No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant understand what are you ytalking about?

O! did you know when I first got DDs book I thought it would be dumb but now i think it is the best book in the world ^_^

Merging two one-liners. You can edit your posts to add to them by using the "eraser and folder" icon - Peter

Comment

• I'm sad at the moment, and thinking, also. Maybe thinking a bit too much for my own good. I just saw my grandma (my dad's mom) for what could be the last time in a long time. She's got Alzheimers, and she's... different. I never really knew my grandmother all that well, she was just- you know. There. But now she isn't. And yet at the same time, she's _there_ more than she ever was. It's like all the talking is gone, all the words that mean something and at the same time don't mean anything are all gone. It's just her, and she isn't hiding behind anything, like all the rest of us do. She's not hiding behind words and memories. She's out there, naked and stripped of all her defenses that the rest of us can use to shield ourselves from the world... she's yelling a challenge, asking life to do it's worst, she'll take it as it comes, and by god, she'll stay who she is until she's dead.

I wonder if she's forgotten yet that dad and I even came to visit. She probably doesn't even remember we were there. But that doesn't matter. She doesn't need to carry around little memories anymore. All that matters is that, for a short time, while we were there, she was happy. Maybe she'll remember, in some tiny imprint in the back of her mind, that we looked at some artwork, and talked about it. Maybe she'll remember that she talked about when my dad was young, he was "Little Ricky". Maybe she'll remember that she showed us a photo of my cousin, my aunt, and her. Mabye she'll remember that I gave her a seashell I found on the beach. Maybe she'll remember that we went for a walk outside. Maybe she'll remember that we were there, and that we loved her.

Maybe not.

Comment

• *hugs ariel tightly*

There's always Timeheart...
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• I have a confession to make to everyone here. Since the day I came, I've been hiding something from each and every one of you. I am female. It started out as a silly joke, and now I realize that this is something that could seriously hurt some people here. Like the bit with Emily, I suppose I thought this was funny. I suppose I didn't realize that I'd come to make as many friends in this chatroom as I would. I didn't think I'd forge the sorts of relationships with people here that I have.

It's a bit of a reoccurring joke in places I go, typically it ends up disappearing fast, but for some reason, it just stuck here. I ended up posing as my brother, and even trying to deepen my voice as much as possible. I haven't been all that great at it, and I've occasionally slipped up, when I got nervous, on the phone and in voice chat. Heck, I've even slipped up on it several times in chat. People have picked up on it, and I tried mostly to laugh it off. Every time though, it was a sting in the chest. Why couldn't I just admit it then? I knew I couldn't hide this much longer, I would have to tell everyone sometime. With my lingering ban from chat and the uncertain possibility of me ever returning, along with some convincing by Lisa, it seemed like as good of a time as ever.

Everyone, I'm sorry if any of my over compensation has been taken in a wrong way. I'm sorry I ever made this joke. I shouldn't have, I should have stopped it a long time ago, I have no idea why I didn't. I truly hope that everyone here can understand and accept it. If you guys really do want to see what I look like and what I sound like, I'll take some pictures of me and post them tomorrow.

Again, I'm sorry to everyone who this has hurt or confused. I don't know why I did it. Lisa, thank you for letting me confide in you today. Thank you for convincing me to write this. You've been a better friend than any girl could hope for.

Thank you,

Michelle Lee Edmonds
          ---
          seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

• uh, I know this is an awful question, but before i write my long, heart felt message- this isn't a joke, is it? because i started writing the long, heart felt message and i relized how ridiculous it would sound if it was a joke...... sorry for this message if it isn't. i guess i'm too paranoid....
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

• DOn't worry neet_wiz, it's ok to paranoid in this case. It IS april fools day, after all. As for the binder coment, thanks! clone, if you're really a girl i want to see pictures proving it. Not that i'll trust any pictures that come in on april fools day, anyways.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• . . .
                Well, I guess I'm Bi now. It's okay Michelle, I still love you.

Your's,

Kinsey

Comment

• Clone didn't update the ownership information for theclone.net, so it still says Andrew Edmonds. I think the photo Lisa has is of Emily. It's not a good day for making true confessions, after all, only for April Fool's Day jokes.

Here's an old BBC April Fool's. Back then, nobody expected TV stations to play jokes on April Fool's Day.
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• ROTFL!!!! omg! This is not the first time that clone has suddenly decided hes a girl, and peronally i dont belive any of it. esspecially since its April Fools Day! ROTFL. April Fools Day is almost over in my time zone, but he sure did get ALOT of people talking about it though. lol. I mean the whole two hours ive been in chat thats pretty much all thay talked about.
                    Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
                    I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
                    If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

• Well this is very , like, woken everyone up. I am not taking a side to which gender Clonie is. Its Clonie desion. We liked her/him all the same when she was ahe. Gender doesnt change the way we look at people. Its personatily. Not gender. Clonie, well at least you told the truth. If you are leing, well, i might just have to hurt you. Lol, I know how it feels after you have just admitted to something that didnt feel right doing for a while. Like me and the age thing. I finally told the truth. People still like me. Clonie, dont feel bad. And like, even if you did say you were a girl in the begining we would hav still all loved you, as we did when you said you were a guy! Its the way you make some of us smil,e the funny corny thing you do. Not gender. If you thought that if you were a guy and not a girl, you were wrong. We are all people in this world. I would be very very, mad if you were to be making this all up. If you were lieing i would just be ick ick ick at you. And you would be making fun of women! So, i got that out, adn you dont need to make lies about what you did to get friends. We are all together in this tiny world that has been given to us. Lets make the best of it, and tell the truth, instead of lieing. Yes, we may only have one life, but dont lie to make it interesting. I know i mied about my age, which i regert greatly.

And even if this is April Fools Day, it can still be a true confession. He/she just picked today to do it, and thats the best. She/he finally got it out of her/his system and that is what counts. Not because it is AFD, but for the thought thats she finally knew to come on out with it.

With happiness,

Tori
                      Love and be loved

Comment

• Oh... wait. Nevermind, I am a guy.
                        ---
                        seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

• Tori:
                          Clonie, well at least you told the truth.
                          XDDD ROFL Smooth, Tori, really smooth. It was on April Fool's day.

And PM! Ahahaha, that's the best article. XD
                          quoteth PM's link:
                          Others, however, were so intrigued they wanted to find out where they could purchase their very own spaghetti bush.
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *destroys clone* I knew it! Do you have any idea what was happening in chat!?! mousey was rolling around going "it's not real, it's not real" and lost was yelling people for not believing you!
                            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• "Why couldn't I just admit it then? I knew I couldn't hide this much longer, I would have to tell everyone sometime. With my lingering ban from chat and the uncertain possibility of me ever returning" *dies from laughing* Great one Clone, one of the better April Fools I've seen, aside from my dad "postponing spring break", best one, and way funnier, his was just cruel. Bravo Clone, bravo....
                              "You've been a better friend than any girl could hope for." Oh, *tear tear* touching... (I'm trying VERY hard not to burst out laughing right now) And great heartfelt posts you guys, just great..... even if he really is a guy *fails in the attempt not to laugh and rolls on the floor laughing hysterically*
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• jerk.
                                well, no, it was kinda fun to add to the havoc in chat. lol.

agent m: YOU can laugh, this is your first post in response.
                                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                                X