No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all of you karate-ignorant people, I found a website with someone doing Heian Shodon and it has a little information below it. Karate isn't all katas, mind, but katas are big.

http://www.ataru-karate.co.uk/kata/heian1.htm

If you notice, he turns his head before he turns the rest of his body. My style is unique because we don't do that. There are other things, but that's the only bit that I know comes into play there. Also, our kata isn't exactly like that. In the last few moves, we do downward block in shibadachi. I'd have to watch it again to tell you what he's doing. Other parts are different, like in the beginning, there's a 'stomp'.

EEEEE I'm an orange belt!!!!!! *bouncy bouncy hyper psuedo-high*

I remember Magical Butter.

*huggles Z* And no dot dots. *double huggles*
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• WHEEE! HOLIDAY KITTY AVIE!

My mom does karate, she's a....uh....I think a brown belt.....yup. A brown belt. My brother used to do karate, he got up to I think I think somewhere around blue belt.... and I at least think my sis did it for a while.....

CRICKETS!!! HAHAHA!n I LIKE BUGGIES! No, not in my bed, or room, or crawling on me, BUT BUGGIES ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA! My concience( who also happens to be one of my best friends) is shaking her head at me muttering something about me loving absolutly everything that could possibly exist. BUT THAT IS A LIE!!!!!!! I DO NOT LIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE HUMAN RACE. I will spare you from my rather harsh opinions about the species....

ANYWHO....... CHRISTMAS IS COMEING!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! I love my kitty cats.....

OMG... my bro is evil. He was watching this creepy movie called Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys, or something like that, and I just glances at the screen, and it just happened to be when a posessed baby dollish thing ran past and IT WAS CREEPY.....
      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Dain said:
        Anyway i have speant so many minutes making everyone christmas avis! Yay!
        Dain and Alla, this is getting very silly.

But... not silly enough! Bwahahahaha!

You left out Ankaa, Artemis Wolfang, Chani, Fox, Rad, Semiramis and Sunstar. Alla already changed hers, but I liked the idea of Spot at Christmas. I couldn't make Ella's flag work with a hat, or VC's buildings .
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• IT'S SNOWING!!!! Actually, it's pretty much stopped. BUT THERE'S SNOW! I love snow! Snowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnow. Nice Christmas-y avis, Dain. ~LoL~ Anyways... Nobody's on Yahoo! and I want to talk to someone. *bounces* Where are peoples? *grumbles* Oh, it's Sunday. They're prob'ly at church or something. I'm rambling, aren't I? Oh well, that's ok. There's a very pretty and very fat cardinal outside. My friend has pneumonia, or however you spell it. *cries* That's a horrible way to spend Christmas vacation. I'm off to conquer evil yo! Oops, I'm stealing my friend's motto. Hm... I'm off to role-play on the many sites I'm on... Too many, actually. But that's ok. I'm really hyper today. *bounces*
          <3
          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Thank you for no dot dots gryph. *huggles back*
            Good job on orange belt! My friend got all the way to purple, (which was 2 belts away from black in her karate thingy,) and then quit. My other friend is a black belt and uses all those spinny weapon thingys! It looks fun...

I love the kitty avie, loveitloveitloveit.
            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *laugh* Yeah, I think it might be impossible to put a hat on a flag...but thanks for trying.

And Hierogryph. *bows to Ella*
              Hehe. I forgot about that.

I went to my aunt's house for my grandpa's 75th birthday yesterday. Almost all of my cousins were there except for *counts* three. And that's pretty good, since there are a lot of us. I had a lot of fun. I my cousins. And today I'm going down to my other grandparents' house for a Christmas celebration/Secret Santa thing that we do on that side of the family. Again with lots of cousins. I have 31 cousins total.

Have a good weekend everyone!
              *Ella*
              "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
              There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
              And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
              What could mean more than this?"
              --Bright Eyes

Comment

• snowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnow!
                Ilooooove snow It's sooo fun.

*sighs* wish it would snow here though.

Comment

• SNOW!!!!! I want it to snow here. We had lots last year, but we haven't gotten any this year yet. I WANT SNOW FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Hmmm.... It's really clowdy right now... Maybe it'll snow soon... *runs outside* brrr.... coldness. I don't think it's cold enough to snow though. AND IT'S RAINING!!!

I have so many final projects due for school on tuesday it's not even funny. I have two for language arts, one for math, and one for history. Then I have a story due on wednesday.... Grrr. I'm gunna die....

Comment

• ugh its raining here too. it was supposed to snow!! SNOW DAY SNOW DAY!!!! but, noooo, it has to RAIN.
                    well....anyway....hey Z
                    My friend got all the way to purple, (which was 2 belts away from black in her karate thingy,)
                    Aikido?? I used to take that, and I went up to blue. then I quit.

