The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric glad to have you back on!!!!

I don't really get sick that much either, but when I do it's really, really bad. Like I have to have antibiotics and stuff. . And I've never had and ear infection either.. not that I can get one?? (hearing aids?) I don't know, but all I know is that I've never had one, so, Hungry GET BETTER SOON!

Um, I only got seven hours of sleep last night. And I've probably gotten and average of 6-7 hours a night on the weekdays. and 7-9 hours a night on weekends (sat-sun).

OMG I needed to vent yesterday... but my mommy pulled me away from the computer before I had the chance to. Luckily I feel a little better now.. so it's not going to be as angry filled as it would have been. Shall I start? Maybe...

Well, last night I had my basketball game... And once again I didn't get put in until the last 49 seconds of the game. Well... it's been going like this for a long time.. and I know that I'm better than a couple of the people he puts out there, but my coach, he used to be the middle school coach, only plays the girls he had on his middle school team. So not fair right? I mean, I was so upset after the game that I actually cried. I haven't cried in like three years!!! So for me to actually cry last night because of frustration got me really depressed... But there's good news. Also, last night, I found out that I'm on National Honors Society!! I'm like the first person in my WHOLE family to ever make it on NHS. So that brought me out of my depressing mood.

Then today! I got my prom dress.. Yes, prom isn't til MAY but I wanted to get it early in case I needed alterations (which I do). The lady at the shop said that it was a smart idea for me to get it early. I wish I had a picture I could load up on here, it's soo pretty. I really can't describe what it looks like. Maybe later I'll post my dress up when I do the second payment.

I had to work til closing tonight. NOT fun. We had to break down like five aisles. (Breaking down aisles mean pushing all of the products forward so that the shelves looks filled) I had to work on the express lane for most of the night, and I had like the longest line I've ever seen!!! Non-stop. I think it's also because the Pats game is on tonight, so people wanted to get ready for it. We're winning by the way (31-20). Go Pats!!!

Nothing else to report.. If I remember anything, I'll probably post about it later on...

Dai everyone
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I hardly ever get sick, and haven't been pulled out of school for feeling sick for something around 3-4 years.
      But when I do get sick, I get REALLY sick. Over this summerI got sick (for the 1st time in something around 1-2 years, and i got pnemonia. I got it so bad, I almost had to go to the hospital. Not Fun. and I had to get Rosefin (I don't know how to spell it...) shots 5 times or so in a row (as in one day after another)and was on two other medications (one of them was an antibiotic). unfortunately, i probably could have helped it earlier, but I thought I was just feeling a little bad- nothing to be really worried about, so i went on vacation without telling my parents before hand, until i startedd to feel REALLY bad, and then we left a day early. So, that was my one big illness of probably the next year at least.

Eric: I doubt it's because you are 'obsessive' about washing your hands. It's because you don't wash them to much, and have built up your immune system. which involves introducing illnesses and the like to your body.

Emi: GOOD JOB!!! on getting into the NHS!

Dai all
      Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• I've never had pneumonia... I've only broken a bone once, when my dad not-so-smartly kept a large amplifier in the middle of the living room floor. I climbed on it. It fell over. Right on my foot.

That's the first major way my dad accidentally hurt me. The other time was when he left the basement door open. And our basement stairs are just wood, and they have spaces between them. (The dog is scared of them because of this ) Anyway, he left the door open. I was probably one. I fell down those stairs. I cried and cried. My mom said my dad felt indescribably bad for what he had caused.

OK, back to the topic we were originally talking about....

Actually, there's not much more TO talk about.

I'm at my grandfather's now. We're going to meet my mom any time now... she's going to the dump, and she'll call us when she leaves, then we'll leave, too. We have a certain meeting place that we meet at. We'll meet there, then my mom and I will be picking up my friend, and he'll be here for the evening. He hasn't been to my house for a few months....

So. Bye-bye for now!
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Eric: What a return. Out of the past ten posts, three have been yours. And not only that, one of your posts was pretty much a vapid one-liner (in spirit if not in text).

Emi: I'd say you should put it in the 'Person behind the Avatar' thread...if it weren't closed. But we can always get the admins to open it.

