No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh... I get to the airport 4 hours early because that was the only way I could get a ride, and then find out that the flight has been pushed back another hour... I could have driven home in the 7 hours that will have passed between leaving school and getting onto the flight if only I had a car.

-Sigh- I sure hope my finals turned out okay. I really want to pass bio...

I kinda envy all you east coasters who can have a White Christmas. But then again, I'm a weak Californian who would probably freeze to death in that kind of weather.

As for old anime... There are ways to get old anime without downloading from video hosting sites... I think that falls under copyright issues though, so I shouldn't talk about it here.

Comment

• Hahaa, definitely..... you should send me a PM and we'll talk =)

And hey, I'll trade coasts with any of you west-coasters! I've said it before and I'm sayin it again. Right now I'm freeeeeeeezing cuz my desk is right in front of my window and there's a terrible draft... ugh!

I realized something tonight... I only have one final left! Ack! It's my Public Speaking final, so it should be easy... after taking the class, it's kinda common sense. My professor actually HELPED me out when I took my english final today... he's a nice, weird, funny old man, so it's not like he gave me all the answers or anything, but I'm small and cute and was kinda the last person there... haha. And although I'm a writer, I hate when you're trying to write a huge essay in a stupid blue book and your entire arm cramps up...

As for airports... waiting -NO! Plane rides- fun. =)
      ..................~*Wolf*~..................
      AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
      Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

• *feels very flattered* You're awesome too, Wolf....the sheer act of getting your teacher to help you with your final guarenteed that.

*sings to the tune of I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts* "Oh for a loverly teacher like thaaaat....to help me with my finals and (um) not get maaaaaad..."

Sorry, I'm feeling really random right now. Off to wreak random havok on my minions, mwhaahaa!!

Comment

• Ohmygosh. I felt so weird and giggily. I couldn't believe he was actually helping me out! I felt so stupid when I saw one of the answers was obvious, too >_<

And wow, I miss that song, haha. The only time I've ever heard it was in Lion King... and a reference to Lion King. =P

(Yay minions!)

Hey, does anyone else watch The Nanny? It's on Nick @ Nite... I've recently come to love it. Fran is hilarious. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf View Post
            Tuttle- I knowwww, I was thinking that too.... but it's hard when there's only a few people on at the moment of the conversation...
            Yeah, but the nice thing about boards is that there is some lag in the proceedings, so it's more like having a correspondence*1 than a chat. You don't have to watch the screen waiting for someone else to say something, and you can take your time composing a reply.

Then: This evening there was a programme about Dover Castle*2. Some of the interior has been reconstructed so that visitors can get an idea of how it might have looked when it was first built by Henry II.

And then: Looks like we're in for more snow, which will make this year one of the snowiest we've had in a while, because there were a couple of weeks in January and February when we had plenty of snow on the ground, too. Snow seldom hangs around for more than a couple of days. The February snow hung on for well over a week, and this is beginning to look like it might, too.

*1 Of course, with the way postal services are going, folks don't have traditional paper correspondences quite so much these days. I guess email has filled the gap, and it makes quite a good correspondence medium. I think the key to a correspondence is having corrrespondents adding something more to the conversation than simple answers. (*sigh* Peter Murray was good at that sort of thing.)

*2 That reminded me of Peter Murray, too. Dover was his home town, and he sometimes talked about the castle. I think he might have been impressed by the reconstructed interiors.
            Last edited by Lazy Leopard; December 19, 2009, 06:08:35 PM.
            -- Rick.

Comment

• OMG!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous..... although Phillidelphia is getting a blizzard, so we might get one too.....but then we won't get to go to Connecticut
              All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• Wolf: Lion King is awesome. Yay for weird baboons and villians with an English accent!

Lazy Leopard: I love the foot notes- they remind me of Terry Pratchett...

Randomness: Listening to Pandora Radio on my laptop right now...what a cool station. You type in the artist/song you want and you get it, along with a whole host of similar songs.
                For a classical music junkie like me, it's heaven. Ahh, Dvorak, Bartok, Debussy....*blissful smile*

Wonder of wonders, I will be seeing SNOW tonight! No, California hasn't suffered a Little Ice Age- I'm going skating with a group! And we get cookies, cocoa and SNOW on the ice as part of the deal. *blissful smi-no, make that: manical grin*
                Woo Hoo!!

