No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm... I've never ever been very canon, so I'm really okay with most things. I'm not much for slash though...

I'm a Fire and Ice fan, oh DEFINITELY... ^^'' hehehehehe... Sometimes I like Redeemed!Draco, sometimes not... Sometimes I prefer Evil!Ginny.. but I like it best when when both are ambiguous... ^^

Flaxen and Flame is also nice... ^^ hehehe... I need more fanfiction!!!! AHHH!!! ^^

Inky Boots is nice... I've never been much for canon ships, okay?

Hmm... overall, I'm pretty good with all ships, really.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Y'know, I think I remember reading somewhere that matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed. Maybe Intel knows something I dont?

I've been rereading Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. It's in it's original Olde English, so it's a little hard to understand, and MAN, did that guy use a lot of latin. I don't remember that much in English Lit.

"Know that your words haue woon me at the last,
      To practice Magicke and concealed arts:
      Yet not your words onely, but mine owne fantasie,
      That will receiue no object for my head,
      But ruminates on Negromantique skill,
      Philosophy is odious and obscure,
      Both Law and Phisicke are for pettie wits,
      Diuinitie is basest of the three,
      Vnpleasant, harsh, contemptible and vilde,
      Tis Magicke, Magicke that hath rauisht mee..."

I think Negromantique refers to Necromancy. Interestingly, Negromancy would probably mean, literally, 'the black arts,' or some such.

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
      'Mancer
      Foam Poet
      "It was a bad line and a prank call, someone spouting insane babble; I couldn't make sense of it. But I had an overwhelmeing sense of deja vu, and the caller's voice sounded oddly familiar."

Comment

• lol it's ok I just didn't understand what you meant oh and btw that's the logo of my kids/teens site Schoolz Out.com Take a look!

Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
        Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com

Comment

• Ok. I think I will. Owie Owie Owie! I just cut myself. That's weird. I'm sucking on my finger to blood like medical procedure demands, and my finger tastes like avacodos. Maybe it's that new hand soap. I was in this store the other day and there was this giant cross stitch pattern for Fire and Ice. It looked really stupid. Band-aid. Much better. Hey--has anyone read Noel-Anne Brennan?

brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
          --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
          brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• oh dear, it has been like 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!! no not really....that doesn't make sense.... well anyways I was grounded from the net for like 5 monthes......darn my parents well anyways my attetntion span is too short to read all the 50 pages I missed (I am exagerating thank you...) ok randomness! oh joy! PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN COMES OUTON DVD today..!!!!! and welcome all new comers who I have not welcomed when you first were welcomed by my fellow welcomers.... god that was really confusing.....and a tongue twister...and did you know they are only taking actors form the U.K. for parts as kids in the harry potter movies...I am in devastation..not Like I would act on it but....ok...I must leave...we have corn beef mmmm and random alreday stated fact ....I'm jewish too! heehe ok bye...oh wait! I forgot to mention I went to a concert...A perfect Circle..they rock! yeah well the intro band was Year of the Rabbit and they signed their cd's and I got it signed and yeah It still spells like permant marker too!!! ok..Now I really have to leave...farewell

......moose?.....um green?.........oh yes CHEESE!!!....
            I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

• Welcome back! I'm watching a bad translated Anaconda on local TV. So fake.

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Interesting...Back to MY question (just kidding) Has anyone read Noel-Anne Brennan? She is very good. I feel very sad today.
                Wonder why.

brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Rysade? That's a lil closer to late middle english, not old english.

Have you ever seen Middle English? It's... really hard to read. THAT was just "Le Morte D'Arthur" level of difficulty... Find a really old copy of Sir Gawain.. That's Middle English. My art teacher had a copy, he showed me... Old English is even harder. You want proof?

Here- I'll write the Lord's Prayer in Old English and Middle English. I hope you all know it...

Old English:

Fæder ure
                  thu the eart on heofonum,
                  si thin nama gehalgod;
                  tobecume thin rice;
                  gewurthe thin willa on eorthan swa swa on heofonum;
                  urne gedæghwamlican hlaf syle us to dæg;
                  and f****f us urne gyltas swa swa we f****fath urum gyltendum;
                  and ne gelæd thu us on costnunge,
                  ac alys us of yfele. Sothlice

Middle English:

Oure fadir
                  that art in heuenes,
                  halewid be thi name;
                  thi kyngdoom come to;
                  be thi wille don in erthe as in heuenes;
                  gyue to vs the dai oure breed ouer othir substaunce;
                  and f****ue to vs oure dettis, as we f****uen to oure dettouris;
                  and lede vs not in to temptacioun,
                  but delyuere vs fro yuel. Amen.

Keep in mind that it won't be the EXACT Lord's Prayer you know- it will have evolved and changed, dropping some words, adding others. Note?

I pulled this from my encyclopaedia- don't you DARE imply I'm mistaken.

Comment

• okay...

Sorry about the exed out bits. You can find it by yourself, probably somewhere, and the evil filter should figure out that when words are WITHIN words, they don't have the same meaning................

Comment

• sorry bc, to ignore rudely ignore your question, but I haven't heard of that author..sorry....um yeah....hmmmmmmmm....I am going to say something productive in a moment ..its um....hmmmmm i anyone likes harry potter fan fic go to www.schnoogle.com it has a bunch of fan fic and a buncha categories...

Comment

• did you guys like my coming soon page?

Comment

• Mmm, le morte d'arthur, my best friend read that (she pinched it off her sister, who's taking Stage 1 english.) I never got it, but I meant to.

Middle English: cool! Old English was really hard. Hmm. Interesting stuff.

I Need to read more Quality stuff. Sigh.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                          --Agent M
                          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I'm sorry...I haven't been on forever, because I got e-grounded. Anyway...
                            re ships: Yeah, I meant 'ship' like 'relationship.' Personally, I ship Leather&Libraries and Orange Crush. Hmm...for some reason, I can't stand Fire and Ice. Maybe that's just because I think Draco and Hermione belong together...then again, I don't mind H/Hr. Oh well. But honestly, that's my least favorite ship among live students of magic.
                            re Middle/Old English: I love the way both of them sound. My medieval lit. teacher can read Olde English with the proper accents etc.

Words are the litmus paper of the minds. If you find yourself in the power of someone who will use the word "commence" in cold blood, go somewhere else very quickly. But if they say "Enter", don't stop to pack.
                            --Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
                            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• If you ever go to www.fanfiction.net then go to Lucky Day...well, just don't. It's gross. Just DON'T. Yeah, ppc, you've been gone. Hey, I saw the coming soon page, Avi. Can't wait for soon!

brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag
                              brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• E-grounding SUX.
                                *hugs* Much, much sympathy (I think mine's finally worn off, happily) and understanding.

*is not going to get into the whole ron and hermione being MADE for each other* BUT THEY SO ARE.
                                Yeah.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                                --Agent M
                                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X