No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must say I'm glad the TOGR has calmed down. Having not been on for three days, it's only grown 3 pages, as opposed to about thirty at one point...

Who watched the debate?? YAY DEBATE! BTW, there's this website for American kids through grade 8 to vote for what candidate they want for President. Obviously it doesn't count, but stil...and Kerry's winning! Yay! (Guess who I voted for.)

I am soooooo tired. My birthday party was yesterday and early this morning. Sleepover. It was so fun, but we went to bed at 5 am and I only got 4 hours of sleep, and bad sleep at that (I kept waking up). And my mom won't let me nap because I'll stay up late tonight then...

NEED MORE OLD-SCHOOl SEVENTIES ROCK! AC/DC!
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Ahhh! Ella remember when you talked about those lance armstrong cancer band thingys? I am just starting to see those all around. And now I really want them! My mom told me to look at the bike stores. BTW-Did you ever get one?

Happy belated birthday!!!! How old are you turning? *hands a toblerone to ella.* It's you present!

NO ACDC! EVERYBODY LIKES IT. Half the people in my school have an ACDC shirt on. (WITH the lightning bolt right?) It gets annoying...I've never heard any of their so ngs though...
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Don't worry, you aren't missing much, its good music but there are much better bands out there.

Comment

• They both suck. And the site sucks too because they put Puerto Rico as a state. Puerto Rico is not just another star.
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Leah, wait. Nicknames just happen.

All for an hour out of school. What does the fund raiser raise money for?

I watched all of the debate. It started getting really repetitive after a while. Same issues, same ideas, same answers, even. Arrh.

Read about the presidents in Ella's link. This is a good Kerry point:
            He wants to reform public education and address children's issues by ensuring good teachers, smaller classes, and character education.

That's really important. Everything here is overcrowded. They're thinking about closing a few schools, making everything else even more crowded. Arrrg. The pol is really close.

Happy Birthday! I'd make a cake, but...

So tired... snore.

Puerto Rico as a state? Well, the definition of a state is to have all of these: population, territory, government, and sovereighnty. America counts as a state, but the states inside it really aren't states by that definition. They don't have soverighnty.

[adds:]

Remember Julius and Skittles? Well, for the members who weren;t here when I talked about them, I'll explain the story.

Buck Whiley, my brother's friend, wanted to adopt two cats from an animal shelter. One was a sweet black and white cat. He named that one Skittles. He was sick for a while; whoever had been giving him medicine before he was adopted was doing a bad job; there was medicine spread all over his fur. Buck Whiley didn't have a house then. He had an apartment, and until they moved into their house, they couldn't care for the cats. So we did. First we got Skittles, then Julius, a tiny orange kitten, about a week after Skittles. After three weeks of caring for the cats, we gave them back to Buck Whiley.

But... it turns out they can't keep the cats. Or at least not Skittles. Skittles is such a sweet kitten. He's nearly full grown. I'll exlain the whys later.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
              bloke
              noun:- an Australian male. To call someone a "good bloke" is to give them a compliment.

Sheila
              noun:- a common term for an Australia female, usually single and probably good looking. It probably originated from the high number of female immigrants from Ireland called Sheelagh.

Wanker isn't coming up.

Wheeeee.... still sugarinated!
              Wanker speaks for itself doesn't it? , but if you don't understand it : Wanker: noun- a derogatory term for an annoying person, generally a male, but it can be used as an affectionate term when someone has done something stupid.

Here's the website

Bloody kookaburras!! its too early here *sobs* I have two of them in a tree outside my house and they keep laughing evertime i try to get some sleep ... For those who don't know this is what a kookaburra looks like - and there is even a sound file sos you can hear its call

*sticks up for aussie band* ACDC is good!!! Or I like them anyway - they played at my mums senior dance before they became popular

*has just seen the 'desert' topic on vgdawn and is pondering a friendly tumbleweed character .. or someone who is obsessed with them :bouncegrin*

thats all for now

Comment

• Alla? your forward. it kills me. It IS Australia.

And randomly, in the spirit of randomness? I'm really hungry and I want a lamington.

And I wanted to mention that the people who are naming what used to be KiT are silly. And need to make up their minds, the fools. *shakes head*
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdhead:
                  And I wanted to mention that the people who are naming what _used_ to be KiT are silly. And need to make up their minds, the fools. *shakes head*
                  Since it now has an official website, presumably Ring of the Nibelungs is the final title.

Huh? You say that www.kingdom-in-twilight.com was also the official website for a while? How about that? Maybe that was the final title too . But I just tried that site, and couldn't get to it.
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdhead:
                    Alla? your forward. it kills me. It IS Australia.

