No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't adhere to a specific brand, but in general, 65% and up, maybe with orange peel or chili pepper.

what countries are you guys from? i'm from Taiwan.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

-The Book of the Dead
    --sabriel

Comment

• The good US of A....
      If in a dewdrop there is a world of struggle, what happens when our dewdrop falls?
      Some people are like slinkies, pretty much useless, but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down the stairs.

Comment

• *stares around with wide eyes* Jeesh, I think I haven't been on here in FOREVER....

Me, from the US of A too, though specifically California, which sometimes I swear should always be specified because we're so gosh darn weird here.... lol.

Been SUPER busy; college apps to be filled out, Senior Project to stress over (though I'm planning to do all my stressing before second semester starts come January), the usual school drama (for my school, which at the worst comes to basically someone breaking up or getting together).

OH! Though, I'm not happy right now. In our English class every year this teacher has had the juniors and seniors he teaches write, direct, and perform plays that relate to the literature we read. Well, our principal last year didn't like one that she DIDN'T EVEN WATCH PAST THE FIRST TEN MINUTES OF because it was "controversial" and now wants to "approve" the plays before we perform them. Thing is... she can't even tell us what kind of guidelines to follow. She said "I'll know it when I see it" which I think personally is a bunch of nonsense. If she wants to approve them, yeah, okay, fine, but tell us what you want from us, don't just say "Eh, I'll decide if I like it or not". *huffs*

Okay. Ranting over, lol.

My favorite chocolate... well, I can't say I have one. I'll each just about anything, even the little fake-chocolate sixlets (gah, those are yummy...) but I also LOVE getting Ghiradeli and Godiva and Sees. YUM.

I need to remember to get on here more often, past all my busy college/high school life....

Haha, I just saw a commercial for the new Snow White DVD... now I want to watch it. *hums High Ho*

But I can't... TV is reserved for the new episode of NCIS....

And SO glad there's a firm publishing date for Wizard on Mars now. It should be out just in time for my spring break! While all other seniors are panicking finishing their fieldwork, I'll have had finished mine back over winter break and can relax and read the new YW book....

Okay. Off to work on that poster for the dreaded Senior Project now....
        "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• I've been gone for a while too...

And I am also from the US of A. Chocolate...I like any chocolate except for cheap rubbery chocolate like you find in valentine cards that you get at the grocery store. Oh, and I despise powdered hot chocolate. I can't stand the stuff - I've gotta make my own or I can't really drink it without gagging. :P

Ah, I've been having fun today. I got a software and small device for about $65, so that I can convert all of my cassette and VHS tapes to mp3 and DVD. It also converts LPs to mp3 as well. I've been having so much fun, and now have two Air Supply albums, and a ton of Three Dog Night on my iPod. Next is John Denver and Elton John...

Jwiz: Wow, that sounds like a crazy English class! :/ I think your principal needs to tell you the guidelines... Huh...
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• HI ALL!!!!! I haven't been here in forever. Boooy howdy. I miss all of y'alls. How's life been treatin' ya? I'm in college now. I feel a bit like I'm too old for here. Oh well. Yes, I am feeling random today.
            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
            I promise not to funfun anymore
            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• hello : )

Hi everybody!

I love to come here as much as possible... hopefully I can make it on more often than I have been, but I have loads of work at the moment... I don't think it will let up, either.

I broke my finger on the first day of school... I am not sure how I managed it, but it's all better now... it was only a fracture.

I haven't been doing much other than schoolwork... I don't have much to tell.

Cress, you aren't too old.. I know that people on here are older than college-age. I don't think you can get too old (as you get older, other people get older with you, so you can never be too old)

I hope Tori is okay... I hope wherever she lives wasn't hit, or hit too hard.

Have fun in Texas, stormwind!

My sister is coming home this weekend! She is in college, and nlike some siblings, we get along perfectly. I can't wait to see her!

(and when I get A Wizard of Mars, I don't care if I have tons of homework, and I don't care if it isn' t shipped on the very day it comes out... because I'll go get it the very second I can I can't wait! I think I'll bounce for ages when it gets here : ) )
              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Originally posted by jwiz View Post
                *stares around with wide eyes* Jeesh, I think I haven't been on here in FOREVER....

