No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to read them too, but I already have loads of series books and I could never find the order that they are read in! looked loads of times! but each on had a differant order to it! does anyone know the proper order or the offical website that shows the order! I might treat myself to some more books! Even though I'm a uni student and cant afford to!! OVERDRAFT TIME!!! hahaha

On a differant note does anyone know why there is a delay in the deluxe edition of Eragon! it has art work and lang and and and an excerpt!!! If needs be i will have to order form the states!! But i dont want to have to!! Info please people!!
    thanks
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Well, there's this Discworld reading order guide from a fan site. It divides the books up into sub-series, rather than listing the whole lot in one long list.

Alternatively, you can read them in publication order. This list, from Colour of Magic to Going Postal is in publication order. Books after that are apparently three that haven't been written/published yet, Discworld Companion, which is an encyclopaedia to help you cope with it, three related books, and four maps of places in the books.

What more could you want? That's 34 books to read .
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Hmmmm I need to call one of my friends...*coughrandom*

Legos huh? One of my friends is obsessed with legos. You guys should start a club. Pops! You could make your website bigger and have other people put their piccy's on too! When I was little I used to build the houses that my brother got in the lego sets and he played with them. The building is fun. The playing is pointless to me...
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Ella:
          13 days till the election! *crosses fingers* Kerry! Although I have a terrible sinking feeling that Bush is going to win it. Pray I'm wrong.
          That's how I felt, watching the polls. Bush claimed the majority of the states, but hopefully that won't prove true for the election. Bush cannot win. Kerry had so better get it... Though if he does win, he's not really president until January.

talkingbeast:
          Can anybody think of anything else that goes with Death?
          Kittens?

Z:
          Legos huh? One of my friends is obsessed with legos. You guys should start a club. Pops! You could make your website bigger and have other people put their piccy's on too! When I was little I used to build the houses that my brother got in the lego sets and he played with them. The building is fun. The playing is pointless to me...
          Legos & all kinds of crazy photos! How much space do you have/how much of it have you used? Not that we're forcing you to... Hehe. If PM has any space, it's Z's now, looks like.

Cut my life into peices/ this is my last resort. *singing*
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I have a digital camera but no legos *sniff*

I want legos, whenever I see them in the store I pet them. It's a little embarrassing but if I had them around the house I just know I'd end up in the hospital having it removed from my foot or other body part.

at least I don't drool on them though??

I've read one and a half discworld books. I realy enjoyed the first one but just never got into the one after that.It surprises me because all my favorite people love them and quote them and -uh- love them.
            It's late and my brain is mushy.

I like schmoodle!!! it's like a cross between two of my favorite things- noodles and my dog edgar (but he mostly gets called schmedgar).

schmoodle schmoodle schmoodle schmoodle

but it's hard to type???

Gryphon- if you like white chocolate and I like dark chocolate we are compatible around the holidays. It's the people who eat my dark chocolate that I have trouble with. I mean, I'll share, but there have to be limits.

errrm, anyone checked Hell yet for ice?? when the sox win out over the Yankees I get nervous. Happy, but nervous, but happy!

ok, home to walk the dog!!! wheeeee!!!!

*tosses around assorted chocolates and pillows*
            Maybe it's Art.

Comment

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! *huggles Schmoo--* I lub toblerone! Iz best chocolate in the world. It comes in dark chocolate, white chocolate, and my favorite MILK CHOCOLATE! *hands out toblerone*

Comment

• What was the second book you read? My favorites were the ones with Death in them. Soul Music, Reaper Man, Mort, and [what was its name?]

Schmoomoo (hehe, I'm having fun with this:
                *tosses around assorted chocolates and pillows*
                *chomp chomp* MINE!!!!!!

No one is taking up my journal question challenge. I have more questions if you want to read them and just think about them instead of writing and sharing.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Fine I'll try your challenge. Don't ... me though. I didn't ... you. I didn't try it for the sake of sounding stupid...

Have you ever felt like an outcast?

Uhhh yeah. My mom got this wonderful idea to send me to a Private school.
                  When I arrived at the school I found out that I was the only black kid in the whole entire SCHOOL. (a K-8 school by the way.) This usually doesn't bother me. I'm used to being a minority in my grade at most schools so I dealt with it.
                  I made about 1 friend who wasn't a very good one. I was definitely treated like an outcast ecspecially by this lying girl named Julia...I definitly believed that I must be a freak of nature myself.
                  The next year I went to a new school (public) I made many friends, ones I still have now.
                  Yet I still wonder now how such a big group of racist students AND teachers ended up in one school...
                  *unconcluded*

How do you express your anger or sadness?
                  Mostly by locking myself in my room for an hour or two. 'yelling' at myself silently, and contemplating why I'm on this world and why this world is such a truly messed up place. Do I even have a reason to be living? What good do I do? I don't have a big dream I want to accomplish...and even if I did, what good would I do? Sometimes I just want something exciting to happen...and then I realize that if I wish for something exciting, it probably will end up being the exciting I DON'T want. Sometimes I think how my life would be different if my family spent more time together, if I broke my leg or got a life threatning illness, mostly a bunch of things that don't even make sense.
                  Yet most of the time I never cry for expressing sadness. Just sit in a corner blankly until I pull myself together. Ecspecially in public, there I hide it all. If I'm upset I try not to show it...

