No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... soo many new people... coolies .

Hello LB and Akhena! I am alla, the crazy person from Down Under! If you need any help translatin' what I say, mates, just have a gander at this website... It also explains lamingtons and vegemite

Sorry guys about my last post posting twice, I don't know what happened there .. anyways... I am currently working on two assignments, one for chemistry and one for earth science.. the ESc one is fun, it feels like a primary school one cos we have to choose a body in the solar system and research it, compare it to earth and then discuss any problems that might be encountered were colonisation to take place... I'm doing Titan (as in Saturn's main moon)..

I think that the work ethic has disappeared from my grade.. so many of the classes are just doing nothing... and in CE (christian education) we watched jesus christ superstar today *hides from scary movie*... I can hardly believe that we've only got a month of school left... we have 28 days until the end of our school life... its kinda sad in a way ohhh well...

hmmn... i might actually be getting an iPod for chrissie.. can anyone give any suggestions as to whether its better to get the mini or the 20GB one? I want to use it to record voices and possibly get the media reader (once it has x D compatibility) so i'm kinda leaning towards that one, but ... I dunno. Any suggestions, anyone?

Better keep going with my assignments... See ya later mates! I may be online tomorrow morning depends on whether i can be bothered to get up or not...

Alla

Comment

• by wilf: It's not where time goes, it's where it comes from in the first place that's the real mystery.
      Amen brother!

Oh my gosh! That is a fantactic picture for WAW! WOOHOO!

Oh... hey to all the new people, hey to the not so new people and hey to the people who are very senior and have been here for generations...

*falls down from shock* Not even a whole 2 pages to go through this time. Mornings are so nice and quiet. I have discovered that I need a lot of quiet time to reflect and study. I have forgotten how difficult making yourself study day after day can be. I agreed to take on an extra day at work... so I have to trudge to work again tonight. I would like my alone time but it isn't to be... one has to trade hours for money sometimes.

Well, ya all have a great one and will be typing laters.
      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• *sneaks in and hides in the corner*

since random!schmedgar is what my friends call me, I guess this is the place for me??

randomness #1 (not the most important but currently the most annoying)- someone is painting on the other side of the wall and making these soft brushy sounds and it's driving me out of my mind.

*turns on Japan-A-Radio to drown out scary brushy sounds*

randomness #2 my cat brought me a mouse to kill and I didn't kill it and I think it is still running around the tv/computer room. I wish I had a picture of the look on her face, I swear she rolled her eyes at how pathetic I am.

randomness #3 I have many hobbies including art and community volunteer stuff and daydreaming about talking to trees and gazing at the big full moon-which-is-the-only-reason-not-to-cry-during-winter and a few online forums and napping (which is the only one my cat truly approves of)

la la la la la

randomness # 4- I like my chocolate very very dark and more bitter than sweet.

it's nice to meet you all, I'm enjoying your pages of posts. I had forgotten that some people on the internet actually do have brains.

smoochies!!

*leaves toblerones and dark chocolate around*
        Maybe it's Art.

Comment

• We don't have brains don't worry.
          Here are my comments

Gryph and VC- Sometimes it's easiest to share your feelings with people you've never met. That way they can't judge you...I know this is about the geekiest thing that I've ever said but sometimes 'YW' friends are better than friends in RL.

*huggles lovebird and schmedgar* WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! POSTPOSTPOST!
          Schmedgar you need a nickname.Schmoodles maybe...I don't know...

Yay chani! hola! I'll talk to you later...
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• VC:
            Whoa, Gryph, do you really want to share your innermost feelings with people you have never actually met?
            I don't like to hide from the truth, so I write openly. I'd rather have people see who I am, not the illusion of me. I act happy and hyper a lot, but that's not me. I feel like I know most of the members here. Not the new ones or the lurkers, but the ones that share theirselves also. The things you don't share with people online are your name, location, etc.

Heyy, Lovie is Angel_Star's friend. Angel_Star has a lot of friends here. I wouldn't bring my friends.

Three weeks until the end of the marking period. I hope I'm doing good in all of my classes. My math average should be up by now, high B if not an A. I've had 100 after 100 on all of my past test.

