No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythbusterfan: Wow, a paranormal society? Sounds fun! Haha...

I'm in bed with a cold, today...it's actually very relaxing, after everything that's been going on. I'm watching episodes of 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' They're so random...

I'm happy there are some of the old smilies. I miss the old grinning one, though. I don't quite like this one. I miss the one that looks like this one, only not bouncing. At least Mr. Bobbles made it...

And I think the tumbleweeds are here, too... I like smilies...

Ah...my pet rabbits (all three of them) are exploring my room, and chewing up my papers...I must stop them! Haha, bye.
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Wooooow this is really pretty cool. *whistles* Lookin good, ToGR!

*huggles Hungry* hii!

Hi myth! Haven't seen you in a while.

Emi: Yay, no more tendonitis!

Kk: Sorry about that, glad to be home?

Well, today I had salami for the first time. It's sort of addicting in a strange way. The Christmas tree is up, the piano is lovely and inviting, and the dog is snuggling all under warm covers.

... and homework is piling. Ah well.

I hope everyone is having a nice day or whatever. I don't really have a lot to say, just wanted to say hello to the new forum.

Dai!
      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Ok, I'm happy now. I woke up to snow this morning! There is only about an inch, but hey its better than none! The only problem was trying to drive around campus in a snow storm, I swear they wait until the last possible minute to plow the roads.
        Well now I have one final done, just one more to go!
        "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Mel: Yeah, extremely glad to be home...

Except...I have a cold, today! Sigh... well, it gives me an excuse to do nothing at all, but go online and try to recover. It's been a good day, so far.

Emi: I forgot to say; I'm glad there's no more tendonitis! Tendonitis = not funn...

Zirsta: 3 feet of snow? Where do you live, Michigan? We used to get a lot of snow, when we lived there...I miss snow....ahhhhh...

Snow...I want snow...

Dai
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• seabiscuit: I hope you feel better soon, and good luck on your finals!

kk: In bed...? Really? *sighs wistfully* Well, I hope you feel better AND get to stay in bed. Somehow.

Mel: Glad you're enjoying salami? I think? It is a bit addicting, now that you mention it. And kudos to you for having the Christmas tree up. My mom and I usually end up putting ours up, say, Christmas Eve. We always get a real tree, though, so it's really lovely when we do get it done.

So it turns out that I can't be exempt from my Algebra II final either. Of course it would be my luck that the two finals I'd have the most trouble with are the ones I'd have to take. Oh well; I think I'll do okay. But I have to get back to my paper now...dai!

Comment

• Quote eowyngirl: [Stormwind: Congratulations on almost-re-aunthood!]

Thanks, and sorry you missed your debate.. I'm sure that would have been fun.

Luck to all of you with finals... I remember those days and don't really miss them.

Don't give up on your dreams, even after you graduate - it could take time to be able to accomplish the goal of getting a job in the field you've chosen - just keep at it - it will come in time. I've been graduated since spring 07 and am still looking for a job in my field... I'm closer with security, but it isn't my passion of Forensics With any luck, I'll get there soon...

KK: I hope all continues to get better for you.
              There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
              "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

• eowyngirl, Mel, and kk: Yeah, no tendonitis = happiness

So it's been extremely cold here for the past few days. I love winter but hate the cold... can't it snow and be warm at the same time?!? Seriously! My workplace is freeezing because there's no way we can control the heat in the store. Two nights in a row my fingers were almost falling off.

Speaking of work, I got my bonus yesterday! And I get my check tomorrow. I'm so happy because, I'm actually putting money back in to the bank I spent for college applications. Haha. The joys of working...

Anyway, school is- repetitious. Nothing new to report on that department... except for the fact that my English teacher has gone... crazy? Our class is very, rambuncious (sp?) and a few kids like to go to the bathroom during class and don't come back for twenty minutes. So she's going to take points off each time we go to the bathroom. Like points off of our grade! I'm so mad because I _rarely_ go to the bathroom in her class and it's not fair if that the one day I do, she's going to take points off of my grade for that. I don't think it's fair.

Okay, enough about school. My friend (who's in college) is coming home tomorrow! I can't wait... it's been forever since I saw her. Hopefully we'll be able to hang out lots.

I have to sing the National Anthem Friday... I hope I do well. Wish me luck!

That's all for now,

Emi
                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Happy birthday, Gwendi! :-)

*points at the little box at the bottom of the home page for how he knew*
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• As Garrett said, happy birthday, Gwendi!

So it totally snowed here yesterday. Actually, I think it was more like sleet than snow, little ice shavings that blew in the wind and clung to people's hair and sweatshirts. But I have very little experience with this sort of thing, so what do I know. We were rehearsing for our Messiah performance this weekend, and some guys who were wandering in and out came in and said "It's snowing!", just loud enough for us to hear. The rest of the girls were going into histrionics about it, while the guys had to be macho and not be too excited (though they really were) and Mr. B, our director, got sharp and told us to shut up. Not in those words, of course, but the same general idea. So we got a five minute break and everyone jumped off the risers and flew outside, even the guys. People were calling their parents, running around and being silly happy crazy people. Don't laugh, you Northerners, you people who get snow every year and/or think it a bother. We loved it.

On the musical note: so (sales pitch here) our choir is putting on our annual performance of Handel's Messiah! Friday and Saturday! Sells out almost every time! With almost 1,000 tickets per night (not sure about that one)! Come! We're awesome (well, pretty good anyway)!

