No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alla - you watch Dr. Who? Thats so cool. Which one was it becuase it sounded like one of Tom Bakers as he was the one with the scarf. Nice scarf Gryhpon... I'm acutlly wearing my own Dr. Who scarf which I made myself. It's actually not the right colours and about seven foot too short but it is just as werid... argg... ellpise are so fun to use... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

I'm not actually hyper or anything while typing this which is strage becuase I'm not noramlly this odd... ... ... ... ...

It's my 111 post... this is my favorate number!

Comment

• Polie:
      I think it's so weird that I hate PE but I play baseball (NOT SOFTBALL, even though I'm a girl)...
      That's not that unusual. I know several girls who play baseball when they could play softball. As for the rest, *huggles*.

Karate is a love/hate situation. Right before a class, before I leave even, there's anticipation with, "I don't want to go, I don't want to go." Usually it's because sensei might have us do something I'm not good at that I haven't practiced enough. But then class starts, and I love it, even if it's the one thing I didn't want (which, lately, has been kicks & drills). It feels awesome, and by the time class is done, I feel great.

My mom wants me to be a chemist, or at least she pushes (shoves), but it's not like I do that or die; I have more of a choice, I guess. The problem for me is my own uncertainty. I don't know what I want to do.

Abby, it could just be the first few moves of a kata, a drill, or, simply, not one of the Heians or others. There are a lot of katas. Not all are 20 some moves.

Heh, Sunstar, I think PM has already done that before...

Kat, how big is his scarf? Mine is a lot longer than it looks in the picture; it's about twice the height of my room.

And this is post 1198 out of my existing ones... I have over a hundred more not showing, though.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunstar:
        If there is anyone who thinks I am to sane to be a member here, read about what I did today below.
        If you're crazy enough to hang out here with all the crazy people, you're crazy enough to be here. I think. What did that mean? I don't know. I'm crazy.
        Then I proceeded to watch the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy-Special Extended Edition until about 10:30 PM. About 12 hours of Lord of the Rings between brief meal breaks and minor chores.
        I keep meaning to do that. I keep not making the time to do it.

And then Gryphon meowed (confusing newer people who haven't seen her with a cat avatar):
        Heh, Sunstar, I think PM has already done that before...
        Done what? Paired people off? Watched LotR in one go? No to both. (But I'll do the second one day.)
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Skitty - The Doctor's scarf is about... um... 10, 12 feet long... I'll have to check that but I'm not too sure where to find it out. I suppose it must be written somewhere or else I wouldn't know in the first place.

notkatnotkatnotkatnotkatnotkat................. *throws a paperback copy of LOTR at Gryphon for getting it wrong*

Comment

• I'm so jealous of all you lucky people who own LOTR, the extended edition. My mom wouldn't let us get the DVDs because she thought our DVD player was broken, which it isn't, and I told her it wasn't, but she wouldn't believe me when I told her it was the DVD that was broken. Now she won't let us get the whole thing, because we already had the first two movies by the time I convinced her it was working.
            Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
            "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
            "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.ph...1-104656-6766r

I'm going to have to preach about this one.

First off, _only_ half of the students polled thought the press should be allowed to print articles without the government's approval. If the government checks through all of them, the newspaper will be baised. Unbeleivably biased. And if the government is doing something we should know about, but they don't want to let out, they not only have the ability but the right to weed it out! Which is why the newspapers should be 100% free and untampered/edited with. 17% said people should not be allowed to express unpopular opinions. ... WHAT THE HECK!?? "Gays/les should have more rights!" and so on wouldn't be heard ever. The minority's capability to use its voice would be bloodily ripped from its throat. Disgusting. Half the students thought that the government can censor the internet. Hah! Not only may that not, but it would be impossible. Do you know how huge the web is? Also, this has the same thing about allowing the government to take down what they don't want you to know.

I fight issues like this (and Belial's Capitalism topic) so violently because I'm afraid that it could happen. I know this has already happened, but I mean if complete ignorance of the 1st were to happen and same for capitalism to take control.

I know not everyone is American and that not all Americans know everything about the first amendment, so here:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That protects the right of speech, religion, press, assembly, and petition. Freedom of Expression.