Hungry: Ear infections are baddddd - get it checked out asap, and I hope you feel better!

---

CES just finished and I'm definitely looking forwards to Macworld 2008, which should promise big and bright things. Ultraportable MacBook Air, maybe? Bill Gates is retiring, which is sad; he's probably the first of the absolute greats to step off the train that he and a few others launched.

My current read list includes Twilight (Meyers), The Android's Dream (Scalzi) [re-read], a couple of year's best compilations, A Wizard of Earthsea (Le Guin), and something by R.A. Salvatore. Any reccomendations/suggestions on which one to start with?

Finally, skiing at Hunter Mountain on Tuesday, which is . It's been like two weeks since I last went skiing, but this morning's snowstorm should drop about half a foot on Hunter, making conditions much better than last week for us here in the Mid-Atlantic.

Oh, and I'm looking to get a dog from an animal shelter; again, any recommendations? I used to be really fond of a collie that a family friend had, and I think I'm going in that direction. However, I live in an apartment so the space is kinda cramped; I hear collies need space and running and etc. So I'm a bit torn; help would be nice, as I've never had a dog.
          Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
          Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean L.:
            Eric: What a return. Out of the past ten posts, three have been yours. And not only that, one of your posts was pretty much a vapid one-liner (in spirit if not in text).
            I'm going to flat-out quit the respect thing, all right?! Those posts were made before I decided to make my return, O Observant One! I decided to come back sooner than I originally anticipated because I was satisfied with the results of my only being on here in a partial state. I came back gradually. And I would love to see which of those posts, the minimum amount of lines being FOUR, and that's with a widescreen, you're accusing of being a one-liner. Even if it is in spirit and not in text. Besides... it's TTOGR. Many, many posts in this thread are one-liners in spirit. I can't believe that, in the two years you've been registered here, you don't realize that TTOGR is where posts like that go.

*Grumbles* In fact, look at the first few pages of TTOGR. See all those ACTUAL one-liners? Made by Agent M? I always wondered how Agent M could have gotten that amount of posts.... There's my answer.

*Recomposes self* Dogs, dogs, dogs. I've only had two dogs in my life: Beau the Rottweiler (died when I was about eight), and Rex the Black Lab (currently 7 months). My grandfather has a Scottie, and he's a really good dog NOW... he was nuts in his younger days, though. Always running around, jumping on everyone, barking.... So I suppose that a Scottie would need a lot of space, too. And a lot of patience.

Well. Excuse my pointless ramble, since there's nothing for you in that.... However, I've eliminated three breeds for you.

EDIT:

Aaahh, Sean, I see you're online. No doubt making a post that'll only cause more argument. And you too, Tuttle. I don't want to hear it. Just to tell you two ahead of time... I'm not going to talk about it any more. Drop it.
            "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• So I wasn't going to reply to your post at all Eric, until you said that. I wasn't making more arguments even though I do agree with Sean that one of them was in substance a one-linear (Ahh, you ruined it Hungry.) But its not worth arguing about and I know that. But you seem to be convinced that all I'll do is argue about everything. I was actually going to post about things that I wanted to, and still will, I just needed to comment that you seem convinced that all I do is argue and disagree and make fights when I try to avoid it while saying my opinion. Is it not good enough to apologise for making a few mistakes and going too far? Is it not good enough to actually try to help the forum too? Is it not good enough to be myself? Apparently not for you. Apparently when you say you'll drop stuff you won't. Because I wasn't going to say anything. And you're going to say I used this as an excuse to argue more and I already know that and it makes me not want to post it, but I need to say my side. Because all you're doing is trying to ruin my ability to be respected by anyone else here it seems. I'm not this evil person who wants to ruin your life as I keep trying to get across to you, but you don't seem to be able to comprehend. Is someone who doesn't agree with you always trying to ruin your life? Because that's what I am. I'm someone who doesn't always agree and who mentions when I don't. That's all I am.

--

Sorry for that rant. I know it was inappropriate but I had to say it. And I know that people on Eric's side are going to say I didn't, but you guys don't understand anything of what's going on for me now. I really didn't have a choice if I wanted to not freak out about something which matters to me.

