No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we all care so much about school busses? They're a form of transport. Maybe I'm interrupting some serious java here, but to me, school buses are not the hit of the centruy. Is it just me? And, Civi, what would that fourth planet be called?

brokencello
    the crinkled paper bag
    "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
    --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
    brokencello
    the crinkled paper bag
    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Ok I get grounded for 5 days and I miss like 500 posts! I am gonna be a vampire!!! Eee! Sorry I am really happy though...I got the teeth and a cape and blood and and...I really wish they had knives...and sorry Sam I hate Hilary too. I am really sad, I always ask people if they've read the YW books and they are like no and I am like no...ok if anyone got that lol...I had one friend who joined but she forgot her password.....I can't imagine not going to school in other busses than yellow....Ohhhhhhhh I was so freaked another of my friends went to a Marilyn Manson concert last Saturday ..he was at the Rave..and yeah....

....I need more insanity....BUTCHER KNIVES...sorry they are just so pointy and sharp!
      I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

• Hmm...school buses...odd, isn't it? How different the little things are? When Tui mentioned that she hadn't thought anyone went to school in yellow buses, and now we're all talking about something that's never really registered in our minds before...

SQUEEE! I saw my friends! They were on a class trip to D.C. and I missed school to go down and see them...and I went to the International Spy Museum (really cool) but the best part was seeing them...*is happy*

Anyone around here into Redwall? Read the new one yet? I just finished it.

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
        'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
        -The Fellowship of the Ring
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• I've read just the one called redwall it was for school novel unit I liked it though....and I had an odd dream last night...I went to a carpet store and Peter Pan lived on a tall stack and I went up and met him and he took me to neverland....It scared me...I had another one where I was eaten alive my chiwahaha's...sorry I can't spell.....

....I need more insanity....BUTCHER KNIVES...sorry they are just so pointy and sharp!
          I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

• Yea Ella!!!!
            I don't read Redwall... I looked at it and it's not a big interest of mine..

*Agent~M*
            "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
            "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

• db: no, they have that in the States, but not here. Sometimes, msotly not, you get school buses that run the same routes as normal buses, except they leave from just outside your school- but, for example, there isn't a bus from my school to where I live, so I catch an outside bus. The school pays the bus company, Stagecoach, and then we pay the same price for our tickets as normal.

BC: haha... no, they're really not all that interesting, are they?
              Ella: or maybe they are..... . No, I guess what we're really doing is talking about the differences between our countries, especially in the mundane little details, thereby gaining a greater understanding of our and other countries...

See? practically philosophical...

*hugs* Yay! I'm so pleased, Ella!!!!

I used to like Redwall, up till I was about 13... then they got kinda a little boring, as they all have basically the same plot. I still read one or two of them occasionally, though, and I think they're good as intorductions to fantasy, and reading, for middle school kids and older... I haven't read he latest, oh, three, I guess. I probably will eventually, though...
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
              Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Yes we ar philosophical geniuses!! Who will one day rule the world!!!

*Agent~M*
                "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                *Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

• Yes we ar philosophical geniuses!! Who will one day rule the world!!!

*Agent~M*
                  *Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

• re schoolbuses: We like to talk about pointless things. And bc, weren't you the one who wanted to talk about odd keyboard symbols?
                    re Redwall: I used to be really into Redwall. I still own all of them up to Marlfox. But I've kind of grown out of them...I mean, there's nothing REALLY new or anything. But hey, like Tui said, they're a good introduction to fantasy.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                    *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                    http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
                    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Yay!!! Mi-chan got emails!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Meowmix! I used to love Redwall too, have them up to The Legend Of Luke.

Kitsune Rei~In love and hating it~

Comment

• Redwall is good--better than schoolbusses! And papercrane--odd keyboard symbols are fascinating. Random--
                        Random
                        I'm waiting
                        For the door to close
                        The book to fall
                        The car to hit
                        I'm waiting
                        for the chill to end
                        the bang to come
                        the pain to stop
                        Random
                        I'm waiting
                        for my heart to close
                        the soul to fall
                        my life to hit
                        I'm waiting
                        for the cruelty to end
                        the whisper to soak
                        to end
                        it all
                        every bit

brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                        brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• redwall...i read like three of them in fifth grade and then gave them up. how many r there anyway? brokencello-did u write that? random i mean? it's really good.

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
                          Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

• I'm like WAY behind on this and the topic so...
                            Ella: that is great!
                            And no I haven't read redwall, my bf in 5th grade was obsessed and most of my friends now are obsessed with them but, I never was interested in them.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                            "It's hard enough to be what you are, Harder to be what you're not; It's hard to know what you need to get, harder to know what you've got" -Hilary Duff, Metamorphisis, Workin' It Out
                            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Time for a little randomness!
                              My dad bought this salmons that came in this golden puch well it came with a little piece of paper that said:
                              Our product does not require refrigeration until opened. Once Opened and refrigerated it will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
                              Unopened gold foil pouches are best enjoyed within 5 years of purchase.
                              And other things, anyway...we ate one and were leaving the other for my 15th birthday! I hope that when we open it worms start going out of there...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                              "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
                              "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• lol. 5 years? thats crazy! won't it start to smell or something? well, thats what i call saving. haha. has anyone ever had pumpkin pie ice-cream? it's really good, tastes EXACTLY like pumpkin pie. i'm very glad that there is this topic of great randomness, bcuz i am a very random person!

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
                                Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

Working...
                                X