No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *gasp* Z doesn't like SNOW???? I don't like MN much either, my family's lived here for 100 years or something and I'm getting OUT!!! but snow ROCKS!!!!!11
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• Wow. You guys post a lot in 2 days... I had to read about 2 pages... sheesh... I'm sorry to hear about your hampster, Rad. Moonsong is still alive?! Well, of course she's alive, but I haven't been able to talk to her in a while... I'll email her or something... And yea, computers can be annoying sometimes...

You guys have snow?!?!?!?! Urg... I never get snow here in Washington... STUPID NORTH WEST!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAARG!!!!! Arg? What kind of word is that...? I wouldn't know...

I hate homework. There's always too much. And classes are boring so I don't go to them. Well, actually... Friday was the first time I've skipped other than homeroom, which really doesn't matter... Right. I just don't like school. But I love kitties!!!!! KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahem... sorry...

This is the Topic of Great Randomness, after all... WE HAVE A RIGHT TO BE RANDOM!!!!! I love smilies, even though i dont use them that much... YAY.

Yea so hi everyone.

Polie
      From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• we got our big storm on Friday Night and Saturday Morning and it cancelled my SAT's. Yay! But I would still like a snow day on monday...
        Hearts will never be practical, until they are made unbreakable.
        "They smelled nice,"said Ponch"but smell isn't everything"
        Check out the Encounters topic in Chatter II<<<If it's still there. Jeez. Long time guys.

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibby Gibson:
            Randomness is only in the eyes of the beholder. If you see something as random, then it is so. If you do not see it as random, then it is not. However, if you see it as both ways, then there is something wrong with you. Please tell me the secret to your thinking, I would like to know.
            Actually, that is fairly true. Most of the stuff I write isn't always random, it just might appear so to others because you aren't in my head and don't see the chain of events. Thinking of one thing causes me to think of another, but sometimes I skip a few of my thoughts in between... thus creating no comprehensible chain of thought.

hm.. more to write but time to go. Desperate Housewives is on, and then Family Guy too.
            ------------------------------
            Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
            -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• What is Desparate Housewives about? One of the TV stations over here is gonna start showing it this year (Powers' help us if we actually see any decent Australian TV!). And we have a new season of Big Brother going too. Doesn't Channel 10 realise that one season was more than enough? Gah! Stupid 'reality' TV. 'The Mole' was much better! As was Treasure Island - I dunno if you guys had that one. It was like a cross between 'Survivor' and 'The Mole'. That was a good way to do it I reckon.

Look 'Lissa, you can laugh at 'reckon' again!

I figured out how to do my Uni timetable YAY! I dunno whether I'll be able to get the pracs and that that I want, but If I can, I get all of Thursday arvo off and I shouldn't be there for much after 2pm on everyday 'cept Wednesday, but thats cool

Yay! Australia Day is on Wednesday! Not that I do much for it usually, but Amelia and I are going into the city to wander for a bit, go to the BookFest and (hopefully) see PotO again! ((ok ok, I am a little obsessed )).

Ok, I think that associating with you guys is having a detrimental effect on my sense of humour. In the chat, just before PM posted this link, to which I responded 'cool'... AAHHHH!!!

Gibby: Good to know that Maxie's alright. Hope he gets better.

Rad: Sorry about leaving you on MSN this morning. Mum wanted me to come with her to a sale thingy on a the Showgrounds. I'll be around tomorrow though.

Hehe. I put the Oath onto my iPod as a .txt file I'll take a pic when my camera battery is charged.

Alla

Comment

• Yesterday we had, what, three newbies in the chat at one time. That never happens! It was Lisa, Paige, Lugh, Lissa, and me. Lissa, the only other oldie, was somewhere else. I had a little help from Lisa (one 's' of a difference between the two names!) who had read the newbie guide, and I cleared up a little confusion about Poot who is not a member. He's not me either.

You're not old enough to say 'back in the day!' Heh. I was thinking about that this morning and how some of the subsitutes that I'd see would spend all class period talking about when they were younger. I like listening, though a few of my friends crack up. "There he goes again!"

Yet another Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston book. I think I need to find a new author. This one is called Still Life With Crows. If you don't know, a still life is a painting of something inanimate. A still life with crows... well, they move! So what's the title saying? OooOoOOooOOOoo

Snow rocks my socks. After playing a good game of darts... Actually, how 'bout I start explaining darts before I get into my story. When I say 'darts' usually I won't mean the kind you throw at a target. Naw, we play a team game where we shoot darts with suction cup heads (with a few exceptions who lost theirs to the cats). At first we just had four small guns. They had to be pumped several times to get the darts to go anywhere, and after awhile, they started to break and leak so that you'd have to pump again and again, and still it won't go very far. We had enough fun with those for a while by dividing up the house (this is your land, this is ours, and this is no man's land) and shooting each other. Then B said that he had a few guns and darts of his own and should he bring them over? Yes! His used the same darts, but one could hold six of them in a rotating chamber and didn't need pumping -- just pull back the end, then hit the trigger. His other one had a laser, but could only hold one, and it worked the same way. Then my brother got a few guns like that, and so did G. Even BW did, and he doesn't come over as often. Now just about every time we have a game of three or four people at our house, we play darts. Four hits to get out, ricochettes don't count, and hitting a gun doesn't count. Mom's rule is to not shoot at faces (the guns suggest to not shoot at people at all), but we don't worry about that, though it hurts like heck if you're shot in the eye. If someone looks around the corner and aims, the only thing you can hit is their face, which would give them an advantage with mom's rule. It's neat how the neighborhood goes through phases like this. Stuff like flash light tag, four square, and chess were all things that I've mentioned here before that it has happened to.

