No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my, Wilf! Terrorist bombs... I've never lived in an area that was threatened like that. All my life I've been an America, though I'm not exactly proud of it. People here abuse their freedom and words like 'respect' or 'honor' have become obsolete. It's kinda sad to look at how life was and what it used to be. But don't always think the past is better. Sometimes the future brings good technology and things. Always remember to find joy in the little things, then move up to finding the bigger things.

What's considered normal is different for everyone. You have your own views and opinions, and a lot of them are based off your environment or other people's opinions. But don't always take other people's opinions. Develope your own, definitly!

However, I think normaility is just what you are used to - it is something sepecific to a person, and is not an absoloute.
    That's so true, Wilf.

-MaThFrEaK
    "Hehehe. You smell funny."
    "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
    "Izza mousey!"
    ~Gryphon~
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• My friend and I had another talk with the principal today...they brought the kid in and some other people, including the girlfriend, who had heard him say some things...Well, he said he lied. And, um, he looked like he was about to cry. I'm not sure if I believe it. I want to, but my cynical side...well. And I'm sure someone will say something about how gullible I am...*sigh* but oh well.

*is cautious* Um, Aurora, what was that The Truth about Islam book about?

I read Faerie Wars! It's really good. I got the Subtle Knife and am reading it now. Afterwords...I'm not sure. I would like to read Master and Commander.

Whoops, time for dinner. Bye!

*Ella*

Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana.
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• Wow M! YOu must be a really good skier. I've never taken one lesson. But that will all change in a few weeks.

The monkey made me do it!
          ~Z~
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• The silly shout box won't work for me and I can't get to the circus

Lissa
            "We pray for our sorrows to end,
            and hope that our hearts will blend.
            Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
            And who knows:
            starting a new journey may not be so hard
            or maybe it has already begun.
            There are many worlds,
            but they

Comment

• *Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

• I have a boy friend!
                I have a boy friend!

*dances in circles*

A Jedi Ewok
                And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and *almost* a new driver...
                A physics geek
                And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• You must be really good, M! Watching people ski down sleeps from tv looks really dangerous... *shivers* And I hate heights!

Woohoo, Firewitch!

I suppose I'm not deep enough into Faerie Wars. It's just that the boy's mom is a les... that's a shock. And in the very beggining of the book ya find out, too. Just great.

I dunno what it is with Philip Pullman and His Dark Materials. I remember that I didn't like them... but I read them forever ago! I'd have to reread it to get an opinion. I have too mnay books to read right now. Actually, that's a good thing.

-MaThFrEaK
                  "Izza mousey!"
                  ~Gryphon~
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• FW! you still didn't tell us about Winter Formal! SPILL !

The monkey made me do it!
                    ~Z~
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Yeah, we're all waiting... I'm so bored that I have nothing else to do. So how was the Winter Formal? Fun I hope!

Heh. I'm always bored. And guess what! Gryphon here doesn't have any homework due tomorrow! Wait... math. I hate math homework. But, hehe, I love math. Kinda contradictory. And I'm NOT a nerd!

I have half a billion projects to do... but they aren't due tomorrow, so nothing to worry about! The book report on Crusader is going to be easy. You guys have GOT to read Crusader. Such a good book.

What else... I'm still reading Faerie Wars and To Green Angel Tower. God, three books at once. I haven't been reading those two because of the book report. Instead,

-MaThFrEaK
                      "Izza mousey!"
                      ~Gryphon~

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• Hey. I still have a huge stash of books from Christmas and when I went shopping after Christmas. Oooh, i love book! Don't we all?

I still have a tiger avatar, so I'm going to upload a few piccys onto freewebs and link 'em. Soon after I'm gonna see if I can have it as an avatar so it doesn't cost DD extra money. Hey, I'd certainly hate to make one of my fav. authors pay because of an avatar! She's not my favorite; I don't really have one. It's just that her Young Wizard books are among the cluster of books that I count as 'good enough'. You don't want me to list all the books I like! I read A LOT and my list is HUGE. It's what you'd expect from someone who likes books.

My 'To-Do' list... Ugg. I have to upload the Gryphon picture and one of my kitty Sparkle. The Sparkle was my brother's request. It's Gryphon OR Kaii-Thakurin. If you wanna see what the Kaii looks like, go to my webby and click on the 'My Atrs' page. Kaii-Thakurin is the dragon on the right with the curving horns. I also have my reports, but I'm putting those off til later. Lesse... is that it? Huh.

-MaThFrEaK
                          "Izza mousey!"
                          ~Gryphon~

Comment

• Wow, a lot's been posted. Sorry I haven't been on much lately.
                            FW, you haven't said anything about the Winter Formal yet!!! But you have a boyfriend. Hm...Something tells me the two things are related.

I usually have two or three books going at once, though if I see an interesting-looking book, I'll pick it up and skim through it. Of course, one of the books is usually a school reading book; usually not nearly as fun as outside reading, but we're reading A Midsummer Night's Dream, which should be fun. My teacher says we'll be acting out scenes in our classroom.

Other news...Last Saturday was the chapter Mathcounts competition, which is basically a USA math competition for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. There's 3 levels of competition: chapter, state, and national. My team had been really worried because we didn't think we'd do very good, but we ended up getting 2nd place! and we're sending 7 people to the state competition, which is a lot for our district. And I came in 3rd individually, which is super cool.

Comment

• Yeah, FW, tell us about your boyfriend and Winter formal! And your grandma's reaction to your Winter Formal pictures!!! ^^ XD

I don't have a boyfriend... ^^ But you should've seen my post on my halloween dance... I was in shock. COMPLETE UTTER SHOCK.

You tend to go into that when you find out that the guys you've been crushing on reciprocates your feelings... -^^- As of now, that hasn't changed a lot... ^^

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Luthien, you're in Mathcounts? I'm in Math League! I can't remember the difference between the two, but oh well. They're both math. Hehe. Math Freaks rule. Hmmm... was Math Counts harder???

Reciprocates... my mind has gone blank. Wazzat mean again? Lesse... reciprocol (sp?) of a fraction is it flipped upside down. So id the guy reciprocates your feelings... that would be bad?

Woohoo!!! It's Friday, and everyone knows that I like Fridays. Hehehe. No homework! With the exception of reports. And no school! People post more in the RP sites on weekends, too. Fridays and Saturdays are my fav. days of the week. I hate Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays... Sunday b/c I'm a procrastinator and I have to do all my weekend homework then... then school is the next day. Mondays cuz its the first day of school in a week AND because I don't really feel like going to math league, but I have to anyway. Wednesday because it's the worst day of the week. It's so boring! Almost like an oasis in a desert... wait. That's wrong. That's a GOOD thing! Ummm... stranded in an island filled with cannibal monkeys. No, cannibal people. Or lots of little nasty plants like poison ivy. But wait, that doesn't work either...

I give up on Wednesday. I hate that day a lot.

-MaThFrEaK
                                "Izza mousey!"
                                ~Gryphon~

Comment

Working...
                                X