No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, completely changing the topic, but MICHEAL PHELPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I'm obsessed. A few posts back M asked if he won the silver. Actually, in his first race he won gold, in the relay the US got bronze (South Africa won by a LOT) and in the 200 free he got bronze. Ian Thorpe won. BOO HISS IAN THORPE! He's from Australia, if anyone was interested. I'm so sad. I really wanted him to win all eight golds, and now he won't. *tear*
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• I really really wish I had BBC or CBC coverage of the Olympics, rather than NBC. I seem to be turning the sound off a lot, rather than hearing the idiot commentary by know-nothings.

I also seem to be taping BRAVO's middle-of-the-night extension of MSNBC's coverage, given that all the "arty" sports are winding up there: archery, fencing, equestrian, etc.

And yay! they're actually covering Women's Modern Pentathalon this time (midnight, Friday)! (I still can't believe they screwed up and skipped it in Sydney, given that it was the first time women were allowed to compete in Modern Penthalon--and it's the only sport that was invented for the Olympics. Definitely my fave sport to watch because you never get to see it any other time [the five events are swimming, air pistol, fencing, riding (on a random mount, not your own), and running].
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I've heard of that, but never seen it. Basically all I've seen so far are gymnastics (insane), synchronized diving, (even more insane, especially the commentators who nit pick beyond reason "her feet were a millimeter apart, she's going to get marked down for that, and they entered the water about a trillionth of a second apart, big mark downs for that"), biking (how do they do it?), and swimming, which I love so much! It's FINALLY on TV. I think it's been on tv ONCE besides the Olympics, which is totally insane. I only wish i had seen the men's 200 free. That must have sweet.

Comment

• *sigh* Its been almost 2 days since I have been on the togr.. I think I missed some stuff. What are we talking about? Oh, olympics. I have watched swimming and gymnastics, my fav olympic events, every night with my family. Romania has to have one of the best gymnastics teams! The USA is good too. But, Romania is a tad better. And I saw when Puerto Rico played the USA. omg, that was good. The US team was bad..Puerto Rico's was pretty good. And they were all shorter! It was so funny to see the Puerto Ricans next to the US team. But, Latinos are usally short..Anyways, anything else I missed?
          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
          **Neets**
          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• ROMANIA ROX! Don't ask, I have an obsession for Romania. I really wanted them to win the men's gymnastics.

Comment

• i was watching the men's beach volleyball the other day and learned how they use dutch sand in the inbounds area and greek sand in the out-of-bounds area because dutch sand is finer or something like that. does this not seem kind-of dumb to anyone else? it all looked like white sand to me. plus, wouldn't it get all mixed up anyway from people running in and out of bounds and who is going to go through and separate grains of sand? i just thought that was kind-of an odd thing to do. oh, the result of that game was USA beat Australia. GO USA!
              Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
              "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

• Sorry all you math-haters, but I haver to agree with Gryphon. Math is your friend! I love math! It's my second best subject. (first is science) I'm not sure if I have geometry in eighth grade. I did in seventh. It was funfunfun!!!!

My mom might home school my brother this year. The board of education wants to have him comtinue speech class, Special Ed. and stuff like that, but my mom doesn't want him to cause it makes him feel stupid, which he is not. Evil school people.... CURSE THEM ALL!!!! (except the nice people)

School is awesome. Sometimes. I love the state testing we have at the end of the year. So fun. We get to miss classes, and the tests are so incredibly easy, it's almost unbearable, and they don't even let you bring a book to read when you finish! It's EVIL!

Wow, practically my whole post was just one huge rant about school. Huh. Oddness.
                Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• BIW-I'll give you a rant about school.
                  ARGH! *CRIES*
                  It's my first year of Jr. High School. And the school won't give me a pal to survive through being a newbie in the rl. I hate it. All and I mean ALL my friends are in the same homeroom in section C. And I'm in section A, across the school. We're not gonna be in any of the same classes or lunch group and I'm miserable just thinking about it. Because I know, if I'm not in the same classes as my friends, I'll be in the same classes with the people I dislike so deeply.
                  *more crying* I hate fortune cookies mine just said, "You'll be in a position where you have to work on your skills with connecting with people."
                  Well connect this! *stomps on cookie.*
                  I swear my teachers are getting me back, I mean on the last day of school my teacher told me I was 'full of *it*' And guess what? I'm still in the stinkin 9th grade math.
                  penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Today was my first day. *groan* For some reason my teacher Mrs. Drake reminds me of a dragon... My Algebra teacher is really nice. Most of my teachers are. We didn't get break, so I didn't eat anything till 12:15. Starvation!
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• I went to High School by myself... All my friends went to the other high school, but I chose to go to mine... It has a better rep, hehehe...

It'll be fine, don't worry about it. And it's not the school's job to give you a pal. And even if you hate the people you're with... *shrug* If it gets really really bad, ask them to switch you out. My school had to switch me out of a class because I had a emotional breakdown in it and my friend went to her counselor telling the counselor to switch me out. *shrug* Usually, they'll switch you out if you have severe difficulty getting along with the people around you. And if all else fails, get really really depressed and cry a lot. Heh.

