Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B - b - bu.....

*slinks down in chair* Oooooohhhhkaaaayyyyyyy

Um so yeah anyway how bout that musical career?! Whoo we're all musically talented! Trialia- you DO need a medal. You are and your friends. Like, the SuperAmazingKids Group. Wowie.

yeah i used to do choir too, but the music teacher was super strict, and now when my friends and i get together, and they all randomly start singing, i feel kinda left out... and then i realize they're singing in latin and will continue to sing for the next half hour. and then i walk away and get food. =P
    ..................~*Wolf*~..................
    AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
    Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

• *laughs* Nah, we're just spoonies. But it's nice to have recognised that it can be tough for us. All too often I get accused of faking my illnesses because none of them are the visible kind and I look young and healthy... even by the government departments who are supposed to help me.

Hee. You'd hate me. I tend to randomly start singing in Japanese... What were you, voice-wise? I'm mezzo-soprano, but I sing alto most of the time.

I wish I weren't still awake. Don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight, even though I've had enough codeine to drop a horse...
      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Hey, I used to be into JPop! Hahaaa. I could still get into it if I wanted to, but I have no way of getting the music. I would get it by *coughOTHERcough* means, but nothing seems to want to work on my computer recently.

I used to be a soprano, but now I think that since I'm older, I'm more of an alto... I can hit some high notes if I try, although my voice will crack.

Isn't it like, 5 in the morning where you are?! Ah!

Comment

• Well, we can work something out if you like Won't say more here.

Yeah, I can't go as high as I used to either. Used to be able to hit top C, but nowhere near nowadays!

Twenty to six, actually. Haven't slept yet, I'm too stiff and sore still. I think I may have cracked a rib or two - got a doctor's appointment later this morning, so I'll ask her about it...

Comment

• Well, I tried to put the link here for the fic, but it said something like 'it won't be posted until a moderator has approved it.' And I'm going to repeat what I said in my disappeared post, minus the link:

Triala: You think you broke a rib? YeeOUCH! And you say that so CALMLY.
            *awards stoic medal to Triala*

If you really want to find the fic, go to the Yuletide Treasure website (just search it, it should appear). It's a fanfic Secret Santa kind of thing website.

Go to FAQ, and under the 'Yuletide Scedule' part, find the bit where it says, "although Quicksearch remains avalible. " Hit the Quicksearch link.

Go down to the fandom part, look under "D" for Diane Duane-Young Wizards fandom, hit it. Scroll down until you find the "So You Want To Be..." title, click, and there it is!

Warning, though. There are about thirty other fics, some inappropriate. (I skipped all those rated PG-13 and above). Check the rating first!
            Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 21, 2009, 03:14:58 PM.

Comment

• SilveredBlue, you might wanna get AIM so we can assault you and maybe have one of those 90's chat-room experiences. Teehee.

And... wheeeeeee! fanfic! ^_^

My friend keeps trying to push this new Star Trek fan fic on me, and while yes I love Trek, she's doing it all based on and because of the new movie... so... whoo! Phew! Some fan fic I can LIKE! =D

EDIT::
              Erm... I only got to the FAQ part, and can't find where it says "although Quicksearch remains avalible." Maybe you can PM me the link?? O_o
              Last edited by Wolf; December 18, 2009, 02:21:27 AM.

Comment

• Blue: Well, it wouldn't be the first time I'd cracked a rib. (Not broken. Broken would be very dangerous. Cracked, not so much.) Last time I did that, I got concussion too and had a huge dent in my forehead. I guess I am kinda stoic, but it's because I'm so used to pain by now.

Yes, Yuletide is made of win! I usually save reading the new fics there until after the mass author reveal, so I know who to credit if I link them, or bookmark them. As I said, Birdhead and I co-run the LiveJournal YW fic community, so we get to see a lot of fic

Comment

• Well, I'm going to put a reminder here about making sure posts don't just get into a conversation between two people that adds nothing to anyone else, especially when you get to one liners because of this. Just be careful .

