The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kk View Post
    On an amazing good note, that same friend gave me something she found at a thrift store - An audio cassette dramatization of "Spock's World" by (yes, you all guessed it) Diane Duane! ( ) So, Diane Duane's book, dramatized by Leonard Nimoy and George Takei? Awesomeness! (I'm a Star Trek nerd. And Star Wars nerd. And...well...most nerdy things.)
    Okay, matters first... *GLOMP-TACKLE!* Love!
    Did you see the new Trek movie commmericals? You MUST youtube it- "At first I was ashamed... and then I discovered there was one in my own household..." Ohgosh. So funny. And hey!, ya know what? A true Trekkie or Trekker wouldn't be ashamed to be a nerd. So... *raspberry*

Hmmmm so Sunday I had to go to a different building so I could do a project, but the crew hadn't gotten around to shoveling a lot of the campus yet. So... I went through a giant snow drift. It was up to my thighs. So, that would make it... at least close to three feet? Ohgod. It was so funny.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Ohmygosh. I have to edit this. Has anyone seen the new Target commercial? With the Santa? OhmyGOSH. I started singing along with the song, and then decided to see what commercial it was, and I watched, and it was so funny!!!
    Last edited by Wolf; December 21, 2009, 09:42:08 PM.
    ..................~*Wolf*~..................
    AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
    Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

• Eh, I'm a geek, not a nerd. And I'm generally not a fan of the original Trek series, but the new movie is pretty good.
      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Estar9821: Yeah, one of my friends who was snowed in got to miss work for a few days. The plows finally came yesterday!

Wolf: Haha! I be not ashamed of my nerdiness - I am very proud that there is a Spock action figure guarding my Star Trek movies! :P

No, I haven't seen any of the commercials, I'll have to look them up! I really want to see the new movie, but for now I've just been watching the Original Series, and it's amazing.

Have you heard the song "Dr. McCoy" by S.P.O.C.K? If not, you must youtube that!
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Ahhhhh wants Yuletide fics. There are five new unrevealed YW stories in there according to AO3! *bites nails waiting*

Comment

• Yipee! *bites nails too* *except that I don't have enough to bite* *because I have to cut them to play piano* *so bites lip instead*

Yuletide is fantastic.

Comment

• Trialia- I'm both, really... lol. My tastes are really spread out... wizardry, fantasy, scifi, and then suddenly, off-roading, world war two, and of course, writing.

kk- i have all 7 seasons of TNG (what my dad & pop-pop brainwashed me into since i was a kid), and a model Enterprise D. My dad said something about getting me a serious glue-together model of a shuttle craft. My mom... and to think she thought it was just just a phase! Ten years later... *wicked grin*

My friend and I actually started writing a Trek fic- she jumped on the bandwagon when the new movie came out, so if we both finish our chapters soon (i hope!) i'll send it to whoever requests. It's really quite funny, if I may slip out of modesty for a sec...

Comment

• You Know You're Obssessed With YW When:

you start laughing in Target because random things remind you of lines from the books.

Honestly, I laughed at a holiday chocolate display ("I have here a NEW bar of single-estate Verona Grand Cru"), at a teenager with pink cargo pants (all she needed was an eggbeater), and at a soap magazine ("A Midsummer Night's Dream with three extra genders" and "Ahem. The Planetary Acquisitions Team is menaced by a strange force.").

The people behind me, not to mention my mom, thought I was crazy. Heh. Maybe THAT's why the newbie forum hands out a straitjacket.

Comment

• SilveredBlue: Haha! We have a topic for lines like this. Clicky here!

*inserting this line to avoid the one-linerness*
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Don't shout at me...but I have never seen Star Trek and know next to nothing about it.
                    Last edited by estar9821; August 20, 2011, 08:28:59 PM.
                    "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• Oh, gosh. I grew up watching the Star Trek re-runs. I know every episode. I'm actually watching Season 2 right now...

My series is TNG. My friend who jumped on the bandwagon has fallen in love with TOS... Capt. Kirk & all them. =) She's such a bandwagon fan, lol. But the new movie was good.

Comment

• *sighs* I still need to get my grade for my Poli Sci class, and for my high school English class (I had an A... but I think I failed the stupid final - trust me, it was stupid - so now I don't know if I have an A or a B) but other than those, I have A's in everything. *grins* Which makes me very happy.

And anytime in the next month, I should be hearing from my first choice college!

I saw the Star Trek movie, it was really good. I wanted to watch it again, but our neighbor stole it away before we had to return it and then my parents wanted to watch it again, so I didn't get to watch it before it was returned to the movie store. *sighs*

However, I think said neighbor did buy it, so.... I think sneaking over and BORROWING is in order soon! Haha!

However, sadly admitting here that I have never seen the original series. I'm still more nerdy than some people I go to school with though. Our English class was talking a few weeks ago and brought up Star Wars and like... seven or so people in the twenty HAD NEVER SEEN IT. And I was all "Heh. I LOVED those movies as a kid."