I guess that's enough for me. Sorry if none of that made sense.

Comment

• I'll try, but I can only do one. *sigh* Homework...

How do you express your anger or sadness?

I don't, not really. Not unless you count crying into a pillow with the door locked and lots of loud music. Music is great for anything. Reading also helps me get calm, as does the woods behind my house. I like writing things down, even if it has nothing to do with the situation. What's really bad is that when I want to cry, when I need to cry, I can't. However, whenever I'm in class or in public and I want to hold it in, I lose control.

Maybe two...

Have you ever felt like an outcast?

All the time, especially at school. Sometimes my friends just aren't around and I feel alone. Everyone thinks I'm just a smart kid who doesn't talk much. Even when some of my friends are there, they exclude me. I don't even think they notice half the time. I don't know what's all going on at school (like most people do; gossip goes around fast) because I normally have my head in a book. Not many people tell me things on purpose. Still, I know I'm not really an outcast, and I've got lots of friends. Especially Jesus, who's always there.

*sigh* I know that some people may not agree with the last sentence, but hey, it's what I believe.
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Z, I hope your experience in a private school didn't color your opinion of all private schools. I go to one, and it's great. I love it, and everyone's really accepting. But if you had a bad experience, I'm really sorry, and I'm glad you like where you are now.

I'll do some questions...

When has change happened in your life?
                      When I moved. I was living in a new place, without the friends that I had known for seven years close by. I was in a new house, in a new town, and things were different. I've decided I don't like being treated "new". I don't want to answer "So, have you settled in yet?", "Is it like your old school?", or "Do you miss where you used to live?" twelve zillion times. People don't realize: I want to be treated like part of the community. Part of me is still, and will always be, in my old house and my old school, but here, now, I'm where I live, and that's my life.
                      Okay, that was kind of hard to follow since basically it was an emotional outpouring....
                      *Ella*
                      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                      What could mean more than this?"
                      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Z:
                        Fine I'll try your challenge. Don't ... me though. I didn't ... you. I didn't try it for the sake of sounding stupid...
                        Z, no, these are serious questions.

*huggles*

I know how you feel, Angel_Star.

Sometimes the pain, the anguish at the core of myself, is so bad that crying has only made the pit bigger, the pain more real. I can read and get lost in a good book, but when I've finished, I'm jolted back to reality. The reality where I am me, and I feel so alone. Nothing by time and a few bright sparks can numb or erase the torment.

I feel a lot different now, but that's because a lot of things have changed. I feel secure, and the people around me... I either don't care what they think or they're a friend. And knowing that you have some friends, a friend everywhere you go, is a good thing.

There are some black kids at my school, and it makes me feel sick the way that most of them always go to another black person as their friend. It's almost like they're not accepted the way most of the other people are. They're ignored. Echo, echo, echo... doesn't it all feel the same? The way people draw towards another person stuck in the same pit. And if you can't find anyone stuck in the same situation, the ground is dissapearing beneath your feet. I reach out to people when I can, but I'm shy. I know others do. Some of the most heart warming stories are the ones where everything is so real, real people, real plot, real world, and something good happens. Something really good, like reaching out to a person.

Nevermind that I slammed into that topic and that all of my words put together don't make sense. I know what I mean.

Comment

• errrm, anyone checked Hell yet for ice?? when the sox win out over the Yankees I get nervous. Happy, but nervous, but happy!
                          Is this a sign there is hope for Kerry? Check your prophetic pets/computers/dreams and get back to me on this one!

Do kittens go with Death? Only if you're the Ninja Kitty of Doom.

(Weird mental image now-- the Evil Alternate NY all frozen over, with vampire cabs sliding all over the ice...)

Later note: Death of the Endless has not kittens, but goldfish. At the rate goldfish die, I think that's more appropriate!

Comment

• Gryphon said:
                            Legos & all kinds of crazy photos! How much space do you have/how much of it have you used? Not that we're forcing you to... Hehe. If PM has any space, it's Z's now, looks like.
                            I have 20Mb. How much is used? About 19.5Mb...

