No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it really two years ago that you moved? wow... I'm old. Same as what Z said, hope you see them another time, hopefully soon *huggles*
    Nice avie Gryph!
    And if VC's sis was banned for one liners in chat then why have some people *cough* diego *cough* only been suspended for doing something else that is not weird annoying one liners in chat? Not like I think Diego should have been banned, cuz I don't *huggles Diego* (I'm doing a lot of huggling today..) but excited hyperness in chat doesn't seem like a reason to ban her...
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• Lee had already dealt with VCs_Lil_Sis in chat by "chat-grounding" her for a month. The site wouldn't let her chat. So she must have done something worse.

I don't know what that was, but at least some of her old posts have vanished - maybe all of them, I don't remember where they were.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Your lego man is so cute PM! It's harder to see in chat, b/c it gets smaller.
        I am both slightly happy and slightly sad today. Sad b/c I miss my Grandma. For some reason I started really missing her last night. I was also really missing my friend Sam, b/c it has been almost a year since I have been able to talk to her. (Some of you know the story. She was one of my best online friends, but last year during the superbowl I up and called her and she got in trouble for meeting people online and we couldn't talk anymore.) So I called her mom last night and yada yada yada (hehe) I asked her mom if she could e-mail me again, and her mom said ok and I gave her my "new" e-mail address. I wanted to talk to Sam but she was already in bed b/c she has finals this week. So, I will be able to talk to her again, even if it turns out to only be a couple of e-mails. It's still somewhat of a shock to me...some of you know how I feel about Sam and how much I've missed her. I can't wait until she will be able to write me. I don't know her e-mail address yet so she has to write me first. *is nervous*
        ~Rachel

Comment

• *seething* That predjudiced... RAH! I'd link to the article, but I just closed the window. The head of Harvad Harvard is saying rascist and sexist bull about people.

sunstar:
          I think it was a lot of one line posts combined with the DD chat. She kind of freaked out about getting to talk to DD and began chanting in the chat in nonsensical, uncapitalized, and misspelled sentences.
          Being uncapitalized and a few odd mispellings are excusable in chat; she was going a little farther, out of control.

*huggles Ella* You need this. I don't know what to say for advice. The best thing, I guess, would be for your parents to understand how much it means to you and to not schedule any at this time next year, maybe even think about rescheduling this one -- if they can.

MP:
          I can't believe it! I missed the DD chat lst saturday... I am so disgruntled... Oh well, life is short, so make with what you get...
          There'll be more!

I wonder how VC will take this. I doubt she'd blame herself for her little sister, and I certainly don't blame her.

I remember you mentioning a friend who you couldn't talk to anymore before. You said something at Abroad, I think.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hello Gibby. Nice to meet you.

I am finally done with finals!! some of them might not have turned out too well!

My sister started watching the Return of the King EE DVD without me. rawr. she got it at Christmas and wouldn't let me watch it until she did and she's waited until now and didn't even let me know and now she's like halfway through. *sighs* ah well, I have a 3 day weekend now, so at some point I'll see it.

Liking the new avie Gryph! ha...

aw, Ella... I know how you feel on that one in a way. ONe of my best friends moved up to Canada last summer, and I'd only known her about a year but we'd gotten real close. The day she came down to visit my family was already doing something. I was so devastated because she might not have been visiting until a year later,and I had already missed the day she left for Canada because of a family vacation. I ended up practically begging my dad to let me go and I ended up being able to do both, I went with my family to visit my cousins where we had been going, and then when I got home he took me to see her. I hope yours might be able to work out!!

*sighs* it's sad missing online friends. Sometimes they just disappear and you don't hear from them. That's happened with my friends before. it's great that you'll be able to talk to Sam again though Rad!!

ooh the JibJab thing!! Thanks for that, I saw part of it on the news the other day but I didn't catch the website! *clicks and is amused*
            ------------------------------
            Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
            -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• Dai

I've decided to come and join the apparent insanity on these forums! Didn't realise there were more YW fans out there! They;re hard to get hold of here!

(Hence when I asked for DW and HW last christmas I was astonished to discover it had gone past a trilogy)

Nius
              ~~ a.k.a Knight of Ni! ~~

Comment

• Hey Niusyla!
                Yes...we're all insane here! If you have any questions go to the newbie section...I'm Z though!

Wow. Gryph? Can you post the hyperactive kitty again, (aka your first avie.) I want to save it and print it out and show it to my friend...(it looks like her cat.) I'll give you credit though, don't worry.
                Is your new avie supposed to be you?
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• as a reward for getting a 98% on my last ap bio test (most of my test grades all year have been in the 70's, but amazingly i ended up with an 85% last marking period...hm...) ANYWAY my mom's letting me online for half an hour! whoo and hoo! so, question: when does WAW come out??!?!?! the harcourt site says october, the news page here says spring, locus says april (along with WH), xangazon says july 1, borders says july...*gasps for breath* and I have absolutely no idea. anyone? anyone?

vv
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• I just posted the last word we got from DD on publication date in the Books FAQ.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *worships kli* thank you thank you thank you!

can you tell i've been spazzing out?

someone needs to edit last month's locus.