OH! Though, I'm not happy right now. In our English class every year this teacher has had the juniors and seniors he teaches write, direct, and perform plays that relate to the literature we read. Well, our principal last year didn't like one that she DIDN'T EVEN WATCH PAST THE FIRST TEN MINUTES OF because it was "controversial" and now wants to "approve" the plays before we perform them. Thing is... she can't even tell us what kind of guidelines to follow. She said "I'll know it when I see it" which I think personally is a bunch of nonsense. If she wants to approve them, yeah, okay, fine, but tell us what you want from us, don't just say "Eh, I'll decide if I like it or not". *huffs*

Okay. Ranting over, lol.

Okay. Off to work on that poster for the dreaded Senior Project now....
                That would really make me made if I were at that school! That is what Theatre is about! Expressing differences! Different cultures, ways of life, its purpose isn't just to entertain, its to teach! To show you life through the eyes of someone completely different than you. She probably would think that Shakespeare was controversial if she were able to comprehend half of what is going on in his plays. How frustrating! Ok I'll stop ranting now. Sorry, I'm a Theatre Minor, so I'm passionate about the subject... Obviously. lol

ANYWAYS.... Favorite Chocolate? Can't say I have one, I love it all. Though Dark Chocolate is what I eat more often than not.

Which Country do I live in? The United States of America! Woo!

Just got back today from a two week cruise with my family, it was great! We had a fantastic time, and saw some amazing things!

Oh and jwiz and Cress, welcome back!
                "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• I'm going to Arizona tomorrow! I'm half excited, half hateful. I like the scenery and such a lot in Arizona, but the coolest it's going to be for the entire two weeks we're there, is 85 degrees (Fahrenheit)! And it's just starting to get into the comfortable 60s, where I am now! I'm going to miss all of the good temperatures, when I'm there! The temperature getting above 100 in October is just plain silly.

The reason we can't go later in the year (for hopefully cooler temperatures), is because my dad says that he "doesn't like the cold." So instead he wants to go there during the "comfortable weather" as he calls it. Last I checked, 99 degrees was not comfortable, and never would be for anyone in my family except for him, and the grandparents who live there. I can't even use my eBook reader for half of the trip, because you're not supposed to use eReaders in temperatures above 90 degrees!

The only thing I'm really excited about doing there, is going to Biosphere 2, which is kind of an example of how people would have tried building colonies on the moon, or other planets, had it worked out. (The whole thing failed; they had to start pumping oxygen in from the outside.) It's a museum now, and I've been told it's pretty cool.

I don't think I'll have internet in Arizona (or if I do, only for school purposes), so I will post here again in two weeks, when I return. Maybe I'll have pictures, if my camera decides to work...
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk- That's funny, a friend of mine is going to Arizona today. I, for one, am quite happy with the 60 degree temperatures right here. I'd rather be too cold than too hot. On the other hand, I had the flu this weekend. No fun, let me tell you. D:

Cress- I'm in college too. No worries! I don't think we can ever be too old for this series or to come here and chat.

For some strange reason, we don't have English class this week. So... more free time for me to read!

Comment

• I have internet! Yay!

Running_Alone: I know at least one other person who went to Arizona sometime this week, too! I think it must be the time of year for it...Don't know why, though, it's scorching hot!
                      Yeah, I like the cold better than the heat. I lived in Michigan until I was ten, so I got really used to things like snow, and 70-degree weather in July. The flu is no fun! I hope you're completely better!

A few minutes ago, I checked the weather back where I live, and it's 58 degrees, even in the middle of the afternoon! It's only 10:30-ish here in AZ, and it's already 75 degrees outside! Gah!

I'm off to go find something to do [I]indoors.[I] :P

Dai, all
                      Last edited by kk; October 14, 2009, 01:38:27 PM.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk- Actually this is the best time of the year to be in Arizona. My Grandparents live there and we visit them every month or so. From about November-February its super windy, then April-ish-September is unbearably hot.

Comment

• kk: It rained all day here. (Note to self: Do not wander around in the rain when sick. You will get worse.) Anyway, I hope you are having fun in Arizona!

As for that favorite chocolate question which I forgot to answer before... I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate, but chocolate is chocolate. I'd probably have to say milk, though. m&ms especially.

Comment

• Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk: Unbearably hot? Oh, about 115 degrees. My dad and my uncle had to put up a metal garage down there in the middle of the summer. (Why my Grandpa had to have it right then is beyond me.) By ten o'clock they had to wear gloves because the metal was too hot to touch.

Comment

• kk: Yeah, I'm doing better now though. And chocolate covered jalepenos? Really? That seems... different.

bookgirl: That doesn't sound like fun at all. D: I'm happy with the cold, but it does get that hot here in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X