The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lub you all! You're all friends. *huggles*

I have a few things on my mind. First, lemme write them into my Creative Writing notebook, then I'll post them.

Wheee!!! I just scribbled two pages and a half into my notebook. Yeah, I had a lot to say.

I feel like all of the sugar I had at lunch time (soda and birthday cake - not my B-day; a friend's) has finally caught up with me. I also feel like I have all the bounce and spring as a trampoline (and yes, I've had a lot of experience with trampolines). I entered the dojo with all the spring of a rock. And beleive me, that's not a lot. At all. I really hope you do beleive me. In fact, I hope you don't need me telling you that rocks don't have spring, because that's just sad. Uhoh, I'm rambling. Back on topic! So, I was at karate. Before class, I did what I always do: stretch & work on my kata. I had done my kata earlier today, and it felt really weak. My stances were bad, my punches were off, and my [pronounced key-eye]s faltered (shout Hai! at certain points in the kata). So I was practicing and paying attention to all of the details I needed to work in. Class started, and we went through all of the kihones (Sp? It's pronounced key-hones). Then starter drill. Starter drill is moving around in zenkustadach (sp?). Zenkustadach is the stance that I usually have trouble with in Heian Shodon (my kata). Then, towards the end of class, Sensei (head instructor - wow, I'm doing a lot of parentheses and explaining) seperated me from the rest of the group. He asked me to do my kata, which I felt like I did flawlessly (whoot!) and then round kick. Round kicks weren't explosive enough. At the very end, right before the closing bow, I got a red band on my white belt. That means I'm nearly up a belt, a yellow belt. Wheee! Bonus for kata, lacking in the non-explosive round kick.

WHEEE!!!!! I have more to continue, but maybe I'll post it later.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *sigh* I still don't feel better. If anything, I feel worse. *cough* I don't know how I did on that history test. I know I got the short answer parts right, but the rest... Tests are 60% of the history grade. If I did bad on the test, I do bad in the class.

Enough sad stuff. And bad stuff. My friend's birthday party is Saturday and I don't know what to get her. Hm... Maybe some jewelry...
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• A Border's gift card is what I got my friend. On the condition that she bought either Evanescence or a Linkin Park CD. Hehehe. Or possibly a cute stuffed toy.

Heh. At karate, I noticed someone had a Happy Bunny button on their weapons bad. "Hi, loser." At school today, I saw a boy wearing a live strong bracelet. A few days ago, mom gave the cats tuna fish.

*snort*

Happy Bunny makes me think of Z. Livestrong of Ella. Tuna & M.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I am absolutely no help for the birthday thing- I never know what to get people for their birthdays either. I usually get them books. My friend gives everyone legos.

And Gryph, whenever I see a post by you I have this image of a cat trying to figure out how to type, seeing as cats don't have thumbs. Hehehe. I think it's your avie.

Comment

• HI EVERYONE!

*coughs* Right, I just had mock exams, but they're so over. So HIHIHIHIAMBER OMG YOU'RE BACK LIKE WHOA! And welcome to wildflowers44, and hi again, Amelia. C'est moi, Tui.

And... Zgirl, I know how you feel about the maths, man. Believe me, I do. When i get my integration marks back, we can comiserate about the crappiness, okay?

Kookaburras, heh... when I was staying with my aunti in Aus with my french-exchange-sister Clara, the kookaburras kept waking us up really eraly. Then we saw one when we were walking along the road, and I siad to her, 'look, that's a kookaburra."
            Clara: A what?
            Me: A kookaburra. you know, *does a bad bad imitation*, they wake us up in the morning?
            Clara: But it's so small!

Hee. I like kookaburra sounds though, even when they wake me up... better them than my alarm clock. We don't have birds like that here, but last time I was in Auckland I was woken up by about eight zillion tuis, the birds, not me, on a tree outside the window. That was cool.

And...

<span class="ev_code_RED">Happy Birthday, Ella!</span>
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Lol. Silly northeners. Heh heh.

Well, I had a preetty bad day. Ish. Except for one thing... anyway. First, assembly, second, extra long house period. Dull, dull, dull... dead boring. Then I learnt how to say dead boring in another language. Stinkwielig. It's German, and yes I had that second. Grrr. It'd be ok if I had Herr Myer, but Frau Bennet... Alla will tell you about that. Yes she will. -threatens Alla with a mace-

Then Home Ec, not so bad, but still boring. Sewing prac, again. Not even getting to make fun stuff yet.

Urm... BES, Business and Entrepeneurial Stuides (sp?? -is braindead-) Stinkwielig. Again.

Religion. Need I say more? Dry history, blah blah blah. Perfect oportunity for a nap, but for the need to take notes.

Then fencing, highlight of my day. Whoot. Go me. Alla was there. Yes she was. I had buttermenthols and hugged random people. Yes I did.

Ok, not such a bad day.

Has anyone here noticed that fourth term is always the term when they pretend they're tightening up the rules at school? Hmm. They never bother in 1-2-3 over here.

Comment

• ppc: Don't listen to what anyone tells you about Simon and Garfunkel. They were way before my time and I only discovered them about 15 years ago. *sigh* I think that they are great and I have owned their greatest hits on both tape and CD. *devoted fan*

Wildflower: I don't know what they are talking about with the Topic Foundations or Tumbleweed things either and I have been here like 5 months. Welcome btw: I'm Chani.

OH M: I love it when you post cute nonsensical stuff because it makes me chuckle as always. Keep it up... I miss it. *huggles* And loves to all my girls. Z and Gryphon, and Ella and Semi, and VC and... did I miss anyone... oh yes.. Neets and BIW and TOP and Tui and... *holds head* I am forgetting someone, I know it. *pouts*

Much love to all.
                -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• wildflower:
                  And Gryph, whenever I see a post by you I have this image of a cat trying to figure out how to type, seeing as cats don't have thumbs. Hehehe. I think it's your avie.
                  Hehe. My avie's name is Gryphon too.

