No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, my friend told me... the guidance counsellors tried to convince her parents to have her committed to a institution... and its only for cutting. It does destroy your confidence in authority, but I'm not surprised. After all... in my school, there's only one guidance counsellor worth anything. Even the school nurse... supposedly, you're allowed to just write your name and they'll call you down, if you want to talk, but it doesn't work like that. My friend wanted to get some help because she was really feeling depressed, and so she did that... they never called her down.

I know it seems weird, but cutting doesn't strike horror in me. For me... it's just another way to deal. Not one I use, don't worry... I deal by crying. I know it makes me look like a crybaby, but its healthier and it makes me feel better, so whatever. But I have a couple of friends who either do or used to cut, and for them... it's just a way of dealing with stress.

I'm weird...

Yeah, I wanna know what FW's grandmother's reaction was to her winter fprmal date too!

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Cutting... it's a way of avoiding some stress I suppose. For me, I breakdown and cry when it all piles up. Too much pressure really does hurt. But after a while it gets better. I move around the trouble or it just dissapears. But cutting. I suppose it's kinda okay, but people shouldn't get into a habit of catting. That's rally gonna hurt in the future if not now.

Your school has issues! I know that sounded a bit Gryphonish, but it's true! My school probably has some of that too. 'Adult' doesn't mean as much anymore. ...And it's not all that comforting to think about.

-MaThFrEaK
      "Hehehe. You smell funny."
      "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
      "Izza mousey!"
      ~Gryphon~
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Haven't been around for ages. :P Anyway--

Aurora: Yes, I'm hopelessly sheltered. We've covered this already. I go to a fairly exclusive Christian school. But--I realize that I'm sheltered, and I accept that there's much out there beyond my comprehension, and I'm willing to withold judgement until I learn.
        Skitty: Aurora's school scares us all. And long posts are good.
        Everyone in general: Didn't we get some sort of warning about posting just to increase post count?...

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
        My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
        OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Hello Ppl!. Not all public high schools are like Aurora's. A lot of schools might be a little like it but not 100%.

The monkey made me do it!
            ~Z~
            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Totally off-topic, but what else is this thread for?
              Tui: I'm assuming you ditched the newbie packs. Yes?

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
              OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
              --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Yeah, I think that's a one timer. Does anyone like my third avatar? Got any ideas for a new one? (jk) Okay this must not be a 1 liner, this must not be a 1 liner.

~Z~

Comment

• "The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                  -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)"

I love that book, Papercrane! Lol. Terry Pratchett is awesome. Funny, too.

K... I oughta go send in my icon to Lee. Zgirl2003, are you Suurua? Col character that is! We all love our kitties! Gryphon especially. Hehe. We all love our insane ball of black fur.

What else... Hmm. I just started this book called Faerie Wars. From the library it looked kinda thick. Lots o' pages and a hardcover, y'know? But then I saw that it had a HUGE font size! Woah... And it's a bit different.

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams... I LOVE that bookseries! If you like big books that are really great (and well-written), get these! I've repeatedly been talking abot them on Abroad. But it's cuz they're so good!

Yep... I think I had a bit much sugar. Watch out RPers! You might find an extra hyper Gryphon. "Hehehe, you smell hehehe funny."

-MaThFrEaK
                  "Izza mousey!"
                  ~Gryphon~
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                    "I could live

Comment

• Yeah, the avidgamer sites work for me. I got onto the circus, Abroad, and White Forest... no problem for me. I dunno what's up with the Circus, but it still has issues on the public page. Uggg. I'm adding stuff to the logo for the White Forest. To see what it looks like so far, go to... actually, I'll make a clickable link. It's my freewebs site.
                      My site

Uhh... it needs quite a bit of work. I think I have a link to Abroad... and a really sucky picture of Gryphon. You don't need to look at the Gryphon picture, seriously! It's a black cat that looks kinda drunk... and ugly, ect.
                      Go to 'my art' page or whatever I named it. i was going to put on more, but all I have to far is what the logo looks like right now. If you go to the 'My Cat's page, you can look at my kitties! They're so cute. Sparkle is the cat that always gets grumpy.

Heh. It's Sparkle AKA 'The Moose' because... guess what? It's what my brother nicknamed her! Heh. Tronas with his moose and squirrels. LOL. Cinnamonis a cute kitty. Cassie is my favorite... she's so sweet. It was probably my brother who tok the picture of Cassie. She looks really POed. Cassie doesn't like him.
                      But she likes me! She follows me around and purs... such a sweet thing.

-MaThFrEaK
                      "Izza mousey!"
                      ~Gryphon~

Comment

• HEY!!!! THAT'S MEAN!!!

My school's not creepy!

IT'S THE SECOND BEST SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT!!! And the school we're second to doesn't allow anyone with anything less than an A average attend, and they throw you out if you get anything less than a C there.

MY SCHOOL IS A VERY GOOD SCHOOL!!

On another note, I just read "The Truth About Islam." It was a very... Interesting book.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• G: Who is Suurura?
                          I love tigers! The almost are as cool as the letter Z!

~Z~

Comment

• Aurora: I didn't say it was creepy, I said it scared me. And it does.

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Suurua? You're not her? Oh. I think we have two new members at one time then! Woohoo! Did you apply?

I didn't think anyone's application would get through because Rrraua hasn't been able to log on. I wish she could! Her and the LP have a bad internet connection. But both of them are good! And some applications did get through. My Lone Power one I got back the next day.

Oooh... I wonder if I have my icon yet. Hopefully, hopefully!

-MaThFrEaK
                              "Izza mousey!"
                              ~Gryphon~

Comment

• I was finding it odd that Aurora finds a drug-ridden school normal. I went to what you would call a public school, and it wasn't anything like that. However, I think normaility is just what you are used to - it is something sepecific to a person, and is not an absoloute.
                                To illustarte my point a little: I spent my childhood in a country where terrorist bombs going off were barely newsworth. They would get about two lines in the evening news, generally just before the sport. I considered that 'normal', because that is what had always happened.
                                This only really hit home when we went abroad for a holiday. At home, in bus/railway stations and airports, you would get repeated warnings not to leave your luggage anywhere. (If you did, it would cause the place to be evacuated before your luggage was destroyed in a "controlled explosion".) However, whilst on holiday, there were no such warnings - and I found that really not normal.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                                "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
                                X