fixed! WOOHHOOOO!! Now me happy!!

Jeez, its been absolutly FOREVER since i have talked to yall! And yes, like Dain said, I have been banned form all chatting whatsoever. Oh well, I can still talk to yalls here!

My goodness, I am soooo behind. I havent been here in so long, AND THERE ARE SO MANY NEW PPLS. I dont know any of yall! *takes deeeeeep breath* S okay, tho, I will eventualy find some of yall in chat and corner you and... well, I will talk toy yall sometime.

Well, I will have to post more tomm. Its tim,e for me to get some shut eye! Good night!

MISSED YALL! Luff yas! Neets

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have a social life! WOOHOOO GO ME! I do, dont I Dain? hehe, I will see you in school tomm! The rest of yas later!
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• E, I think my favorite song of Les Miz is probably the one with no lyrics, where Valjean and the Young Cosette are coming back with the water pail, and she's la-la-la'ing the tune to "Castle on a Cloud" and Valjean's la-la-la'ing a counterpoint. Just very sweet and poignant.

And my fave Eponine was definitely Kaho Shimada on the Complete Symphonic recording.

Did I mention seeing The Woman in White while I was in London? Gods, Trevor Nunn has gone insane. Just having a turntable isn't enough, now. Now he's got a VR-cgi-background with movement being projected on a backdrop, and timed up with the turntable, so that you can have characters running up six flights of stairs... very odd and cool and fun. Not as good a show as Les Miz, though.

Oh, and The Phantom of the Opera movie has apparently completed filming and is ready for release.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I want to see the Phantom of the Opera movie. It looks good .

Anyways...

Do you know what all that discussion about the man at the bar has done to me? I have started watching Dr. Who on TV . And I want that scarf

gotta go - ice cream to eat

Alla

Comment

• NITA!!!!!!!!!!! YOU IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!*huggles* BIW MISSED YOU!!!!!!!

I don't have MSN. But sinse so many of my friends do, I'm gunna get it once I get that computer I think I'm getting for Christmas.

Alla, what does AAOFEFTTOTWFC stand for?

Well I has to go to school now. I hate school. It's boring. I don't like my history teacher either. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! *runs into wall*
                  Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• This clock has got to be of. It's saying that yall are bosting at 1 in the mourning. i got kicked off at nine. sheesh!

Geez i finally get msn messanger and all the people that can talk to me get banned or grounded or sumthin. It kinda ticks me off!

sigh. oh well. now im just bored. Oh yeah, do join vgdawn wildflower. My question is y havent you joined b4? it makes no sense. Fun, people, magic, stories, its all fun! and it free. HeeHee. Join join Join!

"Free is Free" - Dain
                    "Free is Free" -Dain
                    Founder of the Why So Many Foundations Foundation (WSMFF)

This a picture of Doonut. A character from Red vs. Blue. My favorite web show.

: Doonut and Sarg siting under a jeep :
                    Doonut:"Hey sarg! What's that metal thing th

Comment

• As I have two minutes, and literally two minutes only, I shall simply say:
                      I will have no internet access until an undisclosed date, and frankly it's a bit hard to keep up with the forum, so I'll try and visit whenever I can but don't expect to see me much.
                      That said--I only read page 333, because I'm a horrible person.
                      Tui: Yes, I do agree that D/Hr is often extremely badly written, but that's true for all ships. And I like the pairing itself. If I was only in for the writing, I'd never read anything online. Well, probably almost never.
                      There are, however, some excellent writers in D/Hr. These are the ones I live for and adore.
                      Like I said before, Ron and Hermione seem to have a friendship only in the loosest terms of the word. You do get along with your friends and have fun sometimes, right? That seems to almost never happen between Ron and Hermione, and their bickering is far from recreational.
                      Semi: hee...I must steal your talent!
                      Blargh. Would say more, but must go now.
                      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• here. If you want to see what it looks like on my desktop, you can click here. This image is bigger and easier to see, but it has a lot of stuff in the way. However, it was made for my resolution, which is the biggest resolution you can have.
                        ((be warned that this wallpaper image is an older version of what I am currently using. I have found several misspellings and have fixed them, I just have not updated this picture yet.))