"this is going to be the best YW Chrismas Ever!!!!" haha I'm off to make virtual presents for you all.
                    And then I'm going to make a festive Christmas Avie
                    ~*KsSk8er*~
                    "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
                    Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• Why aren't you doing karate, then, biw?

PM:
                      Oh my... hahaha!!!!!!!!

PM:
                      HAHAHAHA!!

PM:
                      And it's coming from eggy...

Hehehe.

[Gryph, get over it.]

I'm always here on sundays, but no one else is. 'Cept Dain, and he's chatting with me.

We pulled out Monkey Ball, which we haven't played since SUMMER. *sobs* So long ago was that blissful season...

Weapons... Well, I guess I'm fine when I use weapons (I've only done Tensho with [fake] knives), but watching other people using these long wicked-looking blades in a kata... *backs away* Ehehe.

Order of belts:
                      nothing
                      white
                      yellow
                      orange
                      blue
                      green
                      purple
                      brown
                      black

Then there are different degrees of black.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• um...PM, I appreciate your santa-hat for me, but I dunno if I should mess with my avatar seeing as how I downloaded it from a graphics site, and if you mess with ANYTHING from one of those, the webmaster/mistress will KILL you...not without reason, of course, but all the same...
                        I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                        they used to be
                        she said,
                        "The battle's almost won
                        and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

• I'm not doing karate Gryph cuz....uh.... I don't know. I don't want to. I'm probably going to start eventually. Like when my mom starts learning to use all the cool weapons and stuff.... But until then I'll just stay where I am.

I'M GOING TO DIE. I HAVE FOUR PROJECTS DUE ON TUESDAY AND A STORY DUE ON WEDNESDAY. I AM GOING TO DIE I TELL YOU.

My teachers are trying to kill me before break. BREAK! IT'S SO WONDERFUL! YAYNESS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ankaa:
                            um...PM, I appreciate your santa-hat for me, but I dunno if I should mess with my avatar seeing as how I downloaded it from a graphics site, and if you mess with ANYTHING from one of those, the webmaster/mistress will KILL you...not without reason, of course, but all the same...
                            Ok, I was just doing them for fun anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Dain complained that all I did was add hats, not presents, trees etc. Heh. I have plans to Christmas-ise my own avatar. (What, you thought that was it? No. Not unless I forget to change it.)

Gryphon, newer members don't even know what you mean by eggy . Heheheh.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• That's the pm we remember!

Ahaha, has anyone seen Elf? I saw the ads on tv for it and thought, "no way am I seeing that." Really, it looked stupid.

*dies laughing* I couldn't stop laughing. It was great, really great. Heh, I'm glad we rented it for a week.

I also just realized that 72 inch screens were 6 feet. God!

Sorry. Delayed reaction, yes, yes.

6 feet!?!

My brother commented that someone up the street had a 72 inch plasma tv, and I only just then thought about how big that was. Hey, a friend I had in Florida had one of those, and I decided never to get one if I was insanely rich and cared about television because the resolution was really bad. (Well, that's what matters to me...)

Speaking of that, I've never had to deal with a snotty rich kid in my entire life until this year. I've known a rich kid (the one I just mentioned in Florida), but never a snotty rich kid. Wow.

Yeah. Sorry.

pv=nrt

My brother asked something, and my mom pulled out that equation from thin air, and then used it again when I mentioned that Skittles worked like a heater and dad said he was made out of whale blubber. Oh, oh, it was Hershey kisses. My brother said that last year just about all of their projects were silly things like, 'what melts a hershey kiss faster: just in your mouth or chewing it,' and mom promted, "why?"

The science class evidentally overlooked the importance of why's and left it simply at 'because it is.'

Wow, random and randome[er]. It's only eight p.m.... Last night I wasn't brain dead until 10.

Comment

• I'm totally brain dead. I've been on the phone all day, calling people to see if they can come over on Tuesday. Over half the people who wanted to go caroling and stuff can't come, but at least we have 5+ people. *sigh* My friends are taking forever to read the YW books. One has had the SYWTBAW for about a month. (I don't think she's started yet. *grin*) Lovebird has had Wizard's Holiday for a very long time, and Emily has had...oh great, I can't remember which one she has. I think it's Dilemma, but I'm not sure.

I've never known a snotty rich kid, not really. Many kids at my school are pretty wealthy, but I don't think they flaunt it or anything. They just tend to ignore me... I'm easily ignored, I guess. *shrug* I've got tons of friends, anyways.

What's the point in having that big of a tv? I don't even watch that much tv. I'd much rather read. *grin*
                                <3
                                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                                X