No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The robot on a rampage is amusing, in a faint way. I just pity the admins, needing to clean up after it. I'm a section moderator at a role-playing forum and keeping the place organized is time-consuming enough even without spam/mass messaging. Good luck with that, guys!

I had my final exams for blocks A and B. C and D are tomorrow. We have half days on exam days. Each exam is 2 hours long, with a 20-minute break in between.

It was the last time that my English and Theater classes gathered as a group. And those classes have some of the best memories. I'll never forget the Underwear Massacre in theater class, in which there was a pair of underwear on the floor in the auditorium that nobody claimed... so it was thrown away. Also, when my English teacher pretended she was in trouble.... We were having acted arguments in class based on Shakespearean phrases/insults when we were doing the Romeo and Juliet unit, and the teacher got the class really loud and rowdy. Then, the Dean of Students (normally it's the Dean of Teachers and Curriculum, but she wasn't available) walked in and said that we were making a ton of noise, and for my teacher to come to his office after school and bring her... some important teaching certificate. Then my teacher acted all sad and shaken up. The next day she told us it was a lie. A few days ago, we told her that she couldn't manipulize us by making us argue with each other... and she did with the Shakespearean insults.

On Wednesday, our last normal Science class before its exam tomorrow, we just talked the whole block. The teacher planned on reviewing for the exam, and asked us if we'd like to do that... no. She said a teacher once said to her, "If you don't know at this point, you don't know it at all." Or something like that. So we didn't feel guilty. We ended the class by asking the teacher to say something nice about all of the students, and she later had (crazy) predictions of our futures. She said that I seem to be an individual who doesn't give in to peer pressure. And apparently I'm going to be a park ranger?!
    Last edited by EricG1793; January 15, 2009, 06:27:14 PM.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Leda!! Yay!! So, you want your specialty to be lucid dreaming right? Do you think your dreams would always hold meaning, or just sometimes?
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• Most the time. I had this dream once when I was 9 that I was swimming and that summer my mom put me in SWIMLEAD!
        And then other stuff too. I keep on having dreams about a boy I like though. Hmph, not fair.
        "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
        "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
        "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
        "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glede View Post
          Most the time. I had this dream once when I was 9 that I was swimming and that summer my mom put me in SWIMLEAD!
          And then other stuff too. I keep on having dreams about a boy I like though. Hmph, not fair.
          Oh a boy! Do tell. I've only been with one guy, and one guy only. We're still friends now too, and sometimes we tell each other EVERYTHING! You've been having dreams about him? That's so cool. I wish mine came easily about people, but I envision people and there aura when I'm daydreaming, or when I'm in the middle of a trance.
          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• Cool Glede! Most of my dreams are like stories, they're rational but they are also like I'm in the middle of a fantasy book, and I'm a character. When I wake up, I write them down, in the hopes that someday I'll turn them into books that do them justice.

(For all you other members wondering what the heck we're talking about, go to the Wizardly Partnerships topic. They got off topic, so we moved our conversation to here, the place of randomness)

EDIT:

You guys do know we could just have this as a PM conversation, right?
            "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Um... His name is Daniel L. He's a grade younger then I am.

Comment

• So, how old are you again, Glede? 'Cause my sister went out with a guy who was a year younger than her, and she's 15.

Also, I have a friend with a weird summer birthday, so she's 13 and in 7th grade, and she's going out with a normal 7th grader.
                "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• I'm... thriteen. And he's.... twelve. But he acts eleven.

Look, I g2g! Be back Tuesday at 3:30!
                  Last edited by Glede; January 15, 2009, 10:20:31 PM.

Comment

• Glede/Zirsta/Wiccangixie: I agree with whoever suggested you move your conversation to a PM; the conversation you're having just isn't...conducive to allowing others into the conversation, and although we're all about randomness in the TOGR, it helps when others can participate in the randomness.

Back at school finally...in my dorm room sauna. It is so hot in this room, it's insane-like, it's -5 degrees out right now, and both of the windows are open wide so my roomie and I don't die of heatstroke. I did miss college over break...but I don't know. I think going back to school changed something between me and my best guy friend who I like and who likes me...and it's not a good change, so I'm a bit annoyed. Need to find time to talk to him about that soon.

Right now I'm confused about a lot of stuff; what I want my major to be, what I want to do eventually when I'm done with college, where I'm going to be able to get a job this summer, and, of course, the whole stupid boy thing I mentioned above. I don't like not knowing what's going on in my own life, so this is all kind of driving me crazy. I desperately need a job for the summer, but it's hard to get a job where I live, and it'll be even harder with the economy the way it is.

On the good side, the pair of running shoes I ordered in the mail ought to be coming tomorrow (Friday? Is it midnight yet?) Excited about that, even though I can't really go running outside unless I want to freeze...this cold is driving me nuts.

Alright, I'm going to study for a geology quiz and go to bed...this is ridiculous, i can't even think right now I'm so confused about stuff. I hate this!

Comment

• I don't know about you guys but talking about guys freaks me out... Can we talk about girls, o never mind not girls my gf broke up with me today.
                      It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
                      That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

• Why'd she break up with you?

Don't answer if you don't want to, I don't want to go prying into your personal life...

