No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, you're forgetting one of the unwritten cardinal rules here...

Thou shalt not peeve the mods.

There have been repeated posts reminding you of the preference for more-than-one-liners, but I just combined three solid pages worth of them.

Your posts are going through the moderation queue until you convince me that you've internalized this rule.

Savvy?
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Savvy Advisory G
      Sorry about that by the way, blame my excitement for Friday. I was sorta nervous about my exams and lost all train of thought yesterday, I just got to see my grades online today, so I'm chill now. Forgive me! Blessed be to you by the way.
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• Wow! That's all I can say... just wow. That's a lot of posts I missed in three days.

Garrett: You deserve some sort of award. Thank you.

Hungry: Hooray for new shoes! I love it when the things I order finally get in. I can't believe you have your windows open!! Hahaha. It's totally freezing in NH. I get icsicles (sp? I was about to spell isoceles) on my eyelashes from my tears. Hahaha.

God, it's so freezing... I hate it. It's because of the snow and the ice that we have to stay in school (well not me technically- I'm a senior) until June 24th!!! But they had to extend our semester to the end of this month, which means I'm going to be missing finals because of my college interview down in North Carolina. I'm just praying I get that A average so I don't have to retake the finals. Which I pretty much have anyway, but my slackerness self is starting to show. I need to work on my Contemporary Asia Book project that's due on the 22nd plus another project called the All Asia project also due on the Friday coming up. And I need to read six chapters of Frankenstein by Wed. It's a good thing we have no school til Wed.

And my life completely sucks. I had to move out of my home... to live with my Aunt and Uncle. So now my parents and my sister and I are living in the downstairs (basement) with my dog. My sister and I (of course) are sharing a stupid room. Reason number two: My Young Americans letter STILL hasn't come in yet. I'm beginning to think I didn't get in. =[ Oh well. I still have college right? Reason number three: THE BASEMENT DOESN'T HAVE HEAT. GAH.

Okay, I'm done ranting... I think.

Oh and don't get me started about the boyfriend and girlfriend thing. My bf is driving me crazy. Hahahaha.

Dai People.
        Last edited by Emi; January 17, 2009, 07:11:29 PM.
        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I missed alot in however long it's been since i've posted. This may end up to be a one liner, I'm sorry, but I don't feel like elaborating. My dad died. He had a heart attack. There's really nothing else to say.

Comment

• Gwendi my dear, I am sooo sorry for your terrible loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you have to talk to anyone, I'm all ears. May your father rest in peace.

This might end up as a one liner as well... (sorry Garrett).
            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I'm so sorry Gwendi. I'm not going to bother you with the "he's in a better place now" crap that I've gotten before, it is true, but it doesn't help you. What happened totally sucks! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Boyfriend/girlfriend talk huh? Ugh, trying having your boyfriend be gone for two years. :-P I hope things work out well for you, Septimus! And everyone else who is having bf/gf problems.
              "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• thank you Emi, and thanks bookgirl. Yeah, the 'better place' thing has kind of gotten old, because he's not gone. He's not here in flesh, but he is in spirit, so he's still in the same place. If anyone wants to read what I posted on quizilla with my full opinion, here's the link:

http://www.quizilla.com/stories/8682445/fate

Sorry again for the short post, and so close to my last post too, but I thought I'd come on sooner rather than later when I'd have to read even more posts.

While I am sad, it helps for me to write my feelings. So here ya go:

I really miss my dad, he was the best one I could ever imagine. He definitely won the best dad award more than once. I'm going to get a heart shaped necklace with some of his ashes in it, and so is my mom.

Earlier, I didn't feel like typing much but now I do, so this may not end up a small post...hmm... okay I'm done now.

Dai

Edit: I just reread my post and did anyone ever notice that the posts seem longer when you're typing them than when they're posted? Oh well...
                Last edited by Gwendi; January 18, 2009, 12:57:24 AM.

Comment

• hey

i know how you feel i lost my dad five years ago i really dont know hwat else to tell you

though , its okay he's all in our prayers

Comment

• Wow I've missed a lot... But hello! Again school work has kept me away from any sort of fun computer function, and I officially hate the constitution because it makes up a class with a TON of work.
                    ...Not seriously... Because I think the constitution is important when it comes to our country...

And Garrett you are so very cool! Because I wouldn't be able to be a moderator...

I was reading through Wizards at War the other day. Two nights ago actually... And I realized how much I miss some of my favorite characters in the book world.
                    And I had a dream about trying to watch The Chronicles of Narnia on my ipod...
                    It was weird...

And now I'm watching football, because I'm a big fan... And am currently feeling pain in my hip... *grumbles* dumb muscles.