Anyways, why I'm posting in TOGR:
                  So yesterday was last day of term. I pulled an all-nighter the night before, before going into a final. The adrenaline crash after the final was extreme seeing as at that point I was running entirely on adrenaline, no caffeine, no sleep. At about 11 pm the night before last night, I sent a final draft of a report to my project advisors. At this point we swapped to writing the report for a group project for a class...14 hours later we handed in a 20 page report (with 18 pages of journals as an appendix). 15 hours later I had taken the final for that class, and 16 hours later I was done the class. My professors for the project (not the class) have already told me what I'm getting for a grade for the project - I just need to do the formal submission to the school after they do their readthrough with a possible few comments. The project for the class, I can't imagine getting less than an 80% especially hearing people's reponse to us having given him a number of kilograms of CO2 which were not in the atmosphere because of the project. A 60% on that project and a 0% on the final exam, still makes us pass the class.

What this means is that my boyfriend as soon as he gets the grade from that class, which I'm pretty sure would have been a B before he went to the final, has completed all graduation requirements.
                  Also, as soon as I get my grade for this class, and formally submit my project to the school after my professors read it and make final changes, I'll have completed all graduation requirements (for one of my majors only but enough to graduate). This is really really weird feeling. I need to talk to a professor about getting an ISP to finish off the CS major next semester.

I'll not be able to be a grad student at least until spring next year, probably going to need to take a year off because of not having been able to take the GREs. I really need to find what I'm doing for the next year. I'll have a degree, if I can find work for one year. but its all awkwards. I wanted to not take any time off but the whole subject GREs being at the worst possible time for me forced that.

I'm still trying to parse the, in February I'll have a Bachelor's of Science though, even if it doesn't show both majors until May.
                  We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• Thanks for the reminder, Tuttle. It's hard when you're obssessed with the forums and only a few other people are obssessed along with you....it limits conversation.

Randomness: I just read The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley and I LOVE it!! But then I love anything to do with R.M.

It's weird, but I think this is her only book with a male protagonist. Even her short stories have a female POV- although I haven't read the newest anthology (Fire), so that might buck the trend.

Comment

• Tuttle- I knowwww, I was thinking that too.... but it's hard when there's only a few people on at the moment of the conversation... lol.

Okay, so here on the east coast of the states, EVERYBODY's going on about the snow! Some places are predicting 2 - 6 inches, my home is prediction 6 - 12 inches (which is incredible for us!) and where I'm schooling at right now is predicting.. well.. everyone's just throwing out these wild guesses. The Weather Channel said that Virginia is getting 20 inches. 20 freaking inches. Holy frak! I mean, how much gorram snow can you get?! (And how many scifi references can I throw into one paragraph? Teehee)

Anyway more randomness so I was watching my favorite Star trek movie yesterday -First Contact- and while all the little Federation ships were firing on the Borg cube, THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE *PEW* - *PEW* SOUND!!!!! (Bonus points if you're a Wil Wheaton podcaster) I almost died laughing. In the middle of the Dining Hall. I honestly think I had a laughing-seizure and might have been dying. Anyone walking behind me at that moment (although I looked for my own protection) would have heard me giggling like a freaking loon, whispering to myself, "pew, pew! pew - pew - pew!" It was hilaaaaaaaaaaaaarious.

EDIT:: I need to tell you that I just read my post back and am still laughing. *pew* - *pew* !!!

Comment

• I'd get on more, but I only have 3 days till winter break, when I'll go to Connecticut for Christmas!!!!!( 12 hours in the car, leaving right after school)
                        It's extra nice because, and I'm not trying to brag (well, maybe a little...) I'm going to South Africa to see family there on the 30th, and I get to miss ten days of school!! I haven't seen my dad's side of the family in SA in 4 years!!

Total traveling time (literally from our house to the farmhouse) is over 30 hours.....two hours to the airport, waiting time there, two hour flight to Atlanta, waiting time, 18 hour flight to Johannesburg, time waiting, and then a 2 hour trip to the farm in Belfast!!

I'm extremely psyched!!!