*throws away hp countdown paper (182 days... i lost count for a few days there whilst i was in trouble) and makes a new one coutnign down the days till july*

aargh... my time is almost up. i won't be around much till april (i got in some serious trouble for something in which i had very little involvement that resulted in 8 days of detention for bullying and harassment and my parents went ballistic on me. at one point my dad threatened to send me back to public school next year... my senior year!!..anywho, i won't be around much for a while. i'm thinking i will try to memorize my bio book so that i can get grades like that more often and show up a little more frequently. *misses everyone already*)

(if you want to know more, email me. I have a friend checking it for me so i can still communicate with people)

later, gators!

vv
                      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• Aw, Caitlin! I'm sorry that you were unjustly punished, congratulations on your good grade, and I hope your parents relent!

Thanks guys. I might not get to go, but some of my closest friends might be able to come for a week here or something. *crosses fingers* I hope so!

My friends and I are having a strange conversation in a Buddy Chat....
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• wow, a 98%!! good job!! I'm taking AP Bio right now too (and greatly regret it. I despise my teacher, she doesn't actually teach and she's been around forever and I don't seem to learn anything really from the class). Last quarter I mostly got C- range on tests (and since I'm an overachiever this was devastating... ha) but I ended up with a B- overall since I brought it up more at the ends. Highest I've gotten is a 90% on 2 tests, then the rest are mainly B's. Although I'm not sure how I did on my final yet, and that's worth 20% of my grade... *crosses fingers* I got a B first quarter and B- 2nd quarter so hopefully it all works out, I'll be satisfied with a B since it's an AP class my sophomore year.

Sorry guys, since taking this class though it has become a new hobby of mine to completely obsess over it and go totally crazy about it.
                          ------------------------------
                          Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                          -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• 98% WOW... heh one of my friends has got 110% one one of her tests. My old maths teacher had a habit of giving bonus marks questions

gah! I am covered in sea salt at the moment. We took our boat offshore of the Gold Coast this morning and I got satched on the way out. I couldn't have got wetter if I had just jumped out of the boat Anyways. This fishing expedition was unsucessful. We didn't catch one keeper

Welcome to another newbie. Niusyla, I dub thee Knight of Ni! I know how you feel about lack of fans, although there are other Englishpeople on the boards. I am Australian, and I know three people who have read the books - me, my friend Amelia, who is crazier than I am and the instigator of the phantomitised avatars (see previous page), and my dad. Anyways, dai'stiho cousin, and enjoy yourself here.

Alla

Comment

• Lovely morning to you all! (at least in my time zone.)

I found myself missing you all... I know.. I have kinda dropped out a lot. I missed the last chat. So far, in the 9 months that I have been frequenting these forums, I have only been to one. /me sighs

Ahh well... what do you do when you have so many many things that you get involved in? I suppose that you have to pick and choose things. Anyhow... I sometimes keep up with people over msn, but not as much anymore... uggh. Like I said... lots of things to do.

Howsies to Diego, Gryphon, Neets, Alla, Ella, Abby, BIW, Gibby, TOP, VC, Z baby , M, PM or pops, Sharky, Dain, Kli, Rad, flowers yes... WF, and of course Dain, whom I haven't met much. Did I leave anyone out? /me sighs. Sorry if I did.. my brain only thinks so well. And a hey to the new folks who have joined in the past month, of whom I am not familiar with either.

okay... yay.. blanket hellos. cheers! hola! etc.

Much love and huggles or wubbles as I have so lazily transformed it to be.
                              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Finals are over! *cheers* No more for another semester. For my last exam, my partner did screw up. RAHH! I came to school because I knew she would, and I'm glad I did. Ah well, even though we still didn't finish.

Thanks, Abby. *huggles*

I'm happy.

Online friends... If they leave and you loose all contact, what's the chance of you meeting again? And what's the chance of recognizing them unless their username is the same?

Hey, Niusyla!

And if they newbie section doesn't cover all of your questions, ask! Ask anytime. We made an effort to cover several of the injokes, but there are so many.

No, the new avie wasn't supposed to be me. I was thinking about Eowen because I've drawn her before and that's what it ended out as. The leaves (I haven't decided what they are yet) are something that just happened.

I think that's the link for my old avie; I'll have to post to know first.

Caitlin, trust the news page here!

Well, Abby, if you bomb the exam with a 50, that'll only be 10 points off your total! XD I'm at the point where I don't care how I did on my exams. It's a whole ton lifted off my shoulders. I was panicking the week before.

Satched? Alla?

*huggles all*

Knight of Ni, looks like you've been nicknamed already. Nius is shorter though, so I guess I'll be swapping between the two a bit. Are you planning on catching any chats with DD? The last one was last Saturday, and normally they're all on Saturdays at 3:00pm edt or est or whatever the time zone is. Not every Saturday, mind, and Lee will tell when. You can chat with any of the members if you catch any while they're online in the Chime chat room. The link to it is at the top of the page that lists the Most Recent Posts. Wildflower and I sometimes break out into song while we're in the chat, and sometimes a little bit of poetry will get mixed in with it all, but the poetry is only from me.

My orange belt is feeling neglected, I know it. The poor guy is wilting in a corner of my room. I've only been to karate once since I got my orange belt. :/

Bush Sees Global Mission in 2nd Term
                                Well, I think that scares me a little. *nods to self* I need a hot chocolate. Yup.

You have the extreme Bush supporters, the extreme anti-Bush, and the dead center.
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X