No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I may be so far behind the curve I'm tripping on its tangent, but I just joined VGDawn. Gryph, how fantasy is it? Can I have a robot or a cyborg or similar?
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Originally posted by papercrane:
      So, I may be so far behind the curve I'm tripping on its tangent, but I just joined VGDawn.
      *screams* CURVES! TANGENTS! EVIL HOMEWORK FROM HELL! *runs away from her math homework, screaming 'EVIL!'*
      "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• He came back! lolness. Well, I saw him riding his bike out in front of my house, so I went out to talk to him. It was an awkward conversation, to say the least. I'm not the best at talking. While I can type a lot online and stuff, real life conversation just doesn't come naturally to me- Oh. He's online. *dies* This is so funny.

*swoons* He called me pretty... *dies* I still don't trust him. *looks around suspiciously* What kind of person talks like that when they first meet you? He was saying all this stuff. I'm not sure if they were all compliments I would appreciate. I'm naive, I know... *sigh* Still... I don't think a guy has ever called me pretty before... *dies* NO YOU CAN'T EAT MY BRAIN!
        <3
        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Lovebird, may I point you towards a rant I gave over in another thread? It's basically about why song lyrics shouldn't be posted here in their entirety.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Oh yeah...I read that a few days ago. Crap it...I meant to start linking. Argyle. Well, tomorrow's song=linkies. Much apologies all...really...honestly...
            I edited a couple posts for the said reasons...

Comment

• Comment

• So, I may be so far behind the curve I'm tripping on its tangent, but I just joined VGDawn.
                MATH GEEKERY MAKES ME LAUGH.

Oh. Content? Yeah, a Borders opened in Christchurch during the holidays and I finally got there today and OMG ACTUALLY SELLING YW OH YES BABY! (As well as, like, everything. I mean, no NZ section, fairly crappy adult fiction, but OMGSCIFIOMGDD!!!) WAW is actually in their catalogue ready to be preordered. *plots* but first I have to save up for HW and Abroad and Dilemma and OWN THE WHOLE SERIES it's like a dream come true *ecstatic grinning*

Also they have manga and graphic novels like no other bookshop in New Zealand. I'm torn between crying for joy and just, like, crying, because on the one hand Borders is an evil American chain and ought to be boycotted but on the other hand Fruits Basket and Paradise Kiss and every manga Aurora has ever mentioned and OMG DID I MENTION THEY HAD YW? Stealing the Elf-King's Roses, too. So, you know, serious mental and moral issues here but ASK ME IF I CARE.
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• math is awesome. there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a geek. I'm a geek and i'm freaking proud of it, too.

i must say, tui, that you might now be classified as more bookish than me. and that's saying summat.

i like the borders in lancaster- it's more like a bookshop than a mass-market chain store. unlike the one they built in york.

although I DO like the buy 2-getone free fiction they have. it's really nice. whee!!!

vv
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• YAYYAYYAY! It`s raining! Yadder yadder yadder! *calms down* I`m a little dissapointed because we didn`t go to the ROM(Royal Ontario Museum) in Toronto. The ROM is my faveorite museum because it`s so big. But when I saw the puddles I was very happy. And I still am.
                    "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
                    Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

• math is awesome. there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a geek. I'm a geek and i'm freaking proud of it, too.
                      Oh, me too! To everything above. I mean, I'm majoring in maths, I gotta like it, right? I was just... amused/delighted by the joke.

Yeah, we don't like Borders here because if we have to have big crappy chain stores undercutting independent bookshops, they should at least be New Zealand crappy chain stores like Whitcoulls. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my convictions aren't enough to stop me buying everything in stick. >.> <.<
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• OMG!!!!!

Today is the best day of my life!!!!!!!!!!
                        Why? Well...
                        For uno: PotO comes out in 13 days!!!! *shriek*
                        For due: May Day is next weekend!
                        -My Mayday Poem:
                        You may not have heard of May Day
                        A holiday all but new
                        We go around the neighbourhood
                        Bringing May baskets to you

We'll ring your bell to wish you well,
                        but anonymous are we
                        Away we rush, or else you must
                        kiss the ones you see

Thank you. I wrote in Bible class about 172 days ago. Yes...I counted. I was bored...

Another reason: Posso parlare Italiano di nuovo! Non รจ attraente?

But the main reason today rocks my argyle socks is this. It occured today in Bible. I sit in front of the guy I like, k?

Him: *poke poke poke*
                        Me: Hmm?
                        Him: Kerry (one of my good guy friends) and me are going to a My Chemical Romance concert sometime.
                        Me: *nod* Ah.
                        Him: And I..we were wondering...
                        Me: *tilts head*
                        Him: If..uh..you wanted to come with.
                        Me: *excited shriek of ecstasy inside head* Yeah, sure. *plays it cool*
                        Him: Cool. *turns around to continue convo with others*

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! And he even did this around our entire Bible class. Even the person he talks to the most: uber-popular girl Clair.

eeeeeee! I'm going to a concert with mah love!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO YEAH!