We're even going to Kruger National Park, and we get to spend a night in a birding hut, without ANY people around for at least 10 miles!! The park closes at 6, so nobody else is there, and it's right by a watering hole!!!!!!!

Well, enough bragging for now.....

Trilia-that sucks.....I really don't know that many people that have conditions/diseases/illnesses, except for one of my friends that had some kind of big illness in1st grade, and she had to have a bone marrow transplant, and the gets blood transfusions a lot.....I forget what it's called....and it also stunted her growth, so she's 13 and a lot shorter than most of the other kids in the grade.....

Here in PA, it snows a lot, freezes, melts, freezes, snows, melts.......and so on and so forth.....
                        All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• Yo! 96bookworms! I'm in Jersey!

We're supposed to get absolutely slaaaaaaammed with snow. my school is like, preparing for a national emergency, it feels like. hahahaaa. me? im sitting here wishing i had something to doo.... =)

Comment

• I've been on winter break for a week now...I love college.

Thankfully, I passed all my classes with a high enough GPA that I can do the study abroad program I want to do! So, crossing my fingers that everything works out, I'm still planning on being in Scotland during fall of next year. SO excited that my GPA stayed high enough...because the math class I took? Yeah, it was not so kind to my GPA; thankfully, my history grade fixed it.

Snow. My friends from school keep talking about snow on facebook, and I have no snow, surprisingly. I feel left out; usually I have lots of snow at home! On the other hand, I've spent all week running around doing Christmas errands for my mom and buying presents for my friends, so I suppose it's a good thing it wasn't snowing. I hate driving in the snow, although I'm used to it by now. You have to know how to drive in mass amounts of snow if you live where I live.

I used to sing soprano...but winter of sophomore year of high school, I got a really bad cold, and ever since then, my voice has been too low for the soprano parts, but not really low enough for alto parts. It's weird. Oh well, it's not like I sing outside of the shower anymore anyway.

GREs: my friends are already talking about that. We're only sophomores in college, and I don't know about anyone else, but I have no clue what I want to do after graduation. Yeah, grad school sounds good, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it right away, so I'd probably have to get a job and take awhile doing it. It's just weird that all my friends seem to have plans (I'm exaggerating a little, they don't all have plans.) I'm an English major, and I have no clue what I want to do after graduation; all I do know is that I do not want to be an author. Well, that's kind of a lie, I honestly think the majority of English majors I know secretly want to be an author. But that's not what I want my career to be! Because I know that my creative juices are very unpredictable, and therefore are not a good thing for me to try and make a livelihood out of. Ehn. I hate growing up.

Ha. I bought my...well, I'm calling him my "it's complicated" because we're best friends who have dated and want to date again, but are too stubborn to do it...K'nex for Christmas. He's a physics major, wants to be an engineer, and is suddenly obsessed with the idea of building things out of K'nex, since he can't find the set he had when he was younger. It was K'nex, or a Nerf dart gun. I love having friends who are as immature as I am, they are very easy to shop for.

Comment

• gah! Snow! stop toooorturing me!!! (insert Luke Skywalker style "noooooo!" here)

I'm wearing shorts and a tee here. Blah.

I think my craving for snow is somehow genetic, since my parents were from Chicago (well, near Chicago) and I was born there while it was snowing. The few times we've been up in snow, skiing or visiting relatives, I came close to frostbite from sitting in the lovely stuff...which is not good for fingers if you're planning on being a music major.

Lucky my mom is always vigilant for signs of shivering. What is the line? "If a teenager is wearing a coat it means her mom is cold."

Got to practice some Mozart now.....

Comment

• Aaaaaahahahhaaaa SilveredBlue you're awesome. =)

It's actually close to midnight here, should start snowing soon. Everyone keeps saying it's going to start overnight, but the weather channel is saying it'll start tomorrow morning... now explain to me how TWC.com and TWC on the tv can say two different things!

Right now I've discovered this amazing site that actually has videos of an old anime I love! Soooooooooo uber happy. Now if only the videos would convert properly. I love this firefox download videos add-on, but if only it would learn to make friends with the anime site... gr. LOL. I'm like, 14 again!

Comment

Working...
                                X