--

So, what I was actually going to say.

Why does it have to feel like nothing is working for you sometimes. I mean, I don't feel depressed, I don't feel like someone who's not me, but it does feel like nothing is working. There will probably be people who argue that stuff does work for me. I have a boyfriend who I love and loves me. But it doesn't feel like that now.

I'm sitting here trying to do homework and the people downstairs are blasting music again, like to the point it shakes the floor. I already have a headache and have been feeling off and on sick for a few days. I just want to be able to work. I just want to not be itching constantly but I can't get my stress level down enough that the eczema flair up goes down. Instead I can barely sleep. I got to sleep about 6 am last night when I went to bed around midnight. It means I'm not getting up in the morning either when I really should be to get work done. Half the time the shower runs out of hot water when I'm taking a shower which I need to do every morning. Another third of the time someone starts doing dishes on me so the water starts switching between burning me and freezing me. And I can't just ask them to not because they're trying to avoid it but also trying to get food made so that we can eat before I get a migraine from lack of food. Even when I shower and put on moisturiser, and only wear my clothes that won't make me itch more, and only wear clean clothes, and make sure that the bed doesn't have sand from the floor in it before going to bed, and put on hydrocortisone cream when it gets really bad, and sometimes even take benedryl if I need to, I am constantly itching, often on parts of me to the point of pain. I'm trying not to scratch and to ignore it, and I'm making progress on both though more on the former, but its still enough to on its own raise stress levels. Now add to this that I have a big project that last three terms that is required for graduation. I'm at the beginning of the third term of that project (well the one I'm working on there are others too). And I'm way behind I have stuff I should have been done before break that I've not made nearly enough progress in. I'm trying to get that done but have other work too and can't concentrate with everything else.

And it doesn't help that me and boyfriend are going through a roughspot. Neither of us seem to have even had the thought pass through of breaking up, but we're both extremely stressed and we react very easily to each other. So since we're both seeming to have this eczema, if one of us scratches, both of us itch more. And this can lead to someone going out of the level of stress they can handle, freaking out, then apologising and cuddling up trying to calm us both down. It doesn't help that sleep is being so hard on both of us- neither of us can get to sleep early enough or wake up early enough to have stuff work correctly.

I've started crying over being told I was failing at playing a video game that I was getting annoyed at myself for failing at, that's the level of stress that I'm dealing with. And I need to just rant, but I can't even do that here because I can't even come here and not be treated like dirt by some members who seem convinced that all I want to do is ruin their lives. Maybe I just want to have my own life work for once. Maybe I want to be able to sleep again. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone else. Even the people who I can't stand I can't do something in order to hurt them at all. As some people probably should be grateful for (*coughthatguywhoruinedlastyearforme*cough*).

It doesn't help that one of the people on the FIRST team is treating me like I'm worthless. We were put into the same brainstorming group and he was not taking any suggestion I was giving seriously. I suggested a robot design that avoided all the problems of his, yes it had other problems, but it avoided all those ones, and he refused to let it even be discussed by the group. The group ended up presenting his original idea when many group members had much better ideas, but they at least were recognized. They at least were able to be discussed and not told that it was impossible it wouldn't work and would be illegal even if it did work. Umm the fact I read through the rules multiple times the previous day making sure it'd be legal doesn't matter? The fact that we already have a robot built that'd be able to play the strategy I was suggesting, we'd just be making something that does it a lot better. No, its totally impossible and totally won't work and totally isn't worth mentioning. Ignore the fact that people literally suggested things that wouldn't work and the response was by the group including him basically 'well, that wouldn't work, but lets write it down because we could get ideas from it.' No. Totally my ideas are worthless.
              *shrug* I knew he'd be hard on me, but not that hard. He's not been treating me right since 2k6 when he decided I wasn't worth being on the travel team since I wasn't good enough at anything on stage (driver, operator, human player). Ignore the fact I knew the robot better than 6 of the high schoolers out of 8, and almost as well if not as well as that last person. I could tell you every sensor on the robot why it was used, where it was used, and how it worked to a basic degree. I don't think even the person who knew it better could have done that without thinking about it noticably. Yet I knew that robot and could fix it and could explain it to the judges. But I wasn't worthy of being there at all so I couldn't be treated like I was worth anything and since then I've been this worthless thing that tries to do robotics yet knows nothing. Ignore that he was saying things which weren't true and I knew they weren't and I was on the team before him and knew they weren't because we'd done stuff differently the year before he joined partially because of those things not being true.

