"He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
    The sun also rises,
    The day goes on."

Comment

• Never heard of any of them. Hmm.....
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      **Neets**
      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• WHAT ARE YOU JOKING!?!?!?! NONE OF THEM!?!?!?! :
        "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
        The sun also rises,
        The day goes on."

Comment

• None. Sorry?
          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
          **Neets**
          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• The part that makes me laugh is that I think all of them have written Star Trek books as well. Of course, so has DD. And I don't like Star Trek. At all. But all my favorite authors have added to that collection.

I saw Bill Engvall last Wednesday at the Improv at Ontario Mills (huge mall. smaller than the mall of america, but still...gigantimous). He's so funny. So so funny. I got a tank top and had him autograph it with a sharpie. I will never wear it. I need to find a frame.
            http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• <--- Not-killed avatar, yay!
              Defender said:
              I recommend anything by Terry Pratchett, Anne McCaffery, or Terry Brooks
              But you didn't put Anne McCaffrey in your list of favourite authors, tut-tut.
              Drea said:
              The part that makes me laugh is that I think all of them have written Star Trek books as well.
              Who? Defender's list? Terry Pratchett definitely hasn't written any Star Trek books. I don't think McCaffrey has either. I don't know about Terry Brooks.

For Terry Pratchett's books, his own website has been "under construction" for years, but a fan site has lots of information, including far more books than you'd expect.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Defender:
                I recommend anything by Terry Pratchett, Anne McCaffery, or Terry Brooks
                I'm waiting for a chance to get Hat Full of Sky. I haven't read Anne McCaffery in a while. Well, no, I suppose that isn't correct. I haven't finished one of her books in a while... I have one up on my infamous shelf (which is piled high with unfinished books).

I've never read any Terry Brooks books, but I've heard of him. Maybe I should.

Wadaya mean you've never heard of any, Nitafan??? None?!? Never heard of the Dragon Riders of Pern? Or the great A'Tuin, featured in the Defender's avatar?

Oh, oh, I changed M's avatar! It hasn't been uploaded, but I'll get to that.

Uploaded. Here:

Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Defender I love Anne McCaffery!! After DD and Eragon Anne Mc Caffery is next!! I love her Dragons of Pern books and I've just started re-reading and buying her brain-ship books!!! oh I just thought I would mention that when I looked yesterday no one had seemed to realize that CP is ...Christopher Paolini who writes the Eragon trilogy!!! Thought that was an easy one
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Oh, I like the M-with-cats avatar .

What's Z doing to my avatar? What, what, what?

Anyway, I've protected him by putting a hard hat on his head. (I also lightened his skin colour.)

On books, I've just finished rereading Door Into Fire and Door Into Shadow is next on the list. Hat Full of Sky is third in the queue after that.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Hehe, I love your new avatar PM. Blue is a nice color.

I haven't read any of the Door books. The only ones of DD that I've read are the Young Wizard series and The Book of Night With Moon.

CP is an easy one? I haven't read his books, nor did I know that was the authors name. So I wouldn't have gotten it. But I know BiW would've... I swear, we're going to have to fill up every hole that exists. Silly BiW.

S'finx is the calico; Kioui is the all-white. They're brother and sister. And wizards.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I love Anne McCaffery's books. I've read a lot of them. I like the Rhapsody trilogy, by Elizabeth Haydon. I'm reading Requiem for the Sun right now. I just finished the Mode series by Piers Anthony. It was pretty good. The Supernaturalist was really good. Um... I can't think of any others right now.

I'm trying to find a better avatar, but I'm not having much luck.
                        <3
                        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Now, see PM, I thought your Avie was wearing a bicycle helmet. Of course I'm never right about these things. It's early and my fingers aren't working. Curses.

Eh. Eragon. Not really my thing. Major props for Chris Paolini for writing it at 18, and being published and selling loads of copies. One of which I have. I just can't get passed the first chapter. I tried. I really tried. It just doesn't interest me.

I so saw King Arthur on opening day. Highly recommend it. I love Guinevere. I need to learn how to use a bow and arrow.
                          http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• Oh, so that's what the Defender's avatar is...heheh.
                            King Arthur is on my list of movies to see this summer. I'm still waiting for the chance to drag my little brother to Spiderman with me. And then I have vague plans to see HP3 with one of my friends 'someday....'

Oh, and on abortion: there's always adoption.
                            Metaphors be with you.

Comment

• Drea:
                              Major props for Chris Paolini for writing it at 18, and being published and selling loads of copies.
                              I could be wrong, but aren't his parents publishers? Who published his books?

Yes, see HP3 and then you can rant with the rest of us! Did you see everyone's comments about that? OMG, they screwed the patronas, added in these freaky heads (for comedy, I'm guessing) that should belong in a horror movie, an ape-werewolf, ect...

I want to see the second Spiderman. I hope we get a chance soon.

Thanks everyone, for the books. I'll just hope that I can find them somewhere. *rants about library...*

Comment

• I tried not to read them. I want to be able to rant on my own without knowing what's going to happen. ^.~

Books...I'm reading Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. It's nice and big but I don't know if I like it yet. The book before that was Lost in a Good Book, by Jasper Fforde. (Thanks meteorite!) It's the sequel, so you'd have to read The Eyre Affair first. He ended the second one in a semi-cliffhanger so I have to drag everyone back to the library soon. ^_^
                                Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X