No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahaha! That's hilarious! xD Except, we're in high school... lol...

Wow... Haha, I was so surprised yesterday, to get on here and find a lot more pages of posts... The last time I posted here, it had been on page 1196...

Happy Monday! I have no schoolwork today... At least, I don't think so... *thinks*

Dai
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwendi View Post
      I missed alot in however long it's been since i've posted. This may end up to be a one liner, I'm sorry, but I don't feel like elaborating. My dad died. He had a heart attack. There's really nothing else to say.
      Gwendi, I'm sorry. *hugs* I'm sitting in the hospital room with my mum-in-law while my wife runs an errand. Mum is in the final stages of liver disease, and is in quite a bit of pain. We're not sure how much longer she'll be with us.
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Happy MLK Day everyone! Today is the day that we celebrate how far America, as well as SEVERAL other countries have come.

Thank goodness there's no school today, and thank goodness its Inauguration tomorrow. Change is in the wind. I have one more exam to do Wed, and then we're officially done. I'm incredibly EXCITED. This is turning into a great year.
        Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• HAPPY MLK DAY!!!!! Wow, America has been through a lot of changes since his day.

NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!! I"M SO GRATEFUL!
          me and one of my BFFs had a funeral for a ballpoint pen... Just Don't Ask...
          I'm asking. What?
          "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
          "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
          "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
          "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• I've just read the posts since my last post, and I'm sorry if I can't respond individually to each of you who said nice things. Here is the list of those who mentioned me in their posts since I posted last:
            1. Nella
            2. Glede
            3. Zirsta
            4. eowyngirl
            5. Wiccangixie
            6. kk
            7. Garrett Fitzgerald

I'd like to thank every one of you so much for thinking of me, and I'm sorry if I left anyone out. I don't have much time to be on the computer tonight, as I am very tired and the funeral was today. Thanks guys!

Dai!

Comment

• Kk: Me and one of my closest friends once had a funeral for a Burts Bees chap stick thing, because we were walking along the road and found a tire killed chap stick... It was sad...
              And I shouldn't be on here because I have a LOT of homework to do... *sigh* Reading supreme court cases isn't exactly my favorite nightly activity...
              Eowyn: Really? I haven't seen Prince Caspian yet but I really want to! And technology can be really very confusing... I'm only good with the obvious things but when it comes to anything moderately advanced I get lost... Is that sad for someone who's 17 years old in the 21st century?

And how are people feeling about the new forum "reputation" thing?
              It makes me kind of nervous, and maybe it's just the word "reputation" but I wouldn't want the forums to turn into a popularity contest... The nominated post and thread thing seems fine, because it encourages people to put thought into what they say... But the whole number of friends thing and a few other aspects kind of strike me as odd.
              Does anyone else worry about that or am I alone here? And if it's irrational does someone want to clarify things?
              Thanks...

Comment

• Hey Z hey Glede and Wican Whats up havn't been on for a while check out my new thread in other books. I just read this really awesome book called farworld, it's pretty cool
                Please respond i'm bored...
                It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
                That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

• Septy... Do you like sci-fi books...???

Comment

• Originally posted by Glede View Post
                    Septy... Do you like sci-fi books...???
                    Ya
                    (sorry for the one-liner)
                    It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.

Comment

• *smiles* Great! Your forgiven.
                      So, how's Life been?

Comment

• Gwendi: *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

Funerals for objects? Interesting... Although I remember having a Teddy Bear Wedding when I was in primary school...

I think that the reputation thing is a bit strange, although the nominated post is a great idea . Maybe its just because its different to what the old forums were like. Although, it could cause popularity contests...

What's MLK DAY? I'm going to guess that it stands for Martin Luther King. Is that right?

Off on a tangent: What do people think about the idea of calling fish 'sea kittens' in order to make people want to eat less fish? http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/ <<- follow the link for more information. I think its a stupid idea! People have been catching fish for millenia. Just because you change the name to something that sounds "cute and fluffy" isn't going to make people want to stop catching them. I come from a family who thoroughly enjoys fishing holidays, and we couldn't stop making jokes about it for the entire two weeks we were away (to the point of we asked for 'sea kitten' at the local fish and chip shop. I understand that there are serious problems with over fishing in most parts of the world, but giving fish a stupid name like 'sea kitten' is not going to help the issue (IMHO).

Oh, and Septy - you could have avoided the one-liner by adding what books you like and why. They are very easy to avoid; just add your thoughts to the post, or wait until you have enough to say before you post.
                        Last edited by alla; January 19, 2009, 10:40:32 PM. Reason: adding a comment

Comment

*smiles* Great! Your forgiven.
                          So, how's Life been?
                          It's been good i've had better... Like when i was younger and had no homework...
                          How about you anything interesting goin on???

Comment

• Uh, I went snowboarding. Fell a lot. Very sore at the moment. Went ice skating, learned I was a natural at it. Went bowling with family. Loved it. Uh... Got sick when me and friends went tubing. Not fun. Uh... that's about it. Most of that was in the mountains. I got to see my first snow!

Bowling was when I got back...

Comment

Uh, I went snowboarding. Fell a lot. Very sore at the moment. Went ice skating, learned I was a natural at it. Went bowling with family. Loved it. Uh... Got sick when me and friends went tubing. Not fun. Uh... that's about it. Most of that was in the mountains. I got to see my first snow!

Bowling was when I got back...
                              Tubing!! lol I'm going on a tubing trip soon with my crazy friends and sisters. I heard a story about how someone broke their pelvic bone because they hit some ice while tubing.
                              Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiccangixie View Post
                                Tubing!! lol I'm going on a tubing trip soon with my crazy friends and sisters. I heard a story about how someone broke their pelvic bone because they hit some ice while tubing.
                                Ow, that'd hurt. I'm so glad I didn't get hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X