SilveredBlue: Haha, that's so funny! I do stuff like that sometimes, too. Like, when people say things it reminds me of books (or inside jokes with my friends... heh.... Don't ask....) and I'll start laughing or mumbling to myself under my breath. My family doesn't even bat an eyelash at it anymore. They just shake their heads.... Most of my friends just go with it too. Hee hee... they have learned it's better often times NOT to ask.

I'm stuck home here with the little sis and the nephew, who are playing with my Lord of the Rings monopoly. I'm playing referee; they argue over the silliest things! Anyhow, we're waiting for Mom to get home, so we can start making holiday sugar cookies. I just want to finish those cookies up already... so I can eat them up! lol.... I love sugar cookies. Taste so yummy....

Oh, my skills are needed for the game. *sighs* Good bye, folks. *rolls eyes hugely*

~~~

I just had to come back and add.... RIGHT after I got off, my mom got home and then she brought over a letter from that college I just mentioned... and I got accepted PLUS an renewable scholarship for $6,500 for the four years I'll attend!

Yeah, so, I'm a very happy half-psychic over here.
                        Last edited by jwiz; December 23, 2009, 05:19:36 PM.
                        "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Originally posted by estar9821 View Post
                          Don't shout at me...but I have never seen Star Trek and know next to nothing about it. My mom loved it when she was a kid, and I guess I'll have to see it too. The original series, that is.
                          I haven't seen any Star Trek either, which amazes one of my roomies. But I didn't grow up in a house that was into that kind of TV/the science fiction genre in general. My dad reads historical books, or historical fiction, when he reads, and watches The History Channel and Formula 1 car racing; my mom watches Food Network and reads novels which usually have some sort of inspirational message in them (think books recommended by Oprah.) Sometimes I kind of feel left out that they never introduced me to anything like Star Trek, since it seems like the kind of thing I could get really into. Alas, I really don't have time to become obsessed with Star Trek.

Just got back from a trip to an indoor water park with my family, and am exhausted. I think I'm just going to sit around all night and read, since my entire body hurts. Part of that is from sleeping on the floor last night, part from running around on concrete barefoot for two days, and part of it's from bruising my tailbone on a water slide. Yes, on a water slide. I am just that good at injuring myself. I tore my bathing suit on the same trip down the water slide. Seriously, I should stop going to water parks, I've torn a swimsuit almost every time I've gone to one. Luckily, my sister had a pair of shorts that she didn't mind me wearing in the water. Oh well. I love water parks; they make me feel like a kid again, instead of a college student.

Comment

• Guess who's got the flu so badly she's been throwing up, got chills and fever alternately, and hallucinations? Yeah, I feel like crap, and I'm swearing about it. A lot. Quietly, because I've also mostly lost my voice. How glad am I, however, that this happened after the last choir performance of 2009? :P

Comment

• Ah, Trialia, that sounds horrible. I hate being sick.

Just finished making cookies, which puts it at taking, oh... three or so hours. And while all that sugar I sneakily consumed along the way is nice and all, I'm like... brain dead, haha. And we have WAY too many sugar cookies sitting on our table.

Anyone want one, haha....
                              "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Originally posted by jwiz View Post
                                I just had to come back and add.... RIGHT after I got off, my mom got home and then she brought over a letter from that college I just mentioned... and I got accepted PLUS an renewable scholarship for $6,500 for the four years I'll attend!

Yeah, so, I'm a very happy half-psychic over here.
                                Woot! That's great, jwiz!! Everyone on this forum seems to be smarter than me. See, you actually got. An. A. in. English!! Case in point.

I like READING about Dante and allegorical Faerie Queenes, but I do not like anaylsing them. DO. NOT. Why would I need to know what meter these poems are in, anyway....I'm going to be a music major! I'm going to analyse music meter! Which is two numbers on top of each other and is even written directly in the music, for goodness sake!

Whyyyyy can't authors write their meter and symbol-ology in the margins.....

Okay, done with rant. For NOW...*makes threatening leer at Literature book*

I just read the fantastic "Dragon and Thief" by Timothy Zahn. Now that is a good book. Sci-fi, but no, um, risque material! Yay! Not that I hate a romance sub-plot in a book, but when it gets too over-the-top-ly graphic, the book is out. Unfortunately, a lot of otherwise good sci-fi is spoiled for me...

..such as Asimov. First few books: yes! Later books: um, NO. Same with Heinlein. And Anne McCaffery. And...need I go on? I wish these authors could have stopped worrying about losing readers and just gone on the same way they started! Grumble.

Sorry, I'm in a grumbling mood because of a headache....

Speaking of: Triala, getting the flu is no good! Get well soon!

Cookies! Yes please! *snatches*

Comment

Working...
                                X