The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS... like my new avie???

Finally figured that one out. *sigh* It's about time.
    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Nice one, Chani! Now, I wold not say HP3 sucked. It was ok. They left a WHOLE LOT out, but what they had in was good!
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      **Neets**
      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Yeah, HP3 was pretty good...lots of plot holes if you hadn't read the book and they left out the part where Harry tells his uncle his god father is a mass murderer...my favorite!

Comment

• hee. I thought it was passable (sp?)... ups were the artistic camera angles, the better indications of how much MIDDLE OF NOWHERE hogwarts really is in, and Malfoy's new 'do (i dint like the hairgel).

Downs were sub-par casting, and inaccuracies/discontinuities/cutting... but the other one had a problem with the latter as well, so hey.

...! gah! forgot to check for Three Shot Rule... >.<

(..oh, Chani... if you're going to post something in the same topic really, really close to the last thing you posted, it's smart to just edit the previous post, so as to save DD's cash and wot :wink:. Yeah.... sorry to nag, tho'... )

Comment

• God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• When I found out that they weren't going to split Goblet of Fire into two films as rumoured, but were going to make just one about the same length as the first three, I decided the film will go like this...

Oh, yeah, spoilers. Select the white text if you already know the plot.
              <span class="ev_code_WHITE">'Harry, do you want to come to the World Cup?' 'Ok.' 'Here we are.' 'That's Viktor Krum.' 'I hate Mudbloods.' 'Riot!' 'where's my wand?' 'That's Mad-Eye.' '... and fourthly, Harry Potter.' 'I believe you, Harry.' 'Ouch, that burnt!' 'Ok, so we know you're a girl.' *dance dance* 'You rescued 'er!' 'We'll take it together.' 'Kill the spare.' 'What's happening?' 'He can't be back -- he just can't!' 'This is for the joke-shop.'
              </span>

Of course, they might manage to get a few more bits in. Split-screen would let them show two scenes at once, so the film would seem twice as long - providing you watched it twice.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• That's just what I thought, PM! If they do a fifth one people at the teather will see it on fast-forward.
                Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                ------------------------------------------------------------
                "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Oops, i don't think I put this on my last post, but it's not in my permissions to upload my own avatars, and I don't know why I can't cause everyone else can. AUG! So frusterating!

Actually, school is so frusterating! I still have a week and a day. AND THE LAST DAY IS ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone, ANYONE, just shoot me and put me out of my misery!
                  Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• It's sunday, and I woke up before 7 am. Stupid nightmares. As for HP, yeah I agree that they had to cut out a lot. And think about OotP. That book is over 700 pages long. How are they going to fit all that in a movie? They're going to have to do it in halves, like Kill Bill or something. It's just not practical.

The other problem is that the HP books are so thoroughly read by so many people that the movies just can't compete. It's not like some obscure book being made into a movie, where no one knows the plot. That's why it's so important to keep to the storyline.

Of course, I liked the PoA movie. I'm also a little more subjective though, because I love watching for stuff like the cinematography, and the way the scene is set and all that. The storyline wasn't half bad either. So long as you haven't read the book. Because that's when you start noticing the missing pieces. See the above paragraph.
                    http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• School is nearly over, biW! Don't give up yet!

BiW:
                      Oops, i don't think I put this on my last post, but it's not in my permissions to upload my own avatars, and I don't know why I can't cause everyone else can. AUG! So frusterating!
                      Silly. Only admins can upload their own avies onto this. You have to upload it somewhere else and link it to here. You're allowed to link avitars.

PM:
                      Of course, they might manage to get a few more bits in. Split-screen would let them show two scenes at once, so the film would seem twice as long - providing you watched it twice.
                      Haha... That'd be brilliant. Well... more like ridiculus, 'specially with two people talking at once, possibly two of the same people. That'd get confusing. And then two sets of music tracks playing... Ahhh.

Some people say it's great. Some people say it's bad. Meh. I have got to see it for myself definitly.

I'm still a member! Wouldn't you think 500 some posts would count as at least a level up? I mean, c'mon! It only takes a newbie to make 11 posts to get this rank. It takes 1,000 posts for a dedicated oldbie (or semi-oldbie) to get out of it. Insane! It makes me feel like a newbies. Ubearably so.

Fireworks! Yesterday I went with a friend to see fireworks... Beautiful. I love fireworks. 'Specially the ones with amber trails. It was mostly red, white, and blue themed (talk about obsessively patriotic!). In the beginning, it started out with a 'spray' of little fireworks in threee columns. The middle was red, we knew, but the edges... Couldn't tell which was blue and which was white; they both liked white. Then it started launching bigger ones. Turned out that the outer two columns were blue, not white. :P

Now for a bit of talk about being obsessively patriotic. It's good to be a bit patriotic and support your country. Being too patriotic is bad; that's following your leader to whatever s/he wants, and blindly so. Like Hitler. He had most of Germany backing him up way too much.

