No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marius/Eponine! w00t! I'm such a total Cosette-hater...seriously. She really didn't have a terribly awful life, considering the society she grew up with, and Marius just fell in love with her 'at first sight.' Hah. They barely knew each other when they got married.
    PPC you rock! I was afraid no one would have heard of it! And I completely agree...I don't like Cosette and I don't buy into love at first sight. Anyway that's the show at my school this year, and I'm in it. I love it so much. Now I MUST see it live. Marius/Eponine! I cry whenever I listen to A Little Fall of Rain...it's so sad! Did you know there's fanfiction? At fanfiction.net, under Books. It's the most angsty thing I've ever read, but then I can't think of a character in that show who's not angsty. Of course Eponine wins the Angst Prize, but still...they all have angst. Lalalalalala...
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by wildflower44:
      PM: No Fair!! I've tried online translators and they won't even translate anything for me. Occasionally I'll see a word here and there, and then the same word later. But those are the only things in English, and you can't make out any of the conversation at all. I tres to translate some forums once. You can guess how THAT worked out.
      The Finnish one was like that for me. I used this site to translate the Dutch one, and it was reasonable, if you guessed at some of the words. It helps to know German, though . Then you can try to understand this part of DD's bio: If she sits on "high school", she wins a study grant for nursing and science. She starts a study astrophysica, but address themselves them by a total lack to mathematical insight at the nursing. If she graduates in 1974, she will work in a renowned psychiatric clinic in New York.

(I read it as "When she was in high school, she won a scholarship for nursing and science. She started an astrophysics degree, but switched to nursing due to not being able to cope with the maths. When she graduated in 1974, she worked in a renowned psychiatric clinic in New York." - if that's close enough, then it's done the hard work, you just have to fix the tenses.)
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I'm writing a story on Jackie Chan meets James Bond, for school. (The story has to be set in China) Does anyone have any ideas to help me?

Wow.Nice title wildflower, me likes.
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *ANNOYED* I just lost fifteen minutes of typing. That is unbelievably uncool.

Anyway. *goes back to the beginning* I know this is a little late, but... MARIUS/EPONINE OMG! I adore Eponine; she is considerably tougher and altogether more cool than Cosette who, although I don't mind her, only really has one good song and that (Castle on a Cloud) totally overused- whereas Eponine sings On My Own, which must be one of the great songs of the musical. Yeah. (I also like the Innkeeper, which is, um, daft I know. But hee, "Master of the House, isn't worth my spit/comforter, philosopher, and life-long...")

Sharky- *snorts* But you leave out all our wonderful on-topic posters... like Kathy, the Original Oldfart.

*tackles ppc* Amber! Long time no see, do stick around for a bit?? (Even if you do ship D/Hr. Ew ew ew. I must say that I usually find D/Hr very badly written, as even allowing for a more three-dimensional creation of Draco's character- and I agree, he and all the Slytherins are extremely 2D; I'm hoping that Theodore Nott, who hasn't had much screen-time and who's been described as "somewhat more intelligent that Draco"- even allowing for that, Draco h so emphatically been shown to truly hate Muggleborns, and Hermione in particular. While Ron and Hermione actually have a friendship. (I know many people think they don't like each other because they do bicker... but I bicker more-or-less constantly with all my friends, and enjoy it.))

Um, yes. More of my post is in parentheses than isn't at the moment. :eyeroll: I have to mention, also, that I wish I was a Kellogg's cornflake/floating in my bowl taking movies/talking to a raisin who occasionally plays LA...

And Peter, you know, that looks like it would be a direct translation of the English blurb to me. So you could check that for tenses.
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Hehe. Nice title wildflower. I'm gunna save your whole story so I'll always have it.

Hmmm...Jackie Chan meets James Bond..... I could probably think up some weird and totally random mush that at least somehow made sense. But you probably wouldn't want any of my insight. I don't use normal logic. I use BiW logic, which isn't very logical, but in a perfectly logical way.
            Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Tui said:
              And Peter, you know, that looks like it would be a direct translation of the English blurb to me. So you could check that for tenses.
              Or I could read the English blurb . Although I've read that basic text before, I don't think I have it in any of my books.

Now, D/Hr is one 'ship I don't think I'll ever write - how can you have a romance with someone who's wished you were dead at least twice? (In CoS, referring to occasions where it was a real possibility.)
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Thanks Z and BiW! Now I have an excuse for all the typos in my story, anyway.

PM: Okay. . .well. I'll try that, and see if I can get any meaning out of it.

You know what's fun? Making songs into things that are book-related. . .I was doing this on the HP forums a few minutes ago, and I have two God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen HP Christmas carols.

