The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *pointless drivel*
    Am going to Phoenix, Arizona in February to see my parents. The high point of the trip will be a side jaunt to the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. I'll be meeting a lot of people I know from my other newsgroup, who collect meteorites. Plus, I'll get to see some stunning gems and minerals.
    *thinks of an amethyst geode big enough to sit in, and sighs*

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• [more pointless drivel]

I had a dentist appointment today. Fortunately, no cavities and I don't exactly NEED braces, although I might get them for some small cosmetic reasons. Unfortunately, I found out I have all my wisdom teeth...and I'll need to get them pulled 2 summers from now or so. *screws up face* I don't want to get teeth pulled....! Aaah!

Thanksgiving's tomorrow! Yay! An opportunity to see my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents, and eat good food at the same time!

[/more pointless drivel]

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
      'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
      -Spongebob Squarepants
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Thanks, Tui! And no worries. This stuff tends to bore most folks silly, hence the existence of Origami-L.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• hmm... I have an orthodontist appointment next wednesday... *dreads*

Oooo, geology... ^^ I'm a tenthgrader in eleventhgrade geography, and we're doing that sort of thing right now- stuff about the earth. It was funny because my treasure knows geology very well.. and whenever I was stuck, he'd help me out. He's REALLY good in geology... So I'm holding like a 99% in that course at the moment... ^^ BUT I got to see a 4 billion year old rock! It was metamorphic!! ^^

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• *groans* I have to go to the orthedontist next week and I might get braces in January.

OOh, geology. I love rocks and minerals and stuff like that!! My friend has a huge rock collection with 'shedding' shiny rock and a rock with amethyst in it.

~*KsSk8er*~
            Hogwarts Dropout
            "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
            Dai Stiho
            ~*KsSk8er*~
            "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
            Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• oh yeah remember I told you I tried out for Fiddler on the Roof?? well I was really happy because I made callbacks but then I didn't make the play. but I talked with the drama teacher and now I am the choreographer!! yay!! hoorah!!

~*KsSk8er*~
              Hogwarts Dropout
              Dai Stiho
              ~*KsSk8er*~
              Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• I didn't make callbacks either for mine. Help me. I TOOK IT BACK. I shouldn't but how can I not? What can I do? I want it back so bad, but what if he told? Is that why? I'm so worried. I don't think so. Ignored today. I think it ruined it. No more ticks. WHAT CAN I DO???

brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Choreographer? That's so cool! Congratulations!! And FUN, too- good luck with it! *nods*

Meh. Teeth. I hate the dentist, why are we talking about the dentist?

geology=rocks=boring.... OK, maybe not always boring (4 billion year old rock=COOl! ditto meteorites, actually.) but... not my thing. I'm happy for you, though...

<still more pointless drivel> Went busking again, made over $32, which is EXCELLENT money, but got told off by storelady. or not told off: She asked to see my license! Of course I have a license! (And I showed it to her, and she happily didn't notice it expired last week. I'm having a new one mailed to me, before you ask.) She also tried to tell me I wasn't allowed to occupy the site for 2.5 hours which, thankyou, I am! (only allowed to play for 1.5, though.)
                  But she and another storeowner told me I shoudl have asked first. They said it was polite. I've been buskign for about two, three years and I've never had that problem... on the other hand, I suspect they're right and I'm wrong and it would be polite...
                  ...durnit. *sigh* </pointless drivel>

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                  --Agent M
                  Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• oookkkaaayyyyyy Talk about paranoid! well maybe not, were you playing inside the shop? I can't waiit till I'm older and can go "busking" with my cello.

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Nah, course not! I was outside it, and to the side quite a lot... not in the way AT ALL (I'm careful about that. Have to have wheelchair access, it's in the rules... )

Heh, 'cello busking is good- having to lug a cello around is worse than a violin, though (but nowhere near as bad as, oh.... a tuba.... )

--Agent M

Comment

• Ha. Believe me. I know. Does anyone have a piece of Duct tape? Considering that I have no right to speak, I might as well resist the temptation. I was told I did not have that right. Come on. I mean, if I lived in poverty, maybe, in a communist country, but not today. Grrr. *bc tapes her mouth (HER)*

brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                        brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Er...
                          -who told you you didn't have a right to speak?
                          -why?
                          -How hard did you hit them?

Actually, according to the United Nations Convenion on the rights of a Child, every child has a right to "express themselves" (which I'm assuming includes talking though I suspect was meant to refer to artistic and musical expression) so it's a global right, so although the right may not be available to children in different countries, it's still a right...
                          T

--Agent M

Comment

• I only read the first 4 posts on the first page so since this is random I'll go abck the the writing thing (Hey it's fun to post here unlike the 200000008975553131074712488420 Harry Potter message boards I even hated my site's message board! They all talk about the same thing! Like same topics and posts and like everything...wow that was random!!!!!!) ok so writing...I wrote a script for a Disney ride I thought of...I want to be an imagineer! RANDOM!!! (ok I must sound nuts)

Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
                            Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
                            Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com

Comment

• God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Welcome Avi, and welcome back Fox!! There's a new shop? Must go check that out.

Yes, and Avi, glad you like the Randomness, that's what this topic's here for...(in case you were wondering, this topic used to be in Chatter, then got its own forum because it got so big...

Do the rest of you realize we would have been at NINETY pages right now if those ten hadn't gotten deleted??? WOW.

Back to school tomorrow *sob* But I calculated up all the hours I read this month (we have to for our reading logs) and I came up with 56. I was stunned into silence: I'd been expecting in the thirties or forties.

Okay, babble over (more or less)

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
                                'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
                                -Spongebob Squarepants
                                *Ella*
                                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                                What could mean more than this?"
                                --Bright Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X