*huggles*

Schmed:
            randomness #1 (not the most important but currently the most annoying)- someone is painting on the other side of the wall and making these soft brushy sounds and it's driving me out of my mind.
            Oh, it's all the little, annoying noises that get to me. Someone tapping their pencil or chewing gum in my ear...

Schmeddy:
            randomness # 4- I like my chocolate very very dark and more bitter than sweet
            Blech. I cannot stand dark chocolate! White chocolate all the way!!!

Schmedmed:
            it's nice to meet you all, I'm enjoying your pages of posts. I had forgotten that some people on the internet actually do have brains
            Naturally. This is the place for brilliant people! Btw, no one has asked me to help them with math or binary in a while. Making me feel unloved. 'Specially when people start screaming, "nnnnnnnoooooo!" when I offer.

*pounces on toblerone* Mine!!!

Z:
            We don't have brains don't worry.
            What? Speak for yourself, thank you very much. *huggles, Z*

Z:
            Gryph and VC- Sometimes it's easiest to share your feelings with people you've never met. That way they can't judge you...I know this is about the geekiest thing that I've ever said but sometimes 'YW' friends are better than friends in RL.
            Sometimes it feels like I've grown used to my friends seeing only my 'illusion.' They'd act different around me if they knew otherwise. To be blunt, some of my friends are too shallow to understand. Hmph.

Z:
            Schmedgar you need a nickname.Schmoodles maybe...I don't know...

Schmoodles? I'll save you, Schmedgar!

Had to, had to. Don't hurt me, Z! *cowers* I just love using dot dot dots against you.

[adds:]

Karate tonight! Wheeee! I worked on homework so much last night that I didn't get to go.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• ...'s must die. Here's my school day...

Period 1-snore. me was hyper.
              Period 2-Gym. We had lockdown practices at school. Which basically means you hide in a corner away from the door and shut up. That's what the teacher told us anyways. Like some terrorists are gonna attack a Middle School in the middle of knowhere minnesota.

Also. I got hit in the eye 7 times in volleyball today. The same eye if you're wondering. My glasses got quite a beating and were so smudged. Unfortunately I have the "crizal" lenses. And you can't clean them with anything but the "crizal cleaner. So I had smudged glasses all day...Don't think I'm a wuss and I'm not stupid enough to cover my head with my arms. These balls were coming in all directions. We have 12 teams playing in 1/3 of a gym. Our school needs to be bigger!

Period 3-I was late. I only had 1 good eye! How was I supposed to get to class on time!!!! The teacher was like "you are TArDY! You have the big T!!! haha Z has the big T" (yes my teacher needs to get a life.) Then I went on telling him I got hit 7 times in volleyball. I got some sympathy but still a tardy. (3 tardies=detention)

Homeroom, Lunch-snore

Period 4-FACS. More snore. But the beginning of the next story. Don't you hate in when stupid kids look through your purse to see if you have gum?
              Period 5-Science, another stupid kid was looking for gum in my purse! (I HAVE NO GUM PEOPLE!) While this other kid stole my books. They were on his lap under his desk. I kicked him HARD in the ankle, and they slid off his lap as he fell to the floor. It was funny, but sad...I like this kid...and I go and give him a bruise the size of an apple. (A token to remember me by?)
              PS:He had broken his leg 2 weeks before...oops.

Period 6-snore

NO SCHOOL FOR THURSDAY OR FRIDAY! MEA WEEKEND!
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• What my current school worries are.

Physics. Physics. Physics. I don't MIND the class, but it's not an easy class. I have a Physics test next friday on Motion. And I have to build a rocket. By myself. And the only thing he gave us was a C-26 engine with 6 seconds of thrust. Before november 10. *sigh*

People this year seem to be surpassing me academically. I'm actually not to ruffled up about it, as long as my average stays above 90, I'm good. *shrug* I can get into university no problem, I just want a scholarship, that's all.

Comment

• Lala lala la. *sings* I'm in la la land. So was Bo when I rode him today. He's a good horsie, though extremely stubborn. *snort* The eighth grade went on a field trip to Squire Boon caverns today. It was...repetitive. We went in fourth grade. Oh well, the cave was cool. Cool as in cold, and cool as in..well...uh...cool.