Oh, and since I was dating my boyfriend and with him, he wasn't worthy of giving ideas either. He had been someone who was operating the robot in competitions in different years than either of me or the person that hates me were on the team. He put a lot into the team and got a lot out. And he understands how the stuff works. And not to mention if it was being argued I couldn't help designing the mechanical robot because I wasn't a mechanical engineering major, well, he is. And he is even a robotics concentration. But nothing he said was taken seriously because it was related to me... We ended up walking out of one of the meetings and refusing to identify as part of the brainstorming group since. It worked, and we'll probably still be participating some, but refusing to work with him at all, because he doesn't deserve any help from me until he at least accepts I can think and do things that help even if he won't accept I can do these as well as others.

I've not been getting along with my parents recently either. And I'm really worried about my dad's reaction to things about me. Because he doesn't work the same way as me and he reacts really poorly. Like, even just how working with computers, or money, or a pile of other stuff.

So maybe I am a bit stressed. Maybe I've been trying to not freak out at my boyfriend for scratching when he itches, but have been stressed to the point it takes effort. Maybe I'm not this perfect thing that can do anything and wants to ruin others lives. Maybe I just am myself.

Is that acceptable? Is is acceptable to not want to be stressed about everything to the point I can't do anything without itching?

Maybe that's why I've been harder on you than I should Eric. And I apologise again. I don't want to ruin your life. But you need to get a thicker skin if what I'm doing is making you that convinced I am ruining your life. You're not the center of the world and you sometimes are acting like you are. I want you to grow up. I want you to get better at what you're already doing. I want to help you even if I'm no better than you at it. But I can't even talk to you now because you're so convinced that I'm this evil thing.

And I apologise yet again for letting that come back into this. I'm just ranting and letting myself say whatever I need to to not freak out later.

So maybe now I am writing a post that'll cause more argument. But that's because I need to for my sanity at this point. Should I apologise for that too? Probably. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I'm not perfect. I'm sorry my life isn't the easiest thing even though I've had a good life. I'm sorry I'm trying to deal with other things as well.

I'm just tired. I just want to be fine. I just wanted to rant here because I have nowhere else to rant that isn't to boyfriend and I don't want to always be ranting to him because its hard on him when I am ranting to him too much. And I just want to be able to be happy. Is that too much to ask?

---

If anyone finds anything I wrote in that offensive tell me and I'll at least white it out if not remove it. I don't see how anything other than half freaking out at Eric could be offensive but I know that at least could be and want to say I don't want to be doing that.

---

Sean, on the topic of a dog, American Eskimos are what I have and they're small, but way energetic. If you want to have something that'll run up mountains with you while being small they're good. But they need a lot of attention and bond really strongly to their family, so they probably wouldn't work very well. Mine likes barking a lot too..

--

Am looking for an apartment next year. If I find one that allows cats my family will let me take one or two of our cats . It'll be nice if that happens.

--

I think that's all and I should actually go do my homework, but I'm not sure about that managing to get done yet. It's not that bad though. The hardest question to me is on this assignment is proving that sqrt(3) is irrational, because the other proofs are even easier to me.

Probably should do that graph too, but don't want to do that. Grr. I forgot about that.

Maybe I'll feel better now that I ranted. Hopefully. Back to trying to teach myself how to will myself to not itch.

Very late edit: The "eczema" ended up being Scabies. The doctors had been wrong. Had to post this for (a) people reading togr, and (b) me reading this when I go depressed.
              We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• We own something by RA Salvatore. No idea what unfortunately. I have this huge (well, considering my time constraints) new stash of books from Christmas, so I'm content. I still want to read a Gaiman book and then something politically charged like an Ayn Rand but by a different author. No idea where to look for that O.o.

