No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohhhh bc I've been to miniclip!!! Have you played the motorcycle game???? It is really fun,.....I have a difficulties with it sometimes though.......

....I need more insanity....BUTCHER KNIVES...sorry they are just so pointy and sharp!
    I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

• Ella, you're going to Vermont! I live there! Are you going to grand Isle?!

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
      Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

• *chucks walnut in Aganet Ms direction, hitting her in the froehead* just for old times sake?

Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
        "What do you say to three shillings, andwe forget the name?"
        Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
        :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
        A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• Just a quick note. I'm fine. House is fine. Air's breathable again. I just haven't been in at work because the air in here hasn't been good, and I'm rather athsmatic. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a look at this... It's rather impressive.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Aakkk! Kli6, were you in the middle of the fires in California? I'm really glad if you were and made it out o.k. My mother-in-law is beating feet and flying out this afternoon. She lives in San Diego, and has been under threat of evacuation for the last 3 days. Of course, it's a little easier on her because she is evacuating to Hawaii; one of her friends has a house there and she has a standing invitation.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
            "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
            "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
            "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• But still! Losing your home! I would just die. Hawaii is nice though. But when you come back... I would die
              Smoulders
              Ashes
              dust
              That's all I will say about that

brokencello
              the crinkled paper bag
              "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
              --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
              brokencello
              the crinkled paper bag
              "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Oh yeah, those fires... My cousins and aunt and uncle live in Claremont, and they got evacuated. When they came back, their front and back lawn were all burned away, and their house was kinda scorched on the outside, but it was okay (yay)...I was really worried about them for a while though.

-Emilie
                My monkey likes the KBA!
                "Lovely angry democrats"--My sister

Comment

• Fires are bad.......In california (not having to do with the wild fires) my uncle was working and a lightbulb or something of the sort broke and started a fire....his roof and like his whole house was schorched...the funny thing is we were coming in like a week later and were gonna stay in his house....hehe we all ended up at a hotel..even my uncle.....

......moose?.....um green?.........oh yes CHEESE!!!....
                  I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

• Ooh. *winces* Bad. Fires are bad. Especially when you've read The Slippery Slope and are dying because you can't read the title of the next book...!

But seriously, I hope everyone's okay.

readingqueen: I don't think so. I don't know Vermont very well. But this is a camp near...Burlington, I think? It's called the Hulbert Outdoor Education Center. I'm really excited!!

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
                    'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
                    -The Fellowship of the Ring
                    *Ella*
                    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                    What could mean more than this?"
                    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Fires ARE bad! Especially this summer! It's getting better though because of the rain.

"Many that live deserve death,
                      Many that die deserve life"
                      - Lord of the Rings
                      "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
                      "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

• i live in washington. nothing happens here.

"What do you say to three shillings, andwe forget the name?"
                        Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
                        :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
                        A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• At some point I think you said you lived in Wyoming didn't you? OH well. I have short term memory loss... I'm probaly wrong.

*Agent~M*
                          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

• meteorite--Leave? Why would I leave? The neighborhoods around me either burned or got singed, but we actually were an evacuation area, so someone at the Red Cross figured we were pretty safe.

Emilie, glad to hear about your aunt & uncle. That the fire reached as far West as Clairemont was really scary.

But we were lucky. The weather/wind shifted at just the right time. I mean, the Santa Anas can last for WEEKS. As it is, they're foreseeing containment of the Cedar fire by NEXT Friday.

Stilll, I guess that fires are the price you pay for living in the desert for the sunshine.

Crookedfrog, assuming you're too young to remember Mt. St. Helen's...?
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Ella: Yeah, it is annoying, my friends and I think it is The Grim Graveyard because you can read The Grim and G then the last letter looks like a D.

I feel so sorry for the people the were hit with the fires, I wonder if it is El Nino year again, sorry I have to read a book on El Nino, but the fires are normally in Ausie. Hmmm.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                              "It's hard enough to be what you are, Harder to be what you're not; It's hard to know what you need to get, harder to know what you've got" -Hilary Duff, Metamorphisis, Workin' It Out
                              ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                              Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                              HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                              My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• kli: I just heard about that yesterday, and hadn't had a chance to enquire, but believe it or not I was thinking about you (and others here...) Fires are- well, bad, as inept as that seems. Also scary, destructive, violent... When there were the massive fires in Australia last summer, we could see the smoke from here, which is frankly much farher than anyone should be able to see smoke. Sorry about the asthma... and I hope you and everyone else there is fine!

Frankly, I'm _glad_ that the biggest natural disaster here was the Mt Ruapehu eruption a couple of years ago. (Small scale, as eruptions go, happily...) Mind you, we in wellington are very overdue for a major earthquake.. let's all hope for ground stability.
                                T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                                --Agent M
                                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X