No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing I love about this thread is that nobody minds, much, if I'm being random. I actually went to look up the OotP thread to see if I could put this there, but it seems to have disappeared...oh well.
    Anyway, a recent conversation made me wonder--what HP ships do you (plural) sail?

Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere else very quickly. But if they say "Enter", don't stop to pack.
    --Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Well, the EEWWGTARHWIRHAITNTBSNTGALABALMFOEIWNGAWHS told me I had not the right. It told me for no reason! I SWEAR! Oh, and I'm still winding up for the biggest slap the world has seen...

brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
      --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
      brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• What do you mean HP ships?

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I think she means all the different websites and webzines that Avi posts on, about Harrpy Potter (henceforth HP). By the way, Avi, I love your avie. Funny. That's kind of punny, Avi and avie... Puts a little sunshine in our day. I love those of us who have yet to change our avies...it makes it easier to keep track...

brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Um...Avi is my real name it's a jewish name

Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
            Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com

Comment

• see i knew u were jewish all along......I'm so smart. Since Marnie dosnt like one liners i desided to make it two lines...
              (I'm jewish too)
              ~*Lakie*~

~*Lakie*~
              Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!

[This message was edited by lakey on 30 November 2003 at 16:44.]

[This message was edited by lakey on 30 November 2003 at 16:45.]
              ~*Lakie*~
              Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!

Comment

• good for you!

Comment

• Please no one liners!!!! (ACK! I'm starting to sound like Lee... Not like that's a bad thing of course, )

*Agent~M*
                  "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                  "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                  "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

• I seem to be in a good company. Umm, let me come up with another line..oh, I already did.
                    Dai Stiho, people!

Comment

• Stop the madnessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!
                      Please?

Sharky

"Footsteps in the sand, show where you have been, show where you are going, but when they dissapear, never dismiss the possiblility of flight..."
                      ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                      +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• Now how could we do that? This message board was meant for madness!!

Comment

• p.s. Has anyone else noticed that in the book "Stealing the elf kings roses" ( by Diane Duane) the main characters name is the same as this forum's advisor ( Lee Enfield)

Comment

• OK, guys, let's define ships, shall we?
                            Now, the first and mroe common version is the one that floats on the ocean and goes up and down. With sails. Yeah.

The second one is an abbreviation of relationships, and it refers to romantic partnerships you support in a book/movie/whatever. Sometimes it can be intrusive, but with Harry potter it's fun. For a complete list of ships see: The SCUSA Master Shipname List, which covers literally ALL ships from Aberquaffle and Snitch to the Unrequited Haunt (Roger/Katie and Harry/Myrtle respectively. NO, I do not support these ships.)

My ships: the Good Ship R/H, SS Orange Crush, SS The Government Stole My Toad, The One True Way (HMS Wolfstar) SS Fang and Flora. (The first three tend to be known as the Canonballs. because they're canon. It's just RIGHT.)

But I'll read lots of stuff, really. Wotcher Wolvie especially. Meh. Ships. *bounce* Shipping is fun.

Lee Enfield in Stealing the elf-king's Roses is I think named after "our lee" (er, that sounded wierd.) Yeah. (I found this mildly confusing, may I add. )

And One Liners: OK. there is a REASON we don't like one-liners, and that is because they are STUPID POINTLESS ANNOYING MESSAGES, otherwise known as SPAM. If you're going to post, post somethign worthwhile, because this is not an idle problem we have. Posts cost DD money. The more pointless, five-second one liners you post,t he more DD has to pay. This isn't to say that we can't be frivolous. But try to be frivolous with substance, if you get my meaning.

Welcome aboard, guys...

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                            --Agent M
                            Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Well, since this is a place for randomness...

Here's a weird quote from an article about Intel's efforts to continue shrinking CPU size:

"One extremely theoretical potential idea is to reuse electrons. In current architectures, electrons travel from a source to a drain and then are destroyed. With recycling, "you simply transfer the electron to something else," Gargini said. "You can make a lot of calculations without destroying the electrons."

http://news.com.com/2100-7337-511206...?tag=nefd_lede

"and then are destroyed"??? Does the P4 come with an antimatter processing unit or something? :-) no wonder the chips get hot...

Ardub
                              r:w)
                              Ardub
                              r:w)

Comment

• Interesting. Avi, I never said Avi wasn't your real name. You sounded offended. I'm sorry. I meant that your AVATAR, or avie, was really nice, because it puts a little sunshine in a gray day, and I noticed that Avi and avie were puns is all. Homonyms...I think is what you call it. Don't be angry!

brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag
                                brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag

Comment

Working...
                                X