Heh. Gibby siggied me. *huggles*

I don't think I have time to get to my snow story... I've been delaying it for days.

Snow/ Linkin Park/ Half Life rocks my socks!
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I'm off school today (Monday) because a water main broke in the Lower School building (mine is a K-12 school) and apparently it's a MESS. We were going to start late anyway but we're off all day because of this. I still have my rehearsal though, luckily. We had to cancel the one on Saturday because of all the snow, and it was the third blocking rehearsal we've had to cancel. And they're big songs that need blocking, too. So we're kinda behind, but I think we'll be okay. Last night consisted of me and most of the other girls who could make it crawling around on the stage floor, begging from most of the guys, who got to walk around being moderately-well-off students. Humph. My jeans were filthy, and there were loose nails all over the stage. One girl cut her knee open on one. Not comforting, since we'll probably be barefoot during the whole show. It was fun though: anything's fun with our director.

Enough about that. We got maybe 10 inches of snow here--it rocks! My friend's coming over later--we'll probably play outside.

Random question: Is there anyone out there, besides me, who absolutely LOVES chocolate but can't stand the drink hot chocolate? I just don't like it; I don't know why. It would be nice to know I'm not alone...*looks up hopefully*

Hello all members, new and old!
                  *Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Gryphon:
                    You're not old enough to say 'back in the day!' Heh.
                    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Gibby: I hope to get to know you too. As with all members of this forum.. only there have been so many of them that I have had to pick and choose my battles. I hope that eventually, I will get to know everyone. Wish me luck in this.

PM: Englishpeople indeed. *raises hand* Yo! Over here! 'Englishpeople' present.

Gryph: Huggles Yes.. Sum 41. One can never have enough of them. I'll wubble them with you. Triangles can only have 1 right angle at most. 180 degrees is all that is possible in a triangle. If it has one right angle then the remaining 90 degrees is split between the two other corners. I loved geometry.

Ahh my Abby: So missed you. wubbles and huggles back again. Yes... we seem to cross paths a lot but never travel much together. Well, hopefully they will stay for a while. *chuckle* And maybe I'll remember how long it has been since my last post.

Z: Snow is good sometimes. I kinda like some snow... but it got cloudy yesterday and rained... that is way cool too. I love the rain.

Wubbles to all! *huggles* to the YW Topic of Great Randomness and all in it.

*edit* Clearly, I have the smiles on my brain.
                      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Chani: You're an Englishperson? I thought you were an Arizonaperson.

No, it's true, you can have three right angles in a triangle, providing you're using non-Euclidean geometry . I am not making this up. No, really I'm not.

I have a snow story! Everyone else has one, and now I can join in.
                        It snowed today. I went to take a photo of it, to prove to someone in Canada that it does snow in England. Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera were too low to take a photo, so I put them into the recharger for an hour. By the time the hour was over, the snow had all melted . It's just sooo warm up here at 51 degrees North. (That's a line of latitude. Alla thought it was a temperature when she read this.)
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Barefoot on nails? I've walked barefoot on a fishhook... Can you imagine?

You don't like hot chocolate!? You've got to get different hot chocolate, then. *huggles* I'll have to make Gibby some hot chocolate without chocolate.

PM:
                          Chani: You're an Englishperson? I thought you were an Arizonaperson.
                          I thought California! heh.

PM:
                          It's just sooo warm up here at 51 degrees N. (That's a line of latitude. Alla thought it was a temperature when she read this.)
                          And Gryphon too! XD

[adds:]
                          Peter Murray *grumble young people today no reading skills grumble*
                          Gryphon heh
                          Peter Murray I'm an old and grumpy man, remember?
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Dai again, everyone. I would like to be more well known, so I'm going to post my blog here. Please go to it because I am a terrable writer. Yea... Hello everyone...

I think that's it... but I'm not that sure... Oh yea! The chat doesn't work at my house. It may work at school, which is what I'm trying right now... Yea but it's taking forever...

Polie
                            From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• Completely random post:

AUGGGGGHGHGH!!!!!

I. Will. NEVER fix a frickin' Sheaffer Snorkel!!!!!!

(sigh). That's my third attempt/failure. I am never gonna get it right.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Hey cool, fountain pens! That was completly random kli! I've tried writing with a fountain pen - my handwriting is not suited to it at all... it makes it look even messier than ususal .

What about going to a pen shop and getting it... serviced? - Can you get pen's serviced? Hmmmmmn...

Mmmmm... hot chocolate! Hot chocolate is good - especially if its Milo! Other stuff is good, but thats my fave...!

Comment

Working...
                                X