Alright! In honour of this momentous occasion: a song by mah love's favourite band: Flogging Molly

"The Son Never Shines (On Closed Doors)" Flogging Molly

*sigh* The best day ever....

Comment

• Today was okay, I guess. Did everything people do in school and dragged around a fifty pound backpack the whole day. When I got home, I pulled out my book and read, then lifted my backpack onto the table. I took out all of the stuff and tossed a lot of the loose papers in the trash. There weren't that many -- loose papers only happen when I'm rushed without enough time to put it where it's supposed to go, and they always end up smashed at the bottom. Some of them start to feel soft. Anyway, I shoulda weighed it before I was done. I went through my binder, history, and spanish stuff, tossing everything I didn't need/ wouldn't be on the exam, 'cept for spanish, in which case I wasn't saving anything for the exam. If I'll do any studying, it'll be last minute flash cards off of the textbook. I've been doing flash cards a lot recently -- helps me a lot, and I try to make them off any relevent detail so I can be sure I don't miss any. Which is why I get points off on history. What other reason? I can read pages, get the idea, but the little stuff doesn't stick. Like how long some river through Africa is and why whatever about it is the way it is. To me, that's trivial, but if I had that mindset, the whole textbook would be ignored. XD And I'd fail everything. I opened up yet another pack of 50 notecards and finished making some off the geos outline. Outlines don't work for me unless I write them, and I write them several times. Large chunks of info that would be easiest to learn by memory and recite I keep writing down until I don't make any errors. I did that for the ammendments and the preamble last semester. I have two sets of notecards stuffed in my backpack, one for quizes/tests just around the corner, and one for older stuff that isn't as important. They alternate directions so I won't have to sort out the subjects or get more rubber bands. I don't really know where the rubber bands are in the house... I looked up at the clock after all that and realized two hours had gone by! XD Well, all of that needed to be done eventually; I have to organize every once in a while.

Wow, I thought I lossed my message. I selected it all, clicked something, and it all dissapeared. There wasn't anything to paste, and ctrl z didn't work. So I stormed off to dinner. XD But I typed a couple of words and it reappeared! How weird is that. And there wasn't even a scrollbar as if nothing had been typed.

Still love my book. And Fitz is as much of an idiot as always.

My brother's team was creamed, poor guys. Lost with about 3 - 20 something.

About the robot and cyborgs, sure. We've never really had any that posted, but two have joined... So I don't know how it'll work. It also depends how _sane_ your character is to see if it'll fit in or not.

I'm liking this trig packet we're working on in math. No proofs, and one less book to carry. Not that I carry my books all day; I stop at my locker whenever I can or I'd have 5 books. Gahhh...

Dunno 'bout that. You died _twice_ so you ought to at least _share_ some brains.

May have to siggy Kaiba.

Tui: Hehehehe

Now a KE quote... On the announcements, it was mentioned that Thursday is heritage day (whatever that's supposed to mean) and you can wear you culture/whatever's clothes as long as they're within school rules. KE: "On heritage day, I am so totally coming in naked!"

AYAYAYAYA for Lovey!

Claire... hehe. History teacher always calls on her to "clarify" and stuff like that. Also, "are you a clarvoyant, Claie?"

Whatcher second post?

No, I'm not a failure/ I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO PROVE
                          -Papa Roach

<span class="ev_code_RED">[adds:]</span>
                          I'm laughing uncontrollably at PPC's application, and I can't tell if it's really that funny or if it's me. Hehehe. So I blame PPC. XD Professional golf!? Hehehehe... roleplay sample.
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kaiba4ever:
                              What's with the song lyrics? Oh, who cares, its not like it matters much...
                              Well, obviously, I care, and I think it matters much because I bothered to post about it. I've stated my reasons why. You are, of course, free to disagree. But it won't keep me from nagging. It's one of the reasons DD made me a mod.

Lovey, no worries! And much thanks for the editing! You're the best! I also deleted what looked like an accidental double-post from the editing effort. Hope that was ok!
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Wizgal
                                YAYYAYYAY! It`s raining! Yadder yadder yadder! *calms down* I`m a little dissapointed because we didn`t go to the ROM(Royal Ontario Museum) in Toronto. The ROM is my faveorite museum because it`s so big. But when I saw the puddles I was very happy. And I still am.
                                You live near Toronto Wizgal! Great, you are one of the outnumbered but increasing number of Canadians on the boards. Others include myself and Aurora in Ontario, and Gigo in Vancouver. *plots maniacaly* soon there will be enough of us to take over. Muduhahahaha!

Anyway, I LOVE the ROM too! It is absolutely the coolest place on the planet (I am reffering to a relative "neatness factor" not temperature). The whole place reaks of hands-on enjoyment, fun activities, and science. I would live there if I could. Just think:
                                <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
                                <LI>Your own Private Omnimax Movie Theatre
                                <LI>Endless opportunities to explore scientific activities
                                <LI>A REALLY, REALLY fun game of Hide and Seek
                                <LI>And tonnes of other things[/list]
                                I appologize for being fairly vague, I haven't actually been there for a few years now. I really should go back some time.
                                "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

Working...
                                X