1. This is based off Sirius going past the door singing God rest Ye Merrye Hippogriffs at the top of his voice in OotP:

God Rest Ye Merrye Hippogriffs let nothing you dismay
                For Harry Potter our Savior was born as the seventh month dies
                To save us all from Dark Lord's powers
                When Dementors go astray
                O tidings of magic and prophecy
                Magic and prophecy
                O tidings of magic and prophecy.

2. And this one's based entirely off my extrememly odd theory that Buckbeak's going to eat Malfoy.

Let us all hope that Malfoy dies for it has been forshadowed
                False Moody did Draco Malfoy a white ferret make
                Our majestic Buckbeak's favorite food is none other than ferrets
                O too bad for Draco's fangirls
                Draco's fangirls
                O too bad for Draco's fangirls.

Sorry to all you people who like Draco. . .

I haven't tried a YW Christmas carol yet.

Comment

• *Tries to picture LP wearing blue and silver stripes like an icy pole* *Fails miserably*
                  Dude. Wildflower. Stop saying things that make me want to draw weird, OOC SD pictures of the LP! XD

Comment

• *snorts* YW christmas carols... Won't even TRY, it's too late right now. But still.

Actually, I have to make like a billion Christmas cards tomorrow afternoon. And if any of them were going to people who read YW i would so use that LP and deck him out in bows of holly and stuff, because I swear that would be the funniest thing EVER.

Chibi!LP says: Merry Christmas to you too.

*thoroughly amused* I could even think up something funny.

*wanders away plotting*

*comes back briefly*

how can you have a romance with someone who's wished you were dead at least twice?
                    WORD.
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• WTH... hehehehe. It's so silly [that] it's funny.

HAH AHAHAHAHAHA XD

I love your Icy Pole, and he will forever be a red head.

Heyyy, I take from the community, I give to the community (maybe a lot less than I take, but nevermind that...). A VGDawner is joining YW.net. Well, I don't know if it's me who got him to join or nitafan, but nevermind that too.

:P
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• SEMI! It's so CUTE! You shouldn't be allowed to make It look so cute.

Oh man, Tui, now I have this image of the LP in ribbons and bows. . .
                        *Hint to Semi. . .*
                        Of course, I'm the kind of person who would make the cards like that anyway. I'm getting my cousin a copy of SYWTBAW for Christmas, maybe I'll sent her a card with it.

YW Christmas carol. Hmm. I still can't think of anything. . .

I really am going to join VGDawn someday. *Innocent look* No, really!

Comment

• HAHAHA! Awesome LP semi!

WHAHOOEY! I has the WHOLE house to myself today! I'm so HAPPY! YAY! NO CURSED SIBLINGS! YAY!!!!! *bounces around while playing really loud music* It's just me and my kitty cats. WHAHAHA!

Christmas is coming! YAY! Oh wow... I have so much stuff on my Christmas list that my parents would probably go broke if they bought it all.

YAY wildflower!!!! JOIN VGDAWN!
                          Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
                            I love your Icy Pole, and he will forever be a red head.
                            :P
                            Eep... That sorta looks like my brother ... I wonder.......

Heyyy, I take from the community, I give to the community (maybe a lot less than I take, but nevermind that...). A VGDawner is joining YW.net. Well, I don't know if it's me who got him to join or nitafan, but nevermind that too.
                            Isn't it supposed to be the other way around. YW.net members joining VGDawn?

I would just like to say that school holidays are incredibly boring. ... Oh I have started reading The Da Vinci Code and I am hooked. I'm gonna have to ride up to the shops th'sarvo and see if they have any other books by Dan Brown .

Anyone got any easy games to play on Neopets? I need some more points.

Alla

Comment

• now I have this image of the LP in ribbons and bows. . .
                              BRAVE IN RIBBONS! A YW Christmas Carol!

Now, seriously, when you mentioned a sort of barber-pole style I thought of an evil, silvery Uncle Sam. It's not always a redhead, though-- doesn't Ssaarraahh have patches and spots?

We do seriously need some carols around here. (I did just see some good parodies of that song: "God bless ye, Unitarians" and "Arrest these merry gentlemen.")

Comment

• wildflower:
                                I really am going to join VGDawn someday. *Innocent look* No, really!
                                As long as you do sometime.

I need to start up a new set of adventures for people who have been gone for a while and aren't all that caught up. Also newbies, too. Right now so many people are locked into the war topics that they're not moving, and their topics are only getting bigger and bigger. I'm glad no one has posted in the Crystal City in a while.

I won't stay online long; I have history homework and my creative writing story. It has to be 400 words, and it's due tomorrow. No problem; I only need 67 more, and that's easy, just drawing in more ideas to end the story is gonna be a little harder.

alla:
                                Isn't it supposed to be the other way around. YW.net members joining VGDawn?
                                That's the taking.

Alla, try Dubloon Disaster; I play until I get 166 for my score, then send. That way I get 1000 every time I play. 'S all the more easier if you get a gold or silver/gold right away.

I have more to talk about, but I'll fill you in later.
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X