No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have an ipod. It doesn't look like I 'm going to get anything electronic. This isn't even my computer that I'm using. Oh well. group finals suck. we had one where we had to make a commercial. Everyone in my grouped messed around.
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• I just don't see the point of it. I don't want someone screwing up my grade, nor do I want to screw up someone elses..

Comment

• God, I haven't posted here in ages. Like six months at least. Anyone who doesn't come into chat (or has a timezone where they don't catch me) must think I'm dead.

Today is Hug-A-Writer Day. So, *huggles* for DD, of course, and random assorted hugs for all the people who did Nano, if you (or they) think they count. :P

My iPod's a Nano (one of the earlier ones- it's weird holding it next to a new one and seeing how square the edges are). Black, 2GB, and has a ton of scratches. None of them have made the screen unreadable, at least. I now have about 4GB of music (1183 songs), so I can only fit about half of it on there, but then I realized that it doesn't actually matter. I only ever listen to about half of it anyway, so it works pretty well as long as I update it all the time (what I listen to constantly changes every week).

The largest Nanos are 8GB now, not 4GB, but last I heard they only come in black (which is fine if, you know, you want black, but the smaller ones are so much more colorful).

On a completely different topic, I went to the library for the first time in a while today, and was slightly surprised to find out that they do have a manga section.

It's just in Teen Non-Fiction. Next to "A complete guide to Middle Earth". Less than half of the Teen Nonfiction section is actually nonfiction, which makes me wonder why they don't take the guides to the fictional universes and put them next to the books they're about, and take all the "teen" nonfiction and merge it half with the kids' nonfiction and half with the adult nonfiction, whichever it fits with, since there doesn't seem to be anything particularly teenagery about any of it. And then the manga, comics, etc could have their own shelf.

(They don't have a suggestion form. I checked.)

...right, so that's my rant for the day. I hope it doesn't take me six months to post again.

Comment

• I just did my regents...
          all that studying...
          for nothing!
          it was the easiest test i've had all year! and almost NOTHING I STUDIED FOR WAS ON IT! so...much...wasted...time...*groans* and i arrived an hour early because people were rushing me and telling me i would be late.
          *sighs*
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Heheh.. THat really sucks YR.

Whee! My finals went well! Well... most of them, anyways...

Comment

• Meh. You all suck. If I ever want an iPod, I'll have to beg for a loooooong time. A lifetime at least. The thing is, I really need one, because my parents are so narrow-minded. They basically think all music is crap. *Sigh* Our opinions conflict greatly, sice I adore my music.

But if I did get an iPod, I'd get a video, since it seems to hold the most music. I have a lot of music I love, because I listen to almost every genre imaginable. Hip-hop, country, jazz, regge, R&B, pop, classical, punk, rock...the list goes on. And my friend has a CD by someone named Midori- a classical guy who's supposed to be a genius. I will try my hardest to borrow that CD...*plots*

-peri

Comment

• *dances around* we won our Basketball game!!! Go Wildcats!!!! LOL anyway peri, i only had to
                beg for a month! LMAO

I am getting into writing a pretty cool scene in my book right now.....

Well becca is out of things to say

becca
                "There's only one thing you should know, I've put my trust in you! Pushed as far as i can go"

Comment

• dad offered it to me right away as a birthday present...but i chose to get something else i think...or we forget.
                  and he offered it to me again, just so that i could use music to help me write...but i never reminded him and he forgot.
                  *shrugs*
                  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Ah, the loverly tests of health. Those told me that I had below average self-esteem, among other things. Mostly negative. Methinks I'm perfectly fine. Well, maybe not perfectly, but whatever.

We had a halfday at school. The Posse went over to A's house afterwards for a Bible study. A started talking about how her dad had gone to Michigan for his new job and how he was all stressed out and feeling bad about moving them. J told her just to give her dad lots of love and respect, then said that if she needed any love, to come to us 'cause we had plenty. That was pretty much the end to calm. A completely broke down, and it was a mob-A-on-the-couch kind of thing. We're losing the most bubbly, happy person ever. So...yeah. It's incredibly depressing.

I fell asleep in the car on the way back. Then I made my way to the couch and slept some more. In fact, I slept from 5 to 9...all the way through dinner. Now, that's sad.

