No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay you have to sign in on the top one. (Where it asks for your email.) And Gryphon will send you your password on an email.
    Gryphon! My friend signed up for your roleplay as some kind of horse-like creature. Did you except her?
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Nevermind, I got one! Question, im on right now and I went to forums cliked on profiles and I am supposed to make a profile on my character where it says body?
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      **Neets**
      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• I got a horse application recently. Yeah, it was accepted as hmmm... forgot what the username was.

Yep yep. Sorry for all the posts so close together. I'm having a lot of trouble editing. Sp to battle Poot, I'll make this one longer.

Aw. Poor BiW.

I've been drawing, writing, and htmling a lot recently, but I haven't actally completed much of anything. Reading books included. Heh. Sam really wants me to finish Inkheart. I haven't yet. I haven't post a piccy recently either. Here's one that I just kinda scribbled on a bit:

Nitafan, do both if you want.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I need semi to give me a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes...SEMI ARE YOU LISTENING!!!!
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Wow, that is so cool! I wish I could draw. Gryphon, what do you mean do both?
            **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• AUGH! I just wrote a HUGE post and I clicked something wrong and it's all gone! Woe and unhappiness!

*sigh* The gist of it was: nitafan211... *coughs politely* I know this is really rude, but everyone's spelling is slipping, so: Catherine of Aragon, marriage, legal, wasn't, divorce, Protestant, Anne Boleyn, Baptist and Presbytarian. >.< Sorry!
              (Note to others: She's not the only one. *glares and waves apostrophes in the air threateningly)

And then I talked a bit about child labour and why it really really sucks, I linked to Trade Aid and I have to go eat dinner now, but not before reccing ferociously:

Eats, Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Guide to Punctuation, by Lynley Truss, is a marvellous piece of work no stickler should be without. It has inspired me greatly, and anyone who physically winces when someone misuses an apostrophe and understands the joy of the semicolon will love it.
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• That's the one about the panda that kills people, right?

Well, Tui, IS your favorite chocolate a product of slave labour?

And why slave labour? *checks previous posts*

"Ha! Rysade had that in his siggy for the longest time, even with the typo I had in it... heh. I always make typos. But I forgot what typo it was. Might've been 'rule' instead of 'ruled.' And after Rysade got rid of that quote, he replaced it with another of mine!"

That's because you're eminitely (sp?) quotable, Gryphon. So you're the one who mentioned slave labour, huh? Yeah. 'Air Jordans' cost US$200 to buy, US¢5 to manufacture. I once told someone this (they had bought the shoes) and they hated me forever. Well, that's what honesty gets you with some people.

*is in the midst of getting intoxicated a few months earlier than is legal*

Yeah, Khalua rocks.

So, this is the question I've been debating blogging on: What the heck should I do with my life? I mean, I'm a decent writer, should I try for the local newspaper, or should I go for software, like my degree says I should? After all, jobs ARE going to India.

Random song lyrics:

"There's Judy Garland taking Buddha by the hand
                And then these seven little men get up to dance
                they say Confucius does his crossword with a pen

I'm still the angel to a girl who hates to SIN" -Tori Amos, Happy Phantom

That third line is my favorite.

Comment

• *grins* I don't know, they didn't have brand references. Since I mostly buy Cadbury, I hope not... but you never know, I suppose.

"Eminently" is, I think, the word- Gryphon is eminently quotable.

*squints thoughtfully at BIG LIFECHANGING DECISION.* Well... can you do both? I mean there's a fairly big difference between the two, but looking at records, many writers don't start out as writers- DD started off as a nurse, IIRC- they do something else and write on the side. So doing "what your degree says you should" doesn't neccesarily preclude being a writer- and would almost certainly be more lucrative in an immediate sense, right? Or possibly not, actually, I have no idea of the relative journalist: programmer pay ratios are.

Anyway, that's what I think I'll end up doing- mostly because while I would like to write, my common sense (minimal though it is) is muttering all sorts of things about ability, and money (!), and student loans. And other stuff too- but especially ability.

*sigh* Speaking of which: dialogue sucks. I mean that. And it especially sucks because I believe in dialogue as being the most important part of character and story- if you can't look at a few lines of dialogue and know who's speaking without having "he said" "she said"s, then I don't feel the character is developed enough.

And also, fairy-talking-to-little-girl is SO overdone.

Dave! I haven't talked to you for MONTHS. I miss you. E-mail me.
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I'm gonna explode! That homework I was tediously working on last night? I'M STILL DOING IT! I woke up soooo early, and now, I'm posting here. Why AM I posting here? I should be typing a bunch of junk on shakespeare. *sigh* Oh, well.
                    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• AHHHHHH! I'm trying to blow up one of those long, skinny ballon animal balloons without a balloon pump. They should be called Pop-a-vain-in-your-forehead balloons! My face is all purple. I STILL HAVE SCHOOL!!!!!!! I have to get on the bus in half an hour! I'm hungry, I need to go eat food.

Comment

• Blowing up balloon animals the minute [not literally] before school...

I won't comment.

What do I mean do both? I dunno what I mean. Where did I post that?

Gryphon:
                        Nitafan, do both if you want.
                        Oh, well I have no idea what I was talking about. Hmmm. Might have something to do with Nitafan's last post. Other than that, no clue. I was up til 10 last night online.

Meh. I'm still so tired.
                        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Im tired too. It's summer and I have to get up early! Tui, I don't care that you corrected me, I was in a hurry, I had to get off the computer and I didn't want to erase all my work! Rysade, I don't know what to tell you about your job thing. I think I would go for which ever one makes you happy. Also, Ive tried Khalua before, it's not that bad!

**Neets**

Comment

• Rysade,

Hmm... depends on what kind of money that you want to make. Journalism isn't really high up on the money list unless you have been there for a while and write killer work.

If you are looking for money fairly quickly, Oracle Programmers (at least in my area) make over 50,000 a year to start out. Pretty good for a starter job. You can always start out in software and do journalism part-time 'til you find out what you really love.

Hmm.... well, that is my two cents worth.
                            -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                            The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                            I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Are you insulting my ballon animals Gryphon? Cause if you are...Anywho, I wasn't exactly makeing ballon animals, more like blowing up the balloon, then deflating it, then blowing it up, then deflating it. It was really fun(see how bored I was?). But it popped, boohoo. Oh ahnd,I think you may have accidently deleted a post I made on vgdawn. Shelly's computer got screwed up, and there were a bunch of posts there, I think you deleted my post accidently when deleting hers.

Comment

• Gryphon or anyone who is on Gryphons roleplay thingy, How do I make a profile on my character and how do I get into a place to start posting? It's making me REALLY frusrated!!!!
                                **Neets**

Comment

Working...
                                X