Haha, get a bunny. Actually, I have a Chinese Crested which might be nice if the rest of the breed is like mine personality-wise. If you google, they're generally the hairless (and ugly, poor dogs >&lt, but mine is the powder puff type. If you've seen pictures, he's like a walking marshmallow. Not huge, not demanding, affectionate... but he licks people creepily. Just remember that dogs are huge responsibilities, and you'd need to spend time every day on them. If it is like mine, it will also need to be brushed once a week. But otherwise, it's not hyperactive, destructive, or needy. He's also very good for snuggling. I can lie on the floor, and the dog will curl up with his his head on my hip or whatever. I love him even if he's insolent sometimes and goes through my trashcan.

Sorry if the format comes out weird cuz I'm typing this in a notepad file, and so the bb code is from memory.

EricG: And I would love to see which of those posts, the minimum amount of lines being FOUR, and that's with a widescreen, you're accusing of being a one-liner.
                Read what you quoted. He said if in spirit if not in text. Your post may have been four lines, but the content was nonexistant. As for using the "togr" point -- this is the very behavior which we discourage. Even if it's random, we still aim for substance.

As for citing AgentM. I have a few things to say about this. Many of us know about Tui and AgentM, and we also know that they did not continue that trend for their entire stay. In fact, both are currently respected members and do not 'transgress' like that anymore. Furthermore, you cannot cite other members [especially ones who have grown up since] and use their actions as justifications for your own. You are responsible for your own actions regardless of what others did.

You posted a one liner. You knew better. Someone called you out for it. There is no reason for retaliation against Sean.

EricG:
                Aaahh, Sean, I see you're online. No doubt making a post that'll only cause more argument. And you too, Tuttle. I don't want to hear it. Just to tell you two ahead of time... I'm not going to talk about it any more. Drop it.
                I can see maturity prevails. O.o /sarcasm. And I can't believe you attacked Tut. You owe her an apology and more respect.

I have a lot of respect for Tut and Sean, and I don't understand how you can feel so self-righteous. I'd almost call it condescending.

*hugs Tut* Things will get better. Life is cyclic. And maybe those people don't believe you're special, but I think you're something. *hugs*

This is an evil week of midterms. Tomorrow is lab assistant in the morning... my teacher originally intended for me to come during that period, but I'm not going to. Lab assistant is not a class. I help grade her papers and set up labs and be a slave. And, well, my hardest midterm is immediately after. I finished studying, but I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow morning and then review everything before I go to school.

Calculus BC is Thursday. Calculus is involved, but in the end, it's the easiest to study for. I try problems, I teach myself what I don't know, and I'll have to rely on whatever genius surfaces during the midterm. Last year's AP exam took me only hours to study for. It's just a matter of memory because I'm good at math.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Sean: DON'T get a dog that is one that can be used for things like herding. I have an Australian Shepard, and he is needs a lot of exercise and room. I don't recomend big dogs with that kind of space, because you have to make sure they gat enough exercise and have enough room to feel comfortable. So Definetly no Dalmatians, I wouldn't recomend Golden Retrievers, Collies, pretty much any big, hyper dog. So, I think that in your current situation, you shouldn't get an animal that wouldn't be happy, and would take a lot of your time to take care of well. maybe a sheltie? i don't know... If you want a big or even medium sized dog, I think you should wwait until you have more room. hope it helps a bit.

Tuttle: I'm happy that you're yourself. without you, then the forums wouldn't be the same. I think (this is my opinion) that it seems that you don't really post to say that you agree to something, but only when you disagree. which is good, because it means that you don't make any (in content) one liners, not to mention that your posts are always lenthy. which I, and many other people would consider a positive thing. And I don't think that you guys needed to point it out, which i guess that you would consider "Eric's side" but, I think that you were right in saying what you did.

Tuttle again: My sister has excema, but it has never gotten to the point of pain. I think it's because you're so stressed out. I think that if you need to rant, then you should do it here, because you probably really need to, and (i think that) we'll all understand... I'll try to, anyway. That is really unfair that the person ignored your ideas and your boyfriends. *bites him* And I think you should rant here more, because we want to help. I hope that your stress level goes down, and things start working out better for you Tuttle.