Wind Ensemble auditions...less than a month. Oh, drat it all; I'm starting to stress. I realllly want to get in. I shouldn't care this much, but it'd be so doggone cool to get in. Playing all grade six music, having people who actually care about the music, people who are actually good...it'd be awesome.

I look like a lion today. I braided my hair last night, and now it's like, massive. It looks decent when I pull back half of it, but when it's all down, it looks like a lion's mane. Seriously.
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• *hugs everyone* You guys all write. + I may be a little late for hug a writer day, but it's the thought that counts :P

So tired. >< nnnn Hungry! I completely agree with you about any insanity you attribute to panera employees! I don't work there, but today, V and I went there a little after six, and stayed until an hour after they close. There are a lot of intersting and neat people there, and we even got free hot chocolates because we knew some of the people. It was a lot of fun. :P We also brought sketchbooks and drew for hours.

How can all music be crap... >< Parents. Pshh. They're a lost cause.

Angel. I think you're amazing. And oh so luffable. And, just so you know, and before you start taking all of these tests seriously, MY opinion is the only one that counts; you are just perfect who you are. You're the sort of person who is so nice and... nice.... that you give me hope for this world. Like a rare bit of a sunshine. I bet if I gave you so many compliments, you'd explode, but you'd be an explosion of fluffy bunnies and sugar.

so sleeppppyyyyy
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Angel_Star:
                        Wind Ensemble auditions...less than a month. Oh, drat it all; I'm starting to stress. I realllly want to get in. I shouldn't care this much, but it'd be so doggone cool to get in. Playing all grade six music, having people who actually care about the music, people who are actually good...it'd be awesome.
                        Good luck with that, Angel_Star. I hope you make it!

Anyway...Today and yesterday our head-of-school took our Health classtime to talk to us about some personality test that we took in November...I think . Turns out that I am an "introverted sensate thinker". As it is, that basically means I get my energy from inside myself, I look at things in a specific order, I make descisions with my head (not my heart), and I am a very organized persona. Meezies and T and Coach M are exactly alike accoring to this test, so we should get along perfectionally. One of my good friends, MC, is my polar opposite and we are good buddies, even though we're supposed to annoy each other.

Our volleyball team may get to go to (insert tourney here, now to be called IT) in April!!! We should have been registered to go to IT anyway, since we're ssooo much better than the 3rd 15's team, who was going to go to IT but may not since they bombed in the first tourney. Only problem: it'll cost everyone a bundle, but it was the parents who talked to Club Director and persuaded her to let us go, and they'll work it out. I hope.

I must find some ingenious way of staying awake all night...
                        I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Lord, what fools these mortals be.

And then there is Death of the Endless...
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Originally posted by db_pr:
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lord, what fools these mortals be.

And then there is Death of the Endless... </div>[quote]Whatever you say, Puck.

So...this weekend's been quite insane. I've decided that yes, my job has cursed me. In the last 2 weeks, I've fainted at work, had the skin peel completely off the back of my hands at work, had my car refuse to start after work, and then last night I bonked my head into a steel table again while I was going for some coffee underneath it. I'm seriously beginning to think I'm cursed. It's pretty nuts...and pretty painful, I might add.

I've got a basketball game today-first one I get to play in this season, since I've missed the first 2 games because of work. Hope we won the one that was last night-last year we were undefeated, and we won our first one, so...I've got high hopes.

Uhhh...forget what I was going to say. Oh yeah...what do you get when you eat a Blackberry? A Bluetooth! hahaha...and what do you get when you cross a lollipop with a rabbit-a sucker a day! (I know-that one's weird-it's like because rabbits have babies so often, and lollipops=suckers...still don't get it? Neither do I). A customer at work last night told me those-this old man who's a regular and always asks me how I'm doing and stuff. Like, some of the regulars have recognized me outside of work, at places like Target. It's kind of cool...but it was more fun when I worked at Safety Town and had little kids come up to me because they recognized me.

I'm thinking about buying Oh No by Ok Go, since I've been meaning to do it for about a year now and never quite got around to it...oh well. Maybe this time? I got The Shins' new album earlier this week...pretty good stuff.

