Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How'd you know!?! PHSCIC!!!!!!!

*Agent~M*
    "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
    "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
    "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• Congratulations, Ella!
      And, er, about Survivor... are condolences appropriate?

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
      --Agent M
      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I know this was a long time ago, but the bend it like beckham soundtrack rox. I should start listening to it now. I"m going to switch cds. Stupid thing was in my other cd player. Aaaaahhhhhhh. I love this song. Can't really post the lyrics, they're in Panjabi. All i know is "Feeling hot hot hot" and "ole ole, ole ole" and something that sounds like "ouchi gemba hay" funfun. I hate spongebob too, but the song is good. I get my report card in like a week or something. Creepy. And even more creepy is the fact that I move in two days. It's the first time I've moved in 11 years. I need a change of scenery.

I promise I will use no more fun funs
        "and really bad eggs.."POTC
        Be happy life is good
        I promise I will use no more fun funs
        The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
        Be happy life is good

Comment

• Hmmm. I suppose. I wouldn't understand being kept in the same place for a long time. I'm listening to Dido, See you when you're 40. I hope the next part shows in italics...
          [I] I've driven round in circles for three hours
          it was bound to happen that i'd end up at yours
          I temporarily forgot there's better days to come
          I thought i would give it just one more chance

cuz i want tonight what i've been waiting for
          but i found tonight what i'd been warned about

you think you are complicated deep mystery to all
          well it's taken me a while to see you're not so special
          all energy no meaning with a lot of words
          so paper-thin that one real feeling could knock you down

and i've seen tonight what i'd been warned about
          i'm gonna leave tonight before i change my mind

so see you when you're forty lost and all alone
          being comforted by strangers you'll never need to know
          not sad because you lost me
          but sad because you thought it was cool to be sad [I]

There. I cut off the end. I'm more of a sad music person.

brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
          --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
          brokencello
          the crinkled paper bag
          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• BC: it nearly worked: you just need to put in a slahs.

Uh. I mean one of these: / in front of the second I.
            *has song stuck in head now*
            But I've been listening to my mix CD, so IT'S ALL GOOD. Jewel, Smashmouth, Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel... whee!
            "If I make a mark in time
            I can't say that mark is mine
            I'm only the underline
            of the word
            'cause I'm like you
            just like you
            I can't tell you what to do
            like everybody else I'm searching through
            what I've heard..
            Wooa, where do you go
            When you don't want no-one to know?
            Who told tomorrow
            Tuesday's dead?"

--Agent M

Comment

• I love Cat Stevens. I never look at the lyrics though, so is that one song called "My Lady "dabanni"" or what? I never caught her name. Let's see if this italices. It's a test, Birdhead! Hi, guys! Is this in Italics? . Hope so. Ciao.

brokencello
              the crinkled paper bag
              brokencello
              the crinkled paper bag
              "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• My Lady d'Arbanville/ why do you sleep solow, why do you sleep so low?
                Now I'm sad, because that's a sad song. Ah well.

--Agent M

Comment

• *singing softly*

If only...

Unfortunately for me, he's up in Toronto right now... Without the use o a computer, it seems, as I don't have an email from him today...

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• *Singing hardly*

SO WATCHA SAY, WATCHA SAY, WATCHA SAY WHAAAT!!!???

(The Matrix reloaded at the end.)

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• *singing in a DEEP voice, Tui*

two weeks away feels like the world should have changed
                      but i'm home now and things still look the same
                      i think i'll leave it to tomorrow to unpack try to forget for one more night
                      that i'm back in my flat
                      on the road where the cars never stop going through the night
                      to a life where i can't watch the sunset i don't have time i don't have time

Well, I'm just sad. SAD. I TOOK IT BACK!!!!! I TOOK IT BACK!!! I SWORE I WOULDN'T, but at exactly 13:01 I took it back.

brokencello
                      the crinkled paper bag
                      brokencello
                      the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• Do you know, BC, utter creepu=iness? or at least coincidence? I came on here, and read that post, and then I had to go away, and I went down it no my room and...
                        That same song JUST started!
                        So yeah. Wow. Look, it seemed interesting to me at the time, OK?

*hums But I might Die Tonight

I don't want
                        to work away
                        doing just what they all say:
                        "work hard boy
                        and you'll find
                        someday
                        you'll have a job like mine."

'cause I know
                        for sure
                        nobody should be that poor
                        say yes
                        sink below
                        because you happen to say so
                        say so
                        you say so

I don't want
                        to work away
                        doing just what they all say
                        "be wise
                        look ahead
                        use your eyes"
                        he said
                        "be straight
                        think right"

BUT I MIGHT DIE TONIGHT!

like that song muchly. Plus it's the all-my-friends-agree-that-song's-perfect-for-me song too. Which is cool.

--Agent M

Comment

• *sighs happily* No school this week! Thanksgiving week!

Yesterday I went to DC, to the National Gallery of Art, which has a fantastic collection. In particular we saw theGenevra de'Benci, the only Da Vinci in America. We also saw an exhibit by Picasso of about 60 drawings and sculptures of what they believe to be the same woman, Fernande something.

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
                          'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
                          -Spongebob Squarepants
                          *Ella*
                          "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                          There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                          And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                          What could mean more than this?"
                          --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Cool!
                            Wow, how long is it since I went to anything at a museum or an art gallery?
                            TOO LONG. (I missed Pippa's opening, too... *screws up face*)
                            Thank you, Ella, you've alerted me to a serious problem in my life. Must get down to Te Papa some time soon. And the Dowse.

--Agent M

Comment

• The "Origami" thread got purged, so now I torture you, here!! Bwah-ha-ha!!!

Went to the Mingei's "Origami Masterworks" exhibit, and it was indescribably brilliant. I'd seen pictures and even diagrams for a lot of the models before, but to actually have them there under plexiglass, folded by their creators--it was nirvana. I took lots and lots of pictures and felt very very cheered at realizing that most of these models aren't meant to be folded by 10" kami, but from paper much larger and tougher.

And then, to top it off, Amazon finally shipped me Robert Lang's Origami Design Secrets: Mathematical Methods for an Ancient Art, which is one of those once-in-a-generation books. I'm suddenly understanding crease patterns as structural notation, which is weirding me out no end. But it's suddenly discovering the what and why behind the how of folding. An amazing work. I knew I was in good hands, when Lang stressed the importance of notating valley/mountain folds in crease patterns and then stated this was self-evident because so-and-so had proven that determining fold-direction for an un-notated crease pattern was an NP-complete problem. I'd always known CPs were gnarly, but had no idea they were THAT bad.

Highly recommend this sucker if you're into folding or optimization algorithms.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Er... *is completely lacking in understanding but nonetheless very happy for kli*
                                Yeah, I think that about sums it up.

--Agent M

Comment

Working...
                                X