Two more days of school, counting today, then four days of finals, two of them doubled up, then the Christmas dance (which I actually have a date for) and then break. This post is completely pointless, but I suppose that's what this thread is all about. Have a loverly day.
                    I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• marina-I love performances like that, too bad I live just a little too far away to come see it. lol. Not that we exactly have a shortage good christmas programs here.
                      And here we all reacted the same way you did when it snowed here. I got half a dozen texts saying "snow"! lol.
                      Well I am offically done with fall semester! (cheers) Perfecting timing too, we're getting so busy at the bookstore with the christmas shoppers.
                      "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Hey guys, totally random... and this is TTOGR so it's a perfect place to put it.

On my signature I have a link to my video I made for TV production. I received an 89 for it, but that's besides the point. I posted it on youtube, but there hasn't been a lot of views and no comments on it. Would you all be so kind and help me out? It would be great to receive some criticism or compliments... I know there were some issues on the editing part. I want to get better so my next project will get an A.

Please and thank you.
                        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• YAY!!! Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, you just made an awesome day even better.

"Sunshiny day" (if that's the song name...)

I got a haircut yesterday, I got it layered. They're long layers, even though I have short hair...It's kind of hard to explain, but I think I'm going to get it in shorter layers. Today, my friends decorated my locker with a bunch of "Happy Birthday!" signs. When I got home, I got annoyed at the multitudes of phone calls from people I barely know, including my aunt that I haven't seen since my cousin's barmitsfa. (not sure how to spell that) even that was awkward...anyways, I'm catholic, so just a normal party for me... and I got lots of awesome fuzzy socks and soft sweaters from my mom and my aunt that I do know. She's awesome. I got a Taylor Swift CD also.

Emi- I'm glad you don't have tendonitis anymore! YAY!!! Your video was good, I'm not sure what the assignment topic was, but I think I got the jist of what the video was about. I won't spoil it for the people who haven't watched it yet.

I am happy. Let me rephrase that. I am "dazzled" by how much everyone cares. Everyone on here is nice, and I hope I can continue to come on for at least another year, until my birthday comes up again. Hopefully I won't be too busy in the near future...
                          Dai everyone! Thanks.

Comment

• Gwendi: Gasp! I forgot to say happy birthday!

*throws ultra-late virtual birthday party for Gwendi* (Those smileys look like people at the parties I go to...Haha. The last one looks like my best friend at 2 AM on sugar high...)
                            Happy Birthday, Gwendi!

And...

Christmas! Yes... I got a Christmas tree today! I'm happy.

And I found out this awesome amazing thing I could do just for fun, with my iPod:

I cropped down one of the YW pictures and put it on my iPod... I was so bored... It looks cool, though... haha.
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• That storm was brutal.

So, if anyone is wondering where people on here from New England are, they may be missing for a few days. There was just a huge ice storm which included almost 1,000,000 houses being without power. There was up to 1/8th thick ice on tree branches (I think it was 1/8th), and so many fallen branches. It was insane to know braches were falling here (which was somewhere it didn't hit as hard (by which I mean we had all the ice, but fewer fallen trees so actually had power)) past 2 pm yesterday even. My family may not have power for a week.

So yeah, we basically had 4 inches of freezing rain fall over 3 days and many trees falling down on power lines, and it hit everywhere in New England, though northern mass and new hampshire worst. [Both Massachusetts and New Hampshire are in state of emergency and between the two there's over 725,000 houses which lost power]

-
                              I don't like finals. I have 4 homework assignments and studying for 2 finals. And one of those classes the final is going to be painful .

Umm, I can't think of anything else to say for once.

Late Happy Birthday Gwendi.

And now of to try to convince myself to study/start homework for math stats.
                              Last edited by Tuttle; December 13, 2008, 09:46:25 PM. Reason: Left out some of what I was saying. Oops.
                              We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• We got a TON of rain Thursday night.... My road was a river; you couldn't see the dirt at all up until the point that the ditch starts. Even with the ditch, it was clogged in several places and the water was running all over the road there, too.... Between the recesses several feet long in the road that always collect the water and the huge amount of rain coming down, it was pretty tough to get down my road Friday morning!

It was in interesting bus ride, too. There was a ton of water on the road for the bus to splash through. We were only going around 30 the whole time, but there were huge puddles that made splashes all the way up to the windows!

There's also a river that flows at the edge of a lawn that's about 100 feet wide. The river's about 10 feet wide. The river goes under the road after it passes through the lawn. Well, the lawn was totally flooded! You couldn't even see the grass! There are two properties that the river runs through, and they were both flooded because of it!

My uncle's house had a tree down and it ripped the lines off the house, cable, phone, electric....

We didn't lose our utilities at all, and neither did my grandmother or my grandfather. It didn't freeze, but it was 32. If it were much colder, this would have been a ton of snow!

The school campus was even flooded in places; the entire sidewalk in front of the main building was flooded and we couldn't use it. School really should have been canceled.... We already had a half day, they might as well have just canceled it.

My theater teacher had a flooding basement in the house she just moved in, and all of her stuff was in that basement. she spent a portion of the morning moving things off the floor. She had no power. She decided it would be better just to go to school, where they had all their utilities. I have to say she looked very disgruntled when she came in in the middle of class.
                                "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Working...
                                X