And randomly, in the spirit of randomness? I'm really hungry and I want a lamington.
                    I know!!! *looks around for a packet of lamingtons and gives one to tui* or would you rather a vegimite sanger?

yay! i'm going down the 'Coast today surfers, shopping and playing spot the local in Surfer's (the Coast is aka as the Gold Coast and it is where many people get their idea of Queensland life from by the way. Surfer's Paradise is the central bit where all the touristy stuff is)

Comment

• HEY PEOPLES! I haven't posted here in, like forever. I'm being forced to get of of the computer. My dad's girlfriend's son is threatening to restrain me with duct tape. Lol. Not that I care. I'd love to be duct taped up. Lol. I'm going insane! LALALA!!! *falls in hole*
                      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• What the heck is the lamington? I know what vegimite is though...*barfs!* Mary Kate and Ashley movies are educational.
                        Kookabura's outside your window huh? I have the same problems with crows and cardinals and bluebirds and chickadees and everything else. Minnesota has WAY too many birds. BTW-Bloody Kookaburras! That's what I'm gonna say instead of swearing now thanks to alla!
                        Gryph- Ahhh...those kitties sounds so cute!! Poor Skittles! *cries* (I don't really know what I'm crying about yet but I just feel like crying.)
                        Fund Raiser money is for different classrooms, stuff for the science labs, more classes! You know most schools have at least a spanish or music class? We need money to afford music teachers and spanish classes for younger grades...It's basically for the PTA.

Comment

• *listens to Kookaburra* AHAHAHA!!!

I'm so upset about the cats. I have to tell you a bit more about Buck before I start on the cats, though.

Buck's life is awful. Pretty much all of what I've said about him is that he's my brother's friend. Well, there's a lot more to him than that. There's more to everyone. His favorite brother commited suicide. His parents are divorced. He had to move away from our neighborhood because his house was falling apart and there was no way his mom could pay for any of it. For a while he lived in an apartment. He wasn't near any of his friends. At least his current house is within biking distance. But now they have to get rid of Skittles and possibly Julius too. Why? His older sister who lives with them has a son, about two years old. The kid doesn't really know how to play with cats, and he's being mean to them. So right now Skittles is at Buck's sister's house. We can't adopt Skittles. I want to so bad, but mom won't let us. Says four cats are too many. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter at all. Skittles is a sweet, calm cat. He'll be put down if they can't do anything about it.

Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Ahhh *cries* Seriously that is so sad! OMG.
                            Isn't that a horrible thought...someone you know commiting suicide...bloody kookaburras that's horrible.

Comment

• awww, that is so sad. I couldn't imagine what that has got to feel like. I mean I have two older brothers, but never would any of them comitt (sp) suicide. O I am so sry. WOW!

Anyway lets get off that topic. I haven't been on in forever. That is sad. *laughs to herself* anyway... so... O I have to get on "dawn of the conquers age" I forgot.

~Danzrgrl101~
                              "My horns are holding up my halo but my halo is getting too heavy for the horns to hold up... GRAVITY...HELP!"
                              "Sorry, I couldn't resist mate...Oh, by the way nice hat" -Pirates of the Carribean
                              "You've got to have been

Comment

• Originally posted by Zgirl:
                                What the heck is the lamington? I know what vegimite is though...*barfs!* Mary Kate and Ashley movies are educational.
                                Kookabura's outside your window huh? I have the same problems with crows and cardinals and bluebirds and chickadees and everything else. Minnesota has WAY too many birds. BTW-Bloody Kookaburras! That's what I'm gonna say instead of swearing now thanks to alla!
                                Ok... lamingtons are pieces of sponge cake, that are covered in chocolate and coconut they taste great!!! I guess vegemite is more of an acquired taste thought - you have to know how to eat it. The trick is, you must have it with butter or margarine and _never_ spread it thickly unless you really like its sour taste ... i'm guessing you had it straight, did you?
                                Just a little bit about the whole 'bloody kookaburras' thing... Down Under 'bloody' is a general way of expressing dissent towards something (i.e. the kookaburra's were annoying me, therefore 'bloody kookaburras'). If you want to use it in a more general way, you could try 'bloody (insert word here)' or 'bloody oath!'. On the other hand, it can be used to just add emphasis to something. For example 'bloody ripper, (mate)' means great work/good job and is generally said in a louder voice. Hope that helps a little - of course you can keep using 'bloody kookaburras' if you want .

*Read's Gryph's post* Thats so sad . Can i send a hug to Buck to help make him fell better? And one to skittles too? *sends huggles*. Gryph, do you have a cubby house? Cos you could try to keep skittles there if you do. My mum rescued a cat that was being mistreated and kept it in her cubby until her mum found it and then it was adopted - and she ended up having 14 litters of kittens. They already had one cat at the time and they 'borrowed' cat food to feed her and everything. Just a thought.

oh welll... hope it all works out anyways.

Alla

Comment

Working...
                                X