Comment

• You can all have the snow that's here if you want it - I don't!

Pandora is good, but it's US-only as far as I'm aware, or US&Canada-only. One of the two. I use last.fm - much more worldwide.
                  Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• We've finally got snow that is sticking! It's been cold for awhile, but due to the lake nearby, it hasn't been cold enough for the snow to stick yet here at home (at my college is a different story. Down there, there's about a foot of snow already. Hard to believe it's an hour south of my hometown.)

Tomorrow I get to spend all day baking cookies for a family cookie party. Cookie party=excuse for all the wannabe bakers (and my uncle who actually is a chef) to bake multiple types of cookies, and then we all sit around eating them. Usually, I make a type of double chocolate cookies, but my mom showed me a new recipe she found called chocolate crinkle cookies. I might be making those, just for a change of pace; I've got until tomorrow afternoon to decide, since that's when my shift in the kitchen is. It's insane, my mom actually worked up a schedule for when we're allowed to use the kitchen to bake (my siblings also want to make cookies, and mom makes 2 or 3 kinds herself.)

So the point I was trying to get to: does anyone make any really good cookies during the holidays? Or any time of year, really. I just like hearing about the foods that people make, it's interesting to hear about different flavors and such.

Comment

• My sister LOVES to bake. So far, she's made peppermint bark, various cookies, almond biscotti, cheesecake, and is contemplating marshmallows from scratch (contemplating: begging Mom every five minutes to let her make them). She will make an extra large batch of pancake batter just so that she spend more time over the griddle...torture for me!

Ow, my feet and ankles hurt. Too much skating....

Comment

• Oh my gosh. We got SO. MUCH. SNOW!!!

I got called into work today, where it snowed the hardest, and then I went to a friends' until pretty much now... where, when I left, found my friends trying to push my other friend's car out of an embankment of 3 or 4 feet of snow!! Ohmygosh. I'd take a shower but it's 3 in the morning, and I actually meant to go to bed EARLY tonight... UGH!!

Comment

• My mom baked these oreo truffle things last night. It's like a hard chocolate outside, with soft crushed oreos on the inside. Mmmmmm.
                          Last edited by estar9821; August 20, 2011, 08:31:40 PM.
                          "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• In the snow we had in February enough of the stuff fell quickly enough to make the smaller roads a bit troublesome. Folks were parking their cars where they could and walking the last little distance. There was a bit of a problem when the snow plough eventually got round to trying to clear the road past my house. One of the cars that had been parked on the night the heaviest snow fell wasn't actually anywhere near the side of the road, and it turned out that the plough couldn't quite fit through the gap. Of course the plough driver didn't spot the problem until he'd revealed the opposite kerb and also scraped the car. Silly thing is the weather had been kind enough that the car's owner could have driven it away a day before the plough came by...
                            -- Rick.

Comment

• Ohmygosh, four new pages since I last checked? I'm not really gonna try to catch up, sorry...

Umm, speaking of snow... I have over 2 feet. Which almost never happens over here. It's shocking and amazing at the same time. Wading in some waist-high drifts is fun! We normally get about 6" of snow, in late January. This'll be the first White Christmas in a loong time! (The snow will most definitely stay until Christmas...I think)

Haha, a few friends came over before it started snowing, and then got snowed in. One is still stuck here, until she can get her car out. It'll be a while before the plows come - they always do our street last!

On an amazing good note, that same friend gave me something she found at a thrift store - An audio cassette dramatization of "Spock's World" by (yes, you all guessed it) Diane Duane! ( ) So, Diane Duane's book, dramatized by Leonard Nimoy and George Takei? Awesomeness! (I'm a Star Trek nerd. And Star Wars nerd. And...well...most nerdy things.)

Hehe, so I'll have fun being stuck in the snow, with good movies, good books, and a bunch of good music (vinyl records! Wheeeee...)

Dai Stiho!
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I am sooooooo jealous.......we STILL don't have that much snow, and I was hoping for a snowday tomorrow.....
                                All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Working...
                                X