Y'know what... I keep getting points off my math tests because I make stupid mistakes. Usually it's dropping a negative. I'd still make it out with an awesome about a hundred score, cuz of my last year's math teacher adding ultrahard extra credit Q's. Usually they were ones that we hadn't learned how to do yet, but, if yuou played around with it right, you'd get it. And I love to play around with numbers. That's how I can stand it when teacher's require systems of linear equations to be solved by substitution. A pointless pain, in my opinion. And yes, I am learning systems of linear equations in my &*^*&%^& math class when I learned them two years ago. I BLOODY KOOKABURRAS HATE INTEGRATED MATH!!! RAHHH!

Oh, but all of my recent tests have been hundreds or near a hundreds (29/30 - point off for naming the solution a triangle when the tip wasn't included; it was a trapezoid), so my average is coming back up. Slowly, yes, but it is rising. The first two 22/30 and 18/30 quizes killed me. Owww!

Happy B-day Ella! I posted it yesterday in the shoutbox.

Heh. My mom was ranting about how the "bloody British don't know how to do anything right." Mom refering to the contaminated flu vaccines.

The tumbleweeds... Ah yes. It's all Alla's fault.

T
                  U
                  M
                  B
                  L
                  E
                  W
                  E
                  E
                  D
                  S

They're battling the DG and GN (Dead Grass and [Dead] Grass' Neighbors) for controll over Earth.

*huggles Chani* You're the greatest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
                    .... That's how I can stand it when teacher's require systems of linear equations to be solved by substitution. A pointless pain, in my opinion. And yes, I am learning systems of linear equations in my &*^*&%^& math class when I learned them two years ago. I BLOODY KOOKABURRAS HATE INTEGRATED MATH!!! RAHHH!
                    Find how to solve them by Guass-Jordan elimination instead. Then, if you still get bored, read up on the Simplex algorithm, and solve them as ineqalities limiting a formula to be maximised. If you're still bored.

By the way... just what *is* intergrated maths? Intergration I am (deeply) familiar with, but I get the impression that intergrated maths is somethign else entirely...
                    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Wilf, from what I understand (my brother having explained this to me a while back)... integrated math is algebra, geometry, etc all rolled into one and you just take math class. They are no longer seperated out into Algebra, Geometry and Advanced Algebra and Precalc/trig. . (makes some sense... usually... I don't know about right at the moment. ... )
                      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Integrated math is trig, geometry, and algebra all mixed together. What that means is I'm learning stuff I already know, but I can't be bumped up to a higher class cuz we also learn stuff we don't know. RAHHH.

ARRRR

Chani's music is awesome.

Comment

• Hmm...I didn't take intergrated math, but it sounds efficient...
                          Speaking of math--calculus needs to die a horrible bloody death, preferably involving sporks.
                          Chani: hee, yep. I thought they were British for the longest time--no idea why, but I know pretty much nothing about New Yorkers. Also '...to England, where my heart lies' threw me. A lot.
                          Tui: Hullo to you too! ^_^ Hurrah for exams. Especially the PSAT. *coughcoughgaspwheezedie*
                          Forgive this one's ramblings, as always.
                          My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I got a 97% on my history test! And a 111 out of 101 on my band written test! *does the happy good grades dance* *falls over coughing* For some reason that's not as nice as it should be. Oh I know why! My throat still kills. Argh, I need to go to the doctor...
                            <3
                            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• wow, all our math until we hit grade 11 and 12 are integrated. . .

In elementary school, everyone learns the same stuff. . . Slopes, fractions, the basics. . . no one gies up or down into harder/more difficult programs. It's "Grade six math." "Grade seven math." "Grade eight math." It's all integrated. . .

By high school, we get split into "Academic" and "Applied." We always choose where we go though, so it doesn't much matter. . . Grade nine, the streams are essentially the same except that Academic, we rip through things faster. . . Grade ten, you see the beginning of the split between the two, because the Applieds don't learn the Quadratic Formula. In Grade ten, we had three massive units, one on Trig, one on Analytic Geometry, and the last on Quadratics. . . It was just called Grade Ten Academic Math.

In grade 11, some splitting happens. . . I mean, Academic students go into Functions, or Functions and Relations (One's university/college, the other is university. . . I'm in the university one), and the only difference between those is that Functions and Relations does a unit on conics and Functions doesn't. And the Applied students go through for College math, also known as something like "Math for Everyday Living" or something like that. . . Completely different, you learn how to calculate your taxes and stuff like that. . . Practical stuff.

Grade 12, the people in Functions and Functions and Relations can go into things like Data Management, Calculus, or Geometry and Discrete Math, and the College kids, I think they go through to another practical math thing. *shrug* I dunno, I'm in Functions and Relations, and I'll probably go through to take Calculus and Discrete.

Comment

• Thanks everyone! I had a good day, except for the math test from hell first period. I thought I understood the concept, but the problems on the test had answers in a format that we hadn't covered: not like it was really foreign, but the problems we did when we were learning the concept had answers in a different format. And geometry needs to die...I miss algrebra ... But I had a good day, all things considered. And I got a 100% on my English paper and a 74/75 on my science test...my friend got the same grade and she freaked out when she saw it because all she saw was the 74 and she thought it was a C...

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala......my cousin is coming! Yay!

AND I GOT ABBA GOLD FOR MY BIRTHDAY! I Abba!
                                *Ella*
                                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                                What could mean more than this?"
                                --Bright Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X