Z- I can't stand people looking through my purse for any reason. It's mine! *glares* We get in trouble for having gum at school... *sigh* My glasses case is in my purse and it's the kind that flips and changes colors. People are highly amused by it.
                  <3
                  the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Posted by the Gryphon:
                    Oh, it's all the little, annoying noises that get to me. Someone tapping their pencil or chewing gum in my ear...
                    Oh, if someone's chewing gum in your ear tell them to get some common sense and chew it in their own mouth instead.
                    I just love using dot dot dots against you.
                    Ellipses. This is your grammar term for today . Or ellipsis in the singular.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Z:
                      PS:He had broken his leg 2 weeks before...oops.
                      Hehehehe... Can't help myself.

Aurora:
                      Physics. Physics. Physics. I don't MIND the class, but it's not an easy class. I have a Physics test next friday on Motion. And I have to build a rocket. By myself. And the only thing he gave us was a C-26 engine with 6 seconds of thrust. Before november 10. *sigh*
                      We did rockets in tech last year or a few years ago. Lesse if I can remember anything... Prol'ly not, but if you go online, you're bound to find something.

Ahh... glasses. Those *(^^&%^%*^ things. I wish I didn't need glasses. I don't really. I can see perfectly fine.

Well...

I couldn't see the board in math class. I could, but the numbers were a little blurry and math teacher's handwritting doesn't help at all. It was a quiz, and the problems were on the board. I flipped my glasses case out of my backpack.

And they wouldn't open.

*%#^%^%^*#%^&*^%&*#^$!!!!!!!!

*deep breath*

I wedged the tip of my pencil between the two parts of the lid and pushed down, trying to lever it open. I also tried bashing it against my desk.

@&*#^@Q

I got 100% on the quiz.

Without glasses, too. I gave up after a while.

Yeah, that's what the dot dot dots are called!
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• The Red Sox are winning! *does the ACLS dance*

*snort* alla, when you talk about 'getting an iPod for chrissie' I keep thinking you mean your friend named chrissie, and I think wow, you're getting your friend an iPod? That's so generous! And then I remember it stands for Christmas...

Chatter hasn't been updated since October 16th!!! Wooooooooooowwww......

13 days till the election! *crosses fingers* Kerry! Although I have a terrible sinking feeling that Bush is going to win it. Pray I'm wrong.
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Wheee! My SO gave me a lego knight bus for Sweetest Day. I'll have to try doing some scenes (wish I had a digital camera). It even comes with a little lamp post-- I could do Narnia!

Halloween costumes: The Knight-bus-giver is thinking of going as Death. I was thinking I might go as a different version of Death (say, the one from Sandman. It would make up for not being able to go to Fiddler's Green). Can anybody think of anything else that goes with Death?

Comment

• I have a digital camera, but my little brother has all the legos. . .

My glasses are dirty most of the time. Without them I can see well enough to not bang into walls. I should stop wearing them constantly.

I don't have a great big long school complaint because I'm homeschooled. . .
                            My Latin class is fun. It's fairly easy most of the time. I got 95 on my last test, most of the wrong ones on the Roman History parts, which I am really bad at.

Something that goes with Death. . .Roman History comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by talkingbeast:
                              Wheee! My SO gave me a lego knight bus for Sweetest Day. I'll have to try doing some scenes (wish I had a digital camera). It even comes with a little lamp post-- I could do Narnia!
                              Mmm, Narnia.
                              I have Lego and a digital camera. But you may have guessed that . I don't have a Knight Bus, though. (I just mail-ordered it on Tuesday.)
                              Halloween costumes: The Knight-bus-giver is thinking of going as Death. I was thinking I might go as a different version of Death (say, the one from Sandman. It would make up for not being able to go to Fiddler's Green). Can anybody think of anything else that goes with Death?
                              Do you mean Death from the Discworld books? In that case, Binky. Or Susan Sto Helit. (I don't know if you're male or female.)
                              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I get told to read Discworld all the time but I never get a chance...I should start soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X