Gwendi: My deepest condolences for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Septimus View Post
                      I don't know about you guys but talking about guys freaks me out... Can we talk about girls, o never mind not girls my gf broke up with me today.
                      Oh, Septy! I'm SO sorry 4 you. I wish I could sympathize with you but I've never had... uh... a dudefriend. Me and my friend Sam call dudefriends pillows for some odd reason...

Oh yeah, I remember. She was with her df and she was sleeping on him and then he moved and she was all "Uh, my pillow's moving...." Man, I'm like the only in my friend group who doesnt have a dudefriend.

But I am really sorry Septy. You'll get over her. (Anyways, your better off. She's probably missin' out! )

OMG Gwendi! I'm really sympathizing with you. I lost my fav aunt when I was in third grade. I STILL miss her. I hope you feel better soon.

Wiccangixie... Septy... Why were you talking about evil book-store-manegers?

Oh, yeah! I'm back from snowboarding. I ACHE!!!! But we also iceskated. Looks like I'm a natural!
                      "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                      "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                      "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                      "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• I am so sorry Gwendi! I've never lost a close relative, but you'll be in my prayers.

Glede: this is the topic of great randomness, although we usually aren't that random...

Oh yeah, the posts do look larger when you're typing them...
                        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• I'M NOT DEAD! Really. It's just school.

Garrett: I agree with Emi--you deserve an award. Unfortunately, the best I can do at the moment is a smiley with a party hat:

Emi: *hugs* I hope your life gets better soon and that your family finds a place to live that's NOT with other family. I'd lose the little sanity I have left if I had to live with the rest of my family, even though I love them to death. As always, best luck on your Young Americans letter. My fingers are starting to cramp up from crossing them for too long.

Gwendi: Best wishes to you and your family. I lost my dad a couple years ago, and I know there's nothing I can say that will make it better. Know that all of our thoughts are with you.

Nella: Ew, busy classes. I know how you feel. And I think you're channeling me in your dreams, or something...I got the three-disc edition of Prince Caspian for Christmas, and the third disc is a digital copy. I've been trying to get it to go on my computer so I can put it on my iPod, and it's turning into more trouble than I bargained for. Anyway, that's weird...

Our school's annual speech and debate tournament was this past Friday and Saturday, so I was at school helping all day Friday (even though it was a half day) and Saturday. Literally, all day--I left on Friday to get lunch, then came back and stayed until nine. Then I came back Saturday morning at seven and didn't leave for anything until ten P.M., when I finally went home. It was so much fine, and I'm glad to help, but I'm SO tired now. But I got to see my friend Andi, who moved to Indianapolis in December because she graduated. She had been a big part of the speech team and the only Extemp-er on the team, so her dad drove her back here to chair Extemp and help run the tournament. Even though it's only been a month since she moved, I really missed her and it was great to see her again. I also got to hang out with some of my best friends all day for two days, which I never get to do, and I hung out with my best friend that I never see since I quit band and she quit speech and debate, but she helped with the tournament so we hung out a bit. Sorry, that last sentence was a terrible run-on.

Anyway, I've been working on homework all day and I've still got loads of stuff to do, so I should get back to it. I'm only staying up till eleven, though--I'll just get up early tomorrow morning and keep working because I'm getting to the point where I'm so tired that I'm completely useless. Dai, all, and good night. Get some sleep for me.

Comment

• YAY!! I've always wanted to try that. Snowboarding would be fun, but it would hurt my butt lol; I'm not athletic at ALL! But I can try hee-hee

Eowyngirl: Hey, I know just how you feel. Homework can get TIRESOME! OMG, sometimes it makes me want to throw a textbook into a fire. JK, I love to read, but sometimes school makes me not want to.
                            Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• Gwendi: Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!

So.... Life.... sigh...

I'm recovering from a double sleepover... two sleepovers with two different people in two nights... It's crazy...

The first sleepover, me and one of my BFFs had a funeral for a ballpoint pen... Just Don't Ask... Haha, actually, it was kind of fun. It looked like a bird with crazy hair... and it broke... so, us being on sugar high, we had a funeral for it. We even printed out a death certificate... It's name was Ziggo Alfred Penn. xD

The second sleepover, my and my other BFF stayed up a lot later, and made a crazy video of my friend describing just what happened to my computer, and how it got unplugged by a crazy ghost, and the giant rabbit named Ruth, and how my sister stabbed me with a noodle... (Sugar + My friends = Pure Insanity) None of it really happened, of course, but she was having fun.

I taught my rabbits to do a trick... They can spin around in a circle. They get cheerios as a reward. I made a video, I'll have to link to that sometime...

Unnghh... It's late... Goodnight, forums...
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Originally posted by kk View Post
                                me and one of my BFFs had a funeral for a ballpoint pen... :
                                Oh my gosh! Me and a few of my friends did exactly the same thing one time when we were in Jr. high. lol!
                                "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

Working...
                                X