Have you ever seen http://www.brickshelf.com/ - it's a site where people put photos of their models. For instance, a Lego Hogwarts that's based on the castle in the films.

Schmedgar said:
                            I've read one and a half discworld books. I realy enjoyed the first one but just never got into the one after that.
                            Hi Schmedgar. If you mean The Light Fantastic, some fans find the first three Discworld books slow going, and say they pick up with the fourth one, Mort.

Gryphon (again) said:
                            What was the second book you read? My favorites were the ones with Death in them. Soul Music, Reaper Man, Mort, and [what was its name?]
                            Death's in all of them! Or did he skip one of the Tiffany Aching books?
                            Perhaps you mean Hogfather or Thief of Time?

When has change happened in your life?
                            Like Ella, when I moved. But my father worked for the British Foreign Office, which meant he worked in British Embassies, which are overseas. I don't remember living in Poland, Lebanon, or the Ivory Coast (all when I was very young), just Austria and Australia. (And England.) So, when I was 7, 12 and 14, I basically changed countries, schools, friends and everything.

A side-effect of that was that I didn't try too hard to stay in touch with friends when I left school at 18 - I wasn't used to doing that.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• *sobs* Death isn't in all of them *sobs* I've just finished reading Monstrous Regiment and he didn't appear _once_ *sobs* unless i missed something *looks hopeful*

Betcha can't tell who my fav charrie is?

Hmmmn, I know what its like to have students of a different race at your school. I'm of european (scottish) descent, but we don't have many black people here, dunno why... but what we do have are asian students... most of them always stick with their own, they won't even make an effort to make friends with the rest of us - even if we do try to make friends with them... but anyways...

Do kittens got with Death?
                              Of course.. Death likes Kittens doesn't he... *looks in Disc World books* I remember in ... I think it was Mort that he mentioned that...

Hmmmn... change... that strange thing... I really haven't moved around all that much, but the major move I had was from moving from Melbourne (south) to Brisbane (three or so days drive north)... I also sorta skipped a grade which threw me even more. I had to leave all my friends behind and try to start a new - though I was still up for playing tiggy and hiaky home at lunch while the others were all for talking about guys and that.... *sigh* anyways...

*wants to go stargazing outside, but there is too much light pollution...* hold on i could go down into the dark, scary park... that might kinda work... it'd stop the pollution from the street lights... hmmn... *ponders*

hehehehe ... lol those lego things are soo funny... *sets the parkes one to her background* ... but some people seriously have way way way waaay too much time on their hands...

Schmoodle.. read Mort its way better than the first couple...

Comment

• *wonders how to ask politely about doing the quote thing* oh wait, there are buttons up there!!

SKWEEEEEE!!

Schmoodle.. read Mort its way better than the first couple...
                                Mort Mort Mort is the one I read!!! But I am reading The Book of Night with Moon now because I hadn't read any of DD's adult fiction previously. I am so easily sucked in to thee things, when I was listening to the news today I was thinking about those kitties and their world gates. I so admire how well thought out the whole universe is.

So my nephew thinks I am almost as pathetic as my cat knows I am and he sent me his old Playstation and some games. I have been playing Final Fantasy IV and finally managed to kill my stupid knightly alter ego. Dumb thing killed me off a good 25 or so times.

<side note> I'm really old</side note>

I have 20Mb. How much is used? About 19.5Mb...

Have you ever seen http://www.brickshelf.com/ - it's a site where people put photos of their models. For instance, a Lego Hogwarts that's based on the castle in the films.
                                oh great now I have to start buying legos, I think I have a bedroom I can devote to this. *eyes the sculpture inhabiting the kitchen counter and the partially completed beaded chandelier* Maybe I'll wait a bit.

do any of you use www.photobucket.com? I use it for storing photos and various other images. When I played a lot on www.gaiaonline.com I needed it for storing my signature stuff.

Write about a time you were controlled by someone or something.
                                What would you do if you won a million dollar lottery?
                                I won't write about the first one because I'm still in the middle of it but it's a topic that is very present in my mind.

If I won a lottery though, assuming I get the money all at one time:
                                I would put half of it away for later. I would redo my house with all custom made stuff and full solar power and have an artist designed back yard. I would also collect art and, if it were more than a million dollars (like, say, the 76 million mega millions) I would buy a nasty drug infested block of houses and convert one side into gallery and art space and the other side into a place for art and education programs for people of all ages.

Yeah, some would go to various other charitable organizations and my nephew's college funds and things like that too but really, a million just doesn't go as far as it used to!!

*places trash can discreetly in the corner*
                                *cough*wrappers*cough*

hey, no preview option???
                                Maybe it's Art.

Comment

Working...
                                X