Gryph: My dog goes through the trash can sometimes to. that's when I drag him out of the room.

Dai all

And I hope things get better for you Tuttle.

Comment

• I'll admit that I find it slightly dissappointing to find drama here after trying to escape it out in the world. Ah well, such is life.

*huggles Tut* Need me to beat some people up for you? & I luff you just the way you are.

My most immediate issue concerns band. Yeah, I know: should be the least of my issues. However, the flute section is one of the most competitive, egotistical sections, therefore making my life difficult. And yes, I include myself in that statement. Basically, there's a gorgeous solo in one of the pieces we're playing: Perthshire Majesty. Annnd...my friend sort of just decided to take it 'cause she's "section leader." The thing is...she's my friend. And I really don't think she's all that better than me. So, apparently, the first part of the solo is going to be passed around until decided, and she has the second part already. Kind of frustrating. Dang this whole issue.

I already had my emotional breakdown of the day, so I won't go into more here. I have a ton more to say, but I have a butt-load of homework to complete. Science fair Friday. Oh, what joy. Lots of love...
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Angel_Star: Ouch. That's an uncomfortable situation. I think that you should still try out, but I could be wrong. I'm not exactly the best person to ask about relationships/friendships. It's just what i'd do.

And I am really frustrated. OK, I've been trying to keep myself from tell you guess all of this stuff, but i am seriously stressed out. I mean, I signed up for all of these competitions, like Science Olympiad, and they are all coming up, to the point that, i won't have a Saturday to myself and relax until March. No kidding. and I have to do all of this work for these, and homework, and piano. and I have to help out with my siblings homework. which means that i NEVER get enough sleep. i also have to get up at 6 to get ready and go to school. So, I don't know what to do, and I can't get enough sleep, so i am REALLY stressed. Not to metion that I can't just blow off my homework one day to get enough rest. Because I happen to get a detention for that. And I am really sorry for telling you guys all of this, but I kind of have to, other wise I won't be able to really deal with the stress. and I can't complain to my parents or anyone, as they keep on reminding me of how I need more sleep, although they apparently can't see why I'm not getting enough. OK, I will try to calm down now. Sorry for ranting. I'll try not to again. And... back to homework. *sighs*

Dai all

and I really am sorry for ranting. I'll probably delete this post later.

Comment

• *huggles Tuttle*

Stress really really sucks...in all kinds of ways. I really hope things get better for you soon, Tuttle.

For some reason it felt like I had a lot to say, but now that I'm actually posting I can't remember. I should come around more often.
                        ~Rachel

Comment

• I'm not going to mention the above...conversation...except to say I agree with Tuttle and Sean.

Well...haven't gotten to a doctor yet. My ear still hurts, but apparently, since I forgot to mention that it hurt to my mom this morning, she thought it had stopped hurting. Ok then. So hopefully I'm going tomorrow...

The end of the semester is next week, so we've got a 3 day week for semester finals. Monday is MLK day, and Friday is semester break for me. I'm glad...I want to relax. Except I'm going to stay overnight at my favorite college (hopefully), so I guess I'm not getting that much of a break.

*huggles Tuttle* We're here for you, you hear me? We love you, and you are a great person who is just having a bad time. It happens to everyone, and it will get better, I promise. If it doesn't, you can come rant to me anytime; I'll listen, even if I don't understand the robot stuff, and even though I don't have all the answers.

Sean...dog...XD *pets Sean's head* Sorry, had to do it. I don't have a dog; my mom hates them, and quite frankly, I'm not that fond of dog hair myself, since I'm slightly allergic. Most of my friends/family have typical dogs-golden retrievers, black labs...all of those require a lot of work/energy. I hate dogsitting this one golden retriever, since he's just such a lot of work. I agree with Gryph-get a bunny. Except don't let flies land on it, since then you'll get a bunny filled with maggots. (true story, it happened to my cousin. Yay MaggotBunny! haha)

I really want a snow day tomorrow...but it's probably not happening. I'm not that lucky. Maybe I'll edit this later with poignant thoughts on life...probably not though.