At work last night, I had to close with all guys, except for the manager (who doesn't count, because she spent the entire time locked in the office, counting the money we made). It was slightly awkward-I'm not real good with boys, and the ones there were mainly the hot ones (though not the one who always flirts with me who I just learned has a girlfriend. Oh well...he's the one who'll get in trouble if she ever catches him. Stupid boys). I'm really tired right now-think I'll go take a nap. I didn't sleep too well last night for some reason. I just want to take a week off of school and literally sleep for the entire time, so I can catch up on all the sleep I've been missing lately.

Comment

• Judging by the fact that none of you highschoolers are completely pulling out your hair, I will hazard a guess that most of you are either too young to take the SAT or are just putting it off, haha. Yeap, met one of those second ones today.

Well, I took the SAT yesterday. The same day as my brother. In the same school. The odd thing was, I think it hit him harder than it did me. It wasn't really so bad, it's just htat I was stuck in a room for five and a half hours. Yeah. I got in there at 7:45, my stomach started to find its voice at 11 (wailing very loudly, might I add, that caused me to write in a very akward position with one hand clamped tightly over it), and I didn't get out until like ten of 1. It was...well, yeah. Oh, and a warning to those who have not taken it: the essay is first. It is scary. Sharpen your pencils!!

Nyah. So, the conclusion of Jane Eyre is on tv tonight! Masterpiece Theater (PBS) does put on a jolly good show, I must say.

Also, it's sad, but I keep finding more and more reasons to wonder about guys. One guy, who is really pretty much not really nice to me, was sort of forced to sit with me on the bus. The weird thing was, we had a real, nice civilized conversation. It's like we were both trying to be nice, both talking about the one thing we knew we had in common: the play. Straaange.

Butttt...Hungry: OK Go is amazing. I have to say.

Diego: ...er...

To those with Health Class: Nyah nyah! I don't have those!

To Angel: You're amazingly sweet. Like Gryph said, don't listen to them. And keep it up with A. I know a lot of friends who are going through tough times, and all we can really do is give them love. *nods approvingly* *..then wonders why she's approving someone older than her...* wow, I just weirded myself out.

...On another note, poor Judy Garland.

Finally, I must go take a shower before my show comes on!! I'm so excited, I've been waiting for a week!! *Cheers for Charlotte Bronte*

Be back soon!!
                              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• I can't even find my last post anymore =( And with the last couple weeks off (exam week, second semester starts on the 1st *grin*) I should have had more than enough excuse after finals to come check up...although the allure of Coldplay and Stargate seem to have taken over my mind. I've even come up with a couple half-baked ideas for fanvids...Gryph, I never did thank you properly for introducing me to Coldplay, did I? Well, thanks =)
                                Have to confess I've had to do a lot of skimming to catch up, and I still don't know when I'll be seeing the shelter of this house of randomness again- I'm really hoping IB won't take as much out of me as I think it might.
                                That's a nice dress you got, Angel XD Reminds me of my friend's haltertop thing she wore at the grade nine farewell. Myself, well, my grandma decked me out in all red and black Oriental multi layered thing. I'd say it must be a Chinese mindset, going all out for a farewell ceremony- not really a graduation, even though we were moving on to 'high school'-if I wasn't the only girl covered in this shimmery red thing. I guess it would've been more appropriate for the dance that night, if my dad hadn't got mad at me for losing my grade nine 'diploma' (again, not really- just a fancy certificate thing that was outshone by the awards ceremony). Ah well, I'm still glad no dances are held by my school now; have to say it was kinda creepy seeing people I could normally argue math problems over suddenly gushing about how much fun the 'graduation' dance was...

Achievement of the day: I finally learned what roasted marshmallows taste like. It's sad, I know, and I still have yet to roast one for myself, but it was so much fun begging marshmallows off my friends...
                                And if you're wondering what I was doing outside in January (it must be 5 below right now, Celsius) barbecuing and roasting marshmallows with 20 people for two hours...it was a friend's birthday party. Cold, a little crazy, a little frustrating- but fun.

And finally annoyance for the day: my dad deleted Firefox. After all that work I went to trying to convince him of its virtues and benefits. Of course I installed it again and he doesn't seem to have noticed, and I love it so much more than IE right now, but really...
                                Well, I'd still like to save myself some more research time, so I'd love to hear the comparisons and contrasts between IE and Firefox. If only to prove myself right. =)
                                -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

Working...
                                X