No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. Talk about no privacy. A keylogger? And whatever happened to trust? I hope my parents don't do that. I didn't know my own email password until last year. My dad had to sign me in.

And I agree with Gryphon's last post. Not the smiley war one, but the one before it. I have just as much fun here as I do with the friends I've met, maybe even more because it's easier to talk on a forum. You can't interupt and everyone gets heard. And there are no awkward pauses.

AvidGamers is back!
    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

• That's sick. Trust means something to people, and so does freedom.

Yeah!!! Avidgamers is back! *dances* First thing I did when I got on the computer was go to VGDawn -- and it worked!!!

Ack, sorry about the smiley wars. It started in an AIM chatroom with Artemis and TD, then moved here. I deleted my Smiley Wars post.

Books... I begged my mom for 'something good to read.' She let me borrow City of Bones by Martha Wells and Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency. I scanned the back of City of the Bones and instantly dove into it. It's such a great book. *huggles copy* It takes place in a world completely different from ours. From written and oral history, people know that the Waste has been kreeping up, slowly covering all of the world. The Fring Cities are at the edge of the Waste. Resources such as water are limited. Charisat is the main city that has power over the others, being at the center of all of the trade rodes. The only city not affected is ((forget it's name)) because it's too far away. In the Waste there are 'pirates', predators, spirits, ect. Actually, I give up describing it. It's so neat and I haven't covered half of it. Simply, it's an awesome book. I'm already on page 100.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• "She let me borrow City of Bones by Martha Wells"
        Hmm... I just read City of Bones by Michael Conneley... that was good. Maybe I should try that one.
        I hate many many parents. INVASION OF PRIVACY!!!! And I'm sorry for the people who have it worse then me, like Diego, that sounds REALLY bad, talk to her or something and tell her to get rid of it, that's just WRONG.And I know some of you guys have it worse, I just got REALLY worked up about it because she a privacy invasion queen. She digs around in my room for stuff, I don't know what and when I was 10 I had a journal and she read it twice... *grumbles* But she says she'll get rid of the Guardian thing, she says it's really annoying. But her explanation for GETTING the stupid thing in the first place was "I just wanted to try out everything I can control you with" URGH. Not only is she the privacy invasion queen, she's a control freak. *grrr!!!* to all invasive parents....
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• Hey! The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency is one of the books I want to read this summer. It looks really good. *book anticipation*
          Well, I think parental blocks are okay as long as they don't get too invasive. There are some things online that are really bad. Not too long ago my brother downloaded something by accident from a fake gaming site. I'm not sure what it was called, but he found it on a search engine. I should ask him... But I know my mom would never read my journal, and she only reads what I write if I show it to her, which isn't often.
          Metaphors be with you.

Comment

• Welcome, to WorldSoul, Calliope! *bounces* JOIN VGDawn and WorldSoul! Wheeee!

Everyone has been saying The Ladies No. 1 Detectave Agency is great. I still need to get around to borrowing someone's copy of the DaVinci Code.

I don't approve of invading people's privacy at all. A parental control/blocker is a good thing, as long as it doesn't mean other people are reading eveyrthing that goes on in your life. You need a little bit of distance!
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Okay, I have a parental control on my internet for the past, I don't know, year? Im sorry Diego and Biw. But, I know how you feel. My dad doesn't really like me reading YW, so, you can guess how he feels about me on a YW site. He told me the other day that I spend to much time on the internet. It does get really annoying. But, there are some people here who I have more in common with than some of my friends. And, I feel like I can talk to yall.

Yay! VGDawn is on!!
              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
              **Neets**
              CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Hehehe.

NitaFan, I'm not sure how old you are, but back in the day when I was still on AOL, it became imperative for my older sister to become a control freak (to her at least. now she's medicated for it.) and she put privacy blocks on my, and my younger siblings accounts. So naturally, I downloaded a keylogger and got the password and changed everything back. It felt good.

We learned this morning never to take migraine meds on an empty stomach with a pepsi. Curse you stomach! Curse the migraines, too!

Ahem.

So at work, we just got in all these videos praising all these heros like Marco Polo and Louis Pasteur. I haven't watched any of them yet, but we all know how these kind of things go. They're always over-dramatized, and teach kids that these people were brilliant, and that's why they solved all the problems of the world. Even if it was just purely mistake. Like Chris Columbus. (The explorer, not the director) That's the (okay, one of the problems) with the US. They always overglorify these people that did nothing, but because they were patriotic, or too stupid to realize that they had screwed up, and discovered something on mistake, they get to be heroes.

I had something else I wanted to say....oh yes.

That's the reason I enjoyed King Arthur so thoroughly. I loved the time period correction. It wasn't made out to be a faery tale. It was fabulous. And the fact that they killed Lancelot before Arthur & Guinevere got married, so Lancelot & Arthur could fight because Guinevere and Lancelot had an affair. That was good too.

Hooray for the Woads!
                http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• In response to keylogger and such. Just get rid of it. Delete it off of your computer. If they pass word it. Get a cam corder and video tape them typing it in. Thats what I would do it worked everytime. Eventually my parents would just give up.
                  "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
                  The sun also rises,
                  The day goes on."

Comment

• My parents would get mad and ban me from the computer if I deleted something they had put on there. Well Diego and BIW, at least you aren't typing anything bad or innapropriate or whatever. Maybe soon your parents will see that and take the keylogger off.

My mom wants to put a block on everything! The computer, tv, and even the radio. I don't think she trusts me (or my dad,) mostly because they always ask me what I'm on and then try to trick me into saying that I'm on bad sites or something. I remember about talking to my dad about going on the internet at the library and he said, "But the library has blocks." Well that doesn't matter to me since I obviously don't need blocks!!!
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I wish I could take of the parental controls on my computer. My mom even had trouble with it. She wanted to go to her college's website and she coulden't get on, she had to ask by email if she could get on. I was laughing sooooo hard.
                      **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• thats sticking it to parents. ugggg parental controls are so stupid anyways do any of you look at "innapropriate" content? Cause I don't and if my parents did that to me it would be so stupid and a waste of time

The sun also rises,
                        The day goes on."

Comment

• I never look at innapropriat things! Or, however you spell it. Nope, it is a waste of time. But, I guess my dad likes being able to see what we do.
                          **Neets**

Comment

• I certainly don't look at innaproptiate content. I don't see the point. And I don't see why your parents don't trust you. It's not like you do anything bad online. I hate control freaks. *grumbles* People LIKE privacy.

Comment

• I don't even know why we have it. If something is blocked, you can click on the little box that is in the corner and pull it up! For some reason my computer does that with the chat so I click on it a nd pull it up, even though it is blocked!
                              **Neets**

Comment

• NITA GET ON THE CHAT I'M THERE WE JUST KEEP MISSING EACH OTHER

The sun also rises,
                                The day goes on."

Comment

Working...
                                X