Comment

• Hungry: *stares* and *stares* if you don't like dogs, then what do you think of wolves? Just because we eat rabbits when there aren't any caribou or deer to hunt... I mean, we all have to eat, don't we? *whines walks over to huddle in corner* And, wolves aren't the same as dogs. We aren't dependent upon people.

and... we don't get maggots as easily as rabbits.
                            *looks up at Hungry from corner* I hope your ear infection is taken care of soon.

Sean: I now advise you get a dog. As long as you listen to what we have been telling you, and advoid big dogs, I think you'll be fine. as long as the dog is happy. after all, they ARE still descendents of wolves...

Dai all

Comment

• I stayed after school today for the engineering club. We made egg cars and dropped them out of the upstairs computer lab, on the third floor. My group made two, and they both made the egg go splat.

We got a piece of construction paper, a foot of tape, and one rubber band. Half of the groups had success. They usually did a combination of a parachute type design, with a pancake type thing in the middle housing the egg, an taking bits of paper and folding them up like accordions and putting them on the bottom of the pancake-thing to soften the fall.

There were SO many people there... the cafeteria was full of engineers. Most of us had our parents pick us up, so the pick-up area at the front of the school was a mess.... Next week, I'm going to take the late bus.

Light homework tonight. But of course, as always, it's all Science. Get quiz 3 signed (for all tests and quizzes, no matter what grade you get, she had them get signed), re-read the packet for Lab 4, and study for test Friday. There was Social Studies, but I got that done during homework/study (A.K.A. Study Hall).

Now, my dad's a member at the YMCA. Some years, he gets me a membership, some years, he doesn't. It's really awkward... usually when he DOES get me a membership (for example, 2007), I only go about twice a year (that was the case last year). Then he decides to not get me a membership, and I agree with that, and he just pays for me as a guest if I should feel a random urge to go. But then I have many of those random urges, and he ends up paying for more in the year than what the membership would have cost.... It's a very hard decision.

Not that I have forgotten about the issue above.

So, I'm just going to leave again for a while... longer, and not even speculate.... ***snip -- gf*** Maybe I'll come back here eventually, maybe I won't... or maybe I'll lurk and make occasional posts. I am getting rid of my signature again, but this time I'll copy and paste it so I don't have to take the time to try and get it formatted correctly if I decide to come back.

Comment

• Sleep. I don't even remember the last time I got eight hours of sleep. It's been a couple weeks at least. I'm at the point where I'm decent if I get six hours (like last night), which means I'm going to completely crash pretty soon. I'm emotionally on-edge, which doesn't help anything...probably due to the lack of sleep. I was pretty close to having a breakdown talking to my friend/ex/whatever he is. I sort of snapped at him and acted like he was the cause of all my problems, when really... I know I just need to chill and quit letting little things bother me so much. He had/has very little to do with my issues. At least, not that he can help, in any case.

I have an obscene amount of homework that wouldn't be so bad if I flippin' knew how to do any of it. We're doing trig in precalc, and our teacher pretty much fails. I'm totally lost for the first time this year. I just can't teach myself this stuff, though I did fine first semester. And then AP Chem has me totally confused, and I have a test tomorrow. Science fair is Friday, and the only thing good about that is that we get out of class.

Winter Ball is Saturday.
                                All fine and dandy...except for my guy issues. Dances always end up disappointing me. Maybe I just have too high of expectations. I dunno.

Wow, this is such a depressing post. Surely I can think of _something_ amusing...

We presented our science fair stuff in Chem. Everybody was totally sarcastic while presenting...
                                Mrs W: How would you further this experiment?
                                K: Well, I'd try one with a horizontal axis...not that this interests me or anything.

And then during M's presentation, he was complaining about how his plant guy lied to him. E and I talked about our cannibalistic mice, and we all teased J 'cause he had no results.

T: Wow! All this math is so above me!
                                Em: Well, I don't understand worms. So. We're even.

Hehe. It was an amusing class, even though my quotes are a poor representation. Well, I'm off to try and figure out my chemsitry before the test. Adios.
                                <3
                                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                                X