[added:]

Chani! I love your icon! It looks like a plane is supposed to be in your avie somewhere...
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Fox - They have a different director for the 4th movie. (Different from Chris and Alfonso(?) even.) Which should really change the feel of the HP films even more.

I feel very sorry for the majority of people who watched it and don't like it. I have to admit, it is hard to accept the drastic changes in the way that the movie was made. I keep hounding people about the fact that it *IS* a different director. Different person means the story is told a different way.

I also keep saying that JKR said that the third movie was more like what she had envisioned for the HP movies. She was pleased about things that made it into the movie that pertain to the last two books, which even the director didn't know about.

The reason that I said that people should give the HP movie a second chance, is that I did (after being somewhat dissatisfied after the first viewing) and found that the movie grows on you or that you are prepared the second time for what you are going to see and you are better prepared to enjoy it. Anyways, I hope all of you who hate the movie will take my advice.... if not, okay... but please stop bashing it for not including all your favorite parts and complaining that the feel changed so much from one director to another. I've heard it from 17 people now and going on about it again, won't change the way the movie is.

Peter Murray &
                        Deigo - I laughed so much over your posts.... indeed, split screen viewing and fastforwarding. Hahaha. I am sure that in continuing with the past, they will leave a ton out of the movie again, and promote countless raging by inscensed Potter fans worldwide. I don't know, maybe they should make it for TV and do like the Dune movie makers did and make them 5 hour several-part series and charge 10 million per half minute commercial spot. Maybe they can do like Dune did and remake the original and add in all the fan favorites... that way, when all finished with the 7 movies for TV, we can spend a week watching them non-stop.

Someone order up a projection screen and build a theatre and we will all go on vacation there and enjoy it... course, that will be 20 years off. (I am in a rare mood today.)

BIW - I tried the avatar thing too and that is what I got as an answer too. I found out that I wasn't going about it correctly. You have to host it on the web somewhere and hyperlink to it. Well, what that really means is get an account (a free one btw) here: http://www.photobucket.com/ and upload your picture. (it will resize it for you... just edit it and play around with it.... I think it will make it the following: 75% smaller, 50% smaller and 25% smaller. This is what I did and then copied the URL into the avatar spot and then pressed submit. It finally worked... and apparently, I am not allowed to be extremely happy about that. ('Course in all my happiness, I just posted where I posted before instead of going to the propper thread. I still would have posted it, but I was too happy and was therefor, lazy.)

Drea - Thank you. Finally someone who isn't bashing the movie, was prepared for the changes and took them in stride, and actually understands the limits and time constraints of the movie making business. *nodding head* My kind of person today. (Well, I do literally mean today... 'course, my opinion is subject to change at random moments.)

Anyhows, ALL, I was tired of wading through the bashings that seemed to be getting worse without saying anything new. (Sorry Semi, but your post put me over the edge. Sheesh... I should allowed to be a little lazy on my birthday. What good are they for, if ya can't have something somewhere???)

Kli and PM - If you get tired of hearing thanks from me, I'm sorry, but thank you for relaying all the chat.. well, most of the chat to me yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I'm hoping everything gets righted with Chime and everyone figures out the connection problems, 'cause it is a great chat program.

Okay... end of rant for today.
                        -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                        The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                        I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Oh well. I'll have to watch it again.
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Hey people! Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I was in Florida, getting a tan! (more like a burn) It was soooo fun! We got a new computer, cause the old one crashed.
                            <3
                            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Chani, you were right about getting yet another director for the fourth movie. Take a look.

The bonus is that he's the guy who directed Mona Lisa Smile, which I loved. Except it's going to be really different to do fantasy compared to historical fiction.

Edit: Shrek 2 was great. I absolutely loved it.
                              http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• Chani:
                                Different person means the story is told a different way.
                                Inevitably. You have the same text, same book, but they're are tons of different people, all with different interpretations of the exact same text. When a movie changes directors, you're gonna get that.

Angelstar, FLORIDA RULES!!! I love nearly everything about it. I miss Florida so bad... I lived there for 5 years, and then had to leave all of my friends behind. I don't have anyway of contacting my best friend from there. And if I saw her again, we wouldn't recognize each other. I've changed so much since then.

Everyone says Shrek 2 was great!!!! Aug, dunno how I'm gonna convince my parents to let me see it. If my brother doesn't want to go; we're not going.
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X