No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marthcounts? Math League? Can someone explain?
    I too like maths, but cannot stand homework. I know it is good for me etc... but since when has that been a reason to do anything.

Reciprocal means each way... so reciprocal motion is back-and-forth. Similarly, if someones feelings are reciprocal to yours, it means they feel the same way about you as you do about them. The maths meaning comes from the fact that if you have numbers x and y such that xy=1, then x and y are the reciprocals of each other... it is not exacatly the same as the language meaning, but it is close.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Ah. I see... Having a big brain laspe there.

Math Counts and Math League are both things that you can do. I dunno about Math Counts, but I know that some math league groups meet after school.

Woohoo!!! It's Friday today. We have pizza for lunch every Friday. Not school, pizza, but good stuff! Added bonus: no homework! Woohoo! And everyone knows how much I hate homework. heh. I love weekends! I think I'm repeating myself...

What else...? Woah! Gryphon is out of topics! Once in a lifetime thing...

Gonna go RP now. Hey, if you haven't already, join Abroad, the White Forest, and the Circus! Though I'm not in it, join the Chatroom too.

Now to list the links:
      Abroad
      -Based off Diane Duane's Young Wizard books
      The White Forest
      -A role-playing site for people who love fantasy books! We don't follow any guidelines from books; we make the rules here.
      Circus
      -M's Circus! Woohoo!!!
      Chatroom
      -Rad's Chatroom

I'm in all of the sites except for the chatroom. The insane Gryphon is too.

-MaThFrEaK
      "Hehehe. You smell funny."
      "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
      "Izza mousey!"
      ~Gryphon~
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• I keep posting on the really old topics because I missed so much from before. Was there alot on Chatter 1?

*Eliana*

Comment

• *Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

• Okay...the story of Winter Formal. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to tell y'all about it...

First, My best friend and I got ready. This took about 5 hours and was INCREDIBLY fun. We did nails, hair, make-up, dresses, etc...

At about 5:00, my date arrived (unfortunately, his mother was driving him, so it wasn't a very stunning entrance)...He gave both of us corsages. After all of the mothers cried for a while and moaned that their babies were growing up, we left for the mall. We got our pictures taken and met my best friend's brother for dinner. So, my date, my best friend, her brother, his date, his best friend, and his best friend's date all went to this sushi place for dinner. The food wasn't very good, but the company was excellent.

At about 8:00, we left the mall and headed for the dance. The place where they had it was amazing. It was a huge mansion with two courtyards, 6 party rooms, and BUTLERS! I truly felt like a princess. There were various amuzing things to do: three bands--Asian, 80s, and Trance, a dancing New Year dragon (who tripped alot and eventually got lost and left), strawberry smoothies, and these darling little tables with little candles.

About half way through, I turned to my date and said:
              me: Do you like me?
              him: Yes.
              me: I mean--
              him: Ya, I really like you.
              me: I like you too.
              him: Will you be my girlfriend?
              me: Yes.
              We hugged. My first hug.

We slow danced after that, but we spent most of our time with my friend and her brother. He's in college now, but he's still a legend at our school, so all of the popular kids came over to talk to him AND US!

One of my friends--we're on the science olympiad team together--got crowned winter formal king. It's really great because he's not popular or anything. He's a just a regular guy. Well, he's not regular, because he's a genius and he plays with capacitors for fun.

My date held my hand all the way home. He's very sweet.

All in all, it was a great night.

Later on, my dates mom decided that we weren't allowed to go out because we're too young. W've renamed our relationship "good friends who occasionally hug and hold hands."

Very cool

A Jedi Ewok
              And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and *almost* a new driver...
              A physics geek
              And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• Agent M: Remember the Pirate KBA? Never came to anything, though...
                FireWitch: ...!!! you got nerve, girl. (good thing, of course.) Can't imagine asking a guy that out of the blue...even on a date...but then again, I'm Barlowe.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

• Cool FW that is really sweet!!!

The monkey made me do it!
                    ~Z~
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Awesome Firewitch! Hope you two stay 'good friends' for a while.

Aug... I'm having trouble typing (and reading) posts because Sparkle here says she wants to be pet. (pur pur pur)

-MaThFrEaK
                      "Hehehe. You smell funny."
                      "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
                      "Izza mousey!"
                      ~Gryphon~
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Wilf I just got done wiht a Mathcounts compitition today and I got 9th out of 50 ppl.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                        *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                        *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                        *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                        *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                        *Many have come and go

Comment

• Devin: You do Mathcounts too? Cool! Was that a chapter competition or a state competition? What state are you from? I'm from Connecticut.
                          Wilf: Mathcounts is this USA math league for people in grades 6 - 8. There's 3 competitions: chapter (like everyone in your county), state, and national. If you do well at the chapter competition, you go on to state. If you do really really well - one of the top 4 people - at states, you go to the national competition.
                          FW: Wow, I could have never asked a guy if he like me out of the blue. But that's awesome!
                          Now, if I could just get the guys at my school to 1, notice me, and 2, grow a bit taller, I'd be all set...

Comment

• I live in Kansas and I'm in 8th grade plus I just did Mathcounts this year so I have quite got the hang of it yet but our school took 3rd at chapter and one of my friends is heading to state. I don't know if he went to nationals last year or not?
                            FW: Frankly I could never as a girl out right out of the blue because its hard not to know a girl out of 58 ppl in my grade.

*Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                            *Many have come and go

Comment

• Originally posted by Skitty:
                              Math Counts and Math League are both things that you can do. I dunno about Math Counts, but I know that some math league groups meet after school.
                              Without being nasty, that was an awesome explanaition. Thanks Luthien though. It sounds like the Math Olympiad, which is a Eurupean wide comepition. I once made it through past the first round. Fro teh entire country, tehy select 6 pupils to represent the UK against other countries. No calulaltors or measuring implements allowed.....

Comment

• Well for Mathcounts you can use calulators on diffrent rounds which are four you are allowed to use them in two rounds.

*Many have come and go

Comment

Working...
                                X