And it's a new school... How do you KNOW you're going to dislike everyone you're with? Do you know who's in your classes already? You're not going to help matters if you're already saying "I know I'm going to hate the people there."

...Gods, I sound so out of personality. But like I said. If it's really really bad, get really depressed and cry a lot.

Comment

• I cry 2 times a year and get angry about 30. I try to be optimistic. If I'm sad I pig out on popcorn and fortune cookies. If I get hurt I suck it up.
                        I just don't want to be in the same homeroom with 1 person. And I think I am.
                        Ahhh I'll stop whining. I'm such a little brat.
                        *goes back to eating fortune cookies*

Comment

• You're not a brat. This one guy I've known since 2nd grade is in my LA and Lit. class. He's such a pain. *groan* He always goofs off in class and talks to people. He sits beside me. He's the only one who's really annoying, though. (I hope)
                          <3
                          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Eesh. Poor you Z. I hate being in classes where I have no friends. TOP is my best friend and we haven't had any classes together, except for P.E. once every other week, for i think several years. We might have had one class together sometime... I don't know. Anywho, lol. Evil fortune cookie. For the most part, I don't understand my fortunes, and if I do, I don't care about what is says.

Annoying people. Eesh. Wow. Lots of them in my grade. Last year, I had to sit behind this one kid. He's so annoying, and he was in all of my groups for projects, reading groups, and stuff like that. He's stupid, and convinced that every LA teacher is out to fail him. Other than that he's funny. In my year book he wrote, "Hi, I used to sit next to you in language arts." Lol.

I should be going to a different school this year, because I moved out of the school district. But my dad still lives in the district, so i can still go to the same school. Which is awesome.

I'm getting sick talking about school. I'm going to a dance this thursday. I have to see if TOP is comeing. If she is't, that's ok. I'll force her. She never dances. it's annoying because I spend half of my time, trying desperatly to drag her out onto the dance floor. So stubborn is she! I hope there are new DJ's this time. Last time, they sucked. Phoo Hicky. I have to go. Evil
                            Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• After a lot of wet weather, I've been wanting a few dry, sunny days.

Tonight was yet another flash light tag night. Fltag is awesome. I got home from shopping at the mall, clothes shopping, feeling pretty stressed. Pretty much all of the day was a blah kind of day, then when I went shopping, everything grated on my nerves, and all of my thoughts were negative. Buck Whiley was at our house, getting ready for flashlight tag up the street with my brother. After my awful day, I really didn't feel like playing flashlight tag. I just got on dark clothes and stayed at the base, just talking with all of the caught people and being a referee. I sat around for 15 minutes, then went home, promising that I'd be back. At home I got sidetracked. My parents where watching the Olympics. I think the judges where scoring unfairly on the gymnists. Very unfairly. Ah well; there's not much you can do. Then it started to pour. I could hear the rain pounding on the roof. So much for dry weather, but I mine as well enjoy hard rain while it lasts. I ran all the way up the street and back.

Now to reply to everyone else's posts...

*huggles, M* Our country needs to pay a lot more attention to public schools and private schools. It's sick how some people don't think education is important. Some people meaning the people who are in a position to do something for it.

Ahhh, not Ruper Grint!!!!!

Welcome Telaldalin! Hey, I'm Gryph. Neat username... it's fun to say.

BiW:
                              School is awesome. Sometimes. I love the state testing we have at the end of the year. So fun. We get to miss classes, and the tests are so incredibly easy, it's almost unbearable, and they don't even let you bring a book to read when you finish! It's EVIL!
                              Yeah, I actually really like end of the year testing, but everyone looks at me funny when I say things like that... You also have to understant that some people literally break down over tests and get terrible grades, even though they're really smart. You can't judge it down to the last point because of that.

Z, talk to them about it. Honestly. Ask if you can change classes.

Angel_Star:
                              Today was my first day. *groan* For some reason my teacher Mrs. Drake reminds me of a dragon... My Algebra teacher is really nice. Most of my teachers are. We didn't get break, so I didn't eat anything till 12:15. Starvation!
                              That's honestly her last name? OMG, so funny.

Sometimes at school I feel like an outcast. I think too much about what people might be thinking about me. And I never feel like I'm acting like who I am.

*huggles all* ROFLMAO!!! I can't stop laughing. You all should come to chat more. I'd paste our entire conversation, but it's way way too long.
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:

Sometimes at school I feel like an outcast. I think too much about what people might be thinking about me. And I never feel like I'm acting like who I am.
                                That's what I feel like when I'm around mostly anybody who's not one of my close friends. Like I can't really say what's on my mind. I called my friend and she said her older sister said that the lists have nothing to do with homerooms. But I'm pretty convinced they do.
                                I'm not mad that I'm not in a homeroom with my friends.
                                I'm mad because they're all in one together.
                                I know that's pretty selfish but that's how I feel.
                                You guys seriously know me better than almost anyone else does...

Comment

Working...
                                X