I guess that is enough rambling for now. Expect more from me when I have the time, or the will, to make another post.

Yum.....
                        "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Originally posted by Dain:
                          This clock has got to be of. It's saying that yall are bosting at 1 in the mourning. i got kicked off at nine. sheesh!
                          Looks right to me .
                          The times are UK time, or GMT. 1am here is 8pm the previous day on the US East Coast, 5pm on the West Coast. Does that sound more reasonable?

Ah yes, lyrics by W. Shakespeare .
                          Not to be confused with Irregular Webcomic's version .
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Dain:
                            I only recognized saphira by the "You is a silly bean". I didn't know it was her when i started reading and when she said my name i thought someone was stalking me.
                            Funny, all of the people you're meeting over again. BeleiverinWizardry is also known as BiW, and that's why her rank is that. Dwin is called Sharky at VGDawn, and he's Sharkylord here.

Wow, I never thought of Nita's parents as crontol freaks. They aren't really, are they?

Sharky, I never had MSN.

I already gave Dain all of the rules ahead of time. I kinda skimmed over them, so I mighta missed something.

Hey! Double Enforcer is my favorite weapon on Unreal!

Dain:
                            Acually griffon told me all the rules like no short posting..blah blah blah.... thats really all i remember. Anyway!
                            *sharp intake of breath* You. Do. Not. Misspell. My. Name.

You splitched it!!! Ahhhh.... Sorry; there are two spellings of this mythical creature: gryphon and griffin; you split them, then spliced them (splitched). Ehehehe... sorry, I normally don't take offense Today's a funny day.

Heyy, but then you spelled my name right later in your post. Eh?

I don't think Naeva has a lot of homework right now, but then I didn't see her today. Also, she said she'd do Asgareth and Black Cloaks section of the L & L page.

NITAFAN!!!!!!!!!! But no chatting? *sobs* And the next DD chat is the 11th. Maybe you can plead to come then?

I HAVE A SCARF, ALLA!!!!!!

I have a picture of my Cass in it somewhere. Maybe I can upload it, or if I don't have one, I'll have to wait 'til after Christmas. I know I'm getting one for sure, though. I had a half-day, and dad came home, telling my grandma that he got a camera for me.

Dain, you're not in the same time zone as the clock, then, and some people are in different time zones from you.

See, see, you've been told to join by tons of people not me!

Cool, Dain. That's really neat, your deskis.

Snrk... Irregular Webcomic is just silly.

[Adds:]

VGDawn members! A newbie has reawakened this old topic by Z. Come join; it only has two In Character posts, so there's near nothing you need to read up on. Also, where's that Z? You're needed here, now!
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Eeeee. . .there was a Latin test today. Guess what I completly forgot about and studied for roughly an hour on. Eee. I so can't wait for next week, I want to see how badly I died.

BiW: AAOFETTOTWFC stands for Abandon All Other Foundations Except For The Tumbleweeds Of The World Foundation Club.
                              *Pries off wall*

Gibby: Neat wallpaper!

Gryph: Oooh. You wrote: "Dwin is called Sharky at VGDawn, and he's Sharkylord here." Sharkylord?! And you forgot Jaws and MKJ and Mr. Eggnog.

If I went insane every time someone misspelled my name I'd be, well, really insane.
                              wildflowers44
                              whiteflower
                              wildfire
                              wildgirl44

. . .

And I really am joining VGDawn someday.

Comment

• I was really bored the other day and I had nothing to do, so I got on-line but noboby wass on. Then my mom made me got off.
                                Dai stiho cousins
                                ~~~Ezra

Comment

Working...
                                X