Full consitution:
              US Constitution
              ((The Bill of Rights contains the first ten amendments))

Earwig:
              notkatnotkatnotkatnotkatnotkat................. *throws a paperback copy of LOTR at Gryphon for getting it wrong*
              It's that or Earwig!

notskittynotskittynotskittynotskitty

My shoulders hurt. I keep on killing my joints.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• WHEEEEEE! *huggles!* *chains self to forum* I hasn't been here in what seems like forever!

GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYNESS! Today is my birthday!!!!!! My mom got a new computer(sadly not for me....) and it's like a million times faster than our old one. I'm happy...... I have the coolest birthday ever, not only is it Groundhog Day, but it's also a Pagan holy day! WHEEEEEE! I feel special....
                Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears/ when you screamed, I'd fight away all of your fears/ I've held your hand for all of these years

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../american_girl
                  Yet another news article. Really, if you don't, you should read the news more often. This one is about people who are pissed off at an American Girl doll (or whatever it's called) because they called the hispanic neighborhood (region named by, I think, the majority of the residents) that she supposedly came from 'dangerous'. I'd be outraged whether it's dangerous or not.

Hand drawn, scanned, and uploaded.

Rykaios

It'll take a while to load, for sure. If it comes up slow, if you hover your mouse above it, an enlarge button should appear (for my browser at least).

Comment

• I'm not a Pagan, But I love Paganism... I'm not quite sure why, but maybe it's because my friend, Rissa is a Pagan... My mother gave me a book that's all about their holidays and why they are and stuff. I like it, but it can be a bit bland. It's way more fun just to ask the person youself... Yea...

I'm sorry if anyone had a bad day. I was too busy complaining myself to say that I'm sorry about Zgirl, Aurora, and anyone I forgot (Which is probably everyone...). I never remember anything... Oh well.

I read the very first page of TOGR for the first time. I have no idea who some of those members are... That's probably because I forgot about this website for so long... Yea... They were talking about depression, if I remember right. And Aurora was talking with someone named "Pointefoot" I think his name was... It was kind of fun just to see how long ago that was... And look how many pages were added!!!!!!!!!!!! 369!!!!!! Yea... Sorry... Kinda spazzing out there...

I have to go, but hopefully I can post more later... Oh yea and I like you picture a lot, Gryph!!!

Polie
                    From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• Yay! I'm finally going to read 'The Book of Night With Moon"! I checked it out at the library after my volunteer hours were over! I can't wait to read it! I'd read it tonight, but I have a project due tomorrow that I haven't started yet. Oh well.

Gryphon, those articles are outrageous! I cannot believe that people think the 1st amendment is bad in any way! The worst part, in my opinion, was that some people thought the press has too much freedom! I'll probably post more on that later. I have to go, or my mom will kill me for not doing that project.
                      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

• Hey you guys! My dad has this great website for keeping track of the books you read. Please join!!!

http://catfishdesign.ca/books
                        "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
                        "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat:
                          alla - you watch Dr. Who? Thats so cool. Which one was it becuase it sounded like one of Tom Bakers as he was the one with the scarf.
                          Yeah-huh. Tom Baker. there's nothing else on at 6pm any more! The Simpsons has now moved to 7pm so thats good. Its on in five minutes or so actually - Doctor Who that is.

how big is his scarf? Mine is a lot longer than it looks in the picture; it's about twice the height of my room.
                          So what thats about 16ft? Assuming 8ft ceilings. There is a site about the scarf here.

What is Groundhog Day?

My feet are sore... I've been on them for ages today. but anyway... I'm off to watch Dr. Who

Alla

Comment

• Alla, groundhog day is a pointless American holiday. We don't get off school, and the holiday is all about a groundhog named Punxsutawney Phil, after the town he lives in. On February 2, he comes out of his hole and looks around. If he sees his shadow, it's only six more weeks 'til spring. If he doesn't see his shadow, there's six more weeks of winter. Either way, it's six more weeks.

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Gryphon - I apolgies for calling you <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Skitty</span> but I only did it becuase you called me Kat which I don't like being called. Does anyone know where I can get Lee's email address because I really must get it changed. In the mean time I will hit anyone who calls me Kat with a paperback copy of LORT.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

You have been warned! *laughs evily*

Comment

Working...
                                X