Comment

• This girl Missy cornered me after school and got way to close like close enough to kiss me type thing, and i put my hands up to push her away and Emily thought i was doing something else... so i tried to talk to her after the game but she didn't even look at me , and then i called her and she screened my calls. uhh!
                          It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.

Comment

• Oh. That sucks. Sorry.

I hope she listens to you eventually... I can't really empathize, I'm too you to date...

Yeah, the forums are not only for insanity, but for moral support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Septimus View Post
                              This girl Missy cornered me after school and got way to close like close enough to kiss me type thing, and i put my hands up to push her away and Emily thought i was doing something else... so i tried to talk to her after the game but she didn't even look at me , and then i called her and she screened my calls. uhh!
                              Wow, now if she won't even listen to what you have to say about the whole sitch, that just makes her immature, but she'll cool down soon though. We girls always do. Did she really break up with you?! I'm so sorry! Let her cool down though too, or when the time's right or when she wants to talk, be there to listen. People tend to be quite weird *cough* stupid *cough* when they're angry. She needs to chill

--
                              That's true We do, but sometimes you men aren't exactly a walk in the park either.
                              Sometimes all it takes is time to calm down for girls or guys.
                              --
                              Its always worth it when friends are involved. Here we have beautiful Freedom Park, and I thought about doing that too. Just picking one day at least every couple weeks where everyone gets together.
                              --
                              wow; who knew managers were so uncool sometimes. I always thought that book store managers would be nicer about that sort of thing, sometimes I think every person should just take a chill pill every once in a while, and look at things from a nicer perspective.
                              --
                              haha, hey! some managers are female u know. what about them? just find the right book store septy, a great manager will turn up eventually.
                              --
                              Woooh! Hunny I tried! OMG, the stupid age requirement of 18 makes me want to blow up a book store! JK, maybe not

I hope you find a good place though.
                              --
                              The people that I talked to told me that I have to be 18, or maybe it was 17, but it bugged me to death when I found out.
                              --
                              THATS AWESOME! NC is just crazy to tell the truth. Hey, which book genre is your ultimate fave though?
                              --
                              Sure! I'm not going anywhere, so take your time.
                              --
                              So what did you like or not like about Twilight? And what kind of water spells would you use? What about videogames that you've played? You got me curious now.
                              --
                              Awesome!! Of course, I could melt the shields, you might want to learn some ice moves. Twilight didn't really give Bella and Edward's relationship time to develop.

I've been trying to escape to Morrison library, and I have a project to work on. I want to go the Metaphysical store, but there's no way I'll get there what with the MLK Parade and all. My dad got Enterprise to pay for a float, so we're representing in the MLK day Parade.
                              --
                              Basically MLK's dream, and my dad's organization within known as the Pisgah Lodge. Think of it like the Free Masons.
                              --
                              Martin Luther King The most innovative man ever.
                              --
                              Hey, how was hypnotism hard? *curious*
                              --
                              Oh wow! Well, maybe someone will establish a technique that will work on everyone.
                              Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 16, 2009, 11:27:43 PM. Reason: merging three pages of one-liners

Comment

• Ya she does need to calm down...ALOT... she talked to me today, long enough to say we're through but its ok it's her loss after all. and like you said you girls *cough* have temper problems *cough* so she'll calm herself down eventualy.
                                --
                                Now thats something i love doing walking in the park on sunny days. going on picnicks with my friends girls mostly and 2 or 3 guys, then swimming out at the beach, or hiking along wilderness/recreation trails, going to the movies. We usualy have a day like that one a month and normally it blows an entire 2 weeks alowance but hey it was worth it.
                                --
                                Ya those days are fun but sometimes i prefer sitting in a book store. did you know that once at borders i got kicked out by the manager who thought i was reading the books but not paying for them, whitch i did sometimes but wasn't doing then so i don't go there any more.
                                --
                                Originally posted by Wiccangixie
                                wow; who knew managers were so uncool sometimes. I always thought that book store managers would be nicer about that sort of thing, sometimes I think every person should just take a chill pill every once in a while, and look at things from a nicer perspective.
                                Me too, but most manager's are mean bald old guys who never got married and so their lives are empty. at least in my expieirnce(sp).
                                --
                                Ha i hope so i want to get a summer job at a book store maybe...
                                --
                                me too. what age requirement???
                                --
                                oh that sucks i just need to take a test to get a permit!
                                --
                                Yay me!
                                --
                                Teen, because it has books from all genres.
                                i'm gonna start a thread so hold on a sec.
                                --
                                kk it's up
                                --
                                Originally posted by Wiccangixie
                                So what did you like or not like about Twilight? And what kind of water spells would you use? What about videogames that you've played? You got me curious now.
                                I thought tmilight needed to include bella's thoughts that was a big miss on its part.

I play pretty much any xbox 360 game known to man, halo, gears, call of duty etc.

I would use tons of water manipulation shields sords etc.

not in the first movie no. and i will learn some ice moves btw. so what are you up to this weekend??
                                --
                                Cool! what are you representing???
                                --
                                Whats mlk?
                                --
                                It was hard cause the human mind is complex and unique just because a certain hypnosis worked on one person doesn't mean it will wok on another.
                                --
                                Idk the mind is pretty complex...
                                Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 16, 2009, 11:28:56 PM. Reason: merging three pages of one-liners

Comment

Working...
                                X