No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Sharky, you forgot me! I'm a native I'll post more later, but I'm busy atm...
    ~Rachel

Comment

• You guys are murdering me with dull knives...

BiW has gone morbid.

We picked numbers for character, time, challenge, and setting. My numbers got the most insane combination.

A 93-year-old lady.
      After a fight
      An important discision must be made
      By a polluted stream

What a messed up story that'll be. This one idea kept on gnawing at me, a ridiculus one, I knew, so I ignored it until it started screaming at me. Old lady with dark sungalsses and a machine gun. Heh. Heh heh. But then that idea wouldn't let go, and I came up with a crowd of the fighters left wounded, and one fell into the stream. The stream is filled with all kinds of chemicals, and it has this unique neon green color. A person falls in, and it looses its colors because it'll dissolve the body. So now the survivors must take him out or be killed by the mad old lady.

At lunch:
      Gryph: Normally we'd still be playing flash light tag at this time of the year, wait, no, at August we'd still be playing. Wait, August comes before September, doesn't it? What's the month that comes after September? ... October?
      Liss: Smooth, Gryph, really smooth.

Wildflower: I think there's a reference to the Powers in the song Forgotten by linkin park. ((Icy pole would be white and silver. Y'know, the kind of poles you'd get your tongue stuck to in the winter. )) Hehe. Also, Gryphon just doesn't know big words. (Must editz) Good Gryph, you did.

Sharky... awesome.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *glares at Sharky* Am I invisible? *looks at hands* I can see me! Though a lot of people can't. *sigh* It's the weekend! *bounces off walls* We got to sleep in 7th period, 'cept I didn't. I can't sleep during the day... My little person I babysit is having a birthday party tomorrow. Free ice cream! ~LoL~ I'm trying to get yet another of my many friends *cough* to read YW. Of course, she doesn't have much time right now. *glares at friend* She should make time. *snicker*

Wildflower- I wanna be in the story! I wanna be in the story! I wanna be in the story! *points to siggy* I'm the Queen of Nonsensical! *nods*
        <3
        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• There are so many regulars here. Sorry for those whom I missed, to tell the truth, I just went back,like, 2 pages in TOGR and included every one who had posted. I would've forgotten even more if I hadn't.

Soo...

Having barely escaped sane from the ToD!, Sharky has been forced to live in fear of rogue forum members, particularly the girls, which seemed to be rather vindictive. Three in particular were quite displeased with being neglected during Sharky's initial peace offering: KsSk8r,the Hogwarts Dropout, Rad, the Nashvegan (see location), and Angel's Tar, Queen of the Nonsensical. (Angel_Star, rather; don't know what came over me there.)

Constantly hunted by the trio, our hero has been forced to mend bridges with them. Will he do it? Will Sharky join the ranks of the YWs? Will he be hunted to madness? Will Dwin be able to single handedly take over VGDa--that is, complete peaceful negotiations with Kalidan, in the second demension called VGDawn?
          ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
          +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• I walk through these deserted halls
            The sound of my footstep,
            the only sound,
            is the only reminder that I'm real
            Not a ghost, not a spirit, not a fragment of someone's drifting mind
            Yet here I am, all alone, all alone, all alone, and no one can hear the voice of me except me

They float, the thin, frail webs of the spider's work
            effortlessly carried by the whistling wind
            But no spider occupies these corners,
            no mouse lurks behind the walls,
            no sign of lingering life
            Just the pad of my footsteps, the single thing clutching the fluttering strands of my life,
            holding it tight,
            holding it close,
            jerking me back to where I am
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
              BiW has gone morbid.
              I have???

Llama beans. HAHA! I have stopped calling lima beans lima beans. THEY ARE NOW OFFICIALY CALLED...LLAMA BEANS!

I am da moth queen. I love my moths... I have lotsa different kinds of moths. And cross-breeds! Like kitty moths! And you can't forget my armys. They are composed of dragon-moths. *huggles a kitty moth* WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!! BiW luvs BiW's moths......

Today in science class, I got bored, and my friend told me to draw a bunny murdering an eyeball.... It's funny looking.
              Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Sharky (Ha! I didn't call you Mr. Eggnog. . .*Feels proud*): That's a really weird, insane story. . .and how many times do I have tell people Wildflower is one word. ONE WORD, PEOPLE!! The 'flower' part doesn't get capitalized. EVER!!

Alla: Yay! Librarian!
                Jaws! Yes. I knew I forgot a nickname. . .

Sunstar: Nita? No WAY. At least not the way I picture her.

Gryph: Yeah. Really really weird story that's going to make. . .
                Now I wish this forum had one of those :No Comment: smileys. . .
                Like this one:
                Assuming I haven't screwed up the image function.

I don't listen to Linkin Park, actually.
                And I don't know how to make Gryphon not use big words. . .You mean like coherent? Or what. . .
                Icy Pole is Gryphon's name for the Lone Power. The LP wears black.

Song thingie. . .?

Everyone who isn't in my story yet: I'm still adding members, more every time. They sorta have to not pop up TOTALLY at random, or you wouldn't be able to follow the story even more than you can't already. So I have to find some way to make all of you relevant to the plot. Somehow. So there'll be a few more members in the next bit, and then more after that. And still more after that. . .

BiW: I don't think you're morbid! well, not really. . .
                OOH! LLAMA!! I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. . .*Goes to add to story*
                And I keep forgetting to have you talking in third person.

Comment

• Too much to read. I feel for BIW, stop posting so much when I'm not around... just kidding.

OMG I'm so sleepy...sorry for the short post.
                  penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Wow, I have not been back for forever. And I only read the last page. I am a terrible person like that.

Marius/Eponine! w00t! I'm such a total Cosette-hater...seriously. She really didn't have a terribly awful life, considering the society she grew up with, and Marius just fell in love with her 'at first sight.' Hah. They barely knew each other when they got married.

As for HP...if you don't want to listen to me ramble on, stop here.

I still don't think Ron and Hermione were meant for each other. They do nothing but fight, and please don't say that's tension--they've been fighting since they were eleven, and it's not debate-fighting but petty, angry squabbling. They seem to bring out the worst in each other, too. Hermione comes out looking like a shrew, while Ron comes out looking like an insensitive lout.

My sister ships SS/HG, and while I get Snape-squicks from it, I see why she likes it, logically; besides, most SS/HG writers are adults and therefore better quality. Sorry, but it's true. There are some teens that write beautifully--a lot of my favorite authors are under eighteen--but on the whole, a greater percentage of adult writers use correct grammar and syntax.

I ship D/Hr. *ducks* Personally, I think Draco's too 2D to be true; there's so much we haven't been told about upper-class Pureblood society etc. What must his life been like growing up? What is life like in the Slytherin quarters?

They're hated by everyone. Fred and George boo the first years that get Sorted into Slytherin, honestly. Harry, new to the wizarding world, thinks, 'Anything but Slytherin!' Slytherins are humans too, and fairly young when they get placed in the dungeons. How does Slytherin shape its proteges?

Draco's intelligent; that's been established. Why does he hang around with Crabbe and Goyle? He draws attention; that's also been established. Why does he want it so badly? To please his father? How does he view his father, and will that view ever change as he grows up?

And why does he hate Harry anyway? Is it simply a bullying urge, or a Light/Dark thing, or what?

Forgive me; I think too much about this sort of thing.
                    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Coherent, alternative, etc. The LP does not wear black. Not always, at least, but he can. Right..? *not so sure now*

Z ... ... ... You want us to stop posting like crazy?

PPC!!! We have a lot of our oldbies back.

Ughhh...

Comment

• Ah, but for how long? My suspicions are I'll hang around for a week, then mysteriously dissapear only to reappear in a month or two. ^_^
                        My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                        OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• PPC: I don't mind long HP rant-ish things! I go on those all the time.

EEEEEEeeeee. . .*Panics* the KBA is GONE! *Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out* EEEeeee. . .
                          Calm. Down. Oh shoot, I'm talking to myself, aren't I. I do that a lot.

You will too stay. *Sticky-tapes*
                          Oh, yeah, THAT was pointfull. . .pointfull isn't a word, is it. I know there's a word for the opposite of pointless but I can't think of it.

Gryph: Well, what words should I have used then? I can't think of any words that mean the same thing and aren't even longer.
                          And the LP does TOO wear black. A black suit-ish type thing. *Tries to picture LP wearing blue and silver stripes like an icy pole* *Fails miserably*
                          What ughh?

Comment

• Wildflower claimed:
                            And the LP does TOO wear black. A black suit-ish type thing. *Tries to picture LP wearing blue and silver stripes like an icy pole*
                            I was just looking at Lee's posts about Dutch, Lithuanian and Finnish reviews, and trying to find online translators so I could read them. The Dutch one wasn't bad (although it said "If she graduates in 1974"), I couldn't find a Lithuanian one, and the Finnish translator translated Lone Power as Loneliness Efficacy. Aw. Now I'm going to be imagining him (or her) as poor Loneliness Efficacy.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• STICKY TAPE! AHAHAHAHAHA! MINE! ALL MINE! I randomly wrapped my hand in sticky tape... YAY STICKY TAPED HAND!

You has to STAY PPC! STAY!

I is bored.
                              Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Hehehe. I sticky-taped PPC to the forums, but now I don't have to. . .you can just touch her. . .

PM: No Fair!! I've tried online translators and they won't even translate anything for me. Occasionally I'll see a word here and there, and then the same word later. But those are the only things in English, and you can't make out any of the conversation at all. I tres to translate some forums once. You can guess how THAT worked out.
                                And what do you mean, Claimed. It does wear black.

I've added to my story title. . .
                                The Mad, Completely Insane, Really Crazy, Slightly Pointless, Typo-Ridden Adventures of Penguin Woman and Mr.Eggnog.
                                Typo-ridden because my spacebar is gradually dieing. Along with the rest of my stupid keyboard. My keyboard never works. *Whacks